The Education Forum

Has This Research Made You Paranoid?

Nic Martin

I was wondering if anyone here has a bit more paranoia than they did before they began researching. I know I'm definitely more observant now, and more skeptical, but with the risk involved by getting too close - does it make you paranoid? Do you question the motives of ordinary people?

I've noticed that I pick up on liars more easily in real life, and my mind works better at puzzle solving, and I pick up on things that seem to be unimportant details.

Edited by Nic Martin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with regards to the jfk assassination i think there is a lot of paranoia and rightly so but sometimes people are so skeptical that they simply brush people off as disinfo agents etc. i know a few people that have been warned due to the field of research they are in and that would make me more cautious as to what areas I would look into. i suppose because im only 19 i havent really experienced any real confrontation as a result of research. i suppose i will only find out when im denied a j1 visa for the states!

john

I think enough time has passed in this case for anybody to have their life put in danger. Not many people involved are alive anymore to be worrying about people like us. Personally, and maybe it's my youth speaking, I just don't care about the danger factor, although I have thought about it, that's not going to keep me from doing what I want to do.

I think enough time has passed in this case for anybody to have their life put in danger. Not many people involved are alive anymore to be worrying about people like us. Personally, and maybe it's my youth speaking, I just don't care about the danger factor, although I have thought about it, that's not going to keep me from doing what I want to do.

_____________________________________-

I think Nic poses a very interesting question. For me the answer is mostly no. People who do research are generally not in any danger. Now if such a person stumbles onto something serious, for example whatever Jack Ruby told to Dorothy Killgalen, that's the sort of thing that got people killed.

But just knowledge itself is not even taken seriously. They know who we are and I believe they actually just laugh at us. After all where have we really gotten in now 41 years? The official version is still what the histry text books teach school kids, the media is totally controlled.

But your other question, about questioning the motives of ordinary people, is an even better question. I think when we study this case we hone our critical thinking skills in ways that we teach ourselves to do (vs any classroom teaching) and so as a result we do begin to question people on different levels. Then there are all the liars, paid disinformationists and con artists in this little conspiracy world which really feeds into all of this. It is this I think that can cause us to cross the paranoia line. To question "who are you REALLY?" . All the ego trips, the I- am gonna- solve- this- case- first crap we contend with causes us to wonder about people we can consider friends one day and then "who are you REALLY"? the next day. That we are here in cyberspace just adds to the mass confusion of all this. So the only people I totally trust are the people I really do know. Not in cyberspace, but in real life. Not to say I do not feel that I have made a lot of great friendships here in cyberspace. You, (Nic) for example. Because of words by you and Tim Carroll I am now playing music again regularily. (After not having played in almost 5 years).

I enjoy even the debate, so long as it is not name calling and mean. (And of course I detest the disinformationists).

I love the fact that the forums are introducing this case to so many young people like you and Gibson and Greg (I think).

It's good to question things.

Like today: Who killed MLK??

(For your answer read Dr Phil Melanson's great book The Martin Luther King Assassination.)

Dawn

Hi Nic,

People tell me I've always been on the "paranoid" side of the coin, albeit not to the point of needing a visit from "some nice doctors in white robes who have a comfortable room for me." I don't really know if this research has made me any more in this direction or not. Perhaps it has, but that is hard to say.

I've always recommended that people keep their wits about them when working on something like this. A *healthy* dose of skepticism never hurts either.

If you start seeing complex, international conspiracies as the reason you are always stuck at a certain red light, though, it may be time to re-address the level to which you are taking things.

Regards,

Frank

I don't think of myself as paranoid, but I do tend to watch people and not be as trusting as the next person. I don't think it is from researching the assassination, I think it is more because of the times we live in. There is a lot more danger out there on the street than there used to be. We don't allow our children to do some of the things we did as kids because it is just too dangerous. Also with me it might be because I've worked in Law Enforcement for 11 years. I don't know I just don't trust every thing that a person may say or do.

Mike <_<

I've always said, that if I live in a country where they keep files on

the critics, then I will strive to have MY file...and keep it up to date,

showing them someone thoroughly, exhaustively critical

of their secret government forces.

Shanet

(I'm afraid of driving on the Interstate,

but I am not afraid of discussing corrupt agencies)

Question: Are conspiracy theorists paranoid of the entire cabal of murderers that killed Kennedy or are you just worried about the faction you've exposed, i.e., the Dallas cops, anti-Castro Cubans, Texas oilmen, CIA moles, the KGB, FBI, Lyndon Johnson's ghost, pro-Castro Cubans, right wing extremists, the military industrial complex, Halliburton, the real Oswald (not the patsy silenced in 1963) or, my God, the Mafia. Better get your bios off this website. If they start surfing this forum, the jig is up. Joe Louis said it best. "You can run, but you can't hide."

This discussion kind of reminds me of the hypochondriac's tombstone in the Key West cemetery with the engraving: "See, I told you I was sick."

Or how about the Garrison witness who insisted on fingerprinting his daughter to verify it was really her?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Shanet

I would like to warn you on something, Shanet. You can discuss the corruption in the agencies all you want, but if you run into some legal problems and those agencies are involved and learn about what you wrote about them, you might regret you wrote. They can make pay a heavy price to your words.

Tim Gratz wrote: "This discussion kind of reminds me of the hypochondriac's tombstone in the Key West cemetery with the engraving: "See, I told you I was sick."

<_<

Edited by Denis Morissette

Shanet

I would like to warn you on something, Shanet. You can discuss the corruption in the agencies all you want, but if you run into some legal problems and those agencies are involved and learn about what you wrote about them, you might regret you wrote. They can make pay a heavy price to your words.

Tim Gratz wrote: "This discussion kind of reminds me of the hypochondriac's tombstone in the Key West cemetery with the engraving: "See, I told you I was sick."

<_<

THE good part about America is supposed to be the freedom of speech that we have.

BUT DO WE? All kinds of regulations and restrictions on that bill they passed for us.

We shouldn't be afraid to question our leaders

we shouldn't be afraid to question things we see wrong, ever.

Judyth Baker is hiding deeper and deeper.

SHE IS AFRAID.

I should be but I am to angry on what I see wrong and of corruptions and illegal behavior.

I wouldn't ignore that because it does exist.

IT SHOULDN'T BUT IT DOES.

I long for the day that no longer has to exist.

I will try to work for that to happen.

That we know the real outcome about JFK and live to see it.

God Bless that moment.

Hi Nic-

Does researching this topic make me paranoid? Not really. But there's always the chance that through your efforts you find that piece of evidence, or get someone with first-hand knowledge to tell you something, etc. I think if I ever stumbled onto hard evidence such as we've all hoped of doing, my first thought would be "Eureka!" ...and my second thought would be "Uh-oh." But I'll worry about that when it happens <_<

Dawn made a great point addressing your issue about questioning the motives of ordinary people. This pursuit has certainly helped to advance my critical thinking skills. That's something it seems too many Americans lack. There is so much of a "TV/pop culture/herd" mentality these days. It seems like fewer people are engaged in real issues and thinking for themselves.

While at times I feel like a neophyte here, I really enjoy the debate and the substantial contributions made by so many. And while the pursuit of such a complex obsession such as the events surrounding 11/22/63 certainly have helped me develop and hone things like my research methodology and critical thinking skills, there is also a lot to learn here from the various contributors.

So even if one has to deal with a little paranoia, it seems to me that the benefits outweigh the cost.

That is until you discover the one piece of evidence that threatens to unravel the whole thing. Then, of course, you are screwed :)

Greg

I'm not that paranoid, really, about being murdered or threatened, I don't think the government would waste it's time with a silly 17 year old that reads too many books..

Yet, I do question the motives of people a lot more, which is what caused me to start this topic.

I do question the motives of people a lot more, which is what caused me to start this topic.

People can certainly surprise you. This reminds me of the guy whose wife ran away with his best friend. He didn't know it was his best friend till his wife ran away with him.

Ron

I'm not that paranoid, really, about being murdered or threatened, I don't think the government would waste it's time with a silly 17 year old that reads too many books..

Yet, I do question the motives of people a lot more, which is what caused me to start this topic.

Greetings Nic: B)

First of all, IMO, you are hardly a SILLY 17yo who reads too many books. I find you to be articulate, even elegant in your posting and quite capable of holding your own in any discussion on this forum. It is people like you that people like me are trying to reach out to with factual and accurate information about the JFK assassination. Such is what drives and motivates me as much as my actual research for it is you and those like you who are going to have to pick up the torch when I am no longer able to work for whatever reason.

As for myself, Hell, if Al Carrier and Tosh are correct, which BTW, I think they are, I was not even supposed to survive Laos much less remain free to be a proverbial thorn in the side of the powers that be. I have been stabbed, shot, blown up, imprisoned, tortured, harrassed, and have been under constant attack ever since I GOT INVOLVED in the JFK affair. Am I paranoid? Hell no! Do I watch my back? You bet! If it wasn't for a certain kind of Insurance Policy I took out some time ago, and certain Markers I hold I doubt I would be on this forum at this point in time.

Remember, IT'S NOT PARANOIA when they really are out to get you. ;)

Warmest Regards: