The Education Forum

The Floor-Laying Crew

Alan Ford

Friends, Mr. Harold Norman's information about the existence of an outside carpentry crew, brought in for the floor-laying project, answers a number of hitherto intractable questions:

1. Why did Messrs. Norman, Jarman & Williams not watch the motorcade from the sixth floor?

2. Why did every other employee avoid the sixth floor as a vantage point for the motorcade?

3. Why did Messrs. Norman & Jarman leave it so very late to go up to the fifth floor (~12:28!)?

4. Who was the man whom Officer Baker caught walking away from the rear stairway several floors up the building?

5. Why did Mr. Truly vouch for this man as someone who worked in the building?

6. Who were the men seen by Mr. Arnold Rowland, Mrs Ruby Henderson & Mrs. Carolyn Walther?

7. Why were the men on the sixth floor so cavalier about being seen up there by folks out on the street?

8. How was an assassination (or: 'assassination') team brought into the building without attracting attention?

4 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

Very thought provoking. Thanks. Are you aware if any paperwork/invoices exist for this plywood laying job or was there ever a mention of any contractor name? 

Thanking you, Mr. Bartetzko.

No paperwork. This would have been totally off-books (like the false-flag operation I believe these men were actually there to take part in).

Agree, very thought provoking.  Never heard of this crew previously!

No details exist in the official records of any non-depository men working on 6th floor.

Strange, when DPD police officers were taking names and details of Depository workers gathered around Truly's office on the 1st floor.

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Agree, very thought provoking.  Never heard of this crew previously!

No details exist in the official records of any non-depository men working on 6th floor.

Strange, when DPD police officers were taking names and details of Depository workers gathered around Truly's office on the 1st floor.

The external floor-laying crew was long gone by then, Mr. Mellor. And not a mention was made of them.

However! Officer Baker had encountered one of them by the rear stairway a few floors up. Mr. Truly had vouched for him. This was a real problem.

Mr. BALL. At that time didn't you know that one of your officers, Baker, had seen Oswald on the second floor?
Mr. FRITZ. They told me about that down at the bookstore; I believe Mr. Truly or someone told me about it, told me they had met him--I think he told me, person who told me about, I believe told me that they met him on the stairway, but our investigation shows that he actually saw him in a lunchroom

Captain Fritz's flustered word salad tells the story here: down at the bookstore we were told that a worker had been met on the stairway, but it took an investigation afterwards to establish that no, actually it was in a lunchroom  🤣

Here are Mr. Truly and Officer Baker on one after coming back downstairs:

Alyea-first-floor-ID.gif

No doubt Officer Baker has mentioned to other law enforcement what he saw. And Mr. Truly knows he has a sighting by the rear stairway of a man he vouched for as working there to explain away in a manner that does not, lethally, reveal to the police the fact of the external floor-laying crew.

Enter Mr. Oswald......................