The Education Forum

Biography: Jim Hudson

Jim Hudson

My name is James Hudson, I like to be called Jim. I am presently a Social Studies teacher at Robert G. Cole High School in San Antonio, Texas. I am also the Social Studies department chair, a job that requires that I keep the other social studies teachers abreast of all of the state and school district changes.

I received by BS degree from Texas A&M in History. Upon graduation I entered the United States Army as an officer, where I remained in service for 24 years. Upon retirement I went back to college and received my teachers certificate for the state of Texas at the University of Texas. I have since earned my Master of Arts degree in history at Texas A&M.

I was an avid pilot for many years, spending most of my Army career as a helicopter pilot. I have also flown World War II aircraft in the Commerative Air Force but three years ago I was grounded because of heart problems. I have been teaching 18 years since my military retirement and love students.

I hope to join this forum for a lively exchange of ideas on education and have the opportunity to communicate with those in other places to discuss the differences in students, parents and social issues they have to face.