The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extraordinary acceptance speech by Kamala Harris tonight!!  A grand slam!!

She not only lived up to the high expectations raised all week, she exceeded them!

I agree W. She did exceed expectations.

I thought this could well be the case. She won't be at all intimidated by Trump in the debate. And that by itself will unnerve Trump.

Watch how she handles Russia Gate denier Super Hero obfuscater William Barr.

I just read that Harris is now less than five points behind Trump in Texas.

That is really something.

Trump now will have to defend Florida, Texas and N. Carolina.  He cannot afford to lose any of them.  But if he loses two of them he is toast.

Apart from citing stupid polls.

That is realy something:

GATEWAY PUNDIT: 

Credit: Gage Skidmore/Flicker

Guest Post by Miriam Judith

Robert F. Kennedy has officially dropped out of the presidential race in the state of Arizona.

According to the New York Times, a spokesperson confirmed on Thursday night that RFK Jr. had filed his paperwork to be removed from the Arizona Ballot.

BREAKING: RFK has officially withdrawn from the Arizona ballot pic.twitter.com/uaVstGyOx4

— Jack Poso (@JackPosobiec) August 23, 2024

The move to withdraw from the race follows previous reports circulating earlier this week from sources close to the Kennedy campaign who had confirmed that he would be giving his endorsement to Trump this Friday.

Earlier this week, RFK’s running mate, Nicole Shanahan, even admitted that staying in the race only served to benefit the Harris campaign. Not only that, but the Democrats had also been undermining and subverting his campaign from the very beginning, leading the pair to seemingly decide to throw their support behind Trump.

“We run the risk of a Kamala Harris and Walz presidency, because we draw votes from Trump, we draw more votes from Trump” she continued. “Or, we walk away right now and join forces with Donald Trump and, you know, we walk away from that and explain to our base why we’re making this decision.”

It looks as if they are following through on their plan to back DJT, as the pair removed themselves from the ballot in AZ just a day before RFK is set to make his big announcement during a visit to the state on Friday.

From the New York Times:

“Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has filed paperwork to withdraw from the presidential race in Arizona, a spokesman for the Arizona secretary of state’s office said on Thursday night.

The move comes a day before Mr. Kennedy, an independent candidate, is set to give an address in Arizona about the future of his struggling campaign.

He is expected to end his candidacy and possibly to endorse former President Donald. J. Trump following weeks of discussion between their camps, although people close to Mr. Kennedy say an endorsement is not yet certain. On Thursday Mr. Trump’s campaign announced that the former president would have a “special guest” at his rally in Glendale, Ariz., on Friday.”

The Gateway Pundit reported on Thursday that Trump will be joined by a mystery special guest at his rally in Arizona on Friday, fueling widespread speculation that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. may be poised to make a historic endorsement of Trump’s campaign.

That means: A man who's family was poliically destroyed by the Secret Team joins another man who was almost killed by the Secret Team in his effort to become your President. This is not Dems vs Reps. This is a brand new US approach to the world (Trump/Vance/Kennedy) vs the WDC "forever wars fraction" with their killers. 

IMO Kamala is nothing but face patched on that Stephen King Clown trampling the world since World War 2. 

Edited by Karl Kinaski

14 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

My response to your long sought after validation of your country as a corrupt, money grubbing  plutocratic vassal state of the US empire was witting. But you're welcome!

Could you please translate that into intelligible English, Kirk?

5 hours ago, Karl Kinaski said:

Apart from citing stupid polls.

That is realy something:

GATEWAY PUNDIT: 

That means: A man who's family was poliically destroyed by the Secret Team joins another man who was almost killed by the Secret Team in his effort to become your President. This is not Dems vs Reps. This is a brand new US approach to the world (Trump/Vance/Kennedy) vs the WDC "forever wars fraction" with their killers. 

IMO Kamala is nothing but face patched on that Stephen King Clown trampling the world since World War 2. 

Gateway Pundit?

C'mon, Karl.

You need to start thinking critically about your flawed, right wing "news" sources.

Notorious far-right blog The Gateway Pundit declares bankruptcy over 2020 election-related lawsuits | CNN Business

17 hours ago, John Cotter said:

Could you please translate that into intelligible English, Kirk?

Yeah well this witting sentence below will be even more difficult for you to unpack, John. .

Is John aspiring  to follow in Trumps footsteps and blaze a new era of bored, idle septuagenarian social media trolling.or .......

is he just a glutton for my punishment? 

heh heh    If unpacked,  it's a joke John!

Harris gave a great speech, no doubt. It was only 40 minutes or so, and felt shorter. That's always a positive quality. She introduced herself with sincerity, and went from topic to topic well.

Threading the needle is difficult. She has to come across as warm and loving, but also tough as steel at the same time. I think she accomplished that goal.

It's hard to imagine someone open-minded watching that speech and not coming away with some measure of respect.

Edited by Denny Zartman

28 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

Harris gave a great speech, no doubt. It was only 40 minutes or so, and felt shorter. That's always a positive quality. She introduced herself with sincerity, and went from topic to topic well.

Threading the needle is difficult. She has to come across as warm and loving, but also tough as steel at the same time  I think she accomplished that goal.

It's hard to imagine someone open-minded watching that speech and not coming away with some measure of respect.

Well said, Denny.   Harris seems very sincere, (and I usually have fairly good radar for fraudsters.)

She's a remarkable woman-- highly intelligent, ethical, and articulate-- from a remarkable family.

I spent some time today reading the Wikipedia chapters about both of her parents.

Her mother was a cancer researcher from Madras, who came to UC Berkely from India for her graduate degree.

Her maternal grandparents spent their retirement savings to send Shyamala to Berkeley.

Her father is a retired Emeritus Professor of Economics at Stanford, who grew up in Jamaica and, among other endeavors, has done pro publica consulting work for the Jamaican government.

Both parents were focused on academic research that benefits humanity.

Edited by W. Niederhut

51 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I love that world-class dummy Trump is saying he doesn't think she's very smart lol. This will increase the shock value when she cleans his clock at the debate.

It's extra funny, because Trump believes that intelligence is passed through the genes.

"You know, I had an uncle. He's the longest serving professor, Doctor John Trump, in the history of MIT, with same genes, we have genes, we're smart people, we're smart people," Trump said.

"We're like race, Mr. Lieutenant Governor, we're like racehorses, too. You know, the fast ones produce the fast ones, and the slow ones doesn't work out so well, right? But we're no different in that sense."

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-trump-claims-uncle-longest-serving-professor-mit-1864991

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I just read that Harris is now less than five points behind Trump in Texas.

That is really something.

Trump now will have to defend Florida, Texas and N. Carolina.  He cannot afford to lose any of them.

I think Georgia, North Carolina, and even Florida might be within reach for Harris. My opinion is the bloom is off the rose for Trump. He's got nothing new to offer, and his appeal is growing weak among those expected to be his strongest supporters.

I'll believe Texas turns blue when I see it, but Trump having to worry about Texas of all places is nice to think about. And he should worry, because for him losing Texas would be an embarrassment of historical proportions.