The Education Forum

2024 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Those were older statistics. They fluctuate within the framework of the murder of George Floyd and the aftermath...so there is more or less trauma...

Also, I am not talking about statistics I read, but what I see, and what I experienced at the time of the murder of George Floyd and the uncontrolled aftermath, when there were curfews, and were even told gangs were trying to attack some of the suburban malls...

The area from Lake Calhoun on Lake Street out to 38th and Chicago, where George Floyd was murdered, became a war zone, with miles of burned down and burned out out buildings.  That area is still in recovery...

Gov Walz may have been able to sleep through this, but many of the ordinary citizens, including me, were not...

Edited by Pamela Brown

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

Please desist from your usual name-calling and specify where exactly Megyn Kelly or either of her guests were wrong.

John,

Give us all a break, please. 

Did you watch the debate?

If modest fact-checking of a rabid, lying demagogue is "bias," our democracy is in serious danger.

And, incidentally, Trump's clueless MAGA goons have been threatening the ABC moderators, in response to the kind of MAGA propaganda you just posted.

In the debate, Trump was asked about his double speak on Roe v. Wade-- an important, fair question.

The mod received racist MAGA death threats.

The Haitian refugees in Ohio have also been threatened-- in response to Trump's dog whistle.

Do you understand the problem?

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

In the first few minutes of this video Megyn Kelly explains how biased against Trump the ABC moderators were in the recent Harris v Trump debate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-vs-harris-and-moderators-in-biased-abc-debate-special-with-jashinsky-lowry-halperin-more/vi-AA1qpxtN

You can tell who has idle time on his hands when Cotter forsakes a full length movie to listen to Megyn Kelly!  John never knew what he was missing and looks forward to 2027 when he can start following  the U.S. Presidential elections a year and a half before the election!

John: Please desist from your usual name-calling and specify where exactly Megyn Kelly or either of her guests were wrong.

No, Halpern was right. Trump was horrible! He took the Harris's bait on everything, and looked fumbling and paralyzed, old and boring.

I've watched every debate since 1960, and no one candidate has fallen for traps and was so obviously played by his opponent than Trump!  And that's been reinforced by a 2-1 rating in the polls.  My review of the debate,  a few posts back is better than any of these pundits and it won't take 100 minutes, but one minute to read!

John is mesmerized by Megyn Kelly, purely because she checks all the boxes of John's very hopeful adolescent ideal of an Irish American West Coast surfer girl! That's well and good John , but serious issues have to be pondered with more earnestness!

John rose up in his night chair when Megyn Kelly  said F-ck you to Taylor Swift!!! It's about time! Right John?

The concept of relevance seems to be beyond the ken of William and Kirk. 

Neither of them have identified a flaw in the reasoning of Megyn Kelly or her guests. (And just to set the record straight, Kirk is the one who raised the issue of Megyn Kelly's Irish American West Coast dishiness, not me.)

20 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

The concept of relevance seems to be beyond the ken of William and Kirk. 

Neither of them have identified a flaw in the reasoning of Megyn Kelly or her guests. (And just to set the record straight, Kirk is the one who raised the issue of Megyn Kelly's Irish American West Coast dishiness, not me.)

John,

Speaking or "relevance," did you watch the historic debate?

Yes or no? 

Your MAGA trope about moderator "bias" is simply ridiculous.

But you need to watch the debate to understand why.

The mods were too timid, in point of fact.

They could have confronted Trump about dozens of his lies.

Instead, they politely asked about his double speak on Roe v. Wade, and corrected his disinformation about Haitians in Ohio eating pets.

That isn't "bias." It's reality.

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

John,

Speaking or "relevance," did you watch the historic debate?

Yes or no? 

Your MAGA trope about moderator "bias" is simply ridiculous.

But you need to watch the debate to understand why.

The mods were too timid, in point of fact.

They could have confronted Trump about dozens of his lies.

Instead, they politely asked about his double speak on Roe v. Wade, and corrected his disinformation about Haitians in Ohio eating pets.

That isn't "bias." It's reality.

Please see my previous post.

So, while we're waiting for John Cotter to finally answer my question about whether he watched the historic Trump-Harris debate, here's an amusing review of the loony MAGA excuses for Trump's disastrous debate performance.*

Guess which MAGA excuse is listed at #1 here?

It's John Cotter's MAGA Megyn Kelly "Biased Moderator" trope!!  🙄

In all fairness to John Cotter, he probably doesn't know that Megyn Kelly got her career start by being pimped out to the MAGA cult by Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes.

Now she markets her own show to her remaining MAGA base, after getting canned by Fox and NBC.

Here are 6 of the wackiest conspiracies to explain Trump's debate fail (dailykos.com)

It's safe to conclude that William Niederhut is unable to identify any flaws in the reasoning of Megyn Kelly or her guests. I await Kirk Galloway's response.

On 9/12/2024 at 10:12 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:
GOP spin and list of sour grape grievances after the debate.

1)Fact checked on social medias claims of immigrants eating U.S. citizen's dogs, My God the moderators were so unfair!  CNN didn't fact check! It was 3 against 1!
Trump was fact checked 2, maybe 3 times and Trump had 5 minutes more air time than Harris!

2)  Trump got diverted by Harris with her cheap tricks!
Yes that's true, she completely lulled him in and when Trump didn't end up bashing himself, Harris bashed him! All the while Harris was chiding  him for being a sucker and easily manipulated by foreign leaders, like Putin and Kim Jong Un. 
And this isn't some sign under pressure of Harris competence? Oh how could that be?

I'll agree that Harris wasn't put as much to task to get her policies out there as Trump. Some  blame Trump for not taking her to task. 
First off  I'm not even sure the debate rules even allowed for that.  But I guess it didn't matter because all rules ended when Trump was given the complete license to have the last word on everything! I thought they were going to be turning off mics here, not turning them back on again! I think he got away with it twice and finally Harris said she also wants to respond in kind. 
It should have been as easy as not turning the mic back on and laying down the law and simply saying "We're running this debate here." Supposedly they have an agenda and time constraints!

Was it really that unfair? He ended speaking over 5 minutes more than Harris. As it turned out, Trump gave himself a chance to challenge Harris, but  with every Trump interjection, it ended up  being just  more rope for Trump to hang himself.

The future: the Republicans seem to think Trump can actually learn and turn around his performance?

What the GOP hopes for their next debate spin, is that they'll be able to say that Trump "calmed down" and "focused on the issues." So he'll just 1) talk about the border and 2)ask "are you better off"*,  and both can be somewhat deflected and Trump will be even more boring than he was in this debate. Is that why people tune in to watch Trump? Because he's boring?

* Never mind in either case does the Vice President direct policy. Harris will counter again that they had a border bill approved by both parties and Trump nixed it and his party followed in lockstep. And 2. Harris will remind him when Trump left office the economy was in shambles from covid ruin.  It's not that fair, but neither is blaming Biden Harris  for inflation that was caused by a surge in  consumer spending chasing after fewer goods, after the covid lock down. But the average voter doesn't know the difference so it's all fair game!

JOHN: It's safe to conclude that William Niederhut is unable to identify any flaws in the reasoning of Megyn Kelly or her guests. I await Kirk Galloway's response.  

I already responded. As usual I answer your questions. You don't listen to my answers and never answer mine. What don't you understand John? Did you even see the debate?

I addressed the most significant responses from Kelly's guest. 

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Halpern was right. Trump was horrible! He took the Harris's bait on everything, and looked fumbling and paralyzed, old and boring.

That's Mark Halpern, he was one of the respondents in the Kelly interview. If you' want us to view your material, at least learn the rosters! Perhaps you were diverted by that silly little tart, Sean Spicey.

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

My review of the debate,  a few posts back is better than any of these pundits and it won't take 100 minutes, but one minute to read!

I gave my response (above) long before your silly pundits. I addressed that there were only 2 fact checks, and one of those was about that asinine assertion by Trump of Haitians eating neighbor's dogs. If you're going to call Trump on any of his 33 lies in that debate, that should be one of them.

They also suspended the rules to let Trump have the last word on every question, and Trump had over 5 minutes more time than Harris, when the rules were for equal time.  The fact that Trump was so discombobulated by Harris that he only used that time to hang himself, is not Harris or ABC's fault. 

Oh I know John! I feel your pain! Can't we all just be like Trump and never really lose? That would be so empowering!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

55 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

It's safe to conclude that William Niederhut is unable to identify any flaws in the reasoning of Megyn Kelly or her guests. I await Kirk Galloway's response.

Read my posts again, John.  You're either a pathological dissembler, or your reading comprehension is truly impaired.

What did I explain (above) about the appropriate, timid ABC fact-checking of Trump's firehose of falsehoods?

The ABC mods only fact-checked two or three of Trump's 30+ lies in that debate.

And the format didn't allow Harris to respond to most of Trump's lies.

The Daily Kos article (above) made precisely the same point, for those who understand plain English.

You, obviously, didn't even watch the debate.

7ee3b4d0645850e1d8a5c028b06f617cbc73a1d6

Edited by W. Niederhut

32 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

William and Kirk have again failed to identify any flaw in the analysis of the debate by Megyn Kelly and her guests in that video.

William, in his usual manner, engages in irrelevant personal attacks on Megyn Kelly and me.

Kirk, in his usual scattergun manner, dodges the issue, falsely claiming that he has already addressed it and engaging in other diversions such as the “Sean Spicey” and other irrelevant references.

Thank you, gentlemen. I rest my case.

Geez... unreal.

I think our forum members and mods can clearly see what the problem is here.

We have a forum member who didn't even watch the historic Harris-Trump debate posting MAGA disinformation about what happened, then posting false ad hominem slurs about those who have taken the time to correct his misunderstanding of history.

Here are 6 of the wackiest conspiracies to explain Trump's debate fail (dailykos.com)

Edited by W. Niederhut

10 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Gov Walz may have been able to sleep through this, but many of the ordinary citizens, including me, were not...

If his leadership was so unforgettably disastrous during the George Floyd protests of 2020, why was Walz re-elected in 2022?

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

If his leadership was so unforgettably disastrous during the George Floyd protests of 2020, why was Walz re-elected in 2022?

Rule #1: There is never any actual, true logic attached to MAGA claims. It always turns out to be bullsh*t, every time.