The Education Forum

Badgeman photos

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Let me share what someone said who is in the plaza on a daily basis and knows Moorman's position probably better than anyone else ...

"Your recent picture is so close to the Polaroid that it's almost scary!

Gary"

As far as the South wall goes - place your mouse on the edges anywhere you like and let it run back and forth between photos. If there are any differences, then it is in the difference between camera lenses which I could do little about.

I think it's my mistake actually.

What I tried to do was use crops from both your photo & a blow-up from Moorman, my focus was on Badgeman so I was naturally trying to compare the two.

I had trouble lining them up but I thought I was close & I noticed a major difference in the length of the south wall.

I realise now that I just hadn't resized them as well as I thought.

Here's what I did.

If I had checked the windows around the shelter area first then I might of realised sooner that this "difference" in my gif was impossible from where you stood.

I was wondering whether you'd like to have a go at alining a blow-up of the wall in Moorman with a crop of your own picture.

You must of noticed how far out you were in regards to the size of the "Arnold" figure, your man is almost twice the size of the figure in my Moorman crop & it isn't even sized correctly(it's too big).

The recreation images will not be created for you, but will be done with you in mind. I will position someone where Gordon Arnold stood and photograph him from each photographers view so they can be compared to the assassination record. I will even present the view that witnesses across the street and from the overpass had to this individual. I will present a photograph of what he would have looked like from in the street where the SS agents would have seen him from. I will eliminate the distance to the subject that the camera falsely shows us and use the zoom to match the distance that the naked eye sees. I will also get Robert to shoot that Shaw photo he took so long ago and photograph it looking back the other way from the Betzner location.

Well so far your right, this will only be for you or anyone else who likes the Arnold scenario(you do know that I still feel Arnold is a red herring right?).

Maybe you'll at least get a picture from behind this person looking at the original photographers position(oh & make sure we can see where he's standing, a shot from the waist up is no good).

It might be a good idea to take a set of steps with you.

Since you like Arnold for Blackdog so much you might consider replicating Betzner3 & don't forget the most important shot, from behind the wall, looking up the street with the corner of the wall in line to the Betzner position & once more, please make sure their feet are in the shot too please.

That would be really helpful in knowing exactly where he's standing.

I also plan on shooting a photo from the Badge Man location as he is aiming towards the President as seen in Moorman's photograph. This will be done by aligning him precisely to where he is seen in Moorman's photo both left to right and up and down. Once that position is obtained - a photo will be taken looking back the other way. A stand will be placed in the street showing the elevation of Kennedy's head at the time Badge Man would have fired his shot. This will demonstrate to others what many of us already know from testing these views while spending countless hours in the plaza.

If you or anyone else have any other concerns or things you'd like to see, feel free to state what they are and we'll try and accomodate everyone.

Bill

Yes that sonds good but I hope you'll be just as accurate with the Blackdog to Betzner & the "Arnold" to Moorman LOS's too, if your going to help people to see where these individuals would of been standing you have to get behind them & above them.

I look forward to your results & hope it goes well for you.

Alan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic