The Education Forum

A few photodigitally enhanced Badgeman photos

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Here are two Badgeman photos photodigitally enhanced by me.

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is to good of work to ignore and just let this sink into the threads.

GREAT WORK.

First of all, it looks to me like the man has a crew cut. I think that is how it is spell for it. He has

a receding hair line his ear is clear to show it's shape. This is the most I have seen of him clear

and also his shirt. Now up close and done more clear it not any longer looks like a badge instead it

looks like the shirt he has or the lighting of the light onto the shirt.

Not sure of that is the end of a barrel of a gun but perhaps it is. Still his hands NEVER show no matter

what anyone does however it is clear that is two arms. Maybe the guy has a hood to the back of his

coat why it is like that. However you for sure made it clear enough to know this is a person who is not

wearing a badge and who has a crew cut hair style with receding hair line. Also, a high forehead.

Wish eye could show up better but that is sort of there too. Maybe someday someone can do something

a bit more with it to clear that up and we for the first time have the entire look of this man.

GREAT WORK, WELL DONE.

Hope you don't mind I sent it off to a few people to see what they think of it.

This is exciting!!!!!!

Edited by Nancy Eldreth

Bill,

Was White striking a Badgeman pose in that photo, or is it from his time in the service?

In any case, the pose is identical enough to the Badgeman to show that the shooter's left arm would block the camera's view of the badge on the Badgeman's chest.

I've always wondered how the badge could be visible in Moorman given the Badgeman's shooting position.

Ron

Eugene...very interesting, but it looks like a digital composite of badgeman

and ROSCOE WHITE posing with a rifle. The give-aways are the left shoulder

and the area of the hand holding the rifle.

I hope you did not combine these two pictures.

In any event, the HAND-COLORED version of badgeman in Moorman is

NOT a good image to enhance, since in adding photo oil tints, I "changed"

tonal values in many areas, so they are not the best images to use.

Only the unaltered image should be used.

Attached is the image before colorization. Try your enhancement again

using it. I will be interested in the result.

Jack

EBC

I just watched the Magic Bullet program on the Discovery Channel, again, and noticed the study of Badge Man which demonstrated that proportionally, he is either very small or located very far back into the parking lot. The program said that for Badge Man to have been right up against the fence, he would only have been 2.8' tall. For him to be a 6' man, he would have to have been 40' back in the parking lot and elevated to a height of 25' ("standing on a ladder" is how the program expressed it). How could Gary Mack have been a participant in that study and continue to believe that the photo image is of an actual shooter?

T.C.

I just watched the Magic Bullet program on the Discovery Channel, again, and noticed the study of Badge Man which demonstrated that proportionally, he is either very small or located very far back into the parking lot. The program said that for Badge Man to have been right up against the fence, he would only have been 2.8' tall. For him to be a 6' man, he would have to have been 40' back in the parking lot and elevated to a height of 25' ("standing on a ladder" is how the program expressed it). How could Gary Mack have been a participant in that study and continue to believe that the photo image is of an actual shooter?

T.C.

In looking at this photo, and I have seen this photo many times, the man has his arms on the

cement wall. It is far to clear. I don't know how Eugene did this enhancement but he sure did a good

job.

Also have seen the photo on a few other programs and in one they put color to it. Also looks not

as clear as this enhancement.

So maybe when Gary Mack sees this he might change his mind. This man is up against the wall.

His arms are on the wall and it is in a natural position.

Jack

EBC

Looks like to me that you "enhanced" this overlay I did

back in the 90s.

Jack

Jack

EBC

Looks like to me that you "enhanced" this overlay I did

back in the 90s.

Jack

Here is the Roscoe White photo.

Jack

T.C.

I don't think reality should interfere with a good fantasy. It was probably Roscoes kid brother Midge.

The program said that for Badge Man to have been right up against the fence, he would only have been 2.8' tall. For him to be a 6' man, he would have to have been 40' back in the parking lot

I believe that Bill Miller has addressed this before. (As I recall, it involved a 6' friend of his playing Badgeman). I'm sure he'll address it again.

What I want to know is how the badge would be visible. Maybe Bill will address that too.

T.C.

Let's put an end to the NONSENSE such as the Magic Bullet show.

Look at the evidence and judge for yourself!

Jack

Eugene or Uwe

(If David Weaver reads this thread)

If you could enhance the two men next to him give it a try. See if any features of the face comes

out better than it did before. There is two men next to the shooter.

The more I look at that hands of this one the more it is clearer yes he is holding a gun.

I am still not sure it is Rosco White though and the reason is that the ears of Rosco White seems

smaller than the ears on this man also maybe shaped a bit differ on the two men.

I know it is time consuming to do this but if they do match then perhaps it is Rosco White.