The Education Forum

A few photodigitally enhanced Badgeman photos

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

whoops, here's the relevant image with letters...

could you please say which are actual persons. A and D are clear.

#B and C?

#Also it looks to me that D are standing on ground, is this correct. It helps to get idea of ground level behind wall. If so is this the same ground level across the whole behind wall?

#Do I understand correctly that A is standing on the first cross beam of the wooden fence.

#I just want to get this as clear as possible before starting to look at it.

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoops, here's the relevant image with letters...

could you please say which are actual persons. A and D are clear.

#B and C?

"A" is Gordon Arnold. "B" is Badge Man. "C" was some guy standing next to Tony and further back in the RR yard.

#Also it looks to me that D are standing on ground, is this correct. It helps to get idea of ground level behind wall. If so is this the same ground level across the whole behind wall?

D is on the ground near the wall. Don't forget that at the time of the assassination there was grass near the back side of the wall and the ground sloped near the top of the steps ... now-a-days it is all concrete up there.

#Do I understand correctly that A is standing on the first cross beam of the wooden fence.

"A" is the Arnold figure in the illustration I posted for you.

Bill

post-1084-1141115610_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill Miller

OK Bill, I've checked that and find that Arnold and the 'badgeman' figure would be in this size if placed in these locations. In the photo you posted the person standing behind the fence is on the lower cross beam on the fence?

So I suppose the question is that if there is a person there then as Ron asked. Would the badge be visible (or covered by the arm)?

Would a line from the tip of a suggested rifle to Kennedy's head pass through the concrete wall or above it?

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Hi Jack!

Here are a few enhancements of your Badgeman

photo. As regards the Badgeman photo I enhanced previously

I can only assume it was the colourised version which is available

on the web. I hope these enhancements are of interest to you.

Was the colourised version enhanced as well as colourised?

Anyone wanting to enhance his/her own photos should get:

Photozoom (Essential)

PaintShop Pro ( Versions 7, 8, 9 or Corel PaintShop Pro X)

PhotoShop Elements Versions 2,3 or 4

PhotosShop Versions 5 or 6

Mediachance Bworks

FocusMagic

DCE Tools

The Gimp

How do I get more global space here for posting pictures?

Some individuals can post huge files. How is this?

At present I have: Global Space Left: 181bytes

Btw Jack, the address where I found the Badgeman photos is:

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/02/Pp.html

Regards,

EBC

P.S. Thanks to John Dolva for help on Global Space. Thanks again John!

Eugene

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Eugene, go to My Controls (top right on page)

click on manage attachments (menu lower left)

delete old attachments

So I suppose the question is that if there is a person there then as Ron asked. Would the badge be visible (or covered by the arm)?

Would a line from the tip of a suggested rifle to Kennedy's head pass through the concrete wall or above it?

John, JFK's head was 4' above the street. So the answer to your question is .... Yes, the President would be visible over the wall.

Bill

John, JFK's head was 4' above the street. So the answer to your question is .... Yes, the President would be visible over the wall.

Bill

So. Let's assume that is correct. There is a clear line of sight from the suggested BM to kennedy's head. Apart from the obvious question of whether there is a figure there, what's the hullabaloo about? As I understand the figure, if there, would have to be behind the fence and supposedly has a line of sight to the kill zone.

I thought the suggestion was that the figure was at the wall, not the fence. Looking at sizing clears that up (IMO). If there, it's behind the fence.

Similarly if there is a figure at Arnold, then the size is within error margin it seems, and not in the way? So what's the controversy?

Edited by John Dolva

Hi Jack!

Here are a few enhancements of your Badgeman

photo. As regards the Badgeman photo I enhanced previously

I can only assume it was the colourised version which is available

on the web. I hope these enhancements are of interest to you.

Was the colourised version enhanced as well as colourised?

Anyone wanting to enhance his/her own photos should get:

Photozoom (Essential)

PaintShop Pro ( Versions 7, 8, 9 or Corel PaintShop Pro X)

PhotoShop Elements Versions 2,3 or 4

PhotosShop Versions 5 or 6

Mediachance Bworks

FocusMagic

DCE Tools

The Gimp

How do I get more global space here for posting pictures?

Some individuals can post huge files. How is this?

At present I have: Global Space Left: 181bytes

Btw Jack, the address where I found the Badgeman photos is:

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/02/Pp.html

Regards,

EBC

P.S. Thanks to John Dolva for help on Global Space. Thanks again John!

Eugene

Thanks, Eugene. Those images ARE the badgeman image, though they are

not as clear as the actual image. I suppose when you picked up the composite

with the Roscoe overlay from Deanie Richards site, you did not realize it

was a composite. Re your question about the "colorization"...it was an 11x17

black and white print of very high quality, to which I applied by hand transparent

photo oils to separate the tonal values and was only intended to show people

WHAT I SEE IN THE PHOTO. It was not done by computer, but was a hand

staining of colors to help people visualize. It was not scientific, but artistic.

People try to imply that it was something I did to falsify the image when all

it was ever intended to do was to show viewers where to look and what to

look for.

Thanks for your interest.

Jack

"So. Let's assume that is correct. There is a clear line of sight from the suggested BM to kennedy's head. Apart from the obvious question of whether there is a figure there, what's the hullabaloo about? As I understand the figure, if there, would have to be behind the fence and supposedly has a line of sight to the kill zone.

I thought the suggestion was that the figure was at the wall, not the fence. Looking at sizing clears that up (IMO). If there, it's behind the fence.

Similarly if there is a figure at Arnold, then the size is within error margin it seems, and not in the way? So what's the controversy?"

John, for some people it is difficult to judge distances between objects on a 2D image such as a photograph, and rightfully so when certain information is absent from the equation. But the interesting point about the Badge Man images is that we have someone like Gordon Arnold who had been telling of his experience since day one. Gordon not only got his location correct, but he also got the timing of the shot correct and which ear it passed by. Moorman's photograph confirms what Gordon had been saying when the only way Gordon could have knwn those things would be if he had indeed actually of been there when it all occurred.

The idea of Badge Man being at the wall is nonsense.

Bill

Perhaps this helps.

The fence is approximately 5' high. I took this photo from close to the fence, standing normally, at around 6' for the height of the lens - probably not in the exact badgeman position. If I was to have stood on the back of a car bumper, I think I'd dramatically improve clearing the retaining wall.

Plus it would also depend on where the Lincoln was located at the time of the shot. The white marking on the curb roughly represents the headshot, as indicated in z313. The bushes are much higher than they were in 1963.

- lee

post-675-1141149541_thumb.jpg

So the answer is no, the badge would not be visible, as the White photo seems to make clear.

Badgeman is also hatless. So with no visible badge or hat, there is nothing in particular on which to base the assumption that the figure is that of a policeman. Correct?

1) The alleged Badge Man digitial enhancement at the top of this thread is nothing more than a transparency overlay of Roscoe White over the top of the Badge Man image. It was taken from either an animation I created or one of the stills I posted some time ago. The shoulder of Roscoe White is quite noticeable in the alleged enhancement.

[/quote}

What I find amazingly hypocritical is how you spotted this & twice gave a simple sumation of the image but you avoid at all costs doing the same thing with your Moorman/Betzner overlay.

Look again at the three images side by side.

tin00qe.jpg

This was your last comment on it from the "BDM as Arnold" thread;

anyone could have merely compared my animation to the actual Betzner photograph and seen what I had done and any idiot could have understood why I created such an overlay

As you can see, I did compared the "Betzner" still taken from that infamous two framed GIF of yours & it is obvious to everyone but you, that the still you used to compare it with "Arnold" in Moorman contains elements from both Betzner & Moorman just like the image from Eugene contains elements from both the Roscoe photo & Moorman5.

Are you still seriously claiming that this image below, which I pulled from your GIF, can be compared with what we see in Betzner?

What kind of joke is this?

Alan

So the answer is no, the badge would not be visible, as the White photo seems to make clear.

Badgeman is also hatless. So with no visible badge or hat, there is nothing in particular on which to base the assumption that the figure is that of a policeman. Correct?

Wrong, Ron, on all asumptions.

Jack

Perhaps this helps.

The fence is approximately 5' high. I took this photo from close to the fence, standing normally, at around 6' for the height of the lens - probably not in the exact badgeman position. If I was to have stood on the back of a car bumper, I think I'd dramatically improve clearing the retaining wall.

Plus it would also depend on where the Lincoln was located at the time of the shot. The white marking on the curb roughly represents the headshot, as indicated in z313. The bushes are much higher than they were in 1963.

- lee

Lee,

Regarding your post #40 on this thread, great photo and backround information as to how you took it. The white mark on the curb which the red line leads to and which you say roughly represents the headshot at Z-313 really helps me visualize the "scenario."

Thanks, Thomas :ice

Edited by Thomas Graves

Jack,

Thanks for the photo comparison. But note that the "badge" on Badgeman is lower, relative to the "shoulder patch," than the badge being worn by White. This makes it even less likely that the badge would be visible because of the shooter's arm. If the "badge" is really a badge, then I don't understand where the arm is.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker