The Education Forum

Evidence of a 2nd invasion?

Steve Thomas

David wrote:

Call me crazy, but an even-handed study of the history of these times shows just how brutal the Castro brothers were. Just how many people did the have put up against a wall and shot? That and an appreciation of a lot of anti-Castro Cubans that gave their lives for something that they believed in, many of them acting at the behalf of the US Government.

David is not crazy; he is correct. I think it was Castro's brutal murders of his former opponents that first started to turn Americans against him. In the book "Vendetta" there is an interesting description of the first such murders. I don't have the book with me. I will post it tomorrow.

Despite Castro's brutality and breaking his promise to bring democracy to Cuba, I believe U.S. attempts to murder him were immoral, illegal and ill-advised.

Edited by Tim Gratz

David,

Mr. Triplett. Which one of these persons that you have described made the comment?

Mr. Hall. The man by the name of Jack that owned the trucking company.

and we will have Kennedy’s head blowed off because with Johnson in as President, he is a Texan and Texans take care of Texans.

I went and seen Niko [Crespi] several times and I think on one occasion Dan Smoot, and I seen Robert Morris, and I went to the newspaper place and talked to “Poor Richard” or whatever his pen name was.

Hall. …We had a hell of a deal set up – we were going to take all the, uh, we were going to take Prio Socarres to Guatemala and we were going to invade Cuba from Guatemala into Oriente, set up a 24 hour holding period and ask the United Nations to come in and help us and we were going to do this and Prio Soccares got…Yeah, and do you know what. The dirty lousy son of a bitch wouldn’t do it. Prio Soccares flat turned me down and I had the money, I had the ground and I had everything set up.

Any line on who "Jack" might have been? Sounds like he is a Texan.

Any idea who "Poor Richard" might have been? I wonder if he was one of the people that provided Jack Ruby with an alibi on the morning of the 22nd.

Sounds like Hall knew about the theft of munitions that involved Whitter and Miller

Thanks. I've herad Guatemala turn up a couple of times as the springboard for this invasion.

David,

Any line on who "Jack" might have been? Sounds like he is a Texan.

Any idea who "Poor Richard" might have been? I wonder if he was one of the people that provided Jack Ruby with an alibi on the morning of the 22nd.

Sounds like Hall knew about the theft of munitions that involved Whitter and Miller

Thanks. I've herad Guatemala turn up a couple of times as the springboard for this invasion.

Steve,

I believe this is the "Jack" mentioned. This was first mentioned by Stuart Wexler.

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10028-10184

RECORDS SERIES : FBI CASE FILE

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 62-109060-7680

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI

TO : DIRECTOR

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 03/24/1977

PAGES : 22

DOCUMENT TYPE : REPORT

SUBJECTS : KENNEDY, JOHN; ROSE, J.E.; J.H. ROSE TRUCK LINE;

STEGNER, LOU

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/24/1993

COMMENTS : Box #35. Folder Title: Section 190.

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : FBI

RECORD NUMBER : 124-10163-10429

RECORDS SERIES : DL

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 89-43-10039, 10040

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

TO : SAC, DL

DATE : 03/04/1977

PAGES : 5

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : JFK, RE-INTV, ROSE, J. E. EBB

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/01/1994

COMMENTS : INC INTV

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : FBI

RECORD NUMBER : 124-10073-10117

RECORDS SERIES : HQ

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 62-109060-7249

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

TO : DIRECTOR, FBI

DATE : 09/02/1975

PAGES : 8

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : JFK, INTV, ROSE, J. E., MOORE, MARSHALL RAY

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 03/07/1994

COMMENTS : INC LHM

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10028-10269

RECORDS SERIES : FBI CASE FILE

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 62-109060-7757

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

TO : DIRECTOR, FBI

DATE : 04/28/1977

PAGES : 4

DOCUMENT TYPE : REPORT

SUBJECTS : KENNEDY, JOHN; ROSE, J.E.

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/25/1993

COMMENTS : Box #35. Folder Title: Section 191.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as Hall, I speculate, whatever that's worth, that Hall left the trailer of M-1s that he picked up at Clint Wheat's and subsequently left at Lester Logue's father or father-in-law's house to be converted to full-auto by Mason.

David,

Steve,

I believe this is the "Jack" mentioned. This was first mentioned by Stuart Wexler.

Thank you.

I should have taken notes at the time. One time I was running down names of people the local Dallas FBI office was investigating post-assassination. Most of them seemed to be in conjunction with right-wing causes. It would be interesting to see if any of the names in those documents appear in the lists of people the FBI was looking into.

Steve Thomas

• 7 months later...
Is there any documented evidence or anything in writing that a second invasion of Cuba was being planned for the last week of November, 1963.

Dave Reitzes in the alt.assassination.jfk newsgroup on 12/16/99 that:

"Granted, the La Fontaines certainly THEORIZE otherwise. They note that the

DRE "happens to be the same virulently anti-Castro group known through

recently released FBI and CIA files to have been holding clandestine

meetings in Dallas only weeks before the assassination, seeking to set up

an armed invasion of Cuba in the last week of November 1963," (La

Fontaine, 7) and they speculate that "Oswald talked" at some of these

meetings -- actually addressed the group. (Ibid., 237-80) The Ibid he refers to is the book, "Oswald Taleked."

Let's suppose further that at this gathering Silvia found herself

listening with concern as the conversation took a slightly crazy turn.

President Kennedy was coming to town shortly, and the guys started

dwelling on how he needed to be killed, not only for his string of

"betrayals" beginning with the Bay of Pigs, but to precipitate a US

invasion of Cuba (the assassination would be pinned on Castro's agents). "

>> (Ibid., 261-2)

This reasoning makes a lot of sense to me, if we approach the problem from the perspective of the invasion being of primary importance and Kennedy's assassination being an afterthought., or a provocation. It reminds me of the Northwoods Project.

Steve Thomas

For the benefit of the folks who haven't read my posts on Lancer, let me just throw my two cents' worth in. I believe that the "Second Invasion of Cuba" became a codename for the assassination after March 31, 1963. That was the date that Kennedy put the kabosh on the training camps and officially ended US Government support for the anti-castro groups.

Four days after JFK's announcement, a group of right-wing nuts comprised of businessmen and ex and current military officers, met in New Orleans as the "Congress For Freedom". One of those businessmen was William B. Reilly, who owned the William B. Reilly Coffee Company and was a financial supporter of all kinds of right-wing causes. Among the topics discussed at this two day event were the assassinations of JFK, RFK and Dr. King. The fact that there were active military officers present indicates to me that the assassination of the President was being discussed at military levels.

A week after this meeting, a fake assassination attempt is staged against Gen. Walker. Less than two weeks later, Oswald is off to New Orleans, presumably to gather information on the plot to kill JFK. He gets a job at (of all places) the William B. Reilly Coffee Co. as a mechanic. According to witnesses, he doesn't spend much time there though and instead hangs out at Adrian Alba's garage across the street, where he questions Alba regarding mail-order guns.

To bolster my claim of Oswald being an informant, Alba claimed that he saw Oswald receive an "envelope" from a "Secret Service" man from Washington. Alba further claimed that this man met Oswald twice, my experience telling me that the first meeting was to pass to Oswald pictures of individuals or informaton that they needed, the second meeting was for Oswald to deliver and receive payment for services rendered.

Keep in mind that it is during this time that the training camp at Lake Ponchartrain is operational (in violation of Kennedy's orders), and that a team of shooters is being trained at the CIA facilities in the Florida Keys. The same team that will move into Ponchartrain shortly before Oswald arrives there, as a guest of David Ferrie.

Exactly a week after Oswald's arrival, the FBI raids the camp. Several days later, Oswald is in Carlos Bringuier's store trying to find out where the "kill team" is now training. But Bringuier pegs him as an FBI informant and tells him nothing.

A couple of days later, having been identified as the "rat" on the Ponchartrain camp, Oswald is sent by Bannister to pass out pro-Castro handbills on a New Orleans streetcorner, where he is filmed by a man named John Martin from St. Paul, Minnesota. Martin is a friend of General Walker's.

When an ensuing scuffle breaks out between Oswald and the anti-Castro Cubans, the resulting arrests give General Walker and his co-conspirators the proof they need to connect Oswald to Castro. It comes in the form of official records, an audio radio interview and a video recording.

Oswald has been "sheep-dipped".

Oswald finds out that the "kill team" is no longer in the US, but now training in Mexico. He is advised to stay away from the Cuban Consulate and the Soviet Embassy. He gets a visa that will allow him to go Mexico City.

Mr Jesus: I would be interested in a point by point reference for your factual assertions in the above post (except of course for those we all know e.g. Reilly owned the Reilly Coffee Company and LHO worked there).

Thank you for your post. I have read many of your interesting posts on Lancer.

Guest Stephen Turner
David wrote:

Call me crazy, but an even-handed study of the history of these times shows just how brutal the Castro brothers were. Just how many people did the have put up against a wall and shot? That and an appreciation of a lot of anti-Castro Cubans that gave their lives for something that they believed in, many of them acting at the behalf of the US Government.

David is not crazy; he is correct. I think it was Castro's brutal murders of his former opponents that first started to turn Americans against him. In the book "Vendetta" there is an interesting description of the first such murders. I don't have the book with me. I will post it tomorrow.

Despite Castro's brutality and breaking his promise to bring democracy to Cuba, I believe U.S. attempts to murder him were immoral, illegal and ill-advised.

Well Gents a revolution, like it or not usually involves a tiny bit of violence, the old order does not just lie down and die, but attempts counter revolutionary tactics which will be brutally dealt with by the new regime. in other words, if you take something be prepaired to fight for it. A bit like your treatment of the Native Americans, and ours of any alien culture whose land we decided to steal, sorry "liberate" If we are going to talk about brutal dictators at least lets be even handed.. Steve.

Mr Jesus: I would be interested in a point by point reference for your factual assertions in the above post (except of course for those we all know e.g. Reilly owned the Reilly Coffee Company and LHO worked there).

Thank you for your post. I have read many of your interesting posts on Lancer.

Tim;

Sometimes, what we think we know is not necessarily the complete story.

The Reily-Taylor Company---------------------Incorporated 1907

1919----------------------------------------------Name Change to Wm. B. Reily & Company, Inc.

________________________________________________________________________________

________

1927---------------------------------------------Reily, Inc. (separate Corporation formed)

________________________________________________________________________________

________

1918--------------------------------------------Standard Company formed

1920--------------------------------------------Name Change to Standard Tea & Coffee Company

_________

1935-------------------------------------------Reily, Inc. merged into Standard Coffee Company. Reily, Inc

no longer exists.

_________

1965-------------------------------------Standard Coffee Company, Inc. merged into Wm. B. Reily, & Co.

________

Although LHO initially worked for Standard Coffee Company, and it was in fact owned and managed by the same Reily family, it was a completely separate company/corporation, as it was a former merger of Reily Inc. with Standard Coffee.

Wm. B. Reily & Company was a totally separate corporation, which was a descendent of the Reily-Taylor Company.

Tom

• 1 year later...

Okay, I think I've got my answer - sorta.

I believe that it was called Plan Omega. (Steve Thomas)

Plan Omega gets a mention in this most curious letter below (given the date).

It was penned by Raymond Friesecke and sent to John Connally. Friesecke is a most interesting individual. A Boston College graduate who entered the army in 1961 as a Second Lieutenant and was assigned to Fort Benning. He was granted a secret clearance and then discharged in early 1963.

The FBI were concerned that Friesecke had access to classified government information.

FWIW.

James

Okay, I think I've got my answer - sorta.

I believe that it was called Plan Omega. (Steve Thomas)

Plan Omega gets a mention in this most curious letter below (given the date).

It was penned by Raymond Friesecke and sent to John Connally. Friesecke is a most interesting individual. A Boston College graduate who entered the army in 1961 as a Second Lieutenant and was assigned to Fort Benning. He was granted a secret clearance and then discharged in early 1963.

The FBI were concerned that Friesecke had access to classified government information.

FWIW.

James

Yes but, an important distinction needs to be made here, the letter was to a Lt Col John Connolly, who was an Assistant Chief of Staff for G-4, 2nd Infantry Division, also in Ft. Benning, GA.

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

<span style='color:green'>A lot of people talk about Veciana as head of Alpha-66, but you don't hear much about Menoyo, which is interesting, because if I gather right, he was head of Alpha-66's military wing.</span> (Steve Thomas)

Hi Steve,

As an organization, Alpha 66 was pretty much based in militant ideals and they had many leaders who led insurgent teams into Cuba.

Menoyo was jailed in Cuba in 1965 and spent many years there. He was lucky not to be executed.

This image below is circa 1958 and shows from left to right, Nene Fraicais, Eloy Menoyo (standing), Jose Garcia (seated), Henry Fuerte and William Morgan.

James

I know this is a tangent, but I'm confused about Alpha 66. Sometimes it seems like it was led by the CIA, certainly funded by the CIA--at least partly. Other times it seems like it was independent of the CIA. Can anyone help de-confuse me?

Yes but, an important distinction needs to be made here, the letter was to a Lt Col John Connolly, who was an Assistant Chief of Staff for G-4, 2nd Infantry Division, also in Ft. Benning, GA. (Robert Howard)

Thanks for that, Robert. I should have made that distinction. Rather poor form on my part.

As we speak, I am trying to contact Friesecke as I believe he may have some interesting information. He has yet to reply.

James

Is there any documented evidence or anything in writing that a second invasion of Cuba was being planned for the last week of November, 1963?

Though of circumstantial evidence, I have been struck by the sheer size of the weaponry being assembled in the Spring and summer of 1963. We're not talking small arms here, but bazookas, tons of dynamite, napalm, etc. Sure sounds like more than hit and run raids to me.

SS Rowley Memorandum of 4/24/64 CD 853

1/16/64 Frank Ellsworth was interviewed about Orcarberro.

Ellsworth had been working undercover gathering evidence against John Thomas Masen.

Masen told Ellsworth that Orcarberro had been trying to buy guns and bazookas from Masen.

They had made purchases from him and that they presently have a large cache of arms located somewhere in Dallas, although he did not know the location.

THE JFK ASSASSINATION CHRONOLOGY

Compiled by Ira David Wood III

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v2n1/...20Sanchez%22%22 p. 98

At the same time they are holding public meetings in Dallas, Salvat and another of the DRE leaders from Miami, Joaquin Martinez de Pinillos, meet with de Goicochea, who has enrolled at the University of Dallas, becoming a fellow student of Sarita Odio, Silvia Odio’s younger sister. Salvat and Martinez recruit de Goicochea as the DRE’s Dallas military representative. His task is to acquire heavy arms for the DRE. Before returning to Miami, Martinez introduces de Goicochea (as the organization’s new buyer, “George Perrel”) to Dallas gun dealer John Masen. Masen learns from the DRE exiles that the weapons they will need are for a planned second major invasion of Cuba.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=270466

Some of the material seized at the training camp at Lake Pocharttrain on July 31, 1963 were:

· More than a ton of dynamite

· (20) 100-lb bomb casings

· fuses

· napalm

Steve Thomas

Is there any documented evidence or anything in writing that a second invasion of Cuba was being planned for the last week of November, 1963?

Though of circumstantial evidence, I have been struck by the sheer size of the weaponry being assembled in the Spring and summer of 1963. We're not talking small arms here, but bazookas, tons of dynamite, napalm, etc. Sure sounds like more than hit and run raids to me.

SS Rowley Memorandum of 4/24/64 CD 853

1/16/64 Frank Ellsworth was interviewed about Orcarberro.

Ellsworth had been working undercover gathering evidence against John Thomas Masen.

Masen told Ellsworth that Orcarberro had been trying to buy guns and bazookas from Masen.

They had made purchases from him and that they presently have a large cache of arms located somewhere in Dallas, although he did not know the location.

THE JFK ASSASSINATION CHRONOLOGY

Compiled by Ira David Wood III

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/v2n1/...20Sanchez%22%22 p. 98

At the same time they are holding public meetings in Dallas, Salvat and another of the DRE leaders from Miami, Joaquin Martinez de Pinillos, meet with de Goicochea, who has enrolled at the University of Dallas, becoming a fellow student of Sarita Odio, Silvia Odio’s younger sister. Salvat and Martinez recruit de Goicochea as the DRE’s Dallas military representative. His task is to acquire heavy arms for the DRE. Before returning to Miami, Martinez introduces de Goicochea (as the organization’s new buyer, “George Perrel”) to Dallas gun dealer John Masen. Masen learns from the DRE exiles that the weapons they will need are for a planned second major invasion of Cuba.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=270466

Some of the material seized at the training camp at Lake Pocharttrain on July 31, 1963 were:

· More than a ton of dynamite

· (20) 100-lb bomb casings

· fuses

· napalm

Steve Thomas