The Education Forum

A New Inquiry: What would it take?

In my research I have uncovered that the HSCA medical panel, which largely discredited the work of the autopsy doctors, was itself guilty of mis-representing the medical evidence. It is my hope that through embarrassment and argument an independent panel of doctors will look into the case and determine that the HSCA forensic panel, representing some of the top forensic pathologists in the world, was absolutely wrong on a number of its findings, and that there is clear and uncontrovertible physical evidence indicating there was more than one shooter. It is my hope that at that time the Justice Department will, for the first time, investigate the murder without political interference, so that we may get something closer to the truth.

The problem may very well be that doctors are no more honest and interested in the truth than politicians.

Pat,

I know a lot of people have devoted a lot of time into the medical evidence, none of it can be used in court because of the uncertainty of its origin and the debate over what it says.

The only thing that the medical evidence does say, is that JFK was killed as a result of murder - and that is undisputed, and that's all that a district attorney needs to legally convene a grand jury.

If a grand jury is convened, oneof the first things that they will order is a routine Forensic autopsy of the victim, something that's never been done.

Then all of the medical questions can be addressed directly rather than through pictures and x-rays that have lost their provenance - source and chain of possession.

Photos and x-rays, etc. cannot be introduced as evidence unless accompanied by a witness - who took them. We don't know who took some of the medical photos and x-rays and those technicians who we knew took photos and x-rays sometimes can't identify their work.

A regular autopsy, as performed on JFK, only determines the cause of death - which we knew was a bullet shot to the head - and therefore murder. A Forensic autopsy does not just determine cause of death, but develops different types of evidence that can be used to determine responsibility and be presented as exhibits in a court of law.

In order to establish New - Evidence - phtos/x-rays and other Exhibits and Expert Witnesses (autopsy doctors), which is capable of being introduced as evidence in the court, a new Forensic Autopsy will be ordered.

Rather than a military lab, a new autopsy will be conducted at an independent, civilian lab, such as those at George Washington Univeristy or nearby insitute., with the latest technology available.

The same grand jury could order additional forensic autopies of related victims - Connally, Tippitt, Oswald and Ruby.The families of the victims cannot block a forensic autopys ordered by a court, as it's a matter of police procedure in investigating homicides.

Once a proper forensic autopsy is performed, then the real debates can begin.

BK

This is just food for thought, and I am not implying by any means, that there is no need of new evidence, because there is need of it. But I would make this point.

After the HSCA issued its documentation to the public, it recommended to the Dept. of Justice that it "investigate further," it never did so. That in itself, should say something about what we are dealing with. Ostensibly, the Oliver Stone movie itself, generated enough controversy that the JFK Records Act was passed and with it, the formation of the ARRB which, on the surface appeared to do a commendable job of creating a balance between the government's wishes to "protect sources and methods" of gathering intelligence and releasing the documents in toto. I am one who feels that the ARRB in one particular area, presented once again the dark side of the government's inactions which harken back to the day's of the Warren Commission, in its abyssmal failure to see to it that Michael and Ruth Paine attended the hearings, I have heard the story of how that came to be, and do not buy it; neither the final release of the documents nor the spirit of the JFK Records Act has been adhered to, in a sense it appears to me that the issuance of "Executive Orders" which have spiralled in the last 30 years, have resulted in allowing President's to seal the records of their administration, without any type of oversight. To say that is not a hallmark of a Democratic Society, would be an embarassing understatement. It can be argued that these sealed records in themselves could be a "grey area," which could be used to take de-classified documents of the Kennedy Assassination and place them in "another sealed vault" never to be opened again. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be anyone in Washington D.C. with the intestinal fortitude to even concieve of this, let alone to address it in Congress.

The bottom line is that, while all that may be true a causus belli is needed, which precludes the possibility of a "political or partisan investigation," evidence is needed, and evidence is there it just needs to be solidified into a coherent and persuasive manner.

Edited by Robert Howard

• 2 years later...

good good, I have three weeks off from college coming up so I wil get pen to paper and see what I come up with, read a pubric relations manual or two.

john

It's been over a year and a half John Geraghty posted that. I wonder if he's learned anything about PR and American justice while in DC.

It's been longer since Greg Parker started this thread and wrote: "...In my opinion, we need to forget about putting plot scenarios together for now...and owrk out how to get this case treated like any other unsolved murder - and looked at that way by the press and general public."

It's still an acomplishable goal if the effort is seriously applied.

BK

Bill, at the time I wrote the above, I was aware of your work with COPA, but thought personal circumstances had led you away from the case, and the effort would have to start again from scratch.

I think part of the answer is in getting professionals in relevant fields such as forensics to study the areas within their expertise, and to present their findings. I think it would be especially beneficial to credbility that such professionals are new to the case and can be seen to have no axe to grind, no agenda to follow.

But more than that is needed. Erich Fromm concluded from his Institute of Social Research study in 1931 that German workers were overwhelmingly against Hitler, but that this would not translate into his being removed from power. In fact, he correctly predicted the small percentage who would actively resist, those who would become active members of the Nazi Party, and the majority who would merely accept their rule without active involvement for or against.

Why I mention this is because it reminds me of the oft-quoted high percentage of people who believe a conspiracy was behind the assassination. It's virtually meaningless. The problem is the same as in Fromm's study - the low percentage who turn that belief into action and the vast majority who meekly accept they've been lied to.

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to completely turn those numbers around, but certainly getting more people actively interested at a grass roots level in something like your march toward a Grand Jury would be of great value. Politicians notice such things.

Another thread revived.

BK

good good, I have three weeks off from college coming up so I wil get pen to paper and see what I come up with, read a pubric relations manual or two.

john

It's been over a year and a half John Geraghty posted that. I wonder if he's learned anything about PR and American justice while in DC.

It's been longer since Greg Parker started this thread and wrote: "...In my opinion, we need to forget about putting plot scenarios together for now...and owrk out how to get this case treated like any other unsolved murder - and looked at that way by the press and general public."

It's still an acomplishable goal if the effort is seriously applied.

BK

Bill, at the time I wrote the above, I was aware of your work with COPA, but thought personal circumstances had led you away from the case, and the effort would have to start again from scratch.

I think part of the answer is in getting professionals in relevant fields such as forensics to study the areas within their expertise, and to present their findings. I think it would be especially beneficial to credbility that such professionals are new to the case and can be seen to have no axe to grind, no agenda to follow.

But more than that is needed. Erich Fromm concluded from his Institute of Social Research study in 1931 that German workers were overwhelmingly against Hitler, but that this would not translate into his being removed from power. In fact, he correctly predicted the small percentage who would actively resist, those who would become active members of the Nazi Party, and the majority who would merely accept their rule without active involvement for or against.

Why I mention this is because it reminds me of the oft-quoted high percentage of people who believe a conspiracy was behind the assassination. It's virtually meaningless. The problem is the same as in Fromm's study - the low percentage who turn that belief into action and the vast majority who meekly accept they've been lied to.

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to completely turn those numbers around, but certainly getting more people actively interested at a grass roots level in something like your march toward a Grand Jury would be of great value. Politicians notice such things.

Another thread revived.

BK

People notice such things too.

There must be a vanguard.

The Wobblies tried to unionise a factory and were driven into the street with very very few signing up under threat of being sacked.

The day after a court ruled this unlawful the line stretched around the corner.