The Education Forum

new online lessons

Dan Lyndon

I have started to put some of my lessons online and though that I would ask for a bit of feedback on the content, presentation etc. I realise that the quality of the questions are not brilliant (basically comprehension), but I will get round to more complex stuff soon. I also know that I can use hot potatoes etc to make it more interactive but again this will take a bit of time in the not too distant future.

Who were the suffragettes

Inside a peasant's house

I have started to put some of my lessons online and though that I would ask for a bit of feedback on the content, presentation etc. I realise that the quality of the questions are not brilliant (basically comprehension), but I will get round to more complex stuff soon. I also know that I can use hot potatoes etc to make it more interactive but again this will take a bit of time in the not too distant future.

Who were the suffragettes

Inside a peasant's house

These are grand Dan. I will watch future developments with interest.

You will find Hot Spuds extremely easy to use and if you haven't purchased Content Generator yet then you really ought to.

I have found a simple interactive exercise can act as a starter for a more complex online investigation. Here is an example which makes use of the Learning Curve material for the body of the lesson.

All the activities you have on the pages highlighted could be turned into interactive self marking ones.

I guess you are using Dreamweaver?

When you save Hot Spuds files you save them in 2 formats - editing and html.

What I tend to do is upload the html file of whatever I have created, publish it, then link to it. Editing the navigation buttons in Hot Spuds sensibly means that you can fit a lesson together quite well using this method.

I am not sure whether you can embed the javascript of Hot Potatoes into a Dreaweaver template as I don't use Dreamweaver (I can in the software I use) ..... but I am sure it is worth a try <_<

I do indeed use dreamweaver and have now played around enough to be able to link to the material that I have produced. Thanks for the support though.

I also followed up your suggestion and bought Andrew Field's contentgenerator bundle. Good isn't it!

Thanks Andy, I have had a quick go at converting one of the suffragette questions into a hot potatoes quiz, but am not sure if it is how it is meant to be. Also how do I paste it into the current page rather than having to link to it?

http://www.comptonhistory.com/year9/whower...uffragettes.htm

Looks good Dan

But you will need to edit the navigation buttons of the Hot Potatoes files before you upload them. You can also change the appearance of the page (colours etc.) using the same button

You need to find the button in the toobar which looks a bit like a tag and click on it (fourth one from the right in the image below).

hotpot2.gif