The Education Forum

Most Popular JFK Books

In his letter to the New Leader Buchanan claimed that Leo Sauvage was not the author of the anti-Buchanan article in a previous edition of that same journal. However a review of Chapter 18 of the Oswald Affair (Cleveland 1966), which deals with Buchanan, shows so many similarities of style and content to Sauvage's New Leader article that I personally have no doubt that Buchanan was mistaken (wishful thinking on his part,perhaps?).

No, this wasn't about wishful thinking, it was humor that apparently not every reader understood. I've clarified in the thread about my father and also on his website in a blog post titled "The non-existence of K.O. Sauvage."

I think it would be interesting to compile a list of the hardback and paperback sales of the most popular books on the assassination. Obviously limited to the most popular since I know there are thousands. Anyone know an easy way to compile this information?

Tim and all,

Please vote for your favorite book on the Assassination of JFK at my website's home page: Best JFK Assassination Book Poll

Scroll down a little and you'll find it on the right side bar.

Well, they all went down with the ship, thanks to the ole LBJ cronies.:)

MOST POPULAR ASSASSINATION BOOKS (not the best, content wise...just sales-wise; in no particular order):

High Treason by Harrison Edward Livingstone- Harry's book was TWICE a NY Times best-seller: 1989 and, thanks to the Stone movie and paperback reissue, 1991/1992

Best Evidence by David Lifton- NY Times best-seller in multiple editions and printings

Rush To Judgment by Mark Lane

Crossfire by Jim Marrs

Case Closed by Gerald Posner (although some dispute how many people really read the book- I have heard it SHIPPED as a best-seller due to advance sales/ bookstore orders)

Hit List by David Wayne and Richard Belzer

The Man Who Killed Kennedy by Roger Stone

Dead Wrong by David Wayne and Richard Belzer

Brothers by David Talbot

Cause of Death by Dr. Cyril Wecht

High Treason 2 by Harrison Edward Livingstone

The Death of a President by William Manchester

The Day Kennedy Was Shot by Jim Bishop

On The Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison

I think it would be interesting to compile a list of the hardback and paperback sales of the most popular books on the assassination. Obviously limited to the most popular since I know there are thousands. Anyone know an easy way to compile this information?

Tim and all,

Please vote for your favorite book on the Assassination of JFK at my website's home page: Best JFK Assassination Book Poll

Greg, what is the purpose of my voting for one from your list of 10 books if my favorite is not on your list of 10? My vote gets relegated to "others" and therefore the input is irrelevant. I don't like putting square pegs into round holes.

Tim and all,

Greg, what is the purpose of my voting for one from your list of 10 books if my favorite is not on your list of 10? My vote gets relegated to "others" and therefore the input is irrelevant. I don't like putting square pegs into round holes.

Ok.