The Education Forum

Silver Hardhat

I wanted to ask of any of the regulars who are interested in the photographic record of the assassination; actually it's a question in response to a comment made by one of them regarding a person photographed just before the kill shot(s). It is as follows: A comment was made that just as JFK is passing, a man in a silver (construction type) hardhat assumes a "bizarre" pose. Could this pose actually be a mimicking of JFK's hand position (hands to throat), and could he be trying to alert the SS agents in the F/U car as it passes, possibly also vocally communicating? There is another photograph (I'm sorry, I don't remember the photographer's name) wherein one standing SS agent seems to be looking in the man's direction.

I wanted to ask of any of the regulars who are interested in the photographic record of the assassination; actually it's a question in response to a comment made by one of them regarding a person photographed just before the kill shot(s). It is as follows: A comment was made that just as JFK is passing, a man in a silver (construction type) hardhat assumes a "bizarre" pose. Could this pose actually be a mimicking of JFK's hand position (hands to throat), and could he be trying to alert the SS agents in the F/U car as it passes, possibly also vocally communicating? There is another photograph (I'm sorry, I don't remember the photographer's name) wherein one standing SS agent seems to be looking in the man's direction.

Robert.

I beleive it is this willis photo to which you were reffering, the man is standing to the far right of the image.

It looks to me as though he may have been startled by a gunshot.

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri2/5700.jpg

Here he is again:

z130.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robert,

A comment was made that just as JFK is passing, a man in a silver (construction type) hardhat assumes a "bizarre" pose.

I believe that this man is A.J. Millican.

If you look at the Willis photo Robin pointed out and compare Millican's affidavit here:

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/millican.htm

I'm pretty sure it's him.

Steve Thomas

Robert,

A comment was made that just as JFK is passing, a man in a silver (construction type) hardhat assumes a "bizarre" pose.

I believe that this man is A.J. Millican.

If you look at the Willis photo Robin pointed out and compare Millican's affidavit here:

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/millican.htm

I'm pretty sure it's him.

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve.

I was racking my brains trying to think of that guys name. :)

The man in the hard hat looking up at the building is Howard Brennan. The "detectives" with him are some of the lookalikes and Denim Man from Main and Houston.

Ron

The man in the hard hat looking up at the building is Howard Brennan. The "detectives" with him are some of the lookalikes and Denim Man from Main and Houston.

Ron

Hi Ron.

Yeh i wasn't sure if that WAS Brennan or not, for some reason he looked a bit slimmer than i pictured Brennan to be.

And what are the chances that someone would take a photo just as brennan is looking up to identify a shooter. :)

Ron

Hi Ron,

I remember that we discussed Denim Man on Lancer some time back. Since then, I have worked with a source (ex Alpha 66) that suggested Denim Man was a member of Tony Cuesta's Commandos L. I don't have a name for him yet but I put together this comparison below.

In the photo on the top right, that is Bernardo De Torres with his hands on his hips and Cuesta handling the ropes.

I can tell you definitely that the man on the boat and the man posing with Andrew St. George is one in the same. Whether or not it is the same guy in Dealey Plaza, that I can't be sure of.

James

Robert, and everyone,

I won't go into how I came about knowing the following info, except to say that although bizarre sounding, the circumstances surrounding how it was recounted make it at least appear plausible. FWIW :

Apparently, the A.J. Millican seen in the photos was originally a shady horsedealer/trainer from Ireland. Prior to the assassination he was involved in transporting horses between Ireland/England and the US.He was known to locals as a crook. At the time of the assassination, he was employed

in a field that he had no business being in since he had no previous experience doing that. ( His affidavit states he was a pipe fitter of sorts ). During a dinner party/booze-up back in Ireland just before the assassination, his wife was said to have implied his involvement in a plot by " Big Oil " against JFK. Millican was said to have been very upset by his wife's indiscretion, whereupon he attempted to explain it away, suggesting that oil interests were just upset with Kennedy. Those who attended the dinner party were dumbfounded when a few weeks later JFK was assassinated.

Comments, anyone ?

Ian

P.S. For something to do, I did a property search on 2650 Valley View Lane, the address Millican gave in his affidavit . The property is listed as office condominiums, and is zoned Office ,having been built in the early 1980s. Perhaps there was a home(s) at this location prior to that ?

Edited by Ian A. Kerr

Robert, and everyone,

I won't go into how I came about knowing the following info, except to say that although bizarre sounding, the circumstances surrounding how it was recounted make it at least appear plausible. FWIW :

Apparently, the A.J. Millican seen in the photos was originally a shady horsedealer/trainer from Ireland. Prior to the assassination he was involved in transporting horses between Ireland/England and the US.He was known to locals as a crook. At the time of the assassination, he was employed

in a field that he had no business being in since he had no previous experience doing that. ( His affidavit states he was a pipe fitter of sorts ). During a dinner party/booze-up back in Ireland just before the assassination, his wife was said to have implied his involvement in a plot by " Big Oil " against JFK. Millican was said to have been very upset by his wife's indiscretion, whereupon he attempted to explain it away, suggesting that oil interests were just upset with Kennedy. Those who attended the dinner party were dumbfounded when a few weeks later JFK was assassinated.

Comments, anyone ?

Ian

P.S. For something to do, I did a property search on 2650 Valley View Lane, the address Millican gave in his affidavit . The property is listed as office condominiums, and is zoned Office ,having been built in the early 1980s. Perhaps there was a home(s) at this location prior to that ?

In this testimony when Millican talks about a truck from honest joe's pawn shop parking by the TSBD "store"

Is he reffering to the dock at the rear of the TSBD.?

Or is he simply reffering to the TSBD building

QUOTE:

A.J. Millican

2650 Valley View Lane

Dallas 34, Texas

Chapel 7-4953

Works for Sam P. Wallace and Claude Beard Plumbing Company

Fabricating pipe for the Republic Bank Building at the end of the Katy Railroad yards and the west end of Pacific Street I was standing on the North side of Elm Street, about half way between Houston and the Underpass. About five or ten minutes before the President came by I observed a truck from Honest Joe's Pawn Shop, and parked by the Book Depository Store. Then drove off about five or ten minutes before the Presiden't car came.

Edited by Robin Unger

Ian,

If Millican was involved in the assassination, why would he state that he heard 7 shots, meaning obviously a conspiracy?

His work supervisor Sandy Speaker said that Millican served in the Pacific fleet (Crossfire, p. 319), which doesn't sound likely if Millican was a crook from Ireland. Of course Speaker could also have been involved in the plot, but Speaker said he heard at least 5 shots himself.

Can you give us some details as to your source of information on Millican? He is a significant witness for conspiracy, considering the number of shots he heard plus Speaker's claim that Millican received a terrifying phone call threatening him, his wife, and her sister, and telling him to warn Speaker to keep his mouth shut. It is important to know if Millican's (and Speaker's) credibility should be questioned.

Ron

Ian,

If Millican was involved in the assassination, why would he state that he heard 7 shots, meaning obviously a conspiracy?

His work supervisor Sandy Speaker said that Millican served in the Pacific fleet  (Crossfire, p. 319),  which doesn't sound likely if Millican was a crook from Ireland. Of course Speaker could also have been involved in the plot, but Speaker said he heard at least 5 shots himself.

Can you give us some details as to your source of information on Millican? He is a significant witness for conspiracy, considering the number of shots he heard plus Speaker's claim that Millican received a terrifying phone call threatening him, his wife, and her sister, and telling him to warn Speaker to keep his mouth shut. It is important to know if Millican's (and Speaker's) credibility should be questioned.

Ron

Ron,

The info came by way of my wife. She vacationed in Ireland last year and was befriended by a woman who told her this, in confidence The woman claimed that Millican was well known there and was from the general vicinity of that town in Ireland. The story was related by the woman, in a totally unsolicitated way - my wife is not interested in the assassination in any way ( a gross understatement ), nor did the woman know that I am. They were discussing connections between N.America and the Old World ... and the horse business. The story teller was severely admonished by other locals in attendance as they claimed to fear any potential involvement.

My wife told me this when she came home from vacation but didn't give me a name ( she'd written it down , but misplaced it ), I didn't ask for specifics at that time, thinking it was simply some blarney - I soon forgot about it.

This morning, I was reading the post about the silver hat and asked her if she now remembered the name she had written down. She remembered it as Millican, saying she vaguely remembered that his first name might have been Alex or Alec. I didn't get the chance to get further info as we were both " out the door " for work - I'll get more specifics tonight eg. ) name of the town .

I know my wife knows the name ( and other details ) of the woman that told her this, but prefers not to say ( the woman asked her not to ).

We're in the horse business and that part of my wife's vacation was spent at an Irish Horse Farm / Bed and Breakfast. The common connection to all of this was the horse business.

I have no way of testing the veracity of this story except by doing some research on it myself and perhaps in recounting it here, some others will be interested enough to check it out. To the best of my knowledge, my wife isn't a xxxx ( grin ) - unfortunately, I can't vouch for anyone else's credibility. FWIW, it is my wife's sense that the woman wasn't making this up.

Ian