The Education Forum

Phil Graham and the Department of Justice

Philip Elman?

KATZENJAMMER?

Katzenbach came back to be Attorney General under NIXON and was approached at BURNING TREE COUNTRY CLUB by the breathless G GORDON LIDDY the weekend of the WATERGATE BURGLARY, Katzenbach knew everything and should have blown the whistle a million times.

{or was that Kleindienst? I get Karamessines, Kleindienst and Katzenbach mixed up}

It was Kleindienst.

In addition to the names mentioned by me in my earlier posts, the only other assistant attorney general, under RFK, I could find was Burke Marshall, b. 1922. (Antti Hynonen)

Antti,

If I remember correctly, Marshall was AAG for the Civil Rights aspect of the Attorney General's office.  He also had something to do with the restricting of the autopsy photos.

Maybe another forum member might have some more on this.

Burke Marshall below.

James

Until recently, Burke Marshall was the Kennedy family attorney responsible for approving or dis-approving requests to see the autopsy material. As per the Kennedy family's wishes, he limited access to government commissions and respected doctors. I'm not aware of abuse on his part. He allowed the HSCA to release the drawings and close-ups of the photos, and gave access to a number of professed doubters of the Warren Report, including Cyril Wecht.

Pat Speer Posted Today, 12:58 PM

QUOTE(James Richards @ Mar 11 2005, 10:58 AM)

In addition to the names mentioned by me in my earlier posts, the only other assistant attorney general, under RFK, I could find was Burke Marshall, b. 1922. (Antti Hynonen)

Antti,

If I remember correctly, Marshall was AAG for the Civil Rights aspect of the Attorney General's office.  He also had something to do with the restricting of the autopsy photos.

Burke Marshall below.

James

Until recently, Burke Marshall was the Kennedy family attorney responsible for approving or dis-approving requests to see the autopsy material. As per the Kennedy family's wishes, he limited access to government commissions and respected doctors. I'm not aware of abuse on his part. He allowed the HSCA to release the drawings and close-ups of the photos, and gave access to a number of professed doubters of the Warren Report, including Cyril Wecht.

Pat,

Thanks for clarifying who B. Marshall was in relation to the assassination material.

On another note, the Rydberg drawings are of minimal value to researchers due to the fact that they were drawn based on oral testimony of autopsists, who seemed to be covering up the true occipital parietal head-wound as well as the location of the neck wound, which was actually a back wound, based on photo evidence.

Also the photo taken of President Kennedy's back and head, seems to be in direct conflict with what the Parkland medical staff recalled in their statements.

I believe if the Kennedy family members knew what most JFK assassination researchers know now, and if they were not under political pressure to not require a new inquiry, they would have released all evidence for the use researchers some time ago.

Like you say B. Marshall is just doing what he's been asked to do.

Robert Kennedy has a lot to say about Burke Marshall in a private interview he gave to John Bartlow Martin on 29th February, 1964. He brought in Marshall to replace Harris Wofford as head of the Civil Rights Division. He reason given by RFK was that Wofford was “so committed on civil rights emotionally”. In other words, Wofford was keen to get civil rights legislation through Congress. RFK’s problem was that he had made promises to the Southern Caucus of the Democratic Party in order to get their support for the 1960 campaign. Marshall was according to JFK a “tough lawyer” who would give you advice on what you wanted to hear. It is probably the reason why JFK refused to take Philip Elman who, like Wofford, was “emotionally” committed to civil rights legislation.

Anyone who still holds the view that the Kennedys were serious about the civil rights issues I would suggest you read “Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words” (1988). Another book well worth reading on this subject is Harris Wofford’s "Of Kennedys and Kings" (1980).

Anyone who still holds the view that the Kennedys were serious about the civil rights issues I would suggest you read “Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words” (1988). Another book well worth reading on this subject is Harris Wofford’s "Of Kennedys and Kings" (1980).

I believe the Kennedys were completely serious about civil rights. They were, however, realists, and were determined not to let their commitment to civil rights destroy Jack's chances at re-election. Bill Clinton had much the same attitude to health care reform and gay rights. Towards the end of his life Robert Kennedy became great friends with Mexican-American labor leader Cesar Chavez, and it was only then he gained the level of conviction where he could sacrifice his career for a principle.

Towards the end of his life Robert Kennedy became great friends with Mexican-American labor leader Cesar Chavez, and it was only then he gained the level of conviction where he could sacrifice his career for a principle.

Agreed. The Robert Kennedy of 1967-68 was very different from the politician of the early 1960s.