The Education Forum

A Sixth Floor Shooter per Hemming

Oswalds hand gun came from "Seaport traders" in Los Angeles.

According to Armstrong in Harvey and Lee (pp. 481-484), there is no documentation that anyone was notified of the pistol's arrival at the REA office in Dallas (it could not be shipped via REA to a PO box), no signed receipt for the pistol, no receipt for COD charges, and no documentation that anyone paid the balance due on the pistol to REA or that REA remitted same to Seaport Traders. In short, the only time the pistol was known to be in Oswald's possession was when he was arrested at the Texas Theater.

Armstrong also says that Smith & Wesson .38 pistols sold to the public by Seaport Traders were first re-chambered to a .38 special. They could then fire regular .38 ammunition or both the longer and smaller diameter .38 Special cartridge.

There is also no explanation of why the Hidell order was filled by substituting the more expensive $39.95 ".38 S.&W. Spec." for the $29.95 model ordered.

Also, Texas law in 1963 required that anyone desiring to purchase a handgun first had to obtain a "certificate of good character" from a justice of the peace, county judge, or district judge. Seaport Traders should not have shipped a pistol to A.J. Hidell or anyone in Texas without receiving this certificate.

BTW I'm amazed that this type of "gun control" legislation existed in Texas or any other state in 1963. I thought anyone in those days could walk into a store and buy a handgun. That's why they were called "Saturday night specials."

Ron

I'm putting this thread back on top for two reasons:

1) It's a fascinating thread

2) In memory of GPH......

FWIW, Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my research on Guatemala, I don't remember reading anything about Droller's role. I do remember reading about Henry Heckscher, a CIA agent from the Berlin station, who went undercover in Guatemala posing as a German businessman, and convinced members of Arbenz's military to defect. Heckscher went on to head the station in Laos and then Chile during the overthrow of Allende. The argument could be made then that he was an expert in volatile situations.

Henry Heckscher is indeed someone who needs to be looked at (he was also involved in the setting up of Operation 40). I believe Larry Hancock is going to take a look at Heckscher in the second edition of Someone Would Have Talked.

I'm putting this thread back on top for two reasons:

1) It's a fascinating thread

2) In memory of GPH......

I hope you don't mean he has died. Gerry left after refusing to answer direct questions about his knowledge of the assassination.

If he is still lurking I would like to ask him why he did not sue Mark Lane for publishing Marita Lorenz's testimony in Plausible Denial.

Interesting that the man who used to type such LONG posts (GPH) decided to stop posting just when John

asked him some rather to the point questions.

Wonder why he is not answering. Guess he wishes his role in history to remain as it is: unreliable, questionable.

Dawn

And on a DIFFERNT NOTE:

"I take a holy vow to never kill again, try to remember peace."

Neil Young, Living With War.

Check it out. It's online (I got it from Wim's site, Bob posted it).

Best album I have heard in years.

LISTEN TO IT.

I, too hope that Mr. Hemming has not passed. He mentioned in one post that he was in a wheelchair and using oxygen. It was apparent that he was very frustrated with what he had become after having been who he was. (Special ops., soldier of fortune, etc.) Has anyone on the forum been corresponding with him via e-mail? When I first started reading this particular thread of Tim's, I felt that might be the case. I certainly hope that we can find out if he is still with the living. I will be the first to say that his life must have been as fascinating as any hollywood movie could have made it. I remember him saying that he did not know who killed JFK, but I feel that he knew much more than he was saying.

Terry

I, too hope that Mr. Hemming has not passed. He mentioned in one post that he was in a wheelchair and using oxygen. It was apparent that he was very frustrated with what he had become after having been who he was. (Special ops., soldier of fortune, etc.) Has anyone on the forum been corresponding with him via e-mail? When I first started reading this particular thread of Tim's, I felt that might be the case. I certainly hope that we can find out if he is still with the living. I will be the first to say that his life must have been as fascinating as any hollywood movie could have made it. I remember him saying that he did not know who killed JFK, but I feel that he knew much more than he was saying.

Terry

I got an email from GPH on Saturday, one of the funny ones he likes to pass on:

Subject: California -- 156 years ago !!

Do you know what happened this week back in 1850, in California?

California became a state.

The State had no electricity.

The State had no money.

Almost everyone spoke Spanish.

There were gun fights in the streets.

So basically, it was just like California today except the women had real breasts and men didn't hold hands

Albeit a year after the initial post, I'm intrigued by the following:

"GPH states this German-speaking sixth floor shooter was using a broom-handled mauser with a long-barrel, a telescopic sight and a silencer."

If memory serves, the initial description of the weapon found on the 6th floor was "a mauser." Now whether that ccurately describes a "broom-handled" mauser, I simply don't know.

The broader point is that the immediate aftermath of the killing -- and I mean "immediate" -- is a good place to start discerning what actually happened. How witnesses voted with their feet -- ducking, running toward the knoll. What motorcade participants such as David Powers observed: hearing and seeing a shot from the front, feeling as if he were riding into an ambush. What the doctors at Parkland said about the head wounds. BEFORE FBI gumshoes and WC suits got involved.

If you ever have occasion to watch old footage of the afternoon of 11/22, don't pass. It's fascinating.

Terry

"Knowing" things and having the proof necessary to convince others is two entirely separate aspects.

Personally, I have no doubt that Mr. Hemming now has a much better grasp as to WHO? was actually behind the actions of the assassination.

Mr. Hemming personally "lived" much of this, and although he would not have, at the time of the event, fully understood all that was transpiring, now, there can be little doubt that he is much more fully aware of what part he as well as the others were playing in this entire scenario.

It is my personal opinion that he may "hold" the keys necessary to now place much of this into it's proper perspective.

Tom

P.S. Since I received email from him today, I must assume that he is still living.

I cannot believe connally was shot on purpose. I find no reason to do so. Connally wasn't gonna pull us out of NAM, blow up the CIA, take us back to the gold standard, recind the oil depletion allowance,.................. ect.............................................................................

.................................................................................

......................neither was James Taegue.

They kept everybody else in the world quiet . Why would they think they couldn't silence a third rate governor from Texas.

In fact, they did .

Soon after the shooting he said he disagreed with the sequense of the shot that hit him, but not with the majic bullet theory.

Jim Feemster

Midlothian, Tx/

Well, Mr. Hemming, I am certainly glad to hear that you are still with us. I am sure that you are reading this as jfk research is one of the "good" habits that we just can't put down, lol. So, please come back and correspond with us again. You are missed.

Terry

Edited by Terry Adams

I remember him saying that he did not know who killed JFK, but I feel that he knew much more than he was saying.

Terry

"Knowing" things and having the proof necessary to convince others is two entirely separate aspects.

Personally, I have no doubt that Mr. Hemming now has a much better grasp as to WHO? was actually behind the actions of the assassination.

Mr. Hemming personally "lived" much of this, and although he would not have, at the time of the event, fully understood all that was transpiring, now, there can be little doubt that he is much more fully aware of what part he as well as the others were playing in this entire scenario.

It is my personal opinion that he may "hold" the keys necessary to now place much of this into it's proper perspective.

Tom

P.S. Since I received email from him today, I must assume that he is still living.

I, too, receive the occasional email from Mr. Hemming. I think he's a valuable resource, in the same way that Mr. Purvis deduces Hemming's level of knowledge about the assassination. Hemming's sixth-floor shooter at the west window with the Mauser would in no way take anything away from Purvis' theory about the shots and their timing. But when you add in the "find" of the Mauser, as it was reported on November 22, 1963, claim of a conspiracy and the claim of all shots coming from the TSBD are rendered NOT mutually exclusive. [sTILL trying to figure how no stripper clip for the MC was found, since the MC won't operate without it...]

I think the proper way to express this is that Gerry REALIZES things now, the meaning of which weren't perfectly clear at the time they occurred...if I understand his position correctly. Far be it from me to attempt to put words into his mouth; this is just how I perceive his position. A lot of stuff went down in Dealy Plaza, and Hemming knows a lot of details about such things as "the football" that most didn't before he came here. Maybe he doesn't know the entire playbook, but I'll give him credit for knowing the players without looking at a program.

What is the deal with the stripper clip?

This is the first I've heard that the Mannlicher Carcano

was incomplete or inoperable ......

What is the deal with the stripper clip?

This is the first I've heard that the Mannlicher Carcano

was incomplete or inoperable ......

Try this link for an explanation of terms:

nomenclature

Without a magazine/clip, it is impossible to load and fire the MC within any kind of reasonable timeframe, as one would need to manually chamber each cartridge...that is, open the bolt, insert cartridge manually into the bolt, and then close the bolt....THEN reacquire the target and fire.

There is NO inventory anywhere that mentions a clip of ANY kind being found, either with the MC or with the spent cartridges, as far as I've seen.

Welcome back, Shanet...I've been away for a few months myself.

Edited by Mark Knight

Oh, I see--

without a magazine or clip "Oswald" was supposedly

limited to hand chambering, a slow and laborious process...........