The Education Forum

The Letter

What do you make of this letter which was witten by Harry Mckormack of the Dallas Morning News.

Regarding a letter which was sent to Connally on the 12/8/63 by a man named "Edward.f.Bray" pre-warning that there would be an assassination attempt made in dallas.

I looks as though bray has taken the letter from the news which was sent to him, then he has written across it and then returned it .

I seem to recall this story from some where, something to do with the sinking of a submarine, and the cover up which followed. ?

letter.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin,

Regarding  a letter which was sent to Connally on the 12/8/63 by a man named "Edward.f.Bray" pre-warning that there would be an assassination attempt made in dallas.

I seem to recall this story from some where, something  to do with the sinking of a submarine, and the cover up which followed. ?

Bray said he sent his letter to Governor Connolly on August 12th - three months before JFK's murder.

The issue references "Justice for the Crew of the Thresher"

As you said, the Thresher was a submarine. Ironically, it went down on April 10th - the same day someone allegedly took a potshot at General Walker.

If you go to the Dallas Police Archives and check the index, there are several references to Bray, the Thresher, and Justice for the Crew.

Steve Thomas

Robin,

Regarding  a letter which was sent to Connally on the 12/8/63 by a man named "Edward.f.Bray" pre-warning that there would be an assassination attempt made in dallas.

I seem to recall this story from some where, something  to do with the sinking of a submarine, and the cover up which followed. ?

Bray said he sent his letter to Governor Connolly on August 12th - three months before JFK's murder.

The issue references "Justice for the Crew of the Thresher"

As you said, the Thresher was a submarine. Ironically, it went down on April 10th - the same day someone allegedly took a potshot at General Walker.

If you go to the Dallas Police Archives and check the index, there are several references to Bray, the Thresher, and Justice for the Crew.

Steve Thomas

Thanks Steve.

I didn't know that the sub went down the same day as the Walker incident.

Very interesting.

I take it this guys claims of movie footage of a re-enactement came to a dead end, i must say the scenario of using a target towed along a dam as a dry run is intruiging.

I have been trying to access the DPD archives for a week, the site seems to be down, unless the website address has changed.

Phenomenal Robin.

This helps to confirm everything that I have been saying in regards to the assassination having been filmed from multiple vantage points.

Fantastic.

I have to think about this, because there's some other info I have which seems connected.

- lee

What do you make of this  letter which was witten by Harry Mckormack of the Dallas Morning News.

I looks as though bray has taken the letter  from the news which was sent to him, then he has written across it and then returned it .

letter.jpg

Robin,

Forgive me if this appears elsewhere but is the group that is referred to in the letter JFO 77 , or what ?

Ian

What do you make of this  letter which was witten by Harry Mckormack of the Dallas Morning News.

I looks as though bray has taken the letter  from the news which was sent to him, then he has written across it and then returned it .

Robin,

Forgive me if this appears elsewhere but is the group that is referred to in the letter JFO 77 , or what ?

Ian

Hi Ian.

Yeh i must say that document is a little hard to read.

I found another thread on this forum by "Wade Rhodes" which reffers to this matter.

QUOTE:

(JFCOTT) stands for Justice For the Crew of the Thresher

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/lofivers....php/t3219.html

Edited by Robin Unger

QUOTE:

Strange court correspondence. The only Edward F. Bray I found was an officer in the CCIA, the Connecticut Contractors Industrial Association. The man Bray claimed to have film of the assassination taken from the TSBD and a film of a practice ambush staged at Denison Dam, Wyoming.

Anyone else heard of this anomalous film, or films? He claims to have offered it to LIFE magazine, and that is stimulated an ONI investigation. Bray also claims to have warned Connally in a letter in August of 1963. Strange....

[the court documents refer to CIVIL ACTION 27451, 7th District Court Wyoming, 1965 "Bendix Corporation vs. Bray"]

Addition to post:

Larry Hancock was right. I googled BENDIX BRAY and found this in FAIRPLAY online magazine.

Excerpt of long article [red text copyright Richard Bartholomew 1994] :

Bill Kelly made a fascinating connection regarding the June 7, 1963 Life magazine (see my appendix). I looked through it in vain for anything as obviously JFK connected as in the Esquires. Bill called on May 14, 1994 and said it is obvious if you are familiar with a little-known story among the Kennedy assassination lore. In the magazine is a small story about dredging the underwater debris field of a nuclear sub that sank the previous April, the Thresher.

As I have recently learned, only a handful of researchers -- Bill Turner, Kenneth Formet and Larry Haapanen among them -- know anything about this aspect of the assassination. According to Kelly and Haapanen, no one has ever published a word about it; a fact that is most intriguing with regard to Wing's back seat magazines. It is the Bray-Thresher story. I first read about it in Bill Kelly's excellent unpublished manuscript.

In brief, Edward F. Bray sent Governor Connally a warning letter on August 12, 1963. It said that, "a plot is underway to assassinate you." Bray, who worked for the Bendix Corporation, claimed he had been visited by some men who said they were investigating the sinking of the Thresher. They said they were members of an organization known as Justice for the Crew of the Thresher (JFCOTT).

The men claimed its members were planning to assassinate John B. Connally and another former Secretary of the Navy, Fred Korth. Bray reported this to the authorities three months before the assassination. He also predicted, based on what he had learned from the men, that Connally would be shot by a disgruntled ex-serviceman with a high powered rifle while riding in an open car during a parade in Dallas.

The men later returned, according to Bray, and left him an 8mm film of the assassination, taken from the vantage point of the alleged assassin's lair on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository. Bray claimed that stills from the film were received by Chief Justice Earl Warren.

The Bendix Corp. was the plaintiff and Bray was the defendant in a trial that took place in Natrona County, Wyoming in March, 1965. Court documents obtained by researcher Kenneth Forment indicate that Bray tried, unsuccessfully, to have the film entered into evidence.

Bray claimed he later showed the film to former Presidential assistant Theodore Sorensen, at a banquet in Portland, Oregon in 1966. when contacted by Formet, however, Sorensen's office, declined to comment on anything involving the assassination of President Kennedy.

Bill Kelly speculates that alternative motives were being set up for Oswald in case the `lone-nut' scenario did not hold up. The JFCOTT motive, according to Kelly, "was predicated upon Oswald's dissatisfaction with his `undesirable' military discharge."

Kelly also points out that during World War II, George DeMohrenschildt lived in Washington D.C. with two men, one a British MI6 agent, and the other a U.S. Naval officer named Hall, who was later a skipper of the Thresher, but not at the time of its accident.

Kelly also notes that "DeMohrenschildt also went out of his way to introduce Oswald to retired Admiral Chester `Henri' Bruton, a former nuclear sub commander who was a senior executive at Collins Radio. Burton's [sic] last job for the Navy was to redesign the Navy's communications systems with its nuclear submarine fleet."

On May 21, I talked with David Gage, whom I've known for several years through local politics. He joined the Navy in 1970, was in underwater demolitions, attended Marine sniper school, and spent most of his Navy career serving submarine duty. For many years he's been involved in high-level sonar research at the University of Texas.

When I mentioned the June 7, 1963 Life pictorial about the dredging operations, he surprised me by saying, "Yeah, the one showing the O-rings." I asked how he knew that. He said everyone in the submarine fraternity knows about the Thresher. He had never heard of JFCOTT or the Bray incident, however -- a fact also intriguing with regard to Wing.

According to Gage, the common opinion among submarine crews is that the official story is wrong. Thresher, he said, could not have been crushed due to a failure of its pressure gauges. Subs have several backup systems and the engineers even have non-technical means of sensing depth.

Gage's theory, shared by other submarine crewmen, is that Thresher was involved in an unauthorized search and destroy bluff of a Soviet sub. It is a game he admitted being involved in often. They would carry the bluff as far as opening the torpedo doors -- which can be heard by the enemy sub. When I asked if they always stopped short of firing, he said, "If they fired, no one ever admitted it."

Shanet Clark.

Thanks Shanet

Edited by Robin Unger

Bray's lawsuit against Bendix was briefly reviewed in a thread not long ago.

THRESHER

BENDIX BRAY

these two phrases led to good search results.

Mr. Bray should be taken at face value, like Sargeant Dinkin.

The films, reports of preliminary and action films support Lee's view of the photo record.

BENDIX was a major defense department supplier in 1963:

Robin

Yes we crossed threads. The double post was my fault, I think..

Thank you for all the great posts recently. I was forgetting the BRAY BENDIX case due to the new material.

THe letter you have posted above adds a new layer to what we knew about the BRAY BENDIX case. These are primary documents, and the clipped part is Bray's original typing, I believe. In the court docs I think the film claim is only of the dry runs, the claim of a DEALEY 11/22/63 film was squelched early, as was the whole case. This is very much in line with the conventional propaganda approach represented by the film EXECUTIVE ACTION< and again due to the secrecy, classification, intimidation, misdirection, forgery and murder involved in the evidence at hand, this must survive as a mighty milestone in the case, along with Dinkins....

Robin

Yes we crossed threads. The double post was my fault, I think..

Thank you for all the great posts recently. I was forgetting the BRAY BENDIX case due to the new material.

THe letter you have posted above adds a new layer to what we knew about the BRAY BENDIX case.  These are primary documents, and the clipped part is Bray's original typing, I believe.  In the court docs I think the film claim is only of the dry runs, the claim of a DEALEY 11/22/63 film was squelched early, as was the whole case.  This is very much in line with the conventional propaganda approach represented by the film EXECUTIVE ACTION< and again due to the secrecy, classification, intimidation, misdirection, forgery and murder involved in the evidence at hand, this must survive as a mighty milestone in the case, along with Dinkins....

QUOTE:

Bill Kelly made a fascinating connection regarding the June 7, 1963 Life magazine (see my appendix). I looked through it in vain for anything as obviously JFK connected as in the Esquires. Bill called on May 14, 1994 and said it is obvious if you are familiar with a little-known story among the Kennedy assassination lore. In the magazine is a small story about dredging the underwater debris field of a nuclear sub that sank the previous April, the Thresher.

rambler.jpg

magazine.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin kindly offered to host this animated gif I created on his website - thanks Robin!

http://us.share.geocities.com/quaneeri3/hughes_window.gif

It's a [slightly] stabilized animation of frames taken from Hughes of the TSBD. I believe I dropped the blurred ones - no enhancement.

IMO, it seems as if we've got a lens moving in the 5th floor window. Fits in neatly with the letter.

An enhanced version below.

- lee

Robin kindly offered to host this animated gif I created on his website - thanks Robin!

http://us.share.geocities.com/quaneeri3/hughes_window.gif

It's a [slightly] stabilized animation of frames taken from Hughes of the TSBD.  I believe I dropped the blurred ones - no enhancement. 

IMO, it seems as if we've got a lens moving in the 5th floor window.  Fits in neatly with the letter.

An enhanced version below.

- lee

The site i hosted Lee's gif on seems to be blocking access to it, they are having Bandwidth problems.

The gif is approx 1.7MB and there have been to many downloads.

Sorry if you cannot gain access.

This is one of the frames from Lee's gif.

The Animated gif appears to show this object moving around inside this 5th floor window.

hugheswindow.gif

Edited by Robin Unger