The Education Forum

Regarding the Moon Landings

Hi everyone, I've been reading the Apollo threads here for a while, and thought I would join and give some input.

The mistake I have seen done over and over again is lack of research. Loose claims are made by the dozen, and repeated enough that most people hold them as true, without really thinking about what's behind the claims. If you're going to use a picture as evidence of fakery, you have to show that it was faked. Simply saying something *should* be impossible won't do. Take the shadows for example. If you say that they can't fall as they do, prove it. Design identical scenery, lit by only the sun, at the correct angle, and show that the shadows fall differently.

The opposite has been done over and over again, scenery lit by only the sun which shows shadows converging at the horizon, or falling in different directions. Most people don't really think about these things, and immidiately grasp on to the fact that something appears to be wrong, without really looking into the reasons of why it looks like it does.

If you wish to prove something you actually have to do some research to back up your claims. If you claim that there should be a crater under the lunar module's descent engine, tell me how much the LM weighed at landing, calculate how much thrust was necessary to keep it from accelerating in lunar gravity, and then show me a controlled test where a rocket engine is fired in vacuum at a surface covered with sand, and prove to me that a crater would be created. If you can't manage to create a crater, then there should be no crater. And that claim would be taken off the list.

Now continue down your list of claims, actually researching each claim before putting it foward, and see if any of your claims hold true. So far, none have.

You can scream foul play as much as you want, but until you actually prove that something's wrong, there is nothing to discuss. If you don't know enough about something to figure it out, ask. Don't make a wild claim and have other people do the research for you. Especially not if you're going to ignore their research and claim the information was faked by NASA, or that there is a worldwide conspiracy among scientists to teach out formulas that aren't true.

Challenge to all who believe the moon landings were faked

Take any claim you have, any claim at all, research it properly, and then prove to me that something was faked, or couldn't be done.

If two images that appear to have been taken from "similar" point of view show completely different things, show me a birdsview picture of the area, and point out where all the objects were positioned, and show me why the pictures couldn't have been taken as they were. Now unless you actually use NASA maps and orbital photos to do this (claiming they are faked) you will have a hard time gettings things right. Why? Because you already think it can't be done. If you'd actually bothered to research it, you'd know it was done.

You can't just pick and choose which pieces to use for your claims. If you do, the claim will fall apart. You can claim that two images were taken minutes apart, but unless you show that they really were, your claim doesn't hold water. And the only way to show if they were taken minutes apart or not, is by reading or listening to the audio transcripts. If you throw those out the window claiming they are faked, then why would you use pictures as evidence? If the transcripts are faked to follow the pictures, why couldn't it be the other way around?

Either you use all the information at hand, and show that something is wrong, or you don't use any of the information, and stick to just saying they were faked because of the cold war. Fine by me, as long as you admit that you have no evidence of it being so.

So, anyone up for the challenge?

Sincerely,

John Månestjärna

Hi everyone, I've been reading the Apollo threads here for a while, and thought I would join and give some input.

The mistake I have seen done over and over again is lack of research. Loose claims are made by the dozen, and repeated enough that most people hold them as true, without really thinking about what's behind the claims. If you're going to use a picture as evidence of fakery, you have to show that it was faked. Simply saying something *should* be impossible won't do. Take the shadows for example. If you say that they can't fall as they do, prove it. Design identical scenery, lit by only the sun, at the correct angle, and show that the shadows fall differently.

The opposite has been done over and over again, scenery lit by only the sun which shows shadows converging at the horizon, or falling in different directions. Most people don't really think about these things, and immidiately grasp on to the fact that something appears to be wrong, without really looking into the reasons of why it looks like it does.

If you wish to prove something you actually have to do some research to back up your claims. If you claim that there should be a crater under the lunar module's descent engine, tell me how much the LM weighed at landing, calculate how much thrust was necessary to keep it from accelerating in lunar gravity, and then show me a controlled test where a rocket engine is fired in vacuum at a surface covered with sand, and prove to me that a crater would be created. If you can't manage to create a crater, then there should be no crater. And that claim would be taken off the list.

Now continue down your list of claims, actually researching each claim before putting it foward, and see if any of your claims hold true. So far, none have.

You can scream foul play as much as you want, but until you actually prove that something's wrong, there is nothing to discuss. If you don't know enough about something to figure it out, ask. Don't make a wild claim and have other people do the research for you. Especially not if you're going to ignore their research and claim the information was faked by NASA, or that there is a worldwide conspiracy among scientists to teach out formulas that aren't true.

Challenge to all who believe the moon landings were faked

Take any claim you have, any claim at all, research it properly, and then prove to me that something was faked, or couldn't be done.

If two images that appear to have been taken from "similar" point of view show completely different things, show me a birdsview picture of the area, and point out where all the objects were positioned, and show me why the pictures couldn't have been taken as they were. Now unless you actually use NASA maps and orbital photos to do this (claiming they are faked) you will have a hard time gettings things right. Why? Because you already think it can't be done. If you'd actually bothered to research it, you'd know it was done.

You can't just pick and choose which pieces to use for your claims. If you do, the claim will fall apart. You can claim that two images were taken minutes apart, but unless you show that they really were, your claim doesn't hold water. And the only way to show if they were taken minutes apart or not, is by reading or listening to the audio transcripts. If you throw those out the window claiming they are faked, then why would you use pictures as evidence? If the transcripts are faked to follow the pictures, why couldn't it be the other way around?

Either you use all the information at hand, and show that something is wrong, or you don't use any of the information, and stick to just saying they were faked because of the cold war. Fine by me, as long as you admit that you have no evidence of it being so.

So, anyone up for the challenge?

Sincerely,

John Månestjärna

Thank you.