The Education Forum

Roger Craig

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes, thank you Kathy and in turn Vince.  I don't remember ever seeing this.  It is great.  

In particular I found interesting Craig states again the gun found was a Mauser, in some detail.  After having backed off that claim at one point.  Lane produces the Weitzman (emphatic) report from 11/23/63, never seen by the WC, in support of Craigs statement.  He then produces, was it one or two CIA documents stating the rifle found was a Mauser.  I don't remember ever hearing/reading about these.  Can anyone else provide more information on them?

This is worth re watching, taking a few notes.

Thanks for bumping this thread as well Kathy.  I want to go back an read the whole thing.    

Mauser: Craig in this video added the Mauser stamp detail. He did not mention that crucial point in his 1971 manuscript. The Weitzman report was seen and published by the WC. The WC members did not see all the reports, but their staff members did. The CIA document: Who wrote it? And was the author on the 6th floor on 11/22 or did he just read newspapers? What is his source? The author also states that a Selective card was found, which is untrue. Selective cards don't have a photo,  it was an obvious fake. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2022 at 3:01 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Yes, thank you Kathy and in turn Vince.  I don't remember ever seeing this.  It is great.  

In particular I found interesting Craig states again the gun found was a Mauser, in some detail.  After having backed off that claim at one point.  Lane produces the Weitzman (emphatic) report from 11/23/63, never seen by the WC, in support of Craigs statement.  He then produces, was it one or two CIA documents stating the rifle found was a Mauser.  I don't remember ever hearing/reading about these.  Can anyone else provide more information on them?

Thanks for bumping this thread as well Kathy.  I want to go back an read the whole thing.    

Those doc's would be very interesting to find.    All I could find is this one alledg. LHO was CIA, well that' s how I read it, or am I wrong ?  It's terrible quality... if anyone has a better quality please post, so I can switch it in my files

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans
Pictures removed to save space

9 minutes ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Those doc's would be very interesting to find.    All I could find is this one alledg. LHO was CIA, well that' s how I read it, or am I wrong ?  It's terrible quality... if anyone has a better quality please post, so I can switch it in my files

original sm.jpg

Hi Jean Paul. That memo is a well-known fake (probably discussed in other threads).

17 minutes ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Hi Jean Paul. That memo is a well-known fake (probably discussed in other threads).

Thanks, I'll look it up.  The problem is that there is so much out there... and for everything there is pro and a con to be found... I'm gratefull this forum is here to set things straight 

2 hours ago, Henry Frost said:

Aww, had me going for a sec.

"Once ONI, always ONI"

I was looking in the wrong places it seems... sorry...

1 hour ago, Henry Frost said:

Craig says that a Mauser was found on the sixth floor of the TSBD.

But in 1968, in an interview with the L.A. Free Press, Craig  is quoted as saying:

"But there was another rifle, a Mauser, found up on the roof of the depository, that afternoon".

How many Mausers were there?

Free Press article:

https://app.box.com/s/n0hkvccua7iczh71h5bp

The Mauser on the roof mistake comes from Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Thayor Waldo. He apologized to the WC for it. Other than what he saw and heard that day, I don't think Craig was much informed on the works of the WC. 

I was going through the Belgian newspapers published from 11/22/63 on.

It took them over a week before they mentioned Manlicher-Carcano, until that they had called it pretty much everything, from a "Britisch Enfield" to "some Austrian rifle"....  They were pretty fast on all the other stuff, but the rifle caused one hell of a confusion.   Now, I must admit seeing Weitzman's affidavit (the handwritten and typed version) clearly stating Mauser does make a man think what's going on here... After 11/22 the word "certain" was erased from dictionnaries....

On 9/2/2022 at 3:01 AM, Ron Bulman said:

Here's the doc's he showed, they seem to be a sort press statement or so, don't know, 

Pictures removed to save space

Lane says in the video about the above (in short) : recently discovered / upon FOIA request / in CIA files / documents dated 11/25/1963 and 11/28/1963.  

But the documents show no signature, nothing on from/to,... (at least the parts I can see), so I don't know what to make of it...

Found something on one of the doc's

Marrs 440. Evica 53. "Information on The Weapon Presumably Used in the Assassination of President Kennedy," CIA document, Nov. 28, 1963 (author's copy showing numbered comments 1-4, 8 and 9, from Jack White collection (created from full document acquired from Mary Ferrell collection). Letter from Jack White to Richard Bartholomew, Oct. 14, 1994.  From http://www.whokilledjfk.net/