The Education Forum

Roger Craig

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/8/2022 at 3:03 AM, Denis Morissette said:

When did Craig say they brought the rifle down? Turn around and tell people!

I'm not a Roger Craig expert, so I don't know all the times he commented on the rife from the roof. But I know he did in early 1968.

From an article in L.A. Free Press, March 1, 1968, page 3:

FP: Free Press
RC: Roger Craig
PJ: Penn Jones

Image3.jpg.070987e971affe129b3afc9ef07ec

Craig said:

"But there was another rifle, a Mauser, found up on the the roof of the depository that afternoon."

OK. If they had found a rifle on the roof, it would have been brought down eventually. But the problem is that that Mauser story came from Fort Worth Star-Telegram story Thayor Waldo who admitted to the WC that he got confused when he heard ladies in Captain King's office talking. Other photos show the same officers as in the Mentesana film, and it shows that this officer is handling a shotgun. Allen photo and Skaggs photo.

Waldo may have changed his story after seeing the photos you speak of. Of he may have been asked to change his story. Or the WC may have changed it.

I mean, the WC certainly wouldn't have allowed for existence of a second or third rifle to be published in their report.

The bottom line is that he was initially correct. The Mentesana film shows a police officer gingerly carrying the rifle while other officers gathered around to see it. If it were really a DPD shotgun, they would have known it right away.

I haven't seen the Mentesana film myself, but Garrison did. And I trust Garrison much more than I do the WCR. He wouldn't have tried to pull a fast one over his readers' eyes. Everybody is free to check up on him.

Could someone please point me to the Mentesana film showing the rifle being handled?  I have, since the advent of this topic and also years prior watched what purported to be this film and have yet to see anything other than a group of people assembled around a police officer who is holding a gun (rifle/shotgun), not very visible or discernible.  I have yet to see it being brought down or being handled on the ground.  Did I miss something?  I have searched for both the Mentesana and DCA videos without finding anything other than the group picture with the officer behind the assembled mass of persons and only the upper barrel portion of the gun showing (very inconclusive).

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Waldo may have changed his story after seeing the photos you speak of. Of he may have been asked to change his story. Or the WC may have changed it.

I mean, the WC certainly wouldn't have allowed for existence of a second or third rifle to be published in their report.

The bottom line is that he was initially correct. The Mentesana film shows a police officer gingerly carrying the rifle while other officers gathered around to see it. If it were really a DPD shotgun, they would have known it right away.

I haven't seen the Mentesana film myself, but Garrison did. And I trust Garrison much more than I do the WCR. He wouldn't have tried to pull a fast one over his readers' eyes. Everybody is free to check up on him.

"The Mentesana film shows a police officer gingerly carrying the rifle"

"I haven't seen the Mentesana film myself"

39 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Could someone please point me to the Mentesana film showing the rifle being handled?  I have, since the advent of this topic and also years prior watched what purported to be this film and have yet to see anything other than a group of people assembled around a police officer who is holding a gun (rifle/shotgun), not very visible or discernible.  I have yet to see it being brought down or being handled on the ground.  Did I miss something?  I have searched for both the Mentesana and DCA videos without finding anything other than the group picture with the officer behind the assembled mass of persons and only the upper barrel portion of the gun showing (very inconclusive).

You're correct on what we see in the film. I have the 1964 DCA film that they DCA were selling back then. It does not show anything else than what you see in this clip:

What Larsen said:

"The film clip showing police officers bringing a rifle down the fire escape from the TSBD roof"

I replied: False.

Larsen said: 

Nope. You're wrong.

On 9/6/2022 at 5:58 PM, Denis Morissette said:

"The film clip showing police officers bringing a rifle down the fire escape from the TSBD roof"

False.

Nope. You're wrong.

Skaggs photos were known only in the 90s and the Allen photo was not published and Allen was from the Dallas Herald Times. Did you get a copy of the original transcript of Waldo's testimony to determine if it was altered instead of going into theories that the WC modified his testimony? Did Waldo have the visit of men in black?

They could have had. Since the Mentesanna film does not show that rifle, they were not able to publish it. And you're not proving anything. Did you try to get or view a copy of the never-before-seen segment of the Mentesana film? I would like to see the exact quote of what Garrison wrote. I just want to make sure.

Who would have known right away?

He may have been tired and misremembering later what he had seen. 

2 hours ago, Richard Price said:

I have searched for both the Mentesana and DCA videos without finding anything other than the group picture with the officer behind the assembled mass of persons and only the upper barrel portion of the gun showing (very inconclusive).

The officer in the group holding a rifle could be a Winchester Featherweight Auto Shotgun:

166337662_winchester1.jpg.5aeb62a1ca3bc08a7c91aceb0b8bd806.jpg

You can also get it from Klein's:

576507429_winchester2.thumb.jpg.f0b4cd1ae111b0411f4bd5beb50e235e.jpg

2 hours ago, Richard Price said:

According to Garrison (in his book), the Mentesana film is part of a DCA (Dallas Cinema Associates) film compilation that is now in archives of Western New England College (Springfield, Massachusetts).

DCA made more than one of these JFK assassination compilations. I found one on the internet but it is the wrong one.