The Education Forum

Robert Morrow, Marshall Diggs & Robert Kohly

In 1992, Robert Morrow claimed that just before the publication of the Warren Commission Report, Marshall Diggs requested a meeting. Diggs told Morrow that Tracy Barnes was concerned about information Mary Meyer had about the assassination of JFK. He asked Morrow to pass this information onto Cuban exile leader, Robert Kohly. When told, Kohly replied: “Tell Diggs I’ll take care of the matter.” A week later Mary Meyer was dead.

Does anyone know anything about Robert Kohly or Marshall Diggs?

Is Robert Morrow a reliable witness?

In 1992, Robert Morrow claimed that just before the publication of the Warren Commission Report, Marshall Diggs  requested a meeting. Diggs told Morrow that Tracy Barnes was concerned about information Mary Meyer had about the assassination of JFK. He asked Morrow to pass this information onto Cuban exile leader, Robert Kohly. When told, Kohly replied: “Tell Diggs I’ll take care of the matter.” A week later Mary Meyer was dead.

Isn't it Mario Kohly, Morrow's collaborator in the counterfeiting scheme?

In 1992, Robert Morrow claimed that just before the publication of the Warren Commission Report, Marshall Diggs  requested a meeting. Diggs told Morrow that Tracy Barnes was concerned about information Mary Meyer had about the assassination of JFK. He asked Morrow to pass this information onto Cuban exile leader, Robert Kohly. When told, Kohly replied: “Tell Diggs I’ll take care of the matter.” A week later Mary Meyer was dead.

John,

This is all from memory. Mario Kohly claimed that he was the legitimate president of Cuba. Supposedly he was Nixon's man. I believe Nixon helped him with his problems.

Morrow did indeed have a relationship with Kohly. Morrow was arrested for printing counterfeit Cuban pesos. I have a copy somewhere of an ON TARGET publication where Mrs. Kohly writes in describing her husband's and Morrow's plight. ON TARGET was published by Robert DePugh and was the official Minuteman newsletter.

I believe that the research community is split on the veracity of Morrow.

Dave

Isn't it Mario Kohly, Morrow's collaborator in the counterfeiting scheme?

According to Nina Burleigh (A Very Private Woman) it is definitely Robert Kohly. However, I can find no evidence of a Robert Kohly on the web. Interesting, Hinckle and Turner (Deadly Secrets) claim that Mario Garcia Kohly lived in 32nd Street in Georgetown. Mary Meyer lived in 34th Street.

It was Mario Garcia Kohly. There is no mention of a Robert Kohly in Morrow's book First Hand Knowledge. Marshall Diggs was Kohly's attorney, and the Deputy Comptroller of the U.S. Treasury under Roosevelt.

According to Morrow's book, Diggs told Morrow that Mary Meyer was going to tell RFK that CIA-affiliated Cuban exiles and the Mafia had killed JFK. Morrow asked Diggs if Kohly was involved, and Diggs said that he didn't know, that he would guess it was "del Valle, possibly Prio, because of Jack Ruby." Ruby was "the gun runner we dealt with in buying Kohly's arms in Greece."

Kohly had to be warned about Meyer but Diggs didn't know where his client was and didn't want to know because Kohly was prepared to flee the country because of his legal problems. Diggs said that Tracy Barnes was also concerned about Meyer: "Even though he could sanction it, he wouldn't dare put a hit on her. At least not now."

Morrow advised Kohly, who told him that he would take care of it, and a few days later Meyer was dead.

Ron

Just a personal observation:

There is no doubt that Morrow was involved with Kohly at the height of the great anti-Castro crusade. But in my research into David Ferrie, I have had to consider Morrow's writings. Not only have I been unable to confirm any of Morrow's claims about Ferrie; I also have reason to believe Ferrie was not where Morrow said he was on more than one occasion. I come away from Morrow believing that one cannot accept his accounts without corroboration.

My personal feeling at this time (and it's only MY feeling, I don't wish to press it on others) is that Morrow has embellieshed his accounts in certain ways. Even the subtitle of his second book seems to show an eagerness to be involved in the JFK case.