The Education Forum

Mysterious deaths prior to HSCA hearings?

We are all aware of the long list of "mysterious deaths" that are related to the JFK assassination in general.

However those persons who died immediately prior to their scheduled testimonies before the HSCA seem even more ominous. I suppose that I am being a little lazy but has anyone developed a list of those persons and their alledged cause of death?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel Artime would of course be one.

He died at 45 of cancer. The diagnosis of cancer was made within two weeks of his death, as I recall.

Apparently Gaeton Fonzi suspected that Artime MAY (I would emphasize MAY) have been a double agent.

I understand his death occured shortly after he was added to the HSCA witness list.

Whether a cancer death can be considered "mysterious" may depend upon how conspiracy-minded you may be. Perhaps if additional medical information was obtained re the type of cancer etc an oncologist could render an opinion how likely such cancer would be to cause such a quick death, which could either exclude Artime's death as "mysterious" or, perhaps, thicken the plot.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Of course we all know that George deMohrenschildt (sp?) shot himself (maybe) immediately before Gaeton Fonzi was going to interview him.

Had to be one of the most dramatic moments in Fonzi's dramatic career as an investigator first for the Church Committee and then for the HSCA, perhaps followed by the Veciana revelation.

We are all aware of the long list of "mysterious deaths" that are related to the JFK assassination in general.

However those persons who died immediately prior to their scheduled testimonies before the HSCA seem even more ominous. I suppose that I am being a little lazy but has anyone developed a list of those persons and their alledged cause of death?

You can find details of these deaths (with links to individual biographies) at:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKdeaths.htm

When the Select Committee on Intelligence Activities and Select Committee on Assassinations began investigating Kennedy's death in the 1970s the deaths of potential witnesses increased dramatically. This included several criminals with possible links to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Those who were killed or who died in suspicious circumstances during this period included Malcolm Wallace (1971), Lucien Sarti (1972), Charles Willoughby (1972), Thomas Davis (1973), Richard Cain (1973), Dave Yarras (1974), Sam Giancana (1975), Jimmy Hoffa (1975), Roland Masferrer (1975), Johnny Roselli (1976), George De Mohrenschildt (1977), Charlie Nicoletti (1977) and Carlos Prio (1977).

William Sullivan, the main figure in the FBI involved in the Executive Action project, and the person in the FBI who investigated Oswald, was shot dead near his home in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire, on 9th November, 1977. Sullivan had been scheduled to testify before the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

Sullivan was one of six top FBI officials who died in a six month period in 1977. Others who were due to appear before the committee who died included Louis Nicholas, special assistant to J. Edgar Hoover and his liaison with the Warren Commission; Alan H. Belmont, special assistant to Hoover; James Cadigan, document expert with access to documents that related to death of John F. Kennedy; J. M. English, former head of FBI Forensic Sciences Laboratory where Oswald's rifle and pistol were tested and Donald Kaylor, FBI fingerprint chemist who examined prints found at the assassination scene.

Several important figures in the Central Intelligence Agency died before they could give evidence to the House Select Committee on Assassinations investigations. William Harvey, head of the ZR/RIFLE project, died as a result of complications from heart surgery in June, 1976. William Pawley, who took part in Operation Tilt, died of gunshot wounds in January, 1977. David Morales, who some believe organized the assassination, died aged 53, on 8th May, 1978.

John Paisley was deputy director of the Office of Strategic Research. On 24th September, 1978, John Paisley, took a trip on his motorized sailboat on Chesapeake Bay. Two days later his boat was found moored in Solomons, Maryland. Paisley's body was found in Maryland's Patuxent River. The body was fixed to diving weights. He had been shot in the head. Police investigators described it as "an execution-type murder". However, officially Paisley's death was recorded as a suicide.

According to the journalist, Victor Marchetti, Paisley was a close friend of Yuri Nosenko. Marchetti also claimed that Paisley knew a great deal about the assassination of John F. Kennedy and was murdered during the House Select Committee on Assassinations investigation because he was "about to blow the whistle".

Thanks John and Tim. I have saved this. IMO, these particlar persons and their cause of death is even more telling than those who died relative to the WC investgation. Were I a statistician, I would do a study on those persons whose testimonies I at least felt were most pertinent to the subect and determine what percentage these deaths were of that total. Then of course the statistical probability of this occuring naturally. I would bet that this figure is phenomenal!

Again, thanks very much to both of you. Charlie Black

Thanks John and Tim. I have saved this. IMO, these particlar persons and their cause of death is even more telling than those who died relative to the WC investgation. Were I a statistician, I would do a study on those persons whose testimonies I at least felt were most pertinent to the subect and determine what percentage these deaths were of that total. Then of course the statistical probability of this occuring naturally. I would bet that this figure is phenomenal!

Again, thanks very much to both of you. Charlie Black

Tim: Did Castro have all these guys killed too???:rolleyes:

(Sorry, could not resist that one)

Charles

Do not leave out Thomas Karamessines who had worked in the office of Richard Helms and was monitoring the movements of Oswald in the months before the assassination. Died at his vacation retreat in Canada just before he was scheduled to testify (heart attack I believe).

Jim Root

Charles

Do not leave out Thomas Karamessines who had worked in the office of Richard Helms and was monitoring the movements of Oswald in the months before the assassination.  Died at his vacation retreat in Canada just before he was scheduled to testify (heart attack I believe).

Jim Root

Another CIA guy who died between the Church Committee and the HSCA was Sheffield Edwards, whose idea it was to use the mob in the Castro hits.

While many of the men on John's list were in bad health, and supposedly died of natural causes, most of them were not very old. I wouldn't be surprised if the average guy was only 60.

If someone could do the research of age at death and purported cause it would probably prove most interesting. The number of gunshot deaths, self-inflicted or otherwise, certainly defies the odds.

Someone who may or may not be listed as a suspicious death is rarely mentioned anti-Castro fighter Juan Jose Peruyero. Peruyero was a member of Brigade 2506 and became very active in several anti-Castro movements which included an association with William Pawley.

Peruyero was gunned down in front of his Miami house on Jan 7, 1977. One theory is that several of the more militant anti-Castro Cubans were annoyed at Peruyero who was supposedly associating his group with some undesirable right-wing elements. Another theory is that Peruyero was brokering a settlement between two warring drug factions, one of which was not happy with the proposed deal.

However, Peruyero was closely associated with Reinaldo Pico Ramon who was a part of the Agency's dirty tricks department. The possibility exists that the HSCA may have had him in their sights regarding what he knew about the Martin Luther King assassination.

If any forum members are in communication with Gaeton Fonzi, it would be interesting to know if the HSCA did indeed have Peruyero listed as someone of interest.

FWIW.

James

In response to Dawn's post:

First, I do not think that all these deaths, even if mysterious, were sinister.

Second, if my scenario of the assassination is correct then the answer to your question, of course, is YES, either Castro intelligence agents or the KGB.

Remember: there are two documented cases in Europe of anti-Communist deaths that were classified as heart attacks until a KGB assassin came forward and admitted killing them using a KGB designed poison. One of these victims was a man named Stephen Bandera. I forget the second name but I think I have already posted it in this thread. So far as I am aware, these are the ONLY deaths by an intelligence agency designed to look accidental. So the KGB had experience in murder designed to look accidental.

I certainly think Paisley was a KGB agent linked to Nosenko, also a KGB agent, and I think the KGB killed Paisley.

Rosselli claimed Castro did it. Perhaps it was surmise on his part. Perhaps he had evidence. Look what happened to him.

And Gaeton Fonzi suspected Manuel Artime might be a Castro double agent. If so, his death certainly prevented the exposure of some secrets.

So IF the Kennedy assassination was a Castro and/or KGB plot, then of course the mysterious deaths were orchestrated by the sponsors of the assassination. One does not need to be a rocket scientist to reach that conclusion.

Do not forget:

Lt. Cdr. Bill Pitzer

Suicide of course....

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKpitzerW.htm

Lee Oswald

Murdered...on live TV.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKoswald.htm

Jack Ruby

Cancer..... I didn't want Jackie to have to come to the trial. Was treated for a cold, hospitalized and within a month or so, died of cancer. Naturally.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKruby.htm

Edited by Antti Hynonen

And Gaeton Fonzi suspected Manuel Artime might be a Castro double agent.  If so, his death certainly prevented the exposure of some secrets.

So IF the Kennedy assassination was a Castro and/or KGB plot, then of course the mysterious deaths were orchestrated by the sponsors of the assassination.  One does not need to be a rocket scientist to reach that conclusion.

Artime was best buddies with HUNT. The suspicion of him being a double came purely from one of his top men in Nicaragua being a double, as I remember. Your Castro obsession, Tim, is just wild; it is just illogical to me to believe that the leader of this powerless and destitute country 90 miles off the American coast could orchestrate numerous murders of high-profile people on American soil, without an American response. If he is so ingenious, why the heck can't he spread his revolution beyond his borders without the U.S. slapping him down? Why do men like Bosch run free?

Pat wrote:

If [Castro] is so ingenious, why the heck can't he spread his revolution beyond his borders without the U.S. slapping him down?

Pat, that Castro is ingenious is demonstrated, is it not, by his ability to survive so many attempts on his life (most of them US sponsored).

And he certainly has TRIED to export his revolution in both Latin America and Africa.

The US had to fight Cuban trained and armed insurgents in Africa.

He Castro almost succeeded in Nicaraugua but for the efforts of the Reagan administration. By the way, is it now clear that Fidel's buddy Danny Ortega was a child abuser?