The Education Forum

Mysterious deaths prior to HSCA hearings?

Another CIA guy who died between the Church Committee and the HSCA was Sheffield Edwards, whose idea it was to use the mob in the Castro hits.

I did not know this. Have you a date for his death?

I read about this in Belin's book Final Disclosure. Now that I think about it, Edwards might have died between the Rockefeller Commission and the Church Committee, a year or so before the HSCA. In any case, it was between 75-77, before his connections to the mob could be fully explored. As I remember Edwards was in his early 70's, old enough to die of "natural" causes. If it weren't for the deaths of Giancana, Rosselli,

Prio, Pawley, de Mohrenschildt etc. I wouldn't have raised an eye brow.

Edited by Pat Speer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield Edwards died of natural causes on July 15, 1975.

Thank you for that. I have updated the "deaths" page (I have also now included Thomas Karamessines on the list).

In response to John's post, let me comment that a j weberman, who is not otherwise adverse to conspiracy theories, is confident that William Sullivan's death was accidental.  We know, of course, who shot him.

William Sullivan is an interesting case and deserves his own thread. I do believe he was murdered and think I know how it was done.

Although all of these deaths may not be consdidered sinister, the timing of them IMO definitely is. Even if a very few of the below listed had, under immunity, "told all", I think that there is a good possibility that we would not be having this discussion today. I feel that it is very damned sinister that none of this testimony was ever heard!

William Sullivan, Manuel Artime, J. Hoffa, DeMorenschildt, Cadigan, Nicholas, Giancanna, Nicoletti, Prio, J. English, Karamessines, Sheffield Edwards, William Harvey, W. Pawley, Morales, Paisley and John Roselli. It has been suggested that several of these were ready to spill the beans. What these people as a group probably knew, may very well have encompassed the entire case.

Coinidence again! Charlie Black

In response to John's post, let me comment that A J Weberman, who is not otherwise adverse to conspiracy theories, is confident that William Sullivan's death was accidental.  We know, of course, who shot him.

I no longer remember the particulars or even have the article, but an old boyfriend of mine did an article on Sullivan's death, in I think 78 or 79 and he- (Harvey Yazijian, of the Assassination Information Bureau)- concluded that it was NOT an accident.

Dawn

Another candidate is James Truitt who committed suicide in 1981. Truitt had been Phil Graham's right-hand man when he was the key figure in Operation Mockingbird. Graham himself committed suicide in 1963.

Truitt was also one of Mary Pinchot Meyer's lovers and knew all about her affair with JFK and the existence of the diary. Truitt was known to be a CIA asset.

Truitt fell out with Ben Bradlee and left the Washington Post in 1969. As part of his settlement he took $35,000 on the written condition that he did not write anything for publication about his experiences at the Washington Post that was "in any way derogatory" of the company.

March, 1976, Truitt gave an interview to the National Enquirer. He told the newspaper that Mary Pinchot Meyer was having an affair with JFK. He also claimed that Mary had told them that she was keeping an account of this relationship in her diary. Truitt claimed that the diary had been removed from her house by Ben Bradlee and James Angleton.

At first Bradlee and Angleton denied the story. Some of Mary's friends knew that the two men were lying about the diary and some spoke anonymously to other newspapers and magazines. Later that month Time Magazine published an article confirming Truitt's story. Antoinette Bradlee, who was now living apart from Ben Bradlee, admitted that her sister had been having an affair with JFK. Antoinette claimed she found the diary and letters a few days after her sister's death. It was claimed that the diary was in a metal box in Mary's studio. The contents of the box were given to James Angleton who claimed he burnt the diary. Bradlee and Angleton were now forced to admit that Truitt's story was accurate.

In 1981 James Truitt committed suicide. According to Nina Burleigh (A Very Private Woman) Truitt's wife, Evelyn Patterson Truitt, claimed that her husband's papers, including copies of Mary's diary, had been stolen from the home by an CIA agent called Herbert Burrows.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKtruitt.htm

Somehow we have gotten afield.

Originally the topic was to be mysterious deaths immediately prior to the commencent of the HSCA.

Oh, well.

Given the recent postings, perhaps the title should be changed to: "Mysterious Deaths: 1975 and Beyond"?

Someone should write a paper on just the number of alleged "suicides" in this case. It's astounding. Most people do not commit suicide. But it's sure a convenient way to get rid of someone. Take former Tx. Secty of Agriculture Henry Marshall for example. He was really going after LBJ and his scams with Billie Sol Estes. But his death was declared a suicide. Even tho his arms were not long enough to fire the shotgun into his body, several times, after he'd already been exposed to carbon monxide. Not til Tx. Range Clint Peoples was finally able to get the DA to convene a Grand Jury did the suicide verdict change. And of course Clint Peoples himself died in a single car accident. Just as many other people close to this case have left this life. Including LBJ (alleged) hit man Mac Wallace.

Suicides, car accidents,...so many dead witnesses. Penn Jones used to keep count. I wonder if anyone is now.

Dawn

• 2 years later...

John:

I am digging into the HSCA, and how it was conducted. I found this thread (somewhat dated) and can't resist asking you - and Tim - who killed Sullivan, and how was it done?

Gene

Thank you for that. I have updated the "deaths" page (I have also now included Thomas Karamessines on the list).

In response to John's post, let me comment that a j weberman, who is not otherwise adverse to conspiracy theories, is confident that William Sullivan's death was accidental. We know, of course, who shot him.

William Sullivan is an interesting case and deserves his own thread. I do believe he was murdered and think I know how it was done.

John:

I am digging into the HSCA, and how it was conducted. I found this thread (somewhat dated) and can't resist asking you - and Tim - who killed Sullivan, and how was it done?

Gene

In response to John's post, let me comment that a j weberman, who is not otherwise adverse to conspiracy theories, is confident that William Sullivan's death was accidental. We know, of course, who shot him.

We know, of course, who shot him.

No! We know, by his statements, etc; who thinks that he shot him!

Not unlike a few firefights which ended with dead NVA, there were always arguments as to"who" actually shot them.

(the actual shooter got the spoils/trophies of war) as well as frequent occurences every Deer Season down here in S. Mississippi in which there are heated arguments over WHO? shot a deer.

If, and when you find the bullet that is actually responsible for having killed Sullivan, then perhaps we can know "WHO?" killed him. Or who? did not!

Irrelavant! He needed killing anyway!

Taking into account what we, now in 2008, think that we know of the assassination conspiracy, I would imagine that on any of our individual lists of who we agreed were the 50 most suspicious individuals who were to testify before the HSCA--------The number of deaths, attributable to "any cause", which prevented this testimony from being heard-----which occurred in such a short span of time prior to their approximate testimony scheduling, could in no way be attributable to "coincidence / chance".

None of the deaths should be excluded as "natural cause" because we have no way of knowing if ANY truly were "natural": including "heart attacks", single car accidents, drownings.

This alone, I feel would be in such a high percentile of improbability, that it could not continue to be ignored by anyone claiming sanity! There were many who were silenced.

The scope of the JFK assassination "related deaths" has made this little Coup d' Etat a MASS MURDER scene!

Charles Black

John:

In addition to "how" he was murdered (and who really shot him), can you tell me exactly when he was scheduled to testify before the HSCA? Was it imminent; the following week? If so, that's very much cause-effect, and quite similar to Roselli and Giancana. Thanks- gene