The Education Forum

Howard Hunt and Arthur Bremer

On 15th May, 1972, Arthur Bremer attempted to assassinate George Wallace. It is claimed in All The President's Men (page 326-7) that William Bittman told Bob Woodward that Charles Colson ordered E. Howard Hunt to break into Bremer's apartment to remove incriminating documents. This took place at the same time that the 'Plumbers' were trying to cause problems for Democrat candidates for president. I wonder what documents Colson was concerned about.

According to Howard Simons of The Washington Post, the assassination of Wallace could have been the "ultimate dirty trick".

It was reported by the FBI that when they searched Bremer's apartment they found both left-wing and right-wing propaganda. It was reported by local journalists that the FBI took an hour and a half to seal Bremer's apartment. It was claimed that during this period several documents were removed from the apartment.

According to Hunt in his book Undercover, Colson wanted anything from the apartment that could be used to blame the left for the assassination attempt.

Colson told Hunt, "Every time there's an assassination in this country the press blames the political Right. Weeks later the truth seeps out - like Oswald and Sirhan Sirhan, who were Lefties. Just once I'd like the truth to come out - if Bremer's a Marxist himself" (p. 216).

John

That is very interestering... Colson and Hunt must have had some strong motivation to interced into this, without real motivaton that was a political mistake!

Although I am coming over to believe that a great many people spent the spring of 1972 trying to drag some very ugly carcasses into the CREEP/GOP premises. They were either highly motivated by shadowy reasons (money/Vietnam/Dallas) or they were crazy, loco, stupido (this is the consensus view) or they were just following orders from Nixon, Haldeman and Mitchell, the executives.

After the Admiral Moorer Yeoman Radford Joint Chiefs of Staff Spy Ring rocked the NIXON WHITE HOUSE you have to look at the relationship between the Military and the civilian leadership. The Military initiated joint operations in the 1960s and 1970s, even more than the CIA did.

A\

Al Haig is my choice for DEEP THROAT and chief beneficiary of Military White House power re distribution crisis, which is what happened in 1973-74..........

On 15th May, 1972, Arthur Bremer attempted to assassinate George Wallace. It is claimed in All The President's Men (page 326-7) that William Bittman told Bob Woodward that Charles Colson ordered E. Howard Hunt to break into Bremer's apartment to remove incriminating documents. This took place at the same time that the 'Plumbers' were trying to cause problems for Democrat candidates for president. I wonder what documents Colson was concerned about.

According to Howard Simons of The Washington Post, the assassination of Wallace could have been the "ultimate dirty trick".

It was reported by the FBI that when they searched Bremer's apartment they found both left-wing and right-wing propaganda. It was reported by local journalists that the FBI took an hour and a half to seal Bremer's apartment. It was claimed that during this period several documents were removed from the apartment.