The Education Forum

Slavery Lesson

Andy, this looks really good. What age students is this lesson plan designed for?

What computer skills do I need to be able to make a document like this that integrates power point, web content generation, and, acrobat reader?

I like the idea of the interactive flow chart, but what advatages do you see the web based one having over printing out copies for each person in class?

Is this an assignment you assess? If so, how?

Thanks for putting this up here.

Andy, this looks really good.  What age students is this lesson plan designed for?

What computer skills do I need to be able to make a document like this that integrates power point, web content generation, and, acrobat reader?

I like the idea of the interactive flow chart, but what advatages do you see the web based one having over printing out copies for each person in class?

Is this an assignment you assess? If so, how?

Thanks for putting this up here.

Thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions

It is designed for 13 year old students.

It's a one off lesson (1 hour).

The main advantages of having it web based are the enthusiasm the students have for such activities, the ease at which the lesson can be stepped and differentiated and the fact that it is accessible anywhere any time.

The lesson starter activity will also involve the teacher using an interactive whiteboard to go through the PowerPoint - excellent for visual learners

Did you work on this with Neil McDonald?

I think Europe and Slavery could be a good topic to look at with E-HELP.

No I just pinched his worksheet as an extension task - reminds me I must spell check it all :ph34r: