The Education Forum

Dorothy Hunt

It seems the first paragraph of my reply didn't make it to my post for whatever reason. probably a poor cut and paste job by me, nothng new there. You'll have to jump around a little but this was it:

John, if you mean that assassinations rarely go according to plan because a third of the folks onboard survived, then I agree with you. As I said, if there were no survivors, I would be more inclined to suspect that something was amiss. But again I think that a crash in which 18 survived leaves too much to chance to have been deliberate. And there is nothing more certain then a bullet in the brain, as everyone in this forum knows. Muggings, robberies, auto accidents, etc., etc. happen every day. There were plenty of opportunities with Dorothy traveling around. D.C. and Chicago. These cities are not known for their low crime rate.

The only problem I see with the crash was that it happened at too low an altitude.

The parachutist was not able to bail out and parachute to safety.

Would he have been able to poison the whole plane first, and then bail out, if high enough altitude had been reached? You bet.

Was he part of a fail-safe plan with redundant means of ensuring the flight would be terminated? Always a possibility.

Had this asset been sent along in order for him to also fall victim when the plane crashed? I bet he thought so.

According to the articles in some of the posts there were many targets on board.

That is a lot of "accidents" to arrange. One accident saves resources and lowers chances of foulplay being discovered.

United Airlines seems to be conveniently available when the need arises for airline disasters.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<span style='color:green'>Incidently, just for extra unrelated info, I was also surprised to see John and Yoko sitting in the viewing section several times, during the hearings. </span> (Dixie Dea)

Hi Dixie,

I don't think Lennon was any fan of Nixon, to state the obvious. The song, 'Gimme Some Truth' is scathing toward government lies.

James

"No short-haired, yellow-bellied son of Tricky Dicky's gonna mother hubbard softsoap me..."

"I'm sick to death of hearing things from tight-lipped, condescending, mommy's little chauvanist..."

"I'm sick to death of reading things from neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians..."

"...from schizophrenic, egocentric, paranoid prima donnas, all I want is the truth..."

Lennon's lines from the best of my memory.

Kathy

• 2 months later...

I have an informant that was closely involved in Watergate. He sends me information about the case but is unwilling to be named as he still fears for his life. This is the latest email that he has sent me.

I continue to look for interesting postings on your JFK Assassination and Watergate web sites and noticed your interest in the December 8, 1972, Chicago plane crash that took the life of Dorothy Hunt.

Before addressing that matter, I'll provide some background information that helped me understand why Mrs. Hunt was on the flight and why she had a substantial amount of cash in her possession.

As I previously disclosed, I contacted Richard Nixon in late November 1971 regarding the conspiracy and apparent homicide I had reported to the corrupted FBI agents in September. My letter, which was accompanied by chronologies and documents that fully supported my allegations, arrived at the White House on the first or second day of December 1971.

Since the intrigue I uncovered had saved my employer's insurance company a much larger sum of money than what was saved by my employer, it became apparent to me that Clement Stone, the Chicago, Illinois, insurance tycoon, was contacted after Nixon received my letter. Stone arrived at the White House for dinner on December 7, 1971, and pledged $1 million for Nixon's 1972 presidential campaign. His arrival occurred the day after Gordon Liddy was officially transferred from the White House to Nixon's re-election committee where he and Howard Hunt began to develop a spy plan that Liddy would call Gemstone. Liddy was told he could spend a million dollars on the project - the same amount Stone had pledged. Moreover, three days after Stone dined with Nixon, an extremely ominous threat on my life began.

It's noteworthy that Liddy approached Hunt in early April 1972 (this was shortly after John Mitchell agreed to give Gemstone a $250,000 budget) and asked him to take a plane to Chicago and deliver a sealed envelope containing cash to a young man he was to meet at Clement Stone's charitable foundation offices.

The young man Hunt met there could have been Thomas Visny, who was killed in an auto accident in early October 1972. Visny, who lived in the Chicago area, was recruited by Donald Segretti and his death occurred in southern Illinois - less than 10 miles from my home and shortly before the media exposed Segretti's activities. I believe Visny was one of the individuals who constantly called my home and said nothing when we answered the telephone.

Nixon must have considered Dorothy Hunt a major problem since he probably suspected that Howard was telling her about the criminal activities at the White House. And the fact that Dorothy was seeing a psychiatrist would indicate she wasn't able to cope with what she was hearing. As you probably know, Dorothy believed her psychiatrist and his wife were murdered on March 2, 1972, when the boat they were in disappeared.

After Howard Hunt was indicted by the Watergate grand jury on September 15, 1972, I recall that the judge issued an order that prevented Hunt from leaving the Washington D. C. area. I therefore believe somebody told Hunt that another trip to Stone's office was required and suggested that Dorothy, who was obviously aware of Howard's earlier trip in April, should carry out the mission. That would explain why she was on that sabotaged flight with the $10,000 in her purse.

There are a couple of other observations to be made regarding Clement Stone's significant involvement in the Watergate scandal. I noticed that he was Nixon's most vocal supporter during the Watergate era and that he provided Dwight Chapin a pay check before, during, and after Chapin's imprisonment. As I previously disclosed, Chapin recruited Segretti a couple of days after I met with the FBI agents.

I once believed that the full truth of the Watergate scandal would expose the malicious plutocracy and finally bring about the changes that are required to enhance the quality of human life. However, I found out that wealthy men, with the help of media executives and politicians, can easily cover up their crimes and thus prevent a fully informed population from abolishing an obsolete economic system that provides undeserved wealth for some and dire poverty for many. Unfortunately, the invincible power of the plutocrats will prevent any constructive change and mankind will continue down the path of self-destruction.

I hope this information helps you understand the genesis of Gemstone and how it eventually caused the death of Dorothy Hunt. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhuntD.htm

I have an informant that was closely involved in Watergate. He sends me information about the case but is unwilling to be named as he still fears for his life. This is the latest email that he has sent me.

I continue to look for interesting postings on your JFK Assassination and Watergate web sites and noticed your interest in the December 8, 1972, Chicago plane crash that took the life of Dorothy Hunt.

Before addressing that matter, I'll provide some background information that helped me understand why Mrs. Hunt was on the flight and why she had a substantial amount of cash in her possession.

As I previously disclosed, I contacted Richard Nixon in late November 1971 regarding the conspiracy and apparent homicide I had reported to the corrupted FBI agents in September. My letter, which was accompanied by chronologies and documents that fully supported my allegations, arrived at the White House on the first or second day of December 1971.

Since the intrigue I uncovered had saved my employer's insurance company a much larger sum of money than what was saved by my employer, it became apparent to me that Clement Stone, the Chicago, Illinois, insurance tycoon, was contacted after Nixon received my letter. Stone arrived at the White House for dinner on December 7, 1971, and pledged $1 million for Nixon's 1972 presidential campaign. His arrival occurred the day after Gordon Liddy was officially transferred from the White House to Nixon's re-election committee where he and Howard Hunt began to develop a spy plan that Liddy would call Gemstone. Liddy was told he could spend a million dollars on the project - the same amount Stone had pledged. Moreover, three days after Stone dined with Nixon, an extremely ominous threat on my life began.

It's noteworthy that Liddy approached Hunt in early April 1972 (this was shortly after John Mitchell agreed to give Gemstone a $250,000 budget) and asked him to take a plane to Chicago and deliver a sealed envelope containing cash to a young man he was to meet at Clement Stone's charitable foundation offices.

The young man Hunt met there could have been Thomas Visny, who was killed in an auto accident in early October 1972. Visny, who lived in the Chicago area, was recruited by Donald Segretti and his death occurred in southern Illinois - less than 10 miles from my home and shortly before the media exposed Segretti's activities. I believe Visny was one of the individuals who constantly called my home and said nothing when we answered the telephone.

Nixon must have considered Dorothy Hunt a major problem since he probably suspected that Howard was telling her about the criminal activities at the White House. And the fact that Dorothy was seeing a psychiatrist would indicate she wasn't able to cope with what she was hearing. As you probably know, Dorothy believed her psychiatrist and his wife were murdered on March 2, 1972, when the boat they were in disappeared.

After Howard Hunt was indicted by the Watergate grand jury on September 15, 1972, I recall that the judge issued an order that prevented Hunt from leaving the Washington D. C. area. I therefore believe somebody told Hunt that another trip to Stone's office was required and suggested that Dorothy, who was obviously aware of Howard's earlier trip in April, should carry out the mission. That would explain why she was on that sabotaged flight with the $10,000 in her purse.

There are a couple of other observations to be made regarding Clement Stone's significant involvement in the Watergate scandal. I noticed that he was Nixon's most vocal supporter during the Watergate era and that he provided Dwight Chapin a pay check before, during, and after Chapin's imprisonment. As I previously disclosed, Chapin recruited Segretti a couple of days after I met with the FBI agents.

I once believed that the full truth of the Watergate scandal would expose the malicious plutocracy and finally bring about the changes that are required to enhance the quality of human life. However, I found out that wealthy men, with the help of media executives and politicians, can easily cover up their crimes and thus prevent a fully informed population from abolishing an obsolete economic system that provides undeserved wealth for some and dire poverty for many. Unfortunately, the invincible power of the plutocrats will prevent any constructive change and mankind will continue down the path of self-destruction.

I hope this information helps you understand the genesis of Gemstone and how it eventually caused the death of Dorothy Hunt. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhuntD.htm

Questions:

1. Was there any concern at the White House or CIA about the possibility that Dorothy Hunt and Michele Clark of 60 Minutes were in touch with each other?

2. Did it set off alarms at the White House or CIA when Hunt and Clark got on the same plane?

3. Would that explain why 50(?) FBI agents were waiting for the flight in Chicago?

4. Could the $10,000 in Hunt's possession have come from CBS through Michele Clark?

Questions:

1. Was there any concern at the White House or CIA about the possibility that Dorothy Hunt and Michele Clark of 60 Minutes were in touch with each other?

2. Did it set off alarms at the White House or CIA when Hunt and Clark got on the same plane?

3. Would that explain why 50(?) FBI agents were waiting for the flight in Chicago?

4. Could the $10,000 in Hunt's possession have come from CBS through Michele Clark?

Interesting questions. Have you any information that will help answer these questions?

Questions:

Interesting questions. Have you any information that will help answer these questions?

John,

My questions were in response to your Watergate informant's invitation. They are not based on any inside information but it seems probable that if Dorothy Hunt (a former CIA agent married to another CIA agent with decades of involvement in the CIA's most sensitive operations) were making threats to reveal damaging information sufficient to "blow the White House out of the water", she would have been under some kind of surveillance. If Hunt intended to pass documents to Clark on the plane in exchange for $10,000, they probably had several clandestine meetings beforehand to work out the details. Making the surreptitious exchange on a plane might have seemed like a good idea at the time. Both women probably would have assumed that they were being watched and would have taken precautions to keep their meeting and the exchange secret. Even so, the White House may well have been aware of the meetings. They may not have known their substance, but they could certainly make a good guess.

By that time, (even if nothing was going on between the two women) if Dorothy Hunt was spotted getting on a plane with a 60 Minutes reporter, an alarm would have been sounded by someone.

If there was sufficient concern by the White House about the Hunts and Michele Clark, dispatching the FBI in force to the Chicago airport to arrest both Hunt and Clark (and possibly Congressman Collins) before they could do any damage seems like a logical thing to do. I include Collins because it seems likely that the White House would assume that the two Black Chicagoans with leftist backgrounds and positions of importance to the Black community could be working together on the Watergate scandal.

I continue to believe that the airplane crash was an accident. Bad as Nixon was, I don't think that he would have ordered the sabotage of a commercial airliner just to silence a blackmailer. If he was that ruthless, it would not have been such a hit-or-miss crash. It would have been staged in such a way to ensure that there would be no survivors. Also. murdering Dorothy Hunt would have been too risky as it would have turned the hitherto loyal Howard Hunt into a dangerous foe. Intimidating CBS into silence, however, was certainly not beyond the limits of Nixon's power or scruples.

• 3 months later...

Email from someone who was close to Richard Nixon during the Watergate crisis:

First of all, I've never found a reason to believe there was a connection between Michele Clark and the $10,000 that Dorothy Hunt was carrying because I don't believe the obsequious executives at CBS at that time would have provided Ms. Clark with money to acquire Watergate information in view of the fact that the White House intimidated all the major networks in the fall of 1971 to discourage the news groups from exposing Richard Nixon's criminal activities. You may recall that the Washington Post was the only news organization that showed any interest in the June 17, 1972 arrests of the Watergate burglars. The intimidation of the networks began shortly after I told the two FBI agents I met with on September 21, 1971 that I was going to contact the media to report their failure to uphold the law. Mr. Nixon, who had orchestrated the obstruction of justice on September 17th, was obviously worried about my threat because the White House quickly put pressure on the networks. Subsequently, White House special counsel Charles Colson provided Nixon with an update and the following memo was sent to chief of staff H R. Haldeman:

EYES ONLY

October 21, 1971 TO: H. R. Haldeman

RE: CBS

We have been putting some very intense pressure on CBS through their affiliate board. I just obtained a copy of a memo from Salant [CBS News President Richard Salant] to one of his assistants which would indicate that perhaps the pressures are doing some good. As you will see Salantis really putting the heat on Marvin Kalb [a CBS news reporter]. I don't know whether this proves anything but it's clear that continuous pressure does at least penetrate the news organizations to some extent.

Also, I do believe Nixon would have brought down an airplane to kill Mrs. Hunt because that crime was only one of the major offenses associated with Watergate. The criminality was so unconscionable that I came to strongly suspect Mr. Nixon and his wealthy supporters were behind the assassinations that started the year after Nixon lost the 1962 gubernatorial race in California. By murdering Medgar Evers, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, and the Kennedy brothers in the short 5-year span, the greedy plutocrats put an end to the men's efforts to establish some economic justice and enabled the then former vice-president Nixon to win the presidency in 1968.

Finally, the question regarding the numerous FBI agents at the Chicago plane crash scene. When it became apparent to me that the Washington Democrats were going to cover up all the crimes that led to the spying activities at the Democratic National Committee headquarters, I inadvertently started the chain of events that led to Nixon's decision to select acting FBI director L. Patrick Gray to be the permanent director. The sequence started on January 13, 1973, when I sent a letter to FBI special agent-in-charge Robert Kunkel, whom Gray had transferred from the Washington D. C. field office to St. Louis, Missouri in November 1972. My letter, which contained no indication that I had already given the Watergate motive information to George McGovern's presidential campaign officials, provided Kunkel with a full explanation of the Watergate break-in. In his very prompt letter of response on January 16th, Kunkel didn't address the major facts I disclosed and he flatly rejected my logical assertion that my former employer was involved in the $25,000 cashiers check that was deposited in the bank account of Bernard Barker, one of the arrested Watergate burglars.

Following my letter exchange with Kunkel, the FBI arrested Les Whitten on January 31, 1973, and subpoenaed his and Jack Anderson's long-distance phone records for the previous six-month period. Whitten and Anderson were investigative reporters who worked at the Washington Merry-Go-Round. I had met with Whitten in Washington on March 27, 1972 to see if he would help me expose the FBI's misconduct. In a letter dated March 30th - which the FBI obviously observed before it was placed in my mail box - Whitten advised me that the Washington Merry-Go-Round would not be able to help me due to its limited staff. Nixon, who was obviously told about my meeting with Whitten, must have wanted the phone records examined to see if Whitten or Anderson had made contact with me after the Washington Post, on July 31, 1972 began reporting on the aforementioned cashiers check and four Mexican bank drafts totaling $89,000 that were also deposited in Barker's account. I had personal knowledge that one of my former employer's several businesses in Mexico City had a checking account with the same Mexico City bank that issued those drafts and I made that fact known in a letter I sent to one of McGovern's campaign officials.

After the FBI examined the phone records and confirmed that neither reporter had contacted me, the White House made a February 17, 1973 announcement of Nixon's fateful decision to select Gray as the permanent FBI director. As you might recall, the Gray confirmation hearings established the fact that Gray destroyed documents that were found in Howard Hunt's White House safe and that he kept John Dean informed on the status of the Watergate investigation. Since Gray was actively involved in the Watergate cover-up, I believe he must have known about Nixon's dastardly plan to eliminate Mrs. Hunt. And by dispatching the many agents to the vicinity of Chicago's Midway Airport prior to the plane crash he was able to take immediate control of the investigation and initiate the cover-up that followed.

Email from someone who was close to Richard Nixon during the Watergate crisis:

First of all, I've never found a reason to believe there was a connection between Michele Clark and the $10,000 that Dorothy Hunt was carrying because I don't believe the obsequious executives at CBS at that time would have provided Ms. Clark with money to acquire Watergate information in view of the fact that the White House intimidated all the major networks in the fall of 1971 to discourage the news groups from exposing Richard Nixon's criminal activities. You may recall that the Washington Post was the only news organization that showed any interest in the June 17, 1972 arrests of the Watergate burglars. The intimidation of the networks began shortly after I told the two FBI agents I met with on September 21, 1971 that I was going to contact the media to report their failure to uphold the law. Mr. Nixon, who had orchestrated the obstruction of justice on September 17th, was obviously worried about my threat because the White House quickly put pressure on the networks. Subsequently, White House special counsel Charles Colson provided Nixon with an update and the following memo was sent to chief of staff H R. Haldeman:

EYES ONLY

October 21, 1971 TO: H. R. Haldeman

RE: CBS

We have been putting some very intense pressure on CBS through their affiliate board. I just obtained a copy of a memo from Salant [CBS News President Richard Salant] to one of his assistants which would indicate that perhaps the pressures are doing some good. As you will see Salantis really putting the heat on Marvin Kalb [a CBS news reporter]. I don't know whether this proves anything but it's clear that continuous pressure does at least penetrate the news organizations to some extent.

Also, I do believe Nixon would have brought down an airplane to kill Mrs. Hunt because that crime was only one of the major offenses associated with Watergate. The criminality was so unconscionable that I came to strongly suspect Mr. Nixon and his wealthy supporters were behind the assassinations that started the year after Nixon lost the 1962 gubernatorial race in California. By murdering Medgar Evers, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, and the Kennedy brothers in the short 5-year span, the greedy plutocrats put an end to the men's efforts to establish some economic justice and enabled the then former vice-president Nixon to win the presidency in 1968.

Finally, the question regarding the numerous FBI agents at the Chicago plane crash scene. When it became apparent to me that the Washington Democrats were going to cover up all the crimes that led to the spying activities at the Democratic National Committee headquarters, I inadvertently started the chain of events that led to Nixon's decision to select acting FBI director L. Patrick Gray to be the permanent director. The sequence started on January 13, 1973, when I sent a letter to FBI special agent-in-charge Robert Kunkel, whom Gray had transferred from the Washington D. C. field office to St. Louis, Missouri in November 1972. My letter, which contained no indication that I had already given the Watergate motive information to George McGovern's presidential campaign officials, provided Kunkel with a full explanation of the Watergate break-in. In his very prompt letter of response on January 16th, Kunkel didn't address the major facts I disclosed and he flatly rejected my logical assertion that my former employer was involved in the $25,000 cashiers check that was deposited in the bank account of Bernard Barker, one of the arrested Watergate burglars.

Following my letter exchange with Kunkel, the FBI arrested Les Whitten on January 31, 1973, and subpoenaed his and Jack Anderson's long-distance phone records for the previous six-month period. Whitten and Anderson were investigative reporters who worked at the Washington Merry-Go-Round. I had met with Whitten in Washington on March 27, 1972 to see if he would help me expose the FBI's misconduct. In a letter dated March 30th - which the FBI obviously observed before it was placed in my mail box - Whitten advised me that the Washington Merry-Go-Round would not be able to help me due to its limited staff. Nixon, who was obviously told about my meeting with Whitten, must have wanted the phone records examined to see if Whitten or Anderson had made contact with me after the Washington Post, on July 31, 1972 began reporting on the aforementioned cashiers check and four Mexican bank drafts totaling $89,000 that were also deposited in Barker's account. I had personal knowledge that one of my former employer's several businesses in Mexico City had a checking account with the same Mexico City bank that issued those drafts and I made that fact known in a letter I sent to one of McGovern's campaign officials.

After the FBI examined the phone records and confirmed that neither reporter had contacted me, the White House made a February 17, 1973 announcement of Nixon's fateful decision to select Gray as the permanent FBI director. As you might recall, the Gray confirmation hearings established the fact that Gray destroyed documents that were found in Howard Hunt's White House safe and that he kept John Dean informed on the status of the Watergate investigation. Since Gray was actively involved in the Watergate cover-up, I believe he must have known about Nixon's dastardly plan to eliminate Mrs. Hunt. And by dispatching the many agents to the vicinity of Chicago's Midway Airport prior to the plane crash he was able to take immediate control of the investigation and initiate the cover-up that followed.

Thanks for the response. I have another question. Was there any perceived connection at the Nixon White House between Michele Clark and Dorothy Hunt? (never mind the $10,000)

I am, however, still of the opinion that there may have been a few executives at CBS News who might have made an attempt to stand up to the Nixon White House, otherwise, the White House would not have felt the need to apply pressure. Colson says as much in his letter to Haldeman. Ultimately, CBS Corporate may have caved but I am sure that there were a few people at CBS News who resented the pressure, remembered their journalistic heritage, and tried to hold on to their self-respect by fighting back against the most dangerous man in American political history.

• 1 year later...

Chuck Colson told Tme Mag. on 7/8/74:

"I don't say this to my people. They'd think I'm nuts. I think the CIA killed Dorothy Hunt".

The July 8, 1974 Time article can be found here:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...43904-1,00.html

But not a word about Dorothy Hunt.

Update: oops - the link i quoted doesn't show the whole article. The quote is actually in the article. See:

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,943904,00.html

sorry

Edited by Gary Buell

• 3 months later...
Guest Tom Scully
I am sorry to see that interest in this thread has pretty much expired. I am wondering if any new facts have emerged since the death of Howard Hunt.

Have you read the NTSB report on it's investigation of the crash of Dorothy Hunt's flight?

http://libraryonline.erau.edu/online-full-...ts/AAR73-16.pdf

They determined the most likely cause to be "pilot error".

Read page 39, it shows the captain and crew to be competent and extremely experienced. The 737-200 was only four years old, with less than 8000

hours on the airframe and even less hours on each of it's two engines. There were 18 survivors of the crash, out of 53 souls on board.

If the CIA selected that flight and crew, and was able to engineer a last minute abort landing and fly around order from the tower to that flight;

records show it was due to landing congestion.....and, successfully kill the intended passenger, and obtain the crash investigation outcome it desired,

then killing Castro, JFK, or anybody else, while leaving no trace back to the CIA, should have been a piece of cake operation.

Most likely is that Colson was a nut, stressed to the max after arrest, trial, a looming prison sentence, and the implosion of his leader, Nixon.

Colson "went to Jesus", as a result of his experiences.

....And, if your reaction is to chalk this post as coming from someone who does not have an open mind, consider that I have written;

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=161072 ...about the suspicious deaths of back to back, former US Secretaries of War, Patterson and Forrestal. The Willicutts report on the death of Forrestal was buried for 55 years, and the 1952 crash of Patterson's airline flight in Newark, NJ, killed all aboard, and no cause for the crash was ever determined.

Consider that those two suspicious deaths, even shrouded as they are behind a buried inquiry result....the press did not even cover the FOIA forced release of the Willicutts report, and the very rare, lack of determination of cause of the 1952 Newark crash that killed Robert Patterson, resulted in not a ripple of concern from the public, or....on the surface, from the government.

The circumstances of the crash and NTSB findings related to the death of Dorothy Hunt, do not rise near to the level of suspicion related to the circumstances of the deaths in my two other examples.

IMO, there are more promising leads to investigate, than Dorothy Hunt's death and Charles Colson's rantings.

Edited by Tom Scully

I am sorry to see that interest in this thread has pretty much expired. I am wondering if any new facts have emerged since the death of Howard Hunt.

Have you read the NTSB report on it's investigation of the crash of Dorothy Hunt's flight?

http://libraryonline.erau.edu/online-full-...ts/AAR73-16.pdf

They determined the most likely cause to be "pilot error".

Read page 39, it shows the captain and crew to be competent and extremely experienced. The 737-200 was only four years old, with less than 8000

hours on the airframe and even less hours on each of it's two engines. There were 18 survivors of the crash, out of 53 souls on board.

If the CIA selected that flight and crew, and was able to engineer a last minute abort landing and fly around order from the tower to that flight;

records show it was due to landing congestion.....and, successfully kill the intended passenger, and obtain the crash investigation outcome it desired,

then killing Castro, JFK, or anybody else, while leaving no trace back to the CIA, should have been a piece of cake operation.

Most likely is that Colson was a nut, stressed to the max after arrest, trial, a looming prison sentence, and the implosion of his leader, Nixon.

Colson "went to Jesus", as a result of his experiences.

....And, if your reaction is to chalk this post as coming from someone who does not have an open mind, consider that I have written;

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=161072 ...about the suspicious deaths of back to back, former US Secretaries of War, Patterson and Forrestal. The Willicutts report on the death of Forrestal was buried for 55 years, and the 1952 crash of Patterson's airline flight in Newark, NJ, killed all aboard, and no cause for the crash was ever determined.

Consider that those two suspicious deaths, even shrouded as they are behind a buried inquiry result....the press did not even cover the FOIA forced release of the Willicutts report, and the very rare, lack of determination of cause of the 1952 Newark crash that killed Robert Patterson, resulted in not a ripple of concern from the public, or....on the surface, from the government.

The circumstances of the crash and NTSB findings related to the death of Dorothy Hunt, do not rise near to the level of suspicion related to the circumstances of the deaths in my two other examples.

IMO, there are more promising leads to investigate, than Dorothy Hunt's death and Charles Colson's rantings.

Tom,

Thanks for leading me to the NTSB report. It was very interesting. Since I am primarily interested in Richard Nixon's presidency, the deaths of the two Secretaries of War back in the 40s and 50s don't seem particularly relevant to my area of reseach, unless you know of some particular connection.