The Education Forum

My personal C.T. (rife with flaws)

Right on Mark!

Through ingeniously clever and consistent political maneuvering, the Kennedy Brothers accomplished quite a political feat! They united the Yankees and the Cowboys! Is there any potential enemy that they missed?

Charlie Black

Edited by Charles Black

Greg wrote:

I’ll bet Felipe Vidal Santiago’s declarations to the exile groups operating out of south Florida about the Kennedy administration’s olive branch to Castro went over very well. Perhaps Felipe and David Morales discussed it over tea and decided to just scrap their plans re: Cuba and open a flower shop together in Little Havana.

Greg, and the source for the fact that Vidal Santiago was spreading this information among the South Florida exiles is . . . none other than Fabian Escalante, one of the plotters! (He was also in Dealey Plaza.)

So I suppose you also believed Simpson that drug lords killed Nicole. There's nothing like getting information from one of the plotters.

I hate to sound sarcastic, but you know not whereof you speak. You claim the Kennedys were only "paying lip service" to the idea of a second invasion of Cuba. Talk, of course, is cheap. Therefore I assume you assert that the Kennedy administration was giving no more (just talk) to the Second Naval Guerilla or to Artime.

Please check your facts and then correct your post. If what you have read does not detail the extent to which the Kennedy Administration was funding the Second Naval Guerilla, and how much it was paying Artime, then you are not reading the right information.

Major players in the Kennedy anti-Castro campaign were Joseph Califano and his aide, Alexander Haig. Both of whom think Castro did it.

Now who do you HONESTLY think knows more about what was going on back then? You, who were not even born then (and are obviously not "up to speed" on AMTRUNK, the Second Naval Guerilla, Artime, etc) or Califano and Haig?

Do you even know what AMTRUNK was? Have you read the CIA memo re AMTRUNK? Have you read Califano's memoirs? Haig's? I somehow suspect not.

Why don't you research what was really going on back then and then do your posts. Understand I know all about the peace initiatives. The question is how to reconcile the apparently irreconcilable policies.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Greg wrote:

I’ll bet Felipe Vidal Santiago’s declarations to the exile groups operating out of south Florida about the Kennedy administration’s olive branch to Castro went over very well. Perhaps Felipe and David Morales discussed it over tea and decided to just scrap their plans re: Cuba and open a flower shop together in Little Havana.

Greg, and the source for the fact that Vidal Santiago was spreading this information among the South Florida exiles is . . . none other than Fabian Escalante, one of the plotters!  (He was also in Dealey Plaza.)

So I suppose you also believed Simpson that drug lords killed Nicole.  There's nothing like getting information from one of the plotters.

I hate to sound sarcastic, but you know not whereof you speak.  You claim the Kennedys were only "paying lip service" to the idea of a second invasion of Cuba. Talk, of course, is cheap.  Therefore I assume you assert that the Kennedy administration was giving no more (just talk) to the Second Naval Guerilla or to Artime.

Please check your facts and then correct your post.  If what you have read does not detail the extent to which the Kennedy Administration was funding the Second Naval Guerilla, and how much it was paying Artime, then you are not reading the right information.

Major players in the Kennedy anti-Castro campaign were Joseph Califano and his aide, Alexander Haig.  Both of whom think Castro did it.

Now who do you HONESTLY think knows more about what was going on back then?  You, who were not even born then (and are obviously not "up to speed" on AMTRUNK, the Second Naval Guerilla, Artime, etc) or Califano and Haig?

Do you even know what AMTRUNK was?  Have you read the CIA memo re AMTRUNK?  Have you read Califano's memoirs?  Haig's?  I somehow suspect not.

Why don't you research what was really going on back then and then do your posts.  Understand I know all about the peace initiatives.  The question is how to reconcile the apparently irreconcilable policies.

I'm sure Haig knew PLENTY about what was really going on back then. But I wouldn't trust him any more than you trust Escalante.

All right, then, let's go with Haig's boss, adviser to three Democrat Presidents, Joseph Califano!

That "Castro did it" is not right-wing; it is simply right!

So have you figured out yet in cold dollars how much "lip service" the Kennedys were paying to Second Naval Guerilla and Manuel Artime?