The Education Forum

Dr. Jose Rivera

Edisen remembers Rivera then being "agitated and excited. He began talking strangely about 'it' happening" and drew a diagram on a napkin, almost incoherent and very agitated. "It will be on the fifth floor, there'll be some men up there," he said. Edisen quoted Rivera as saying nonsensical things like, "Oswald was not what he seems. We're going to send him to the library to read about great assassinations in history. After it's over, he'll call Abt to defend him. After it happens, the President's best friend will commit suicide. He'll jump out of a window because of his grief... It will happened after the Shriners' Circus comes to New Orleans. After it's over, the men will be out of the country. Remember, the first time it happens won't be real."

This is of course Grant Stockdale. Not only was he close to JFK but a business partner of Bobby Baker.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKstockdale.htm

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He'll call Abt to defend him." (Oswald did try to reach John Abt after he was captured.) . . .

"After it's over, someone will kill him. They'll say his best friend killed him." (He was referring

to Oswald.)

The Abt reference seems like a very odd thing for Rivera to say, because it implies that the capture of Oswald was part of the assassination plan, hence Oswald would seek a lawyer. It seems more likely that Oswald was either to be killed immediately, or killed after being taken out of the country (ostensibly on his way to Cuba), and something went wrong, resulting in his capture, which in turn resulted in the desperate measure of Jack Ruby having to rub him out at the police station. The assassins would simply not want Oswald captured as he was.

Whom might Oswald's "best friend" refer to? If I had to name an Oswald best friend, it would be de Mohrenschildt. Is it conceivable that that was the plan? (Wasn't de Mohrenschildt in Haiti?) Or the "best friend" could have been some supposed cohort of Oswald (one of his fellow Rb"shooters") in the flight to Cuba, if that was the planned scenario for his elimination.

The part about Oswald's best friend above did not appear in the story that appeared in Bill's article in the Fourth Decade in November 1999. See link at http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=9 at page 11. That's also how it appears at http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKrivera.htm.

Edisen remembers Rivera then being "agitated and excited. He began talking strangely about 'it' happening" and drew a diagram on a napkin, almost incoherent and very agitated. "It will be on the fifth floor, there'll be some men up there," he said. Edisen quoted Rivera as saying nonsensical things like, "Oswald was not what he seems. We're going to send him to the library to read about great assassinations in history. After it's over, he'll call Abt to defend him. After it happens, the President's best friend will commit suicide. He'll jump out of a window because of his grief... It will happened after the Shriners' Circus comes to New Orleans. After it's over, the men will be out of the country. Remember, the first time it happens won't be real."

Linda,

I appreciate your references to the Nix film, Orville Nix interviews, and I thank you so much for this material which I have not seen before.

The question that was posed by Ron and yourself concerning John Abt, the New York attorney who defended people accused of being communists and 'fellow travelers' is an easy one to answer.

As I had pointed out, Oswald was supposed to be a communist-oriented Marxist who went to the Soviet Union as a supposed defector from the United States, but he really was working for the CIA, Naval Intelligence and so on. He was, as Jim Garrison pointed out, being "sheep-dipped", made to appear to be a pro-Castro, pro-communist who could be used as the patsy to cover up a right-wing conspiracy to assassinate the US President. It was an act. As part of this act he was to call an attorney upon his arrest who defended communists and those accused of being communists under the Smith-McCarren Act, which had made belonging to the Communist Party a crime. Until this act was passed, the Communist Party was a legitimate political party with presidential and lower level candidates running for various political offices.

It is ironic that, according to Drew Pearson, (a colleague of Jack Anderson, the political columnist), Joseph McCarthy, the rabid anti-communist senator from Wisconsin, in the beginning of his political career, ran on a platform almost identical to that of the then legitimate Communist Party and was elected to a minor political position. This is from Drew Pearson's biography of Joseph McCarthy.

As you may know, many labor leaders, civil rights workers, motion picture stars, screen writers, directors, playwrights, university professors. federal employees, even General George C. Marshall of the US Army, were accused and attacked by Joseph McCarthy and his two legal colleagues of being traitors and "fellow travelers and communists". People in the 1950s had to sign "loyalty oaths" disavowing any belief or interest in communism to keep their jobs.

That Cold War climate persisted beyond the 1950s into the 1960s and on. Cuba was a threat, and some elements in the military and the CIA were itching to invade Cuba, even though it was no threat to the US. A 'false flag' operation was created so that an excuse could be made to iinvade Cuba. President John Kennedy was preventing all this, and for several other reasons, he had to be eliminated. So Oswald and his pro-Russian stance was necessary, as was his call to John Abt, if it came to that.

As for the 'best friend' scenario, be aware that there were two, maybe even more, Oswalds. There was 'Harvey' Oswald, as John Armstrong designated one of the the two significant ones.

Harvey was the shorter one, 5'8-9" tall who spoke fluent Russian, enough to fool Marina. The other was 'Lee" Oswald who was 5'11" tall and who resembled the other Oswald quite a bit. It was Harvey who was killed by Jack Ruby. It's doubtful that 'Harvey' Knew Jack Ruby, but some people did see an Oswald look-alike at the Carousel Club. Beverly Oliver claimed she was introduced to someone named Lee Harvey Oswald by Jack Ruby at his Carousel Club, for example.

Perhaps the original plan called for someone else to shoot Oswald, but the plan didn't have a designated shooter at the time. Anyone could have killed him, as at the Texas Theater where the police captured Harvey Oswald. The 'friendship' matter would be added on later.

Actually. it seems the plan was to have Oswald shoot Tippit at the Texas Theater, Gordon McLendon (one of Jack Ruby's six closest of friends, according to Ruby) who owned Radio Station KLIF in Dallas, broadcast that as havind occured at the Texas Theater. I have four friends who heard the radio broadcasts that afternoon and always thought that Officer Tippit died at the Texas Theater. Two of these friends have since died, but the other two are still alive. I took one friend with me to Dallas for the November meetings of Lancer and COPA in 2001. We took the bus tour offered by Lancer to the significant sites related to the assassination. When we came to Tenth and Patton Streets where Officer Tippitt had been killed, she was shocked and told me she always thought he had been killed at the Theater. That was the plan, that Oswald would be approached by Tippit; he would kill Tippit (or someone else would do it for him) and then one of the policemen would kill Oswald.

However, something went awry, and McLendon's premature broadcast on Station KLIF was carried to other radio stations throughout the US. McLendon was CIA - the Far Eastern Division, and I believe, very much a part of the planning of the entire operation. Audio recordings of KLIF broadcasts may be found on the internet. I first heard this re-broadcast on the internet of Radio Station KRLD's commemorative broadcast on the 35h anniversary of the

assassination. It may still be on the internet.

The plotters covered all contingencies. If Oswald lived long enough he would need a lawyer.

A defender of communists was necessary to keep up the story (legend) of Oswald as a Marxist, and a friend of Castro, etc... Someone had told him to call Abt, and he just followed orders.

In 1976 I wrote a narrative for my attorney, Mr. Jack Peebles, for safekeeping ion the event something untoward might happen to me. I wanted a written record since my Freedom of Information Act requests were not producing any records of my interview with the US Secret Service and FBI. A copy was also given to my physician at the time. The 'best friend' of Oswald statement is in there. I did not write any of the references that were cited in this thread. Bill Kelly wrote one of the references you gave, and I think John Simkin wrote the other one.

Linda and Ron and Peter, I appreciate your comments and questions. I hope I have given you a satisfactory answer for your concerns.

Adele

Actually. it seems the plan was to have Oswald shoot Tippit at the Texas Theater. . . . Oswald would be approached by Tippit; he would kill Tippit (or someone else would do it for him) and then one of the policemen would kill Oswald.

That's an interesting theory. It's possible that Tippit was shot by someone unrelated to the plot, and that would of course prevent Tippit from getting to the theater. But why would the plotters tell Oswald to shoot a designated cop, or any cop, at the theater? (Why would the plotters tell him to get caught by the cops in the first place? Wouldn't he find that odd?) Why would Oswald do it, ensuring that he would be gunned down by the other cops? It seems more likely that Oswald would not shoot anyone, whether told to or not, but would choose to live and make that phone call to Abt.

Edited by Ron Ecker

"He'll call Abt to defend him." (Oswald did try to reach John Abt after he was captured.) . . .

"After it's over, someone will kill him. They'll say his best friend killed him." (He was referring

to Oswald.)

The Abt reference seems like a very odd thing for Rivera to say, because it implies that the capture of Oswald was part of the assassination plan, hence Oswald would seek a lawyer. It seems more likely that Oswald was either to be killed immediately, or killed after being taken out of the country (ostensibly on his way to Cuba), and something went wrong, resulting in his capture, which in turn resulted in the desperate measure of Jack Ruby having to rub him out at the police station. The assassins would simply not want Oswald captured as he was.

Whom might Oswald's "best friend" refer to? If I had to name an Oswald best friend, it would be de Mohrenschildt. Is it conceivable that that was the plan? (Wasn't de Mohrenschildt in Haiti?) Or the "best friend" could have been some supposed cohort of Oswald (one of his fellow "shooters") in the flight to Cuba, if that was the planned scenario for his elimination.

The part about Oswald's best friend above did not appear in the story that appeared in Bill's article in the Fourth Decade in November 1999. See link at http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=9 at page 11. That's also how it appears at http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKrivera.htm.

Rivera also mentioned Abt to Adele over dinner, as mentioned in the Fourth Decade article ("He asked me if I knew Abt").

Apt, the lawyer, also comes into play during the I Led Three Lives story, in which commies take over the Board of Education of some small Massachusetts town, exposed by undercover FBI agent provokateur Herbert Philbrick, LHO's early favorite author of TV series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Led_Three_Lives

According to Jean Hill, Philbrick also expressed foreknowledge of the assassination.

At one time, I gave each one of these statements attributed to Rivera a serial number and tried to check them out.

The "best friend" was probably Grant Stockdale, and there's a lot to work with there.

But I wouldn't be too quick to start speculating on how much of what transpired was actually part of the plot, and looked on as more of possible variables, especially regarding Tippit and Oswald murders.

I went looking for the Shriner's Circus in New Orleans and found it in support of Brookes Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Tex, where Rivera was stationed and where JFK made an official visit on the day before he was killed.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...t=0#entry149906

It doesn't appear that Rivera was doing the Deitrick research at Brookes, but was involved in something else.

While in DC, Adele recalled Rivera accidently ran into an old Army buddy, possibly from Texas.

"A tall, sharp-faced man hailed Rivera, addressing him as 'Colonel.' They spoke for quite a long while about their times together at an Army base. His friend spoke of his current work in the army on telemetry and some work with cameras and telephoto lenses."

Rivera later said, "We're photographing demonstrators with telephoto cameras from rooftops. We'll identify individual demonstrators and put their names in computer files. We've started this on the West Coast."

I think these were the guys who went to Dallas and reviewed (with Wes Wise) the news photos and film of the Stevenson demonstrators.

Now this photo telemetry is certainly out of Rivera's biological specialty, but a lot of those sciences overlap in research, and I think whatever it was they were doing at Brookes cuts to the heart of the matter, though I've been wrong before.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

As Adele and others have mentioned, and I agree, Abt was told to Oswald [who knows when in the scenario] to call if he ever got in legal trouble, as it would further sheep-dip him in the 'red' camp - even though he was working for US intelligence penetrating lefties. While IMO he showed upset and surprise at being arrested and charged with shooting both Tippit and JFK [and said so clearly and believably - visibly upset!], he probably was still sticking to his legend and called for Abt - thinking any lawyer is OK and certainly better than none. Remember he also said if he couldn't reach Abt, he'd consider the ACLU. Bill is correct, we can speculate from now 'till the CIA cows come home about the variants of the 'original plot'. It likely had some alternate plans; if X, then Y; if A, then B...etc. These planners were experts, and old hands at this kind of 'thing'. There was a prefered scenario, but both back-ups and alternates if certain things went astray. Most of us feel that something major went astray with Oswald afte the shooting, and it included Tippit and Oswalds arrest in some form; but even there there are many variants. If we assume Rivera was so prescient, what did he mean by ' remember the first time it happens it will not be real'?!...that is odd to me, unless a reference to Chicago, Tampa or Miami..... We are way off in speculationland, but sometimes it helps in the end....

It's fun to speculate, and sometimes the speculation proves correct, but for whatever reason, Adele's story and the association of Col. Jose Rivera with the assassination provides a lot of investigative leads that have yet to be followed.

Identification of Rivera's DC secretary, the two Army officers in the WWII era photo of Riveara, and the Army officer Rivera met in DC (who was involved in photographing demonstrators on the West Coast, identifying them through the photos and putting them in a computer data base), are all doable, and could lead to additional records and witnesses.

Rivera must have been a close associate of those plotting the murder of the President, or an active participant in the scheme, so the more that can be learned about him the easier it will be to identify his cohorts, if anybody is interested.

BK

I would be interested to know just why ADELE was chosen as a subject. Her tale has the

unmistakable air of truth to the smallest of details. I find particularly interesting the use

of the Lifesaver mints as a vehicle for drug ingestion. What I have never understood was

Rivera's foreknowledge of events, down to tiny details WHICH HAD TO BE PLANNED IN

ADVANCE, such as a phone number in New Orleans, assassination details, etc. I believe

Adele, but I find it HARD TO BELIEVE that such minute planning was done so far in advance

of November. And what was his motive in telling her these things? How was she to be used?

I feel that her story is just the tip of a very big PSY OP operation, and would lead somewhere

if we had the capability of penetrating the secrecy.

I hope Adele will not be insulted if I make what I think are pertinent observations:

Young female medical student: Adele, Judyth

Doing important medical research: Adele, Judyth

New Orleans: Adele, Judyth

Connections to important medical people: Adele, Judyth

Bizarre story relating to Lee Harvey Oswald: Adele, Judyth

Possible victim of mind control: Adele, Judyth

Foreknowledge of JFK assassination: Adele, Judyth

Is there a pattern here? Could there be a possible connection between these separate

strange events? I have long suspected that Judyth's strange tale could be an "implanted

memory" by hypnosis or other means WHICH SUCCEEDED. With Adele, the attempted

memory implant FAILED. If such happened, for what purpose was someone doing this?

And what was Rivera's role?

Jack

Edited by Jack White

It's fun to speculate, and sometimes the speculation proves correct, but for whatever reason, Adele's story and the association of Col. Jose Rivera with the assassination provides a lot of investigative leads that have yet to be followed.

Identification of Rivera's DC secretary, the two Army officers in the WWII era photo of Rivera, and the Army officer Rivera met in DC (who was involved in photographing demonstrators on the West Coast, identifying them through the photos and putting them in a computer data base), are all doable, and could lead to additional records and witnesses.

Rivera must have been a close associate of those plotting the murder of the President, or an active participant in the scheme, so the more that can be learned about him the easier it will be to identify his cohorts, if anybody is interested.

BK

In February 1971 Dr. Jose A. Rivera was among the delegation of Texas officials officially welcomed to Washington at a reception at the Smithsonian given by the Texas State Society. Also in attendance was the daughter of Col. Howard Burris, representing her long departed grandfather, Governor Beauford Jester. We can only wonder at the irony injected by the display of a statue at the reception created by Elizabet Ney, a famous 19th century sculptress who lived in Texas: Lady MacBeth, who could not wash the blood off her hands for the killing of her king. Shakespeare would have loved it.

See attached article in pdf.

Dr. Jose A. Rivera, who is in medical research at the NIH, and who worked at Brooke Medical Center for five years, came with his wife.

Kathryn Burris, granddaughter of former Governor Buford Jester and daughter of Col. Howard Burris of San Antonio attended the reception.

Mrs. Charles P. Cabell is always at the Texas gatherings with Dallas' representative and with Mrs. Earle Cabell. See

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_...e/rambler1.html

Texas_Delegation_1971.pdf

Edited by Linda Minor

Identification of Rivera's DC secretary, the two Army officers in the WWII era photo of Rivera, and the Army officer Rivera met in DC (who was involved in photographing demonstrators on the West Coast, identifying them through the photos and putting them in a computer data base), are all doable, and could lead to additional records and witnesses.

BK

In February 1971 Dr. Jose A. Rivera was among the delegation of Texas officials officially welcomed to Washington at a reception at the Smithsonian given by the Texas State Society. Also in attendance was the daughter of Col. Howard Burris, representing her long departed grandfather, Governor Beauford Jester. We can only wonder at the irony injected by the display of a statue at the reception created by Elizabet Ney, a famous 19th century sculptress who lived in Texas: Lady MacBeth, who could not wash the blood off her hands for the killing of her king. Shakespeare would have loved it.

Dr. Jose A. Rivera, who is in medical research at the NIH, and who worked at Brooke Medical Center for five years, came with his wife.

Kathryn Burris, granddaughter of former Governor Buford Jester and daughter of Col. Howard Burris of San Antonio attended the reception.

Mrs. Charles P. Cabell is always at the Texas gatherings with Dallas' representative and with Mrs. Earle Cabell. See

Well, that seems to place Rivera in the same room as Charles P. Cabell, doesn't it?

And it appears to be a very crowded room.

Was it Mae Brussell or John Judge who said that the best sources of accurate information are obits and society columns, which suddenly rings true.

Oh, And Jack White's points are well taken.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

In late November or early December, Dr. Sidney Harris, Chairman of the Department, told me that he had received a telephone call from a Dr. Jose Rivera of the NINDB informing him that I had been awarded a Fellowship, beginning January 1, 1963 for one year. It included a stipend (salary) and a small equipment grant to be used for my research on synaptic inhibition and excitation in the cat spinal cord.

Adele - please forgive me if you have already answered this question elsewhere, but was your conversation with Dr Sidney Harris in late 1962 the first occasion on which you had heard the name of Dr Jose Rivera?

If so, do you have any idea why Rivera was personally involved in awarding you an NINDB Fellowship?

Could Rivera, or key trusted colleagues of Rivera, have had any contact with you prior to your being awarded this Fellowship?

I do have reasons for asking these questions.

Thanks

Jan

Jan, This is now my third attempt to answer your questions. Somehow, and I don't understand how I have done it, but my almost completed reply suddenly disappears! I am starting now to save it to File as I go along. Please bear with me.

I do wish to thank you for your kind words in your earlier post. I want to comment and add to the psych material later (if I ever get this computer to behave).

Your first question: Yes. when Dr. Harris told me that I had been given the Fellowship award, it was the first time I had ever heard of Jose Rivera. That was in late November or early December 1962

When I applied for the Fellowship, I proposed to continue my investigations on synaptic excitation and inhibition of the monosynaptic reflexes of the mammalian spinal cord. This was my doctoral thesis work, completed in 1954, and continued with the support of two years of NIH Fellowships from the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Blindness (NINDB) in 1954-1956. My doctoral work included two hypotheses on the mechanism of synaptic excitation and on the mechanism of direct synaptic inhibition. The thesis work was published in the 1956 issue of the American Journal of Physiology. The subsequent studies were published also in the American Journal of Physiology in 1957.

During the intervening years until this Third-Year Fellowship I had gave birth to my children.

I think an application such as mine would have been given to NIH intramural and/or extramural scientists familiar with neurophysiology for evaluation. Members of the Training Grants and Awards Section were not necessarily able to evaluate such work; Rivera was a bacteriologist by training and education. He had failed to pass physiology courses in his second year of medical school in Washington, and he didn't seem to know much about the nervous system from what I could gather in conversation with him about my work and interests.

Furthermore, I think the Training Grants and Awards Section was primarily an administrative committee which provided information and funds to the award recipient's institution. Their job was not to make evaluations of the quality of research, but to carry out the needed functions for the institution and the recipient. This is my understanding

of the situation.

I can't think of anyone who would have known Rivera before my award, except Dr. Fred Brazda, Chairman of the Biochemistry Department at LSU. His department was across the hall from the Physiology Department, and I became acquainted with him when we'd meet at the water fountain in the hallway. I think Dr. Harris introduced us. Dr. Brazda knew I had graduated from the University of Chicago and he often asked me about the university because he wanted send his son there to the Collage. He never mentioned Rivera to me, but he might have known him from the time that Rivera was at Loyola University in New Orleans (1959-1961?) through local scientific meetings, or whatever.

Rivera mentioned Dr. Brazda's name to me in April of 1963, along with some other names, some of whom I only knew by name or very brief encounters.

Adele

Actually. it seems the plan was to have Oswald shoot Tippit at the Texas Theater. . . . Oswald would be approached by Tippit; he would kill Tippit (or someone else would do it for him) and then one of the policemen would kill Oswald.

That's an interesting theory. It's possible that Tippit was shot by someone unrelated to the plot, and that would of course prevent Tippit from getting to the theater. But why would the plotters tell Oswald to shoot a designated cop, or any cop, at the theater? (Why would the plotters tell him to get caught by the cops in the first place? Wouldn't he find that odd?) Why would Oswald do it, ensuring that he would be gunned down by the other cops? It seems more likely that Oswald would not shoot anyone, whether told to or not, but would choose to live and make that phone call to Abt.

It seems to have been the original idea of the conspirators, otherwise why would Gordon McLendon have announced the officer's death at the Texas Theater on his broadcast on Radio Station KLIF? Oswald (Harvey) was most likely lured to the thaeter - to meet his handler? there. Both Oswalds, I think, were there at the theater. One goes in without paying, goes up to the balcony, sneaks out the back door of the theater and is seen being put into a police car in the back alley and is driven away.

The plotters wouldn't have needed to tell Oswald to shoot Tippit. If the plot had worked out as planned, it would have been easy for another policeman to shoot Tippit at the theater in the melee that would have ensued when Oswald was surrounded and captured. The proper revolver bullets/cartridges would have been used or planted as evidence to match Oswald's pistol. A mistake made at Tenth and Patton Streets was that automatic cartridges were left on the ground. Oswald was carrying a pistol, not an automatic.

Not only would this make Oswald look like a vicious killer, but also allow another policeman to kill him for "killing a policeman", just as the crime committed at Tenth and Patton Streets was used. Some Dallas policemen were involved with the CIA.

Adele

BK

Well, that seems to place Rivera in the same room as Charles P. Cabell, doesn't it?

Was it Mae Brussell or John Judge who said that the best sources of accurate information are obits and society columns, which suddenly rings true.

BK

Interesting set of friends he had and people he knew! He gets more interesting the more one looks! Perhaps the reason he didn't publish much was he was a lousy scientist and perhaps it was because he was not primarily a scientist/researcher, but rather under the cover of one - much the way Didi Morales was listed as in the Army, but worked for the CIA, etc. I wonder what Rivera's reall affiliation was - let alone his real job?

Even more than placing Dr. Rivera in the room with the wives of the Cabell brothers from Dallas, who may well be the ones who set up the annual reception, was the mention of his having been at Brooke Army Medical Center for five years prior to his appointment to the NIH. Brooke is in San Antonio, located at Fort Sam Houston, the military base where Robert E. Lee, Pershing, Arthur MacArthur, Eisenhower and Douglas MacArthur each was assigned at different (sometimes overlapping) times.

Even more interesting, to me, is the naming of Kathryn Burris as being in attendance on that occasion in 1971. Her father Col. Howard Burris had been in charge of LBJ's inauguration activities in 1965 and was mentioned by Richard Bartholomew in his insightful manuscript, Possible Discovery of an Automobile Used In the JFK Conspiracy--the link to which I posted earlier. Therein, Richard stated, after showing that George DeMohrenschildt attempted to get help from LBJ by dropping the name of mutual friends, Howard and Barbara Jester Burris:

As previously mentioned, Howard Burris was Vice President Johnson's military representative and an Air Force intelligence officer. He is also much more.98

John Newman first learned of Howard Burris in the course of researching his book,
JFK and Vietnam
. Newman connected Burris with a pattern of gross deceptions involving battlefield statistics that took place in 1962. Kennedy and McNamara were being lied to while Johnson was being given the truth through a secret back-channel.
The end point of that secret back-channel was Howard Burris
. Burris would write the final memoranda that Johnson received concerning combat intelligence. Newman had discovered a foreign policy situation where the President and the Vice President were getting briefed in opposite terms. It is comparable to a hypothetical situation in which, during Operation Desert Storm, George Bush is lied to and Dan Quayle gets the truth about the status of the U.S. led coalition forces in the Persian Gulf.99

"I often get asked," Newman said, "about what was the exact back-channel. How did it function? How did it get there? And the best I can determine f
rom ground zero in Vietnam all the way back to the Vice President's desk is a chain of Air Force intelligence officers all the way to Burris
."100

In May 1961, during the Johnson trip to Vietnam,
Burris was being rehearsed on how to control LBJ
in the context of that trip. He was told what he could say or could not say to the vice president; which is amazing because ostensibly he works for the vice president. No one should be able to tell an Air Force colonel what he can and cannot tell to a vice president. The question is: Who is telling him? The answer is
the boys in the woodwork

There is another time period in Newman's book which deals with the back-channel to LBJ. Newman had long discussions with Burris about where he got this. "And the answer was
the boys in the woodwork
. And the question was: Who are the boys in the woodwork? And the answer was: `Well I'd rather not really say and bring all of that up. You, I know, you're one of them.' Alright, I'm military, I also have an intelligence background. Peter Dale Scott and I have been working very closely on a number of issues. He's writing a book as a matter of fact. He was assuming for a while that it was military. And I said, `Peter, it may not be that. It may be Langley.' He said, `Why do you say that?'
Well there's
one more piece
. Burris told me that later on
, `McCone put a stop to what I was getting from him.' This was relating to the combat intelligence. McCone was directing CIA. And all of the clues I got out of this fellow on who his contacts were -- my own interpretation was that they were in fact CIA. I don't know that for sure."101

Information about Burris originally began to surface with the book
The Senator Must Die
by Robert Morrow. Morrow wrote about two colonels whom he did not name. In 1977 a young man was hitchhiking in Baltimore who had a story he wanted to tell about his father's involvement in the Kennedy assassination. Robert Morrow happened to pick him up.102

The young man learned that Morrow had investigated aspects of the JFK assassination.
He told Morrow a story about his father, a former Air Force intelligence officer, who was involved in the Kennedy assassination.
The young man had witnessed
his father, who was very close to Lyndon Johnson, taking money to Haiti during 1963
. Not only did he see the money he heard the telephone conversations as well.103

Not really believing him, Morrow put the story out of his mind -- until the Colonel, the young man's father, went to his son's girlfriend and confessed. He said, "Everything my son told you (to the girlfriend and to Morrow) is true. Can you get me immunity from the House Select Committee?"
This conversation took place in 1977

The Colonel admitted it. And this offer to testify if given immunity was given to Committee Chairman Louis Stokes in 1978. Assassination researcher Gus Russo reportedly saw the affidavit and spoke to the people involved. But when Robert Morrow gave the affidavit to the HSCA it ended there. The HSCA did not want to deal with it.105

The names of these colonels aren't given in the book.
Morrow gives them the code names "Intellfirst" and "SIO"
(First Intelligence Officer and Second Intelligence Officer). There are a few clues given in the book. He gives a couple of Air Force assignment clues in Europe; what they had done in the forties and fifties. They are at the top of the military intelligence ladder. They are connected to the CIA.106

Following Morrow's clues,
Russo discovered their identities
. He then located one of the colonels -- the one who wanted to go to the HSCA, "Intellfirst." Russo and Jim Marrs and another researcher went to meet
"Intellfirst" at his home in Florida
. He is eighty years old. They said they were researching the Johnson Administration and that
they knew he was on Johnson's Inaugural Committe
e.107

"Intellfirst" bought their story and invited them in. They got his whole biography from him and his military record. Russo and Marrs did not bring up the subject of Kennedy but "Intellfirst" did and he talked about how he hates the Kennedys. He gave them his whole background.108

The first thing he wanted to talk about was his good friend Howard Burris
They were on the Inauguration Committee together
They worked for Air Force intelligence and the CIA.
He said they were CIA all the time. They ran around the world.
They were friends with Charles Cabell.

"Intellfirst" was air attache in Hong Kong. He was in Rumania. He was in France. He retired from the military and worked for Martin Marietta in the early sixties selling defense contracts to his former Air Force superiors. And all the while his closest buddy was Howard Burris. That is the first name he mentioned to Russo and Marrs.110

When he worked for Martin Marietta he was the liaison to NATO. This was during the late fifties and early sixties when they bought the Jupiter missiles to put in Turkey. Kennedy had wanted the missiles removed from Turkey.
The very people who defied Kennedy's orders were this colonel's NATO clients -- the ones to whom he was selling the missiles. They were the ones who did not listen to Kennedy when he ordered them to keep these missiles out. They were all against Kennedy

When he was selling the missiles for Martin Marietta after he retired he had another buddy, a Colonel Anderson, who was with NATO in Europe. "Intellfirst" admitted that they were drinking champagne in Paris on the day Kennedy was assassinated. They were toasting Kennedy's death. He admitted all of this to Russo and Marrs. The girlfriend of the son of "Intellfirst" went to the HSCA with this story and it died there.112

Armed with this information Russo went back home to verify the colonel's history. Marrs did the same and they learned more about him. Russo then started reading about Howard Burris. He discovered Burris was Air Force intelligence. He is very close friends with Director of Central Intelligence Richard Helms.
He is from Texas and has oil money. Russo also learned that Howard Burris is in George de Mohrenschildt's address book four times. Next to one of the entries there is a slash. It says, "Howard Burris / Haiti.
"113

"Intellfirst" is so high up in intelligence that reporters refer to him for special sound bites and for blurbs for articles on occasion. His name is not commonly known but people in the business have reason to have heard of him.114

The critical thing for Gus Russo was that "Intellfirst" admitted what his son said was true and offered to talk to Congress. And there are other coincidences like de Mohrenschildt's phone book. Not only was de Mohrenschildt writing to LBJ in the spring of 1963 and for years after, so was "Intellfirst." According to Russo there are many of his letters at the LBJ Library. They all knew each other. And
they were all tied to this NATO network who was defying Kennedy

Russo went back to Florida to do more research into this and to look for the son. What he found instead was that the son had possibly been murdered. He was found on the streets of Florida City naked and curled up in the embryo position as if he had been tossed aside. The official medical report said his blood alcohol level was one-point-one which is not high enough to kill a man who is six-foot-four; or even enough to cause him to pass out. It was speculated that he choked on his own vomit although there was no evidence of that. At age thirty-eight he apparently just died. He was cremated two days later by his father, "Intellfirst." Although they have a family plot in Virginia he cremated his only son who was telling everybody his father killed Kennedy.116

Colonel Howard Burris retired in 1964 and has remained in private business and civilian life. Some personal information was learned from his resume (obtained by
researcher Larry Haapanen
from the LBJ Library), and a
record from researcher Mary Ferrell's files
Burris was born near San Antonio on April 26, 1918 (Ferrell indicates April 18, 1926). He graduated from West Point in 1942. During World War II he commanded bomber units in England and France during two combat tours from 1943 to 1945. Ferrell lists him as "Deputy Commanding Officer" of the 386th Bombardment Bomber Group Ninth Air Force. From 1945 to 1949, Burris was Headquarters Commandant for the Continental Air Command; was assigned to staff support at the United Nations; and was involved in a "Special Mission to Government of Mexico." From 1950 to 1952 he was aide to Air Force Secretary Finletter, and became the executive officer to Air Force Secretary Talbott in 1953. From 1954 to 1957 he was attache to the U.S. Embassy in Switzerland. From 1957 to 1960 he served as International Liaison Officer, Department of the Air Force and was assigned to a special mission to Hungary, Poland, and the Soviet Union (1959). In 1961 he became Vice President Johnson's assistant for national security affairs. His foreign decorations were the Croix de Guerre (with Silver Star) from France; the Royal Order of the Sword from Sweden; and the Medal of Merit from Brazil.117 According to the record from Mary Ferrell's files:

Colonel Burris was supposedly original case officer for Nosenko. When Nosenko defected, Burris was called back to Switzerland. He was intelligence officer who ran Nosenko in Switzerland in Jan. 1964.118

Other sources indicate that Burris was in business with Nosenko's case officer. In an article written in 1991, Robert Morrow referred to an Air Force colonel who sounds like Intellfirst and to his "counterpart" who is also a colonel. This counterpart, after retiring, set up a firm in Paris, France as a cover for intelligence operations. In this firm, Morrow writes, "The colonel's counterpart had a partner who just so happened to be the case officer of Yuri Noshenko [sic], the famous Russian defector who, in 1964, made overtures to our embassy in Geneva, Switzerland about Lee Harvey Oswald working for the Russians." Larry Haapanen, in a letter to this author, wrote, "As far as I know, the only person who would be so described as Nosenko's case officer would be Tenant Bagley, who is mentioned in various published accounts of the Nosenko affair."119

Link to footnotes:

Since first reading Richard's manuscript, I have spent years on assorted trails of research, eventually learning that the name of the murdered son of an Air Force officer in Florida, who was a friend of Burris and member of the LBJ inaugural committee could only have been "Air Force Colonel Delk Simpson, an acquaintance of both LBJ military aide Howard Burris and CIA officer David Atlee Phillips"

http://ctka.net/pr199-russo.html

On JULY 10,1990 the name of "former U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. 0. Delk Simpson, a top intelligence officer who served as an attache in Hong Kong," appeared in the PACIFIC STARS AND STRIPES:

RELUCTANCE ON THE part of military and State Department officials to release decades-old information on POW and MIA sightings has

fueled support in Congress for the so-called Truth Bill, House Resolution 3603. The bill would declassify hundreds of crates of intelligence reports, enemy documents, photographs and personal letters of men who disappeared during World War II, and the Korean and Vietnam wars.

As more and more once-secret documents are released, some former military officials have stepped forward, claiming that Korean War

soldiers were abandoned in prison to resolve a standoff with the Communists, who vehemently denied all sightings in Siberia and China when the reports began surfacing in the early 1950s.

"It's long overdue to tell Americans what happened and wash this bad odor clean," said former U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. 0. Delk Simpson, a top intelligence officer who served as an attache in Hong Kong. Simpson contends that hundreds of American POWs, including many blacks, were seen by a Polish refugee at Manchouli on the China-Soviet border as they boarded Soviet trains bound for Siberia in 1951 and 1952.

"This Polish refugee was working on the railroad in Manchouli and was standing just a few feet away from these American soldiers. He heard them speaking English and was close enough to draw their Air Force insignia for me," Simpson said in a phone interview from Florida.

As it turns out, Lt. Col. Simpson had been in the news 45 years earlier, under a headline which read: "Four American Airmen Freed By Red China". The Associated Press article appeared May 31, 1955, beginning:

HONG KONG Of)—Four U. S. Air Force pilots, released from prison by Communist China, crossed the border into Hong Kong early today. First reports said the men wore in "fairly good physical condition." Lt. Col. O. D. Simpson, U.S. air attache told them: "We have been waiting a long time for this."

The release was announced by Red China's Premier, Chou En-Lai, who was later linked to the Nixon back channels that opened up Red China to U.S. trade. For an interesting, but off-topic, connection with current President Bush, see this link: http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5880

Note: I have quite a few copies of articles about the capture and release of the POWs in China and would be glad to send to anyone who requests a copy.

But, to try to stay on-track here, I think it would be most interesting to try to link the Peruvian born Dr. Rivera to this same network of Air Force intelligence.

Aside: This intel group predates CIA, although some elements of it may have been incorporated into the CIA and continued to be funded through it. However, because of compartmentalization, it clearly was operating independently of any control by any civilian elected officials of which we are aware, i.e. JFK. Possibly it was being run out of entrenched bureaucracy within the State Department which had historical involvement in trade negotiations and financial investments of U.S. bankers in Asia and South America? Part of that history relates to what Nathaniel Heidenheimer mentioned at this thread:

Before the days of the CIA, foreign intelligence was privately funded by such investment syndicates made up of bankers who had political connections to elected officials. Trade agreements were drawn up within the State Department and enforced through the Consular Service and the military (as attested by General Smedley Butler). The people who had been trained under that system did not just disappear in 1947 when the CIA was set up. I believe it was their intent to transfer the funding mechanism to the control of the federal government, yet maintain its secrecy and independence from changes that might be wrought by congressional or executive elections. It is as though the philosophy of businessmen and bankers is that they are working for the country, should not be questioned or subject to oversight by any constitutional restraint. But that's another topic.

BK

BK

Interesting set of friends he had and people he knew! He gets more interesting the more one looks! Perhaps the reason he didn't publish much was he was a lousy scientist and perhaps it was because he was not primarily a scientist/researcher, but rather under the cover of one - much the way Didi Morales was listed as in the Army, but worked for the CIA, etc. I wonder what Rivera's reall affiliation was - let alone his real job?

Even more than placing Dr. Rivera in the room with the wives of the Cabell brothers from Dallas, who may well be the ones who set up the annual reception, was the mention of his having been at Brooke Army Medical Center for five years prior to his appointment to the NIH. Brooke is in San Antonio, located at Fort Sam Houston, the military base where Robert E. Lee, Pershing, Arthur MacArthur, Eisenhower and Douglas MacArthur each was assigned at different (sometimes overlapping) times.

Even more interesting, to me, is the naming of Kathryn Burris as being in attendance on that occasion in 1971. Her father Col. Howard Burris had been in charge of LBJ's inauguration activities in 1965 and was mentioned by Richard Bartholomew in his insightful manuscript, Possible Discovery of an Automobile Used In the JFK Conspiracy--the link to which I posted earlier. Therein, Richard stated, after showing that George DeMohrenschildt attempted to get help from LBJ by dropping the name of mutual friends, Howard and Barbara Jester Burris:

As previously mentioned, Howard Burris was Vice President Johnson's military representative and an Air Force intelligence officer. He is also much more.98

John Newman first learned of Howard Burris in the course of researching his book,
JFK and Vietnam
. Newman connected Burris with a pattern of gross deceptions involving battlefield statistics that took place in 1962. Kennedy and McNamara were being lied to while Johnson was being given the truth through a secret back-channel.
The end point of that secret back-channel was Howard Burris
. Burris would write the final memoranda that Johnson received concerning combat intelligence. Newman had discovered a foreign policy situation where the President and the Vice President were getting briefed in opposite terms. It is comparable to a hypothetical situation in which, during Operation Desert Storm, George Bush is lied to and Dan Quayle gets the truth about the status of the U.S. led coalition forces in the Persian Gulf.99

"I often get asked," Newman said, "about what was the exact back-channel. How did it function? How did it get there? And the best I can determine f
rom ground zero in Vietnam all the way back to the Vice President's desk is a chain of Air Force intelligence officers all the way to Burris
."100

In May 1961, during the Johnson trip to Vietnam,
Burris was being rehearsed on how to control LBJ
in the context of that trip. He was told what he could say or could not say to the vice president; which is amazing because ostensibly he works for the vice president. No one should be able to tell an Air Force colonel what he can and cannot tell to a vice president. The question is: Who is telling him? The answer is
the boys in the woodwork

There is another time period in Newman's book which deals with the back-channel to LBJ. Newman had long discussions with Burris about where he got this. "And the answer was
the boys in the woodwork
. And the question was: Who are the boys in the woodwork? And the answer was: `Well I'd rather not really say and bring all of that up. You, I know, you're one of them.' Alright, I'm military, I also have an intelligence background. Peter Dale Scott and I have been working very closely on a number of issues. He's writing a book as a matter of fact. He was assuming for a while that it was military. And I said, `Peter, it may not be that. It may be Langley.' He said, `Why do you say that?'
Well there's
one more piece
. Burris told me that later on
, `McCone put a stop to what I was getting from him.' This was relating to the combat intelligence. McCone was directing CIA. And all of the clues I got out of this fellow on who his contacts were -- my own interpretation was that they were in fact CIA. I don't know that for sure."101

Information about Burris originally began to surface with the book
The Senator Must Die
by Robert Morrow. Morrow wrote about two colonels whom he did not name. In 1977 a young man was hitchhiking in Baltimore who had a story he wanted to tell about his father's involvement in the Kennedy assassination. Robert Morrow happened to pick him up.102

The young man learned that Morrow had investigated aspects of the JFK assassination.
He told Morrow a story about his father, a former Air Force intelligence officer, who was involved in the Kennedy assassination.
The young man had witnessed
his father, who was very close to Lyndon Johnson, taking money to Haiti during 1963
. Not only did he see the money he heard the telephone conversations as well.103

Not really believing him, Morrow put the story out of his mind -- until the Colonel, the young man's father, went to his son's girlfriend and confessed. He said, "Everything my son told you (to the girlfriend and to Morrow) is true. Can you get me immunity from the House Select Committee?"
This conversation took place in 1977

The Colonel admitted it. And this offer to testify if given immunity was given to Committee Chairman Louis Stokes in 1978. Assassination researcher Gus Russo reportedly saw the affidavit and spoke to the people involved. But when Robert Morrow gave the affidavit to the HSCA it ended there. The HSCA did not want to deal with it.105

The names of these colonels aren't given in the book.
Morrow gives them the code names "Intellfirst" and "SIO"
(First Intelligence Officer and Second Intelligence Officer). There are a few clues given in the book. He gives a couple of Air Force assignment clues in Europe; what they had done in the forties and fifties. They are at the top of the military intelligence ladder. They are connected to the CIA.106

Following Morrow's clues,
Russo discovered their identities
. He then located one of the colonels -- the one who wanted to go to the HSCA, "Intellfirst." Russo and Jim Marrs and another researcher went to meet
"Intellfirst" at his home in Florida
. He is eighty years old. They said they were researching the Johnson Administration and that
they knew he was on Johnson's Inaugural Committe
e.107

"Intellfirst" bought their story and invited them in. They got his whole biography from him and his military record. Russo and Marrs did not bring up the subject of Kennedy but "Intellfirst" did and he talked about how he hates the Kennedys. He gave them his whole background.108

The first thing he wanted to talk about was his good friend Howard Burris
They were on the Inauguration Committee together
They worked for Air Force intelligence and the CIA.
He said they were CIA all the time. They ran around the world.
They were friends with Charles Cabell.

"Intellfirst" was air attache in Hong Kong. He was in Rumania. He was in France. He retired from the military and worked for Martin Marietta in the early sixties selling defense contracts to his former Air Force superiors. And all the while his closest buddy was Howard Burris. That is the first name he mentioned to Russo and Marrs.110

When he worked for Martin Marietta he was the liaison to NATO. This was during the late fifties and early sixties when they bought the Jupiter missiles to put in Turkey. Kennedy had wanted the missiles removed from Turkey.
The very people who defied Kennedy's orders were this colonel's NATO clients -- the ones to whom he was selling the missiles. They were the ones who did not listen to Kennedy when he ordered them to keep these missiles out. They were all against Kennedy

When he was selling the missiles for Martin Marietta after he retired he had another buddy, a Colonel Anderson, who was with NATO in Europe. "Intellfirst" admitted that they were drinking champagne in Paris on the day Kennedy was assassinated. They were toasting Kennedy's death. He admitted all of this to Russo and Marrs. The girlfriend of the son of "Intellfirst" went to the HSCA with this story and it died there.112

Armed with this information Russo went back home to verify the colonel's history. Marrs did the same and they learned more about him. Russo then started reading about Howard Burris. He discovered Burris was Air Force intelligence. He is very close friends with Director of Central Intelligence Richard Helms.
He is from Texas and has oil money. Russo also learned that Howard Burris is in George de Mohrenschildt's address book four times. Next to one of the entries there is a slash. It says, "Howard Burris / Haiti.
"113

"Intellfirst" is so high up in intelligence that reporters refer to him for special sound bites and for blurbs for articles on occasion. His name is not commonly known but people in the business have reason to have heard of him.114

The critical thing for Gus Russo was that "Intellfirst" admitted what his son said was true and offered to talk to Congress. And there are other coincidences like de Mohrenschildt's phone book. Not only was de Mohrenschildt writing to LBJ in the spring of 1963 and for years after, so was "Intellfirst." According to Russo there are many of his letters at the LBJ Library. They all knew each other. And
they were all tied to this NATO network who was defying Kennedy

Russo went back to Florida to do more research into this and to look for the son. What he found instead was that the son had possibly been murdered. He was found on the streets of Florida City naked and curled up in the embryo position as if he had been tossed aside. The official medical report said his blood alcohol level was one-point-one which is not high enough to kill a man who is six-foot-four; or even enough to cause him to pass out. It was speculated that he choked on his own vomit although there was no evidence of that. At age thirty-eight he apparently just died. He was cremated two days later by his father, "Intellfirst." Although they have a family plot in Virginia he cremated his only son who was telling everybody his father killed Kennedy.116

Colonel Howard Burris retired in 1964 and has remained in private business and civilian life. Some personal information was learned from his resume (obtained by
researcher Larry Haapanen
from the LBJ Library), and a
record from researcher Mary Ferrell's files
Burris was born near San Antonio on April 26, 1918 (Ferrell indicates April 18, 1926). He graduated from West Point in 1942. During World War II he commanded bomber units in England and France during two combat tours from 1943 to 1945. Ferrell lists him as "Deputy Commanding Officer" of the 386th Bombardment Bomber Group Ninth Air Force. From 1945 to 1949, Burris was Headquarters Commandant for the Continental Air Command; was assigned to staff support at the United Nations; and was involved in a "Special Mission to Government of Mexico." From 1950 to 1952 he was aide to Air Force Secretary Finletter, and became the executive officer to Air Force Secretary Talbott in 1953. From 1954 to 1957 he was attache to the U.S. Embassy in Switzerland. From 1957 to 1960 he served as International Liaison Officer, Department of the Air Force and was assigned to a special mission to Hungary, Poland, and the Soviet Union (1959). In 1961 he became Vice President Johnson's assistant for national security affairs. His foreign decorations were the Croix de Guerre (with Silver Star) from France; the Royal Order of the Sword from Sweden; and the Medal of Merit from Brazil.117 According to the record from Mary Ferrell's files:

Colonel Burris was supposedly original case officer for Nosenko. When Nosenko defected, Burris was called back to Switzerland. He was intelligence officer who ran Nosenko in Switzerland in Jan. 1964.118

Other sources indicate that Burris was in business with Nosenko's case officer. In an article written in 1991, Robert Morrow referred to an Air Force colonel who sounds like Intellfirst and to his "counterpart" who is also a colonel. This counterpart, after retiring, set up a firm in Paris, France as a cover for intelligence operations. In this firm, Morrow writes, "The colonel's counterpart had a partner who just so happened to be the case officer of Yuri Noshenko [sic], the famous Russian defector who, in 1964, made overtures to our embassy in Geneva, Switzerland about Lee Harvey Oswald working for the Russians." Larry Haapanen, in a letter to this author, wrote, "As far as I know, the only person who would be so described as Nosenko's case officer would be Tenant Bagley, who is mentioned in various published accounts of the Nosenko affair."119

Link to footnotes:

Since first reading Richard's manuscript, I have spent years on assorted trails of research, eventually learning that the name of the murdered son of an Air Force officer in Florida, who was a friend of Burris and member of the LBJ inaugural committee could only have been "Air Force Colonel Delk Simpson, an acquaintance of both LBJ military aide Howard Burris and CIA officer David Atlee Phillips"

http://ctka.net/pr199-russo.html

On JULY 10,1990 the name of "former U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. 0. Delk Simpson, a top intelligence officer who served as an attache in Hong Kong," appeared in the PACIFIC STARS AND STRIPES:

RELUCTANCE ON THE part of military and State Department officials to release decades-old information on POW and MIA sightings has

fueled support in Congress for the so-called Truth Bill, House Resolution 3603. The bill would declassify hundreds of crates of intelligence reports, enemy documents, photographs and personal letters of men who disappeared during World War II, and the Korean and Vietnam wars.

As more and more once-secret documents are released, some former military officials have stepped forward, claiming that Korean War

soldiers were abandoned in prison to resolve a standoff with the Communists, who vehemently denied all sightings in Siberia and China when the reports began surfacing in the early 1950s.

"It's long overdue to tell Americans what happened and wash this bad odor clean," said former U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. 0. Delk Simpson, a top intelligence officer who served as an attache in Hong Kong. Simpson contends that hundreds of American POWs, including many blacks, were seen by a Polish refugee at Manchouli on the China-Soviet border as they boarded Soviet trains bound for Siberia in 1951 and 1952.

"This Polish refugee was working on the railroad in Manchouli and was standing just a few feet away from these American soldiers. He heard them speaking English and was close enough to draw their Air Force insignia for me," Simpson said in a phone interview from Florida.

As it turns out, Lt. Col. Simpson had been in the news 45 years earlier, under a headline which read: "Four American Airmen Freed By Red China". The Associated Press article appeared May 31, 1955, beginning:

HONG KONG Of)—Four U. S. Air Force pilots, released from prison by Communist China, crossed the border into Hong Kong early today. First reports said the men wore in "fairly good physical condition." Lt. Col. O. D. Simpson, U.S. air attache told them: "We have been waiting a long time for this."

The release was announced by Red China's Premier, Chou En-Lai, who was later linked to the Nixon back channels that opened up Red China to U.S. trade. For an interesting, but off-topic, connection with current President Bush, see this link: http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5880

Note: I have quite a few copies of articles about the capture and release of the POWs in China and would be glad to send to anyone who requests a copy.

But, to try to stay on-track here, I think it would be most interesting to try to link the Peruvian born Dr. Rivera to this same network of Air Force intelligence.

Aside: This intel group predates CIA, although some elements of it may have been incorporated into the CIA and continued to be funded through it. However, because of compartmentalization, it clearly was operating independently of any control by any civilian elected officials of which we are aware, i.e. JFK. Possibly it was being run out of entrenched bureaucracy within the State Department which had historical involvement in trade negotiations and financial investments of U.S. bankers in Asia and South America? Part of that history relates to what Nathaniel Heidenheimer mentioned at this thread:

Before the days of the CIA, foreign intelligence was privately funded by such investment syndicates made up of bankers who had political connections to elected officials. Trade agreements were drawn up within the State Department and enforced through the Consular Service and the military (as attested by General Smedley Butler). The people who had been trained under that system did not just disappear in 1947 when the CIA was set up. I believe it was their intent to transfer the funding mechanism to the control of the federal government, yet maintain its secrecy and independence from changes that might be wrought by congressional or executive elections. It is as though the philosophy of businessmen and bankers is that they are working for the country, should not be questioned or subject to oversight by any constitutional restraint. But that's another topic.

Linda,

That's a lot to digest in one sitting.

When I read the news article about the reception and Burris' daughter, I too thought of Richard Bart's fine article on the Ramblin' Rambler.

I had missed Newman's account, and didn't know of the Gus Russo/Marrs quest. Now there's an odd couple.

"They call me Gus" Russo is from Baltimore, and followed Morrow's leads, but I don't think we will ever get the results of Russo's inquiry as he seems to be debunking conspiracy leads and favoring the mobsters now.

While the attribution of Air Force personell as CIA officers is common (ie Lansdale), I thik they were all in LeMay's loop. And whether actually AF or CIA, they have names and real identities.

Thanks again for all you do,

BK

I would be interested to know just why ADELE was chosen as a subject. Her tale has the

unmistakable air of truth to the smallest of details. I find particularly interesting the use

of the Lifesaver mints as a vehicle for drug ingestion. What I have never understood was

Rivera's foreknowledge of events, down to tiny details WHICH HAD TO BE PLANNED IN

ADVANCE, such as a phone number in New Orleans, assassination details, etc. I believe

Adele, but I find it HARD TO BELIEVE that such minute planning was done so far in advance

of November. And what was his motive in telling her these things? How was she to be used?

I feel that her story is just the tip of a very big PSY OP operation, and would lead somewhere

I hope Adele will not be insulted if I make what I think are pertinent observations:

Is there a pattern here? Could there be a possible connection between these separate

strange events? I have long suspected that Judyth's strange tale could be an "implanted

memory implant FAILED. If such happened, for what purpose was someone doing this?

Jack

Hello, Jack,

I feel as though I should say something in response to your post here, but am at a loss as to what kind of response I should make, especially with regard to your comparison between Judyth's story and my experiences.

The hypothesis of implanted ideas via hypnosis is possible. The story of Candy Jones is one such example - from a book titled The Control of Candy Jones by Donald Bain, published in hardback and paperback in 1976 and 1977. Candy Jones had been a popular model in the 1940s and 1950s. After she married 'Long' John Nebel, a nighttime radio show host, he discovered that she had another personality called "Arlene". This had been induced by a CIA hypnotist, a Dr. Gilbert Jensen of Oakland, California. As "Arlene Grant" she began in 1961 acting as a courier of letters of information between various CIA agents within New York City and then to other cities within the United States. In 1965 she was given other assignments by Jensen to carry documents overseas to a Chinese businessman in Taiwan. Her overseas assignments lasted through 1975. Amnesia was induced by post-hypnotic suggestion and by the use of drugs. It takes a lot of time and effort by an expert to maintain such an individual, though.

Dr. Colin Ross' book Bluebird contains a lot of material on the creation of alternate personalities for use in espionage, courier, and other duties. Bluebird was published in 2000 by Manitou Communications, Inc. He also has written on the website: www.WantToKnow.info, under the topic Mind Control.

There are other possibilities which I shall not discuss here.

Adele

Jack

Hello, Jack,

I feel as though I should say something in response to your post here, but am at a loss as to what kind of response I should make, especially with regard to your comparison between Judyth's story and my experiences.

The hypothesis of implanted ideas via hypnosis is possible. The story of Candy Jones is one such example - from a book titled The Control of Candy Jones by Donald Bain, published in hardback and paperback in 1976 and 1977. Candy Jones had been a popular model in the 1940s and 1950s. After she married 'Long' John Nebel, a nighttime radio show host, he discovered that she had another personality called "Arlene". This had been induced by a CIA hypnotist, a Dr. Gilbert Jensen of Oakland, California. As "Arlene Grant" she began in 1961 acting as a courier of letters of information between various CIA agents within New York City and then to other cities within the United States. In 1965 she was given other assignments by Jensen to carry documents overseas to a Chinese businessman in Taiwan. Her overseas assignments lasted through 1975. Amnesia was induced by post-hypnotic suggestion and by the use of drugs. It takes a lot of time and effort by an expert to maintain such an individual, though.

Dr. Colin Ross' book Bluebird contains a lot of material on the creation of alternate personalities for use in espionage, courier, and other duties. Bluebird was published in 2000 by Manitou Communications, Inc. He also has written on the website: www.WantToKnow.info, under the topic Mind Control.

There are other possibilities which I shall not discuss here.

Adele

Thanks for responding, Adele.

The comparison with Judyth is of course nothing you would have knowledge of or

be aware of. However, it seems to an observer like me that it may have been

something that could have been a part of some broader PSYOPS program. The

similarities seem too similar to be accidental. For all we know, THERE MAY HAVE

BEEN OTHERS who underwent similar incidents. This leads me to wonder whether

Rivera possibly had any direct or indirect contact with Judyth. Now if so, that would

be a REAL SMOKING GUN, don't you think?

Jack

Jack

Hello Jack,

I don't know how quite to answer your post regarding your comparisons. However, I truly appreciate your supportive statements. Thank you.

I can contribute this. There is a book, written in 1976, 1977 by Donald Bain titled The Control of Candy Jones in which is described the hypnotic (plus drugs) control of Candy Jones from 1961 through 1975. She was used as a courier of information by the CIA between agents within the United States and from the US to those overseas in Taiwan. An alternate personality was created, "Arlene Grant", in her to do this work. Her husband, Long John Nebel, a nighttime radio talk host in New York, was able to discover this personality and identify her hypnotist, CIA Dr. Gilbert Jensen, in Oakland, California. I want to point out that this covered a number of years and required much effort and time by the hypnotist; it was not based on a one or two session meeting. To maintain such a narrative might require a long period of reinforcement with frequent meetings with the hypnotists, as in the case of Candy Jones. I merely present this as something which might support your hypothesis.

There are other explanations, which I cannot go into at this time. Hypnotic suggestion is a very important area to explore, I think.

Adele