The Education Forum

Ruby's strange motivation

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

I have been looking into Jack Ruby's background for the last couple of months,

Jacks father, Joseph, was an abusive,heavy drinker,who beat his much younger

wife Fanny. The marrage was the result of an arrangement in their native Poland.

Fanny Rubinstein, was a woman with her own demons, who beat, and verbally

abused her Children. Eventually, she was committed to a mental hospital, causing

the break up of the family, when Jack was just ten years old. Jack seldom attended

School after this, finally flunking out in the third grade. He much prefered the street,in the company of his friend, Barney Ross,the pair became street hustlers

scalping sports tickets, & running the numbers game for Capone minions.

I belive that Jacks early childhood abuses, and introduction to "Street Life" when

barely an adolescent, left emotional scar's, which later developed into a full blown

personality disorder (Psychopathy) If this diagnosis is correct, an there is much in

his adult behavior to butress my belife, Then his stated reasons for killing Oswald

become even more bizzare, As the main symptom of psychopathy is, reduced

emotional affect, and a loss of empathic feeling. Yet, this is the man who shot

Oswald, thereby effectivly ending his own life, to save Jackie Kennedy the trauma

of attending a trial? Never going to happen.!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen,

Excerpts from the Warren Report make it seem as if Jack Ruby was acting out of suspicion that the John Birch Society, and the Communists, were attempting to implicate the Jewish faith in the Dallas assassination through propaganda, specifically tied to the Weissman advertisement, and the 'Impeach Earl Warren' billboard.

This is the real puzzler for me.

You can buy a copy available for sale today of the 'Wanted for Treason' sign from American Rescources.

http://pics.amres.com/p_asp/ke3242.asp

Has the following text associated with it:

Photocopy of poster/flier (2-sided) with 2 pics of JFK at top (one straight forward, other side profile). Beneath: "Wanted for TREASON." Goes on to give 7 points why JFK is wanted for treason. Copied from an advertisement insert in the Dallas morning newspaper on Nov 22, 1963. Goes on to say the leaflet had been written in Dallas on Nov. 21st at a Pepsi Cola "convention" by lawyers from the law firm headed up by Richard Nixon. (Nixon had been in Dallas on the 21st at the Pepsi meeting.) Wierd, wierd piece by Northwest Assassination Research Comm.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/jfkinfo/wcr6.htm

About 10 minutes after the President had been shot but before word had spread to the second floor, John Newnam, an advertising department employee, observed Ruby sitting at the same spot where Campbell had left him. At that time Ruby had completed the advertisement, which he had apparently begun to compose when Campbell departed, and was reading a newspaper. To Newnam, Ruby voiced criticism of the black-bordered advertisement entitled "Welcome, Mr. Kennedy" appearing in the morning paper and bearing the name of Bernard Weissman as the chairman of the committee sponsoring the advertisement. (See Commission Exhibit No. 1031.) According to Eva Grant, Ruby's sister, he had telephoned her earlier in the morning to call her attention to the ad. At about 12:45 p.m., an employee entered the office and announced that shots had been fired at the President. Newham remembered that Ruby responded with a look of "stunned disbelief."

At about 4:30 a.m., Ruby drove from the Dallas Times-Herald to his apartment where he awakened his roommate George Senator. During his visit in the composing room Ruby had expressed the view that the Weissman advertisement was an effort to discredit the Jews. Senator testified that when Ruby returned to the apartment, he began to discuss the Weissman advertisement and also a sign board he had seen in Dallas urging that Chief Justice Earl Warren be impeached. Shortly thereafter, Ruby telephoned Larry Crafard at the Carousel Club. He told Crafard to meet him and Senator at the Nichols Garage adjacent to the Carousel Club and to bring a Polaroid camera kept in the club. After Crafard joined Ruby and Senator, the three men drove to the "Impeach Earl Warren" sign near Hall Avenue and Central Expressway in Dallas. There Ruby instructed Crafard to take three photographs of the billboard. Believing that the sign and the Weissman newspaper ad might somehow be connected, Ruby noted on the back of an envelope a name and post office box number that appeared on the sign. According to George Senator:

...when he was looking at the sign and taking pictures of it, and the newspaper ad,...this is where he really wanted to know the whys or why these things had to be out. He is trying to combine these two together which I did hear him say, "This is the work of the John Birch Society or the Communist Party or maybe a combination of both."

Pursuing a possible connection between the billboard and the newspaper advertisement, Ruby drove to the post office and asked a postal employee for the name of the man who had rented the box indicated on the billboard, but the employee said that he could not provide such information. Ruby inspected the box, however, and was upset to find it stuffed with mail. The three men then drove to a coffee-shop where Ruby continued to discuss the two advertisements. After about 30 minutes, they left the coffee shop. Crafard was taken to the Carousel Club; Ruby and Senator returned to their apartment, and Ruby retired at about 6 a.m.

Shortly after 3 p.m. Ruby went to Sol's Turf Bar on Commerce Street where he remained for about 45 minutes. Ruby, a nondrinker, stated that he visited Sol's for the purpose of talking with his accountant, who customarily prepared the bar's payroll on Saturday afternoon. The accountant testified, however, that he saw Ruby only briefly and mentioned no business conversation with Ruby. Ruby was first noticed at the Turf Bar by jeweler Frank Bellochio, who, after seeing Ruby, began to berate the people of Dallas for the assassination. Ruby disagreed and, when Bellochio said he might close his jewelry business and leave Dallas, Ruby attempted to calm him, saying that there were many good citizens in Dallas. In response, Bellochio pointed to a copy of the Bernard Weissman advertisement. To Bellochio's bewilderment, Ruby then said he believed that the advertisement was the work of a group attempting to create anti- Semitic feelings in Dallas and that he had learned from the Dallas Morning News that the ad had been paid for partly in cash. Ruby thereupon produced one of the photographs he had taken Saturday morning of the "Impeach Earl Warren" sign and excitedly began to rail against the sign as if he agreed with Bellochio's original criticism of Dallas. He "seemed to be taking two sides - he wasn't coherent," Bellochio testified. When Bellochio saw Ruby's photographs, which Bellochio. thought supported his argument against Dallas, he walked to the front of the bar and showed them to Tom Apple, with whom he had been previously arguing. In Apple's presence, Bellochio asked Ruby for one of the pictures but Ruby refused, mentioning that he regarded the pictures as a scoop. Bellochio testified: "I spoke to Tom and said a few more words to Tom, and Ruby was gonenever said 'Good-bye' or 'I'll be seeing you.' "

Ruby may have left in order to telephone Stanley Kaufman, a friend and attorney who had represented him in civil matters. Kaufman testified that, at approximately 4 p.m., Ruby called him about the Bernard Weissman advertisement. According to Kaufman, "Jack was particularly impressed with the [black] border as being a tip-off of some sort that this man knew the President was going to be assassinated..." Ruby told Kaufman that he had tried to locate Weissman by going to the post office and said that he was attempting to be helpful to law enforcement authorities.

At Eva Grant's apartment Saturday evening. Eva Grant believed that, for most of the period from 4 until 8 p.m., Ruby was at her apartment. Mrs. Grant testified that her brother was still disturbed about the Weissman advertisement when he arrived, showed her the photograph of the Warren sign, and recounted his argument with Bellochio about the city of Dallas. Still curious as to whether or not Weissman was Jewish, Mrs. Grant asked her brother whether he had been able to find the name Bernard Weissman in the Dallas city directory, and Ruby said he had not. Their doubts about Weissman's existence having been confirmed, both began to speculate that the Weissman ad and the Warren sign were the work of either "Commies or the Birchers," and were designed to discredit the Jews. Apparently in the midst of that conversation Ruby telephoned Russ Knight at KLIF and, according to Knight, asked who Earl Warren was.

Guest Stephen Turner

Lee nice to hear from you.

I guess we could go round on the W/C findings until we puke..

My belife is that Jack Ruby was a psychopath,I will post my diagnostic reasons for

this tomorrow. And as such would perform no action, that would not benifit him

directly,certainly not perform actions that are against his best interests,such as the

pre-meditated murder of LHO. Some one must have been jerking his chain big

style...

I have been looking into Jack Ruby's background for the last couple of months,

Jacks father, Joseph, was an abusive,heavy drinker,who beat his much younger

wife Fanny. The marrage was the result of an arrangement in their native Poland.

Fanny Rubinstein, was a woman with her own demons, who beat, and verbally

abused her Children. Eventually, she was committed to a mental hospital, causing

the break up of the family, when Jack was just ten years old. Jack seldom attended

School after this, finally flunking out in the third grade. He much prefered the street,in the company of his friend, Barney Ross,the pair became street hustlers

scalping sports tickets, & running the numbers game for Capone minions.

I belive that Jacks early childhood abuses, and introduction to "Street Life" when

barely an adolescent, left emotional scar's, which later developed into a full blown

personality disorder (Psychopathy) If this diagnosis is correct, an there is much in

his adult behavior to butress my belife, Then his stated reasons for killing Oswald

become even more bizzare, As the main symptom of psychopathy is, reduced

emotional affect, and a loss of empathic feeling. Yet, this is the man who shot

Oswald, thereby effectivly ending his own life, to save Jackie Kennedy the trauma

of attending a trial? Never going to happen.!!!

Steve,

Ruby's boyhood chum Barney Ross (Barnet Rosofsky) went on to win world boxing titles in three weight divisions. Fighting at around 140 pounds he fought nearly 300 bouts and lost only four. He was never kayoed. After retiring from the ring, he enlisted in the armed forces and fought at Guadalcanal. A man of immense courage, he saved the lives of several of his fellow soldiers, earning the Silver Star for his efforts (unlike LBJ who didn't do squat for his Silver Star). Treated in military hospitals with generous doses of morphine for his wounds, he developed an addiction which later caused the breakup of his marriage. Again showing incredible courage, he kicked the habit cold turkey, enduring three weeks of hell. I believe he was regarded as one of Chicago's favorite sons. Coincidentally, he died on January 17, 1967---fifteen days after Jack Ruby. Just thought I'd mention it.

Lee,

At about 4:30 a.m., Ruby drove from the Dallas Times-Herald to his apartment where he awakened his roommate George Senator.

After Crafard joined Ruby and Senator, the three men drove to the "Impeach Earl Warren" sign near Hall Avenue and Central Expressway in Dallas.

Pursuing a possible connection between the billboard and the newspaper advertisement, Ruby drove to the post office and asked a postal employee for the name of the man who had rented the box indicated on the billboard, but the employee said that he could not provide such information.

After about 30 minutes, they left the coffee shop. Crafard was taken to the Carousel Club; Ruby and Senator returned to their apartment, and Ruby retired at about 6 a.m.

I never thought much about it, but what postal employee is available for questioning at 5:00 in the morning? A janitor?

Steve Thomas

I never thought much about it, but what postal employee is available for questioning at 5:00 in the morning?  A janitor?

Steve,

Perhaps Ruby went there intending only to look at the box (which he did and found stuffed full of mail), and found an employee there involved in an early morning mail shipment. Just a guess, but there would be no other reason for an employee to be there at 5 am.

Ron

I believe the HL HUNT / BUNKER HUNT sponsored TREASON circular was an essential part of the assassination.

It expresses the rationale for EXECUTIVE SANCTION, and was part of the propaganda program about Oswald, Edwin Walker and the assassination.

I would like to understand what the 'black border' was all about. Is this something traditional in Jewish culture, Dallas Morning News Obits, ?, or was Ruby simply putting his own clues together? Worth noting is that the version posted by Shanet has no such border.

"Jack was particularly impressed with the [black] border as being a tip-off of some sort that this man knew the President was going to be assassinated..."

In terms of rousing someone at 5:00am, I don't find that unlikely - Monday through Friday. Saturday is a bit odd.

- lee

Had Oswald escaped, given the climate in Dallas, everyone would have assumed it was a right-wing plot, particularly given that ad.

Food for thought, perhaps.

Possibly even: Oswald killed escaping, blame it on Castro.

Oswald escapes, the right-wing is blamed.

Who knows but what there was also a "right-wing" patsy waiting to be framed as well?

If there was a right-wing plot, one can, I think reasonably conclude one of the following: a) the sponsors of the ad were not aware of or involved with it; or B) if they were their stupidity cannot be described in mere words.

Shanet, it is your theory that the "Executive Sanction" could not succeed without a publication of the grievances? But there were far greater issues that could have been raised against JFK by insiders if it was "Executive Sanction" such as you propose.

Had Oswald escaped, given the climate in Dallas, everyone would have assumed it was a right-wing plot, particularly given that ad.

Food for thought, perhaps.

Possibly even:  Oswald killed escaping, blame it on Castro.

Oswald escapes, the right-wing is blamed.

Who knows but what there was also a "right-wing" patsy waiting to be framed as well?

If there was a right-wing plot, one can, I think reasonably conclude one of the following: a) the sponsors of the ad were not aware of or involved with it; or B) if they were their stupidity cannot be described in mere words.

Shanet, it is your theory that the "Executive Sanction" could not succeed without a publication of the grievances?  But there were far greater issues that could have been raised against JFK by insiders if it was "Executive Sanction" such as you propose.

Tim,

What if either the "Wanted for Treason" or "Welcome Mr. President" ads (with black border) were a preordained signal for the hit to go ahead as planned? It's possible.

Your criticism of theories other than your own is welcome. All scenarios proposed by forum members should be subjected to rigorous critical analysis. However, your tendency to view all scenarios through a strictly right wing versus left wing template impedes your ability to logically process new information. Perfectly reasonable arguments fail to permeate this left v. right filter embedded deep within your psyche. I say this with great respect, of course. You are a forthright, knowledgeable and articulate researcher and I always read your posts but because of your instant hostility to any suggestion that this crime was committed by anyone other than Communists or the Mafia, your credibility is being impaired. Personally, I don't mind which position the guilty parties occupy on the political spectrum. Anyone from Dick Nixon to Chairman Mao for all I care. My views on the assassination have changed since joining the Forum, being strongly influenced by views expressed by Shanet Clark, Larry Hancock, John Simkin and Jim Root, among others. Like many others on the Forum, I just want to see the record set straight, hopefully in my lifetime. So give the views of others a fair hearing, would you?

So...taking the next logical step in the process...giving Mark credit for the idea that perhaps the newspaper ads WERE a signal that the hit was "on"...

Does anyone know whether the Paine household received a newspaper delivery prior to Oswald leaving for his ride to work?...and, if so, did Oswald read the newspaper prior to leaving the Paine house?

IF the ads were a signal...and IF Oswald didn't have access to a newspaper that morning...might possibly let LHO off the hook. Yet another angle to consider.

Guest Stephen Turner

All of the above is very interesting, but gets away from my original point, was jack

Ruby psychologically capable of commiting murder, for the reasons he stated.

If this act go's against his previous known nature,Then some form of psychological

pressure has been brought to bear, to ensure the deed is done. Psychopathy, by

the nature of the illness,renders the sufferer incapable of experencing empathic

reactions towards others in distress. Yet Ruby claims he committed first degree

murder, to spare Mrs Kennedy further trauma. Jack was impulsive, aggresive,

unable to learn from past mistakes, manipulative, ready to blame others for his

problems, & it seems a very good actor. coupled with his troubled upbringing this

is the classic, background, & symptomology of the Pschopathic individual.

As Jack was fond of saying,"You all know me, im Jack Ruby"But how many knew

the real man.