The Education Forum

Application Form for Preliminary Visit

John Simkin

Bad news from my side; the German agency has in a way already rejected my application; according to the German standards at least three institutions which train and educate future teachers (like a university) or are acknowledged institutions of secondary teacher's training must be involved; ordinary Grammar schools like my own school and the schools in Hungary, Italy and Spain for example are not accepted as secondary teacher's training insititutions.

I will try again and add some more information in my application form but I am not very optimistic.

Bad news from my side; the German agency has in a way already rejected my application; according to the German standards at least three institutions which train and educate future teachers (like a university) or are acknowledged institutions of secondary teacher's training must be involved; ordinary Grammar schools like my own school and the schools in Hungary, Italy and Spain for example are not accepted as secondary teacher's training insititutions.

I will try again and add some more information in my application form but I am not very optimistic.

I am very disturbed by this news. Don’t re-submit until we sort this problem out. This was not a factor with the E-HELP project. All we needed was one teacher training organization. I know David Richardson’s is involved in training teachers. So also is Andy’s school. What about other members?

I am very disturbed by this news. Don’t re-submit until we sort this problem out. This was not a factor with the E-HELP project. All we needed was one teacher training organization. I know David Richardson’s is involved in training teachers. So also is Andy’s school. What about other members?

I am quoting from:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/progra...menius2_en.html

"Project partnerships for European cooperation projects under Comenius 2 must include at least one eligible institution involved in the initial and/or in-service training of teachers or other categories of school education staff in each of at least three participating countries."

This is verry worrying indeed.

I am quoting from:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/education/progra...menius2_en.html

"Project partnerships for European cooperation projects under Comenius 2 must include at least one eligible institution involved in the initial and/or in-service training of teachers or other categories of school education staff in each of at least three participating countries."

This is verry worrying indeed.

Most of the institutions involved with e-help are involved in teacher training in one form or another. The application form requires this information to be made explicit. What makes e-Help a little unusual is that the coordinating institution is not involved in teacher training. At the coordinators meeting last February I did not meet one other school teacher!

So, we have to search for at least one eligible institution involved in the initial and/or in-service training of teachers or other categories of school education staff in each of at least three participating countries

As far as I know we already have two (David Richardson's and Andy Davies's) institutions involved in teachers' training. We need at least three.

I will try to bring some Spanish University or teachers' training centre in the project. I propose you all to do the same and, hopefully, we will fulfil the Socrates agencies requirements.

The University of Kalmar definitely qualifies as an institution of teacher training. If Andy Davies' school is an institution of secondary teacher training is unfortunately not stated in his biographical details.

In my revised application form I have added and stressed that I have been actively involved in in-teachers' training as this is part of my job as a supervisor for most of the English departments of the Grammar Schools in Braunschweig and that I have organised some courses about citizenship. But I am not sure if that is enough and acceptable.

Edited by UlrikeSchuhFricke

Next Tuesday, hopefully I will know about University of Barcelona (Education Sciences Institute) joining or not our project. If they do not join, I wil try some other training techers' institution.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I spoke again on the phone with my Sccrates National Agency. They are willing to fund my visit but so far, they only know about our Italian partners.

What about our other colleagues. Did you get in touch with your Socrates Agencies? July and August are not the best months to bureaucratic proceedings, maybe we need to push a bit by phoning and asking the civil servants.

John, my headteacher and I received your invitation.

Finally, the Group DHIGES (Didactics of Geography and History in the Secondary Education) from University of Barcelona are willing to join our project.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news from Spain.

I have just spoken on the phone with my National Socrates Agency and the person in charge confirmed that I am getting funding for the visit to Worthing.

What about the rest of the partners?

Good news from Spain.

I have just spoken on the phone with my National Socrates Agency and the person in charge confirmed  that I am getting funding for the visit to Worthing.

My school got the agreement from the Italian National Agency a few days ago: the principal has already signed and sent it back to them.

John, do you think I can book the flight?

The agreement says they will require a certificate of participation to the visit from the organizing institution (Spartacus Educational).

Good news from Spain. I have just spoken on the phone with my National Socrates Agency and the person in charge confirmed  that I am getting funding for the visit to Worthing.

Well done. I have emailed all the other members to find out if they have heard yet. I expect that members will have to phone their agencies to find out.

My school got the agreement from the Italian National Agency a few days ago: the principal has already signed and sent it back to them.

John, do you think I can book the flight?

The agreement says they will require a certificate of participation to the visit from the organizing institution (Spartacus Educational).

That sounds like a yes but I think it would be a good idea to phone your agency to make sure.

The certificate of participation will be no problem. Juan Carlos had to do the same thing for our E-HELP meeting in Madrid.

90% good news from Germany. The only thing the Lower Saxony and national German agency still needs is some information about the costs of the visit.

I was away on holiday but tomorrow I will got to a travel agent's and then pass on the information about the cost to my agency.

The Lower Saxony agency informed me that they are very keen on supporting the project.