The Education Forum

Where were you on November 22 1963?

Guest Stephen Turner
Just thought I would start a new topic.

Where were you on the day JFK was assassinated?

How did you hear about the news?

Neither of these questions apply to me as it happened 24 years before I was born. :)

Hi Adam, I was at home with my Mum, and younger brother. We were watching some programme,when the announcer broke in to say that JFK had been shot in Dallas. Awhile later he confirmed that Kennedy was dead. My mum cried.

PS I was very young at the time. :)

I had just driven down from university in London with a friend to visit my parents in Maidstone. We decided to have a quick pint in "The London Tavern", Maidstone, on the way. The news spread like wildfire through the pub that evening.

Just thought I would start a new topic.

Where were you on the day JFK was assassinated?

How did you hear about the news?

Neither of these questions apply to me as it happened 24 years before I was born. :D

Hi all

I and my grandparents had gone to see an amateur dramatics play in Waterloo, north of Liverpool on the evening of Friday, November 22. It was an Agatha Christie-type mystery and one of the actresses was a friend of the family. I was age fifteen at the time and attending school in Liverpool. The cast learned about President Kennedy's assassination during the performance of the play and only made the announcement of the assassination to the shocked audience at the end of the show.

I also have a recollection of the assassination of Robert Kennedy in summer 1968 when I was age 20. I was working as a clerk in Barclay's Bank in downtown Liverpool, beside the old Town Hall. I heard someone say as I was out for walking at lunchtime on Water Street that "Kennedy has been shot." I along with a number of other people thought it was a joking reference to JFK's murder, but we soon learned the news that RFK had been murdered as well.

Best regards

Chris George

I was living with relatives that year in Quincy Massachusetts, in the 8th grade. (My parents were both ill in Canada). I was very excited as JFK was coming to Boston to speak close to Christmas time.

On that horrible day I was in school and the teacher announced that the president had been shot. I remember running to my aunt and uncle's home, crying and praying all the way. WHen I arrived JFk's death was announced. Like most of the country I was in front of the tv all that weekend. From the start I thought two things: conspiracy and LBJ. Now I realize that a lot of people had this same mindset.

"Who benefits?" .

Dawn