The Education Forum

The "power?" of the Presidency

Remember also that there is no statute of limitations on murder...and no grand jury in the state of Texas has taken up this case, to my knowledge. Since LBJ is more than thirty years dead, there should be no further need to protect his "good name," even in Texas. Since the assassination was not a federal crime, but merely a murder in the state of Texas when it occurred, any officila investigation would have to be done in compliance with Texas laws...as no federal laws were violated in 1963, with the possible exception being interstate flight to avoid prosecution.

Having said that, it would take the full informational and financial resources of the federal government to perform an investigation of the scope necessary to answer the unanswered questions of the JFK assassination. It would also take an FBI and a CIA which were more concerned with truth than with protecting long-dead or long-retired agents and contacts and operations. In an ideal world, that might occur; in this world, I have serious doubts it ever will.

Remember also that there is no statute of limitations on murder...and no grand jury in the state of Texas has taken up this case, to my knowledge.  Since LBJ is more than thirty years dead,  there should be no further need to protect his "good name," even in Texas.  Since the assassination was not a federal crime, but merely a murder in the state of Texas when it occurred, any officila investigation would have to be done in compliance with Texas laws...as no federal laws were violated in 1963, with the possible exception being interstate flight to avoid prosecution.

Having said that, it would take the full informational and financial resources of the federal government to perform an investigation of the scope necessary to answer the unanswered questions of the JFK assassination.  It would also take an FBI and a CIA which were more concerned with truth than with protecting long-dead or long-retired agents and contacts and operations.  In an ideal world, that might occur; in this world, I have serious doubts it ever will.

Sadly, I agree with you, Mark. Unfortunately the average citizen doesn't share our determination to see this matter comprehensively resolved. The public mostly doesn't care, and if they do, it's not one of their main priorities in life.

As I see it, again it comes down to the Government. It's probably a pipe dream, but maybe the Iraq fiasco will result in widespread public dissillusionment and distrust of Government, resulting in a reappraisal of the behavior of Governments past and present. That would be the right time for the research community, with some effort, to push the issue up the ladder of public concerns.

Mark & Mark

I am in agreement with both of you. And yes I do think that the current government disillusionment may be the closest chance that we have had in a long while to approach this.

Tho a Texas inquiry is a possibility, those folks are proud people that are deeply rooted in tradition and pride. I certainly hope, but have not much confidence, that they would on their own initiative, delve into this. But we can hope.

Charley Black

I have returned to this thread for one reason only. It is the

reason behind the reason that I initially introduced it.

The only avenue that I interpret as viable, would be a presidential order,

Can you imagine W. issuing such an order??? :))) Not in this lifetime.

Hey Tim, here's your opportunity to show us you are sincere. As a W supporter and someone who says he wants this case solved why don't you write to your president and some of the people around him, say your old pal Rove and

1. Remind him (Rove) of your long time loyalty and

2. Suggest such an order.

After all, it's manyof your posts here calling for such an investigation. Instead of just posting such, write some letters, then post them and any responses you get.

either thru a special prosecutor or some other independent means. An investitigation with unlimited subpoena power along with the authority to grant immunity.

Perhaps the current SP, Pat FItzgerald can be considered for this task. I am watching the news on him very closely. He has a solid reputation for honesty, and seeking truth and justice. Is he another potential Jim Garrison in the making? Guess we need to find out. But, of course, it could be argued that the murder of JFK is far afield of his investigation. (Tho I could make the opposite argument, also).

Dawn

Dawn wrote:

Hey Tim, here's your opportunity to show us you are sincere. As a W supporter and someone who says he wants this case solved why don't you write to your president and some of the people around him, say your old pal Rove and

1. Remind him (Rove) of your long time loyalty and

2. Suggest such an order.

After all, it's manyof your posts here calling for such an investigation. Instead of just posting such, write some letters, then post them and any responses you get.

Dawn, I would conclude from what I've seen on this forum that while Mr. Gratz might read some research materials on his own time, I don't think he'd expend any personal effort toward getting an investigation started--other than lip service--if it required him to take any actions while he's not at work. Y'know, kinda like laying down his life for George W, Bush--he's all for it in theory, but he'd draw the line at taking any real action.

And I'd be careful of invoking Rove's name around here....strange things begin to happen to the forum when one does so. Of course, it's all just a coincidence.

Guest Stephen Turner

Charles Black wrote:

Please recite any murders committed by the CIA.

How about for starters,the thousands of civilians murdered in Chile in 1973, at the behest of Kissinger, and the CIA. Got more if you want them?

Mark wrote:

And I'd be careful of invoking Rove's name around here....strange things begin to happen to the forum when one does so. Of course, it's all just a coincidence.

Grow up, Mark. All you seem capable of doing is hurling insults and innuendos.

From a recent Stephen post re the unfortunate premature death of Mr. Ritchson:

John always spoke plainly, but with clarity,and authority,and never needed to use personal insults to make his point.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Tim:

Once again I see you have responded to the posters after me, but not to my request. I WAS SINCERE. You are clearly cabable of

1. writing, you do a lot of it here,

2.saying you want this case solved, by suggesting many ideas such as a

independent investigation.

3. The initial poster suggested that a new investigation could be conducted by an

"order by the president." I do not know if such a thing could be done, have not researched it, but it would seem to me that this suggestion could be made by someone who could: 1. get past the $8.00 an hour "reader", (you) so, I suggested you write such a letter.

2. I used Rove's' name as you said you two go way back...

But, if you are just here to blame Castro with no proof, then., why be surprised when you are called on this? Perhaps, as some of us suspect, finding the truth about this assassination is NOT your real motive?? (This is a question; not an accusation).

Dawn

I'll stop pointing out the "coincidences" when they stop occurring, Tim.

Whenever I mention Rove, my computer becomes subject to attacks that my ISP's firewalls can't seem to stop, and the Microsoft can't identify their source ("we've never seen this before" is the usual response).

And the week you were gone, the forum ran just fine; almost immediately upon your return, the forum came under attack.

Maybe they are just coincidences...but to me it looks like a pattern of cause-and-effect.

And, based upon your performance in producing the evidence you said you had back in April regarding the Cubans' bombing plans in NYC, I stand by my statement that I have my doubts that you'd actually take any real action in getting a real investigation started.

I was hoping you'd do something to prove me wrong, rather than just whine about insults. By the way...are they actually insults if they're true? I challenge you, the mighty legal mind, to prove you're more cheese than whine and DO SOMETHING...beyond the usual diversion of employers' resources for personal amusement.

• 1 month later...