The Education Forum

Elvis death linked to JFK?

I think that it is suspicious that both JFK and Elvis are dead.

I suspect they both died of boredom reading rather hopeless dreary conspiracy theory threads on a forum once purporting to be educational.

As I said, I just wanted some expert opinions, no need to be like that. :ph34r:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested to know who has put forward this seemingy wild theory that there is any sort of link between JFK's assassination and Elvis's death. Sounds doubtful to me.

Thanks Chris, I also am doubtful at this theory and just wanted some opinions. I will try and find out who proposed this theory for you. :ph34r:

On a serious note, I think whoever told Adam that Elvis was investigating the assassination, or that there was some connection between the two deaths, was probably  confusing Elvis with another Southern states icon, someone whose good looks and fame led to a similarly medicore acting career: Audie Murphy.  Someone was probably discussing Murphy's involvement and someone else remembered it as Elvis, and told poor Adam. My best guess.

Pat,

You made me curious, so I Googled Murphy. It took a while to find something related to JFK, but I came across this article about the book There's A Fish in the Courthouse by Gary Wean. It includes a story about E. Howard Hunt controlling Oswald in a "fake" assassination attempt on JFK that turned real, as told to Murphy and Bill Decker by John Tower. Is this what you're referring to? It's quite a story. I had never heard of this book before. I see that used copies are going now at Amazon.com for $120.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/cover-up.htm

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Seriously, many researchers connected the death of actor FREDDY PRINZ

to his assassination research. Apparently he became obsessed with it

and was doing his own investigation. He had no reason to kill himself

at the height of his career.

Jack

That is the same type of thing I heard about Elvis. That he was leading an investigation into the death of JFK.

Pat,

You made me curious, so I Googled Murphy. It took a while to find something related to JFK, but I came across this article about the book There's A Fish in the Courthouse by Gary Wean. It includes a story about E. Howard Hunt controlling Oswald in a "fake" assassination attempt on JFK that turned real, as told to Murphy and Bill Decker by John Tower. Is this what you're referring to? It's quite a story. I had never heard of this book before. I see that used copies are going now at Amazon.com for $120.

http://www.ahealedplanet.net/cover-up.htm

Ron

Yeah, that's the one. We had a thread going on it here a few months ago. I think the thread started out on Oxnard and mutated into the whole John Tower thing. My interest in the story was piqued by the fact, according to Jimmy Hoffa's own memoirs, that Murphy helped arrange Hoffa's pardon. And then was killed in a plane crash. Something just smelled funny.

Pat likes to investigate plane crashes! (Just kidding!)

I had wondered about someone getting Oswald to implicate himself, and perhaps to introduce the rifle in the building, by someone telling Oswald there was to be a "fake" attempt on JFK's life. So the story in the book is intriguing.

If a plotter knew Oswald was CIA affiliated, Oswald could have been lured into the plot by a man pretending to be a CIA agent. Oswald could even have been told the fake attempt was to prompt an invasion of Cuba by blaming the attempt on him and then Oswald realized he was being set up to take the rap not as an attempted assassin but as the real assassin, when he learned the president was really shot.

Tim, in an odd sort of way, THAT conspiracy theory has a ring of truth to it...as it makes sense out of Oswald's actions on that day as nothing else does.

I FOUND IT!!! THE ELVIS CONNECTION TO THE JFK ASSASSINATION!!!

But how about a connection between Rhodes, Licavoli, the Purple Gang and the assassination ? Hello, John Simkin ?

NOW...remember the lyric from the Elvis hit, Jailhouse Rock?

"...THE WHOLE RHYTHM SECTION WAS THE PURPLE GANG..."

[i'm surprised Tim missed this one.]

:lol::lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol::lol:

Mark wrote:

Tim, in an odd sort of way, THAT conspiracy theory has a ring of truth to it...as it makes sense out of Oswald's actions on that day as nothing else does.

Mark, I really think it does. Oswald could have been put up to it by a real (renegade) CIA agent or by a conspirator posing as a CIA agent. The conspirator could have told Oswald his mission was so secret he must not discuss it with anyone else, even his handler.

I suggest as a possibility that Oswald was told the Soviets still had missiles in Cuba and the fake assassination attempt would be necessary to prompt an invasion of Cuba to eliminate the missiles once and far all, and thus possibly save a nuclear holocaust. This would have appealed to Oswald's wanting to be important. Oswald could have been sent to Mexico City and told it was to further link him to Castro. He could have been told he would be taken out of the country for a few years but would ultimately be revealed as a hero.

Of course the plan was to either kill Oswald in Dallas as part of his arrest or get him out of the country and kill him.

His job would be simply to bring his rifle into the TSBD.

This scenario works if you think Oswald was set up by a CIA agent or a fake CIA agent. It also works if you think the conspirators' plan was to propmt an invasion of Cuba or simply to shift the blame to Cuba. Or, if Castro did it, the plan was to link the assassination to a CIA agent, thereby ensuring a cover-up.

I do not claim credit for the scenario. It is derived from one or more books. But it is a reasonable explanation for how Oswald could have been induced to incriminate himself while thinking he was performing a patriotic and heroic act.

Edited by Tim Gratz

A planned fake assassination attempt could conceivably explain two things about the shots. One is the first shot (or one of the first) that completely missed the limo, hitting the pavement. The second is the back wound that only penetrated a couple of inches. Is it conceivable, as foolhardy as it sounds, that the planners, to make the attempt look really good, would actually plan to hit JFK with a bullet, but using a deliberately bad round that would only slightly wound him?

It would certainly seem foolhardy to me to plan such a shot, but I know nothing about ballistics and how finely tuned a bad round could be to perform exactly as desired. But this occurred to me, as the back wound has in any case remained a mystery (except of course to lone nutters with their SBT), as has the completely missed shot.

Ron

It would certainly seem foolhardy to me to plan such a shot, but I know nothing about ballistics and how finely tuned a bad round could be to perform exactly as desired. But this occurred to me, as the back wound has in any case remained a mystery (except of course to lone nutters with their SBT), as has the completely missed shot.

Ron

I have wondered if the backshot could have been a dud.

That it might have been a deliberate one ...hmmm interesting.

INTERIOR BALLISTICS

'Interior ballistics covers the events inside a gun that occur from the time the firing pin strikes the primer until the bullet exits the muzzle. While the internal ballistics of large cartridges such as cannons are reliably predictable from mathematical considerations, interior ballistics for small arms are difficult to predict at least by reasonable calculation procedures. In the past, ballistic data for small arms have been found primarily by velocity and pressure tests or empirical methods rather than by calculation. Many firing tests have been performed by several powder and bullet manufacturers for a large number of bullet/powder combinations, in small arms. Because of these tests, sufficient data has emerged that when coupled with sound ballistic correlations have allowed the calculation of small arm ballistics with reasonable accuracy.'

http://www.loadammo.com/WhatIsBallistics.htm

EXTERIOR and WOUND BALLISTICS

i put these together using various images some created in 3d software. they should be self explanatory.