The Education Forum

Fabulous Article

Edited by John Dolva

Doubtful.

A recent case was highlighted in the local newspaper that an employee of the National Archives had been stealing documents and selling them on eBay. The perpetrator was only caught because of the rarity of one of the documents he sold, and the fact that one historian was familiar with the document AND saw it for sale on eBay.

Sadly, the security--or lack thereof--regarding the National Archives has been exposed periodically since the 1960's...and the situation apparently hasn't improved, despite modern technology.

And many other countries have even less security than the US.

Edited by Mark Knight

An interesting response by Mr. Dealey. Received from Tim Carroll.

Dawn

[From: Timothy Carroll <timcarroll05@sbcglobal.net>

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:25:04 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mr. Dealey:

I am curious about the following quote: "(DCC). It was an organization that would effectively 'rule' Dallas for the next 4 decades, until it was dissolved in the 1970's." As we know, the

Dallas Citizens Council has not been "dissolved," so I was wondering what was meant in the making of this statement. Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

Tim Carroll

Tim,

It is true that the Dallas Citizen's Council is still around today. In fact, one of my cousins, Robert Dechard Jr., is a member. (Also the CEO of Belo corporation.) What I should have said was that around the 1970's, the power of the DCC was greatly diminished. The elected Mayor and City Council, and City Manager came into their own, and were less controlled and empowered by the DCC. The design and creation of Dallas Ft Worth International Airport

was, for the most part, the DCC's "last hurrah" as the 'power brokers' behind the City of Dallas. They are still around, and do influence things, but they are not the "power" that they were

during their heyday, under Robert L. Thornton. Of course, different parties have different ideas about the influence the DCC had (and has) over the official City Government. All levels could be debated. But I should not have used the word "dissolved".

Doubtful.

A recent case was highlighted in the local newspaper that an employee of the National Archives had been stealing documents and selling them on eBay.  The perpetrator was only caught because of the rarity of one of the documents he sold, and the fact that one historian was familiar with the document AND saw it for sale on eBay.

Sadly, the security--or lack thereof--regarding the National Archives has been exposed periodically since the 1960's...and the situation apparently hasn't improved, despite modern technology.

And many other countries have even less security than the US.

Facinating Mark.

Would you happen to know if that item listed in the December timeframe of 2004 [eBay item #3948042932]? A memo from Hoover, dated November 29, 1963?

- lee

Some rambly thought of that 'lil old conspiratorial mind of mine. I wonder who might be busily making sure such list's will henceforth not be found? Which brings to mind another thought I have: lots of stuff appear to have conveniently disappeared over the years, other stuff when meant to disappear has thoughtfully been secreted to appear years later. Much is entrusted to government archives and museum's (perhaps blindly?). Is there some organised watchdog that keeps a global registry and may note thefts, destruction's etc, are documents preserved properly, are they digitised and stored in multiple sep. location in case of accidents etc?

Pull building seven John...pull building seven.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/011904wtc7.html

http://www.wtc7.net/cache/wtc7.htm

Edited by John Dolva

• 3 weeks later...

Edited by John Dolva

http://www.labordallas.org/hist/hist1935.htm

Biffle says that the Klan enrolled 3-6 million members in the early 1920s. In Texas, they claimed 400,000 members and elected Earle B Mayfield, an admitted Klansman, to the U.S. Senate in 1922. One of the Dallas members was banker R.L. Thornton, who later on organized the Citizens’ Council that ran Dallas from 1935 to today (2002).

And the first shots rang out as Kennedy approached the Thornton Freeway sign. Coincidence??

http://www.labordallas.org/hist/hist1935.htm

Biffle says that the Klan enrolled 3-6 million members in the early 1920s. In Texas, they claimed 400,000 members and elected Earle B Mayfield, an admitted Klansman, to the U.S. Senate in 1922. One of the Dallas members was banker R.L. Thornton, who later on organized the Citizens’ Council that ran Dallas from 1935 to today (2002).

And the first shots rang out as Kennedy approached the Thornton Freeway sign. Coincidence??

‘…Many charter members were from the banks, the utility companies, and the professions…. By the spring of 1922, the Klan’s local executive committee of 10 included Police Commissioner (Louis) Turley, three attorneys, a physician, and the assistant general manager of the Dallas Street Railway Co.

‘Its steering committee of 100 included 12 lawyers, 8 physicians, 4 Dallas Power & Light Co. officials, the superintendent of the local Ford Motor Co., a Dallas Times Herald reporter, the Democratic Party county chairman, the county tax collector, a district judge-elect, a runoff candidate for district attorney (who would go on to win) and (a) smattering of bankers, druggist grocer's and others …"

obviously it might be interesting to see who these individuals were, particularly 12 lawyers,8 physicians(at parkland?),DA,Judge,reporter,lawyers,business leaders and others.

were there reports of el. failure in TSBD? If so I can't imagine what significance that might have, I read something in passing about it recently but didn't pay much attention to why the writer thought it was relevant. Anyway, all these people in place who would subsequently be the ones to investigate and report on the assassination could be an interesting situation if they were investigating one of their own. They would also be well placed to get the cover up rolling. As well as being in a position to intimidate any squealers, deny them jobs, scare them into silence, etc.

edit : the above link also leads to another link http://www.labordallas.org/hist/histdate.htm#1917 of a timeline of labor related activities/events in and around Dallas in the years before 63 and beyond.

Edited by John Dolva

I'll stick this here for now and check to see if there's a better topic already for racism and so on.

from another post : The links at www.tulanelink.com provides a great deal of interesting reading. The CIA sponsored mind control experiments in the '50s for example.

on this site are found these articles:

"Dyer (p. 172) tabulated the length of service of the 14 individuals who were members of the Board of Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund in 1913 and showed that they served an average of more than 29 years. He concluded: “They were a self-perpetuating body and thus the new members who came on the board now and then usually conformed to the prevaling pattern of thought.” The tenure of two members alone, Walter R. Stauffer and Charles Rosen, who each served 50 years on Tulane's board, spanned the period of 1882 to 1954. According to Dufour (p. 20), “Until the Joe Jones era [Joseph Merrick Jones was a member and president of Tulane's board from 1947 to 1963], the basic philosophy of the Board of Administrators over many decades could well be embodied in the idea: Don't change the status quo.” Joseph Merrick Jones attempted to change the status quo and was killed in 1963

According to Mohr and Gordon [1], Barbara Marie Guillory and Pearlie Hardin Elloie were among the first black students approved for admission to Tulane for the spring semester of 1963. Although registration of the black students was not marked by any disturbance, the press release by Joseph Merrick Jones was followed by a tragic incident.

Jones, who was president of the Administrators of the Tulane Educational Fund, had announced that black students would be admitted to Tulane beginning in February of 1963. On March 11, 1963, Jones and his wife were killed in a fire that swept his suburban home in Metairie. The cause of the blaze was never determined "

Apparently segregationists were capable of murdering prominent individuals.

"Psychiatric "treatment" of African Americans has included some of the most barbaric experiments ever carried out in the name of "scientific" research — and not very long ago. In the 1950s in New Orleans, black prisoners were used for psychosurgery experiments which involved electrodes being implanted into the brain. The experiments were conducted by psychiatrist Dr. Robert Heath from Tulane University and an Australian psychiatrist, Dr. Harry Bailey, who boasted in a lecture to nurses 20 years later that the two psychiatrists had used blacks because it was "cheaper to use Niggers than cats because they were everywhere and cheap experimental animals."

Heath had also been funded by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to carry out drug experiments which included LSD and a drug called bulbocapnine, which in large doses produced "catatonia and stupor." Heath tested the drug on African American prisoners at the Louisiana State Penitentiary. According to one memo, the CIA sought information as to whether the drug could cause "loss of speech, loss of sensitivity to pain, loss of memory, loss of will power and an increase in toxicity in persons with a weak type of central nervous system." "

“I guess Tulane was the worst, where I would receive intensive electric shock, isolation for days, sleep deprivation where they would attach electrodes to me, and if I started to fall asleep, they would shock me — enough to wake me up. You couldn't sleep for days. The messages would start: "Your mother doesn't love you, she left you here, your mother doesn't want you, you are too much trouble for her, you are a very evil child, you want to hurt people, you want to entice men." ”

-- CLAUDIA S. MULLEN

Then there are the George Bushes, Skull and Bones, CIA and Texas Oil all in one.

Brown and Root, DRAPER industries and BELL HELICOPTER......

And of course Earl Cabell ......

• 7 years later...
http://www.labordall...st/hist1935.htm

Biffle says that the Klan enrolled 3-6 million members in the early 1920s. In Texas, they claimed 400,000 members and elected Earle B Mayfield, an admitted Klansman, to the U.S. Senate in 1922. One of the Dallas members was banker R.L. Thornton, who later on organized the Citizens' Council that ran Dallas from 1935 to today (2002).

'…Many charter members were from the banks, the utility companies, and the professions…. By the spring of 1922, the Klan's local executive committee of 10 included Police Commissioner (Louis) Turley, three attorneys, a physician, and the assistant general manager of the Dallas Street Railway Co.

'Its steering committee of 100 included 12 lawyers, 8 physicians, 4 Dallas Power & Light Co. officials, the superintendent of the local Ford Motor Co., a Dallas Times Herald reporter, the Democratic Party county chairman, the county tax collector, a district judge-elect, a runoff candidate for district attorney (who would go on to win) and (a) smattering of bankers, druggist grocer's and others …"

obviously it might be interesting to see who these individuals were, particularly 12 lawyers,8 physicians(at parkland?),DA,Judge,reporter,lawyers,business leaders and others.

were there reports of el. failure in TSBD? If so I can't imagine what significance that might have, I read something in passing about it recently but didn't pay much attention to why the writer thought it was relevant. Anyway, all these people in place who would subsequently be the ones to investigate and report on the assassination could be an interesting situation if they were investigating one of their own. They would also be well placed to get the cover up rolling. As well as being in a position to intimidate any squealers, deny them jobs, scare them into silence, etc.

edit : the above link also leads to another link http://www.labordall...stdate.htm#1917 of a timeline of labor related activities/events in and around Dallas in the years before 63 and beyond.

some relevance