The Education Forum

Tippit Murder Timeline

I have always been curious about the Tippit murder timeline and the events that occured during this 45 mintue period.

According to the Warren Commission, Oswald left his rooming house at 1:03. He then walked approximately 1.3 miles to 10th & Patton where he supposedly shot Officer Tippit at 1:15pm. He then reversed his path and walked down Jefferson another mile or so to the Texas Theatre. According to witnesses, he did not enter the theatre until 1:45pm. Why did it take him 12 minutes to walk 1.3 miles to 10th & Patton, but it took him 30 minutes to walk to the Texas Theatre?

Perhaps this question has been answered before and I missed it. Thanks for your response.

Lawrence,

Why did it take him 12 minutes to walk 1.3 miles to 10th & Patton, but it took him 30 minutes to walk to the Texas Theatre?

Perhaps this question has been answered before and I missed it.  Thanks for your response.

I am of the opinion that after the Tippit shooting, Oswald headed for the Library at Jefferson and Marsalis. When he saw or heard the commotion of the police cars heading for the Library, he doubled back.

There is also Warren Burroughs who told somebody he sold popcorn to Oswald shortly after the start of the movie at 1:00 PM.

Steve Thomas

Edited by John Dolva