The Education Forum

Question for Soviet Conspiracy believers

Thanks, Stephen!  It gets discouraging, sometimes, fighting for truth and justice!

I admit, of course, I MIGHT be wrong.  And if I ever have to admit that on this Forum, you guys can really have some fun!

You've been wrong on a dozen occasions.  But, when you are, you simply neglect to respond to the posters who point out your errors, hoping that your errors slip into the ether unnoticed.

But if, as I sincerely believe, Angleton and Trento were right, then I will post a final, four word (not four-letter) sentence and say adeiu.

OK, so at last count you've cast blame upon Castro, the Soviets, the Mob, "rogue" or "renegade" CIA agents [how does one distinguish between them and the more prosaic variety, one wonders], Corsicans, Madame Nhu, etc., ad nauseam, ad infinitum.  No wonder your "fight for truth and justice" gets "discouraging."  No matter how hard you pound, those square pegs just will not fit into those round holes.

I should add that part of my belief is based on what you might call a hunch. 

It sure isn't based on any actual evidence.  If it were, you might have offered some by now, instead of crazy-quilt book reviews and cobbling bits'n'pieces from various websites.

You see, back in 1964, before any of this stuff came out, I wondered if there was a relation between the death of JFK and the ouster of Khruschev.  "Concidence or conspiracy?" is of course a catch phrase to conspiracy-minded individuals the world over.  And you must admit it was a bit co-incidental to have the leaders of the two great super-powers both replaced through extraordinary events less than a year apart.

Nothing coincidental about it.  Hardliners in each country despised the direction in which efforts toward detente were heading, and took out their own leaders who fostered those efforts.  The only substantive difference being that the Soviets were more genteel in how they dispatched their leader.