The Education Forum

Pure Speculation

4 simple paragraphs! EXCELLENT, Mark Knight...

Yeah...sometimes I do OK for a guy whose thought processes have been called "defective," and whose intelligence has been questioned.

Me talk pretty some day...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I challenge you to produce evidence of "speculation" in the post you just attacked, Mr. Gratz. You made the charge, now pony up with the evidence. Otherwise, I consider your post an unjust and unwarranted attack.

Mr. Gratz, a show of common decency here on the forum might improve your standing with the other members. Of course, I pray for long shots like world peace, too...and the odds of seeing either in my lifetime seems rather remote based upon the evidence at hand.

Mark wrote:

As an American who was educated in the '60's and '70's in the public school system

Mark, as Robert Charles-Dunne would say, where is your evidence to support this claim? Without certified transcripts, this claim is nothing BUT speculation.

Relax, Mark, it was just a joke.

But it is interesting you address your remarks to me. I have been called a participant in a murder conspiracy, a disinformation agent, and a rat (not saying by you)--and those were among the nicer epithets. Perhaps you should check out the people who posted these remarks and request they apologize to ME!

Transcript is available, but you'll have to subpoena it, counselor; I won't willingly give it to YOU.

And I'm not your Mommy, nor am I the "post police." so you'll have to apprehend the perp(s) yourself.

I guess the vacation's over...let the multiple consecutive posts ["flooding," as it's known elsewhere on the 'net], and the unwarranted personal attacks, begin!!!

Oh...they already have.

i was awanderin' down the street today, as one does, in perth where a lot of the streets are still old with low buildings, pondering on the route of the motorcade.

then like a slowly gathering wooly thought began to coalesce,(i'm a slow plodder in the thinking department as some would probably agree) :: Why Dealey Plaza?

there must have been lots of other better locations? in a way Dealey plaza could be seen as a last chance. if it failed there....

what was security like on the rest of the route? just as questionable? (i know some would argue well that there was no more or less security anywhere along the route) certainly there were places where the limo was isolated from security for moments, there were buildings closer etc etc...a group of kids even got kennedy out for a hand shaking session..

so why dealey plaza? what IS dealey plaza?? a look at its history reveals interesting things. It's the old part, the location of the founders settlement, the location of the oldest buildings. in a broader sense, in the old days part of the oldest county in Texas. a good history on dealey plaza easily found on the net makes these and more points and concludes : it was the HEART of dallas.

If the aim was simply to kill the president, well...? but to do it THERE?

BTW i'm getting tomorrow a dvd on kgb and jfk which supposedly includes kgb films of reenactments and analysis, and video shot by kgb agents(after the assassination!) in the plaza for use in such reenactment. anyone heard of this before? if so whats the story there?

Hi Chris. Good point, but I am of course talking of America's mythological perception of itself as a choosen people, rather than any reality. It must be said that nearly all American members of this Forum do not suffer from this delusion.

Regards Steve..

Stephen : Not only politically incorrect but quite "UNBRILLIANT"

But then again, I probably "suffer from this delusion"!

Charlie Black

Edited by Charles Black

Guest Stephen Turner

Hi Charlie, sorry if i'm reading you wrong,but do you mean to say that you believe that you are one of Gods chosen people. Or that America is more favoured by the diety than other lands?

Regards,Steve.

Hi Charlie, sorry if i'm reading you wrong,but do you mean to say that you believe that you are one of Gods chosen people. Or that America is more favoured by the diety than other lands? 

Regards,Steve.

Stephen, you seem to have the propensity to read quite a bit wrong!

I referred to no deity! I was speaking to what you perceive as "America's mythological perception of itself as a chosen people". But if you wish to bring religion into it, I certainly hope that I am "one of God's chosen people".

I doubt however that "America is more favored by the deity than other lands".

However, if it were, I would certainly embrace the honor and give thanks!

Charlie Black

Guest Stephen Turner

Charlie, it is not my intention to give offence. If I have then I am sorry.

To understand my references to God, you need to read my two rather longer posts in this thread which deal with ideas of American exceptionalism, and the mythology which surrounds this belief. Many countries before yours have had this belief (My own included.) And it generally leads to no good. Steve.

To understand my references to God, you need to read my two rather longer posts in this thread which deal with ideas of American exceptionalism, and the mythology which surrounds this belief. Many countries before yours have had this belief (My own included.) And it generally leads to no good.  Steve.

Here here to that, Steve. There's no such thing as God's chosen people, it's a supreme arrogance for any race to claim they are.

Guest Stephen Turner

To understand my references to God, you need to read my two rather longer posts in this thread which deal with ideas of American exceptionalism, and the mythology which surrounds this belief. Many countries before yours have had this belief (My own included.) And it generally leads to no good.  Steve.

Here here to that, Steve. There's no such thing as God's chosen people, it's a supreme arrogance for any race to claim they are.

Thanks Mark, It really was not my intention to upset anyone with my comments, and certainly not Charlie, a man who's postings here I usually agree with. But the idea of American exceptionalism is an established fact.This on its own is not a particular problem, But look at the Nazi's if you want an extreem example of where this kind of thinking can lead.. Steve.

Thanks Mark, It really was not my intention to upset anyone with my comments, and certainly not Charlie, a man who's postings here I usually agree with. But the idea of American exceptionalism is an established fact.This on its own is not a particular problem, But look at the Nazi's if you want an extreem example of where this kind of thinking can lead.. Steve.

Steve and Mark,

It was not my intent to take on the "EMPIRE", but if need be I will.

I frankly don't place much merit in what either of you feel religiously as I don't know what that is and could care even less.

I do take offense to your not well hidden references to what you perceive to be American arrogance!

Not in any way backing off, I must mention that even given my prior military, I have been, am now, and will continue to be vehemently opposed to the actions of both your country and mine regarding Iraq.

That said however, I am not about to sit back and listen to rhetoric from a country that proudly and vociferously boasted for hundreds of years that "The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire". Speak of "ARROGANCE"?

And then you refer to us as NAZI'S. The people that are in large part responsible for the fact that you are not posting in German.

And just as a parting thought, do either of you have direct communication with the Divine who has so advised you that there are no "chosen people"? Please remember that it was not me who introduced the references of "God's chosen people" / " more favored by the deity" / "mythological perception..."

I think that you two should "re - think" or possibly begin thinking more deeply of what you have said and inferred. Better yet, you should probably quit while you are only behind rather than making yourselves one!

Charlie Black

Steve and Mark,

It was not my intent to take on the "EMPIRE", but if need be I will.

I frankly don't place much merit in what either of you feel religiously as I don't know what that is and could care even less.

I do take offense to your not well hidden references to what you perceive to be American arrogance!

Not in any way backing off, I must mention that even given my prior military, I have been, am now, and will continue to be vehemently opposed to the actions of both your country and mine regarding Iraq.

That said however, I am not about to sit back and listen to rhetoric from a country that proudly and vociferously boasted for hundreds of years that "The Sun Never Sets on the British Empire". Speak of "ARROGANCE"?

And then you refer to us as NAZI'S. The people that are in large part responsible for the fact that you are not posting in German.

And just as a parting thought, do either of you have direct communication with the Divine who has so advised you that there are no "chosen people"? Please remember that it was not me who introduced the references of "God's chosen people" / " more favored by the deity" / "mythological perception..."

I think that you two should "re - think" or possibly begin thinking more deeply of what you have said and inferred. Better yet, you should probably quit while you are only behind rather than making yourselves one!

Charlie Black

Charlie,

It's probably not the right Forum for this kind of debate as it won't get us closer to finding a solution to this unsolved crime. However, if you have a direct communication link to the Divine, I would be interested to know who his "chosen people" are. Perhaps you could post it in the "Religion" section of the Forum.

p.s. I'm not British.