The Education Forum

Coincedence--or CONSPIRACY?

I have to tell you that your posts are starting to become annoying with either the repeats of the same message posted multiple times, as just happened in this thread, or even when you post once, all the past posts by others collected to excess in your message before you say something new.  Can you go back in and delete some of those quotes of others that appear in post after post of yours, as well as the repeats of your own identical posts?

I don't think it's fair to single out Mr. Purvis for quoting past posts of others, no matter how long they are, before saying something new. Posters here are constantly posting long quotations of others that we've already read before saying something. It's annoying, time-consuming, and a waste of bandwidth. I've thought of suggesting that people learn how to delete stuff, but didn't want to sound cantakerous. Now that you've brought it up, I agree it's a problem but don't single out one person for it.

Ron

Hi Ron

I certainly don't mean to single out Tom Purvis, and certainly we all quote previous posters, it's just that whether for reasons of technical problems or whatever, there's been number of identical multiple posts coming from Tom today as well as long long long quoted back posts. I don't mean to offend and I don't mean to single out Tom since I do realise some of the problem is a computer glitch.

Chris

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost the entire Cabinet was out of the country, on one airplane with its White House code book missing, at the time of the assassination. You have a clear choice on this. You can believe it was coincidental (it was, after all, an annually scheduled joint meeting with the Japanese), or you can believe that the assassination was planned to coincide with this scheduled absence (and the missing code book is certainly suspicious). But if you believe that it was not a coincidence, then you know who was behind the assassination. The only reason for conspirators to plan having the Cabinet away, out of the country, would be to facilitate a military coup, should such overt action be necessary. Moreover, who had the power to arrange the timing of a JFK trip in this way?

So if it wasn't a coincidence, what more do you need to know?

Ron

Absolutely, Ron.

Not a coincidence...............

I'll give you two quick C or Cs--simplified because Tim can presumably spell this correctly. Ha.

1. Two days before the assassination Warren Caster brought two rifles into the TSBD and showed them to his co-workers. This is the only time anyone remembred anyone bringing a rifle in to work. He then took them to his office. Whether he left with the rifles or with empty boxes later on is open to conjecture. One of the men who looked at his rifles was Lee Harvey Oswald. If Oswald had already decided to kill JFK then these rifles being in the building is quite a coincidence. If seeing these rifles in the building inspired Oswald to bring his own in then that points away from a conspiracy and towards Oswald being the sole shooter, which is not supported by the physical evidence. The remaining possibility is that Caster was involved, which seems unlikely due to his long-time employment at the TSBD, and lack of known criminal activity. One possible explanation could be that the JBS was involved, and Caster was a Bircher.

2. When Marion Baker went into the TSBD, he was followed by Roy Truly, who led him to the elevators. When both elevators were stopped at the 5th floor, the two men began to race up the stairs. When they got to the fifth, they noticed that one of the elevators was gone, and took the other one to the seventh, whereby they gained access to the roof, where Baker thought a shot had been fired. Thus, the sixth floor was the ONLY floor the two men did not take a quick look at. Furthermore, a short time later, Truly suddenly realized that Oswald, who he'd seen in the lunch room, had left the building, and that this made Oswald a suspect. Otherwise, the man-hunt for Oswald might not have started for another hour! So Truly may well have both led the police away from the shooters on the sixth floor when they still could have been caught, and sent the police out after Oswald before they otherwise might have considered him a suspect. Now is that a coincidence or what? While the possibility exists that Truly guided Baker away from the sixth on purpose, this would mean that Truly, a long-time employee of the TSBD with no history of espionage or crime, had decided to get his feet wet with the murder of the century. Once again, however, this could be explained if the JBS was involved, and Truly was a Bircher. or Klan.

I tend to believe in the innocence of both men and that these were just coincidences.

But who knows? If anyone can ever come up with credible evidence that both Truly and Caster were JBS or Klan, we might have ourselves a good case for conspiracy.

I'll give you two quick C or Cs--simplified because Tim can presumably spell this correctly.  Ha.

1.  Two days before the assassination Warren Caster brought two rifles into the TSBD and showed them to his co-workers. This is the only time anyone remembred anyone bringing a rifle in to work.  He then took them to his office.  Whether he left with the rifles or with empty boxes later on is open to conjecture.  One of the men who looked at his rifles was Lee Harvey Oswald. If Oswald had already decided to kill JFK then these rifles being in the building is quite a coincidence.  If seeing these rifles in the building inspired Oswald to bring his own in then that points away from a conspiracy and towards Oswald being the sole shooter, which is not supported by the physical evidence. The remaining possibility is that Caster was involved, which seems unlikely due to his long-time employment at the TSBD, and lack of known criminal activity. One possible explanation could be that the JBS was involved, and Caster was a Bircher. 

2. ............

I tend to believe in the innocence of both men and that these were just coincidences.

But who knows?  If anyone can ever come up with credible evidence that both Truly and Caster were JBS or Klan,  we might have ourselves a good case for conspiracy.

Pat, another possibility occurs to me. The initial confusion as to the make of the rifle could have been a ruse intended to make it possible for the conspiracy to swing either way with regards to the patsy. The mauser or the MC, Oswald or Caster. This way both could be innocent, but until the bullet, weapon, patsy was 'concretized' it could have gone either way? I don't know anything about Castor, in fact until you pointed it out I thought the person with the other rifle was a Negro and I didn't know the name. It'll be interesting to see what he had to say himself. Presumably Caster was white? JohnD

Caster worked at the TSBD in one of the offices, but was out of the office on the 22nd. One of the rifles he brought to work on the 20th was indeed a Mauser. People saw him leave with the rifle cases, and his family acknowledged he came home with the rifles he'd bought on his lunch hour, but this doesn't mean the rifles he took home were the same rifles he showed Truly, Shelley, and Oswald.

My suspicious nature reads Caster's behavior as an amazingly clever way of smuggling rifles into the building without anyone knowing.

Caster worked at the TSBD in one of the offices, but was out of the office on the 22nd. One of the rifles he brought to work on the 20th was indeed a Mauser.  People saw him leave with the rifle cases, and his family acknowledged he came home with the rifles he'd bought on his lunch hour, but this doesn't mean the rifles he took home were the same rifles he showed Truly, Shelley, and Oswald.

My suspicious nature reads Caster's behavior as an amazingly clever way of smuggling rifles into the building without anyone knowing.

Pat, what about an idea that to hide the assassins and the origin of the shot (313) a strategy for creating conspiracy theory was in place so that actions were taken to confuse evidence. In other words perhaps 'an amazingly clever way of' explaining a possible identification of mauser bullets and rifle as assassins tools?.

JohnD

ps I'm not trying to be difficult, just raising questions that come to mind as tangents. Obviously it comes a time when the cleverness of the assassin/s could be overestimated and my tangents could very well be entering this arena.

Now this is DEFINITELY no more than a coincidence.

Most forum members will be familiar with the story of a Dallas off-duty police officer named Tom Tilson.

One of my favorite tv shows when I was in high school was called "Burke's Law", starriing Gene Barry. (It was updated (unsuccessfully I think) in the nineties.

It had premiered on September 20, 1963.

One of the co-stars in the series was Gary Conway, who played a detective named Tim Tilson.

How close a match, but just shows that co-incidences do indeed happen!

Caster worked at the TSBD in one of the offices, but was out of the office on the 22nd. One of the rifles he brought to work on the 20th was indeed a Mauser.  People saw him leave with the rifle cases, and his family acknowledged he came home with the rifles he'd bought on his lunch hour, but this doesn't mean the rifles he took home were the same rifles he showed Truly, Shelley, and Oswald.

Pat,

Interesting posts. Never heard of Caster--he sounds worthy of investigation.

Re Truly. Do you think it was him responsible for the 12.45 broadcast of Oswald's description over the DPD network? I've read about a hasty roll call which uncovered LHO's absence but I've had doubts it occurred. Also, because many of the building's staff were scattered around the entrance and in DP, it would have been unlikely, IMO, to point conclusively at LHO in such short order. I listened to those tapes again the other day and at 12.54 the operator told Tippit to remain "at large" in the Oak Cliff area, presumably for any eventualities. Out of interest, does anyone happen to know the name of the police radio operator at the time? Is he alive?

Warren Caster, had a luncheon date with a College Professor, during the time of the assn. The Professer was never questioned about this!

Another strange occurance was that Geneva Hines told all the workers in her office to go on out and watch the parade and she would stay in the office to answer any phone calls. Then since she wasn't able to see the street from her office window, she decided to go across the hall to what was Warren Casters Office (Southwest Pub Co, I believe) and look out that window. The door was locked, and she could see through the doorway window the secretary sitting at her desk and she was and on the phone. Geneva knocked and knocked and the seceretary would not come to the door...but just stayed on the phone. Geneva thought this was quite strange!

However, I also found this website with a writeup by a guy, coincidently named Rick Caster.

Meeting Warren Caster

The true story of Warren Caster  -  the man who brought two rifles into the Texas School Book Depository two days before the assassination  

by Rick Caster

http://www.dealeyplazauk.co.uk/Meeting%20Warren%20Caster.htm

Dixie

"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world! Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before!"

I'm sure you are aware of know the supposed list of "uncanny" coincidences between the Lincoln assassination and the Kennedy assassination that has been current since the time of the JFK assassination. 

The full list can be seen below. It is an interesting theory that the conspirators might have been giving as a clue to their identity by using these connections with Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary, Kennedy, warned him not to go to the theatre.

Kennedy's secretary, Lincoln, warned him not to go to Dallas.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners.

Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are comprised of fifteen letters

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.

Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

John, good joke, but only works if JFK was both a grave-robber and into necrophilia! Monroe had been dead and buried for over a year before the assassination.

JFK was indeed a lover of women but I think he prefered live ones!