The Education Forum

Tim Gratz and the Plot to Kill Wallace

I emailed William Turner a couple of days ago and asked him to join the Forum to discuss his books on the JFK assassination. He was interested in doing this until he received a phone call from Tim. This is what he had to say:

Last night Timothy Gratz called. I have no idea where he got my number. He pressed me on the Bremer thing. I told him I didn't have a clue on how Dick Sprague got his info. I never talked to Sprague about the Bremer case. I never heard of Gratz before. The only piece I had done on the Bremer case was a chapter in "Government by Gunplay," and he wasn't in it. He rambled on about how he met Gordon Winslow and so forth. I found the call disturbing. I don't think I want to become involved in this kind of thing.

What did you do Tim? Did you tell him you were a lawyer? Did you threaten to sue him? Why did he find your phone call so disturbing?

Hi, John & All

I first met Bill Turner in 1967 while he was investigating the assassination on behalf of Garrison. He sought me out in Rosemead, California, my residence at that time. Later that year he and I were being interveiwed at an Los Angeles TV station where I saw him again. We communicated a few times re; the subjects that are contained in the 1990 manuscript/book and CD. Bill Turner was/is one of the nice guys I have known. I did have his e-mail address but have since lost it, but recalled his location up north, I am sure he would not be upset that I pointed it out on the Forum.

Harry

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim's not a lawyer, either, and hasn't been one for about a dozen years.  In fact, the twelfth anniversary of having his licence revoked should be coming up quite soon, if memory serves.  September, wasn't it, Tim?

Is that true? Did it have anything to do with Republican Party dirty tricks?

Tim's not a lawyer, either, and hasn't been one for about a dozen years.  In fact, the twelfth anniversary of having his licence revoked should be coming up quite soon, if memory serves.  September, wasn't it, Tim?

Is that true? Did it have anything to do with Republican Party dirty tricks?

Sorry, John, but I think it's more prosaic than that. Repeated failures to keep current with dues payable to the Wisconsin Bar led to suspensions, along with a failure to keep current with the Bar's continuing legal education requirements. Inexplicable oversights for a lawyer who wishes to keep practising, surely, but fairly mundane relative his far more exciting contacts with Segretti, Reitz, Ulasewicz, Rove, et al.

However, since you raised the issue, these infractions seem to have led to a series of suspensions. The cause of the actual revocation of his licence is undisclosed in the public records. I will make some inquiries to determine if your hunch may prove correct.

Stay tuned, Tim-fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, John, but I think it's more prosaic than that. Repeated failures to keep current with dues payable to the Wisconsin Bar led to suspensions, along with a failure to keep current with the Bar's continuing legal education requirements. Inexplicable oversights for a lawyer who wishes to keep practising, surely, but fairly mundane relative his far more exciting contacts with Segretti, Reitz, Ulasewicz, Rove, et al.

However, since you raised the issue, these infractions seem to have led to a series of suspensions. The cause of the actual revocation of his licence is undisclosed in the public records. I will make some inquiries to determine if your hunch may prove correct.

Stay tuned, Tim-fans.

Just got back from a two week vacation.....also just read the terrible news of Sirhan's atty's untimely death...., also my husband spent the first 4 days of our vacation on the heart ward, VERY SCARY... and it's nearly 1 am so I should go to bed BUT:

Why no response Tim??????

Lack of bar dues will NEVER get an attorney disbarred, nor will lack of CLE. To be REMOVED from practicing law one must do something pretty damn bad. Some examples are: conviction of a felony, or any conviction involving fruad, theft, stealing from a client, etc. etc.

The bar also gives lawyers several "chances" so I'd like to know why our oh- so moralistic Mr Gratz has been removed from "the club".

In the two states in which I have practiced - (Massachusetts and Texas)- such a sanction is also PUBLIC. In fact here in Tx. even a public reprimand by the bar is printed in our monthly bar journal.

Sealed record?????

What gives Tim?

Dawn

Just got back from a two week vacation.....also just read the terrible news of Sirhan's atty's untimely death....,

Dawn

Larry Teeter died? I met him last year at Lancer. While he appeared to be in poor health, he still had quite an active mind. I just googled him and found nothing about his death. Do you have any details? nothing suspicious I hope.

Just got back from a two week vacation.....also just read the terrible news of Sirhan's atty's untimely death....,

Dawn

Larry Teeter died? I met him last year at Lancer. While he appeared to be in poor health, he still had quite an active mind. I just googled him and found nothing about his death. Do you have any details? nothing suspicious I hope.

____________________________________--

Cancer, what else, age 56.

Dawn

Dawn

I posted this article in the section on Robert Kennedy this morning.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4603

Dawn

Story in San Jose News today said he died of cancer.

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking through the 11-23-63 NY Times and the one article about people celebrating Kennedy's murder is about an Owen Reierson, who walked around the capitol building in your beloved Madison, Wisconsin proclaiming Kennedy's death "a miracle for the white race." As he was only 24 at the time, I thought it possible he ended up in one of your conservative groups. I thought it more likely actually that he became something of a local celebrity based upon his stunt. Anyhow, I was interested in the local reaction. Was there a local Nazi party that you remember? Was there a right-wing militant group that could have seduced Bremer into shooting Wallace so that Nixon would get re-elected and the Viet Nam war could continue?

Pat, I don't remember any Nazi Party in Madison. I vaguely recall two college age students who were pretty far out there but I do not recall them fancying themselves Nazis. I would probably remember their names if I heard them.

I do not recall even reading about the Reierson incident in the local papers. I was glued to the television set those four days but I know I am sure I read both local papers.

I gather you do not agree with the Jim Root scenario that John J. McCloy orchestrated the assassination to advance a civil rights agenda!

Owen "Howard" Reierson was born on 14th May, 1915 in Rio, Wisconsin. He served in the Marine Corps and during the Second World War saw action in the Pacific.

Reierson later moved to California where he worked for the US Postal Service. Later he managed the Antiques and Collectibles Store in Escondido.

Reierson died on 29th June, 2000, in Cottonwood, Arizona.

John, not sure where you got that information from. The Reierson you mention was forty-eight in 1963, exactly twice the age of Pat's Reierson.

Does your information state what Reierson did and where he lived before moving to California?

Of course I am fairly confident he had nothing to do with the assassination of JFK since I doubt any of the conspirators would be publicly celebrating it.

I am curious however about the age disparity (although I think this trail will ultimately lead to nowhere).

Owen "Howard" Reierson was born on 14th May, 1915 in Rio, Wisconsin. He served in the Marine Corps and during the Second World War saw action in the Pacific.

Reierson later moved to California where he worked for the US Postal Service. Later he managed the Antiques and Collectibles Store in Escondido.

Reierson died on 29th June, 2000, in Cottonwood, Arizona.

Maybe this was his father. The Owen H. Reierson who wore the swastika on November 22, 1963 was only 24 at the time. The article says the same man was arrested in September 63 for disrupting a civil rights demonstration.