The Education Forum

Frank Sturgis

In a second FBI Memorandum dated 22nd June 1962, it was reported that Alexander Rorke had been interviewed by the FBI. The report claims that:

Rorke advised that on the last leaflet-dropping flight over Cuba, he was with Fiorini and that one of the two planes they used were lost, and the pilots of this lost plane were identified as Bob Swannee of Mississippi and Bob Thompson of Melbourne, Florida. Rorke stated that this leaflet-dropping operation was entirely supported by the CIA.

In connection with the flights over Cuba, Rorke stated that Fiorini does not pilot the planes and acts for the most part as a co-pilot. The planes are rented in the United States and flown to bases outside the United States such as the Bahamas. In making the contract for the rental of the planes, usually someone other than Fiorini signs the contract, although Fiorini is in contact with local CIA agents in Miami relative to the details of the flight. Rorke stated that Fiorini has instructions that on these flights, if he is arrested or stopped, he is to notify the officers that they should telephone a number which is the number of the CIA office in the Miami area. Fiorini has also been informed, according to Rorke, that if anyone arrests him, CIA will get him out. Rorke identified the CIA contact in Miami as one “Barker”. Rorke stated that he did not know whether this was an assumed name or the individual’s real name.

Rorke advised that he could not understand why the Bureau was interested now in the activities of Fiorini as all of Fiorini’s actions are fully known to CIA in Miami and there should be a record of his activities on file with CIA in Washington, D.C. Rorke stated he knows for a fact that Fiorini has not done anything on his own and that whatever he has done in the past he has done on instructions from CIA…

Rorke advised that he originally made contact with CIA regarding Fiorini and recommended the use by CIA of Fiorini and his group. Rorke identified Commander Anderson of the United States Navy, who is assigned to CIA overt office in New York, as his original contact. He further advised that additional contacts had been made in Washington, D. C. and activities of Fiorini and his group had been discussed through intermediaries with Colonel King and Deke James of CIA headquarters, Washington, D.C….

Rorke advised that in the event Fiorini would be arrested for his anti-Castro activities, he, Rorke, having good connections with a well-known newspaper chain, will make plenty of trouble for those involved.

For the information of the Bureau, the newspaper chain, will make plenty of trouble for those involved.

You will find out more about Alexander Irwin Rorke here:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...o?docSetId=1222

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the FBI Memorandum dated 22nd June 1962, Alexander Irwin Rorke claimed that their (Rorke and Sturgis) contact man was "Commander Anderson of the United States Navy, who is assigned to CIA overt office in New York". This claim is supported by a declassified CIA memo's from Anderson to Robert Trumbull Crowley, Robert Trumbull Crowley, Assistant Deputy Director of Clandestine Operations of the CIA, on 9th January 1961: "Alex Rorke phoned from Miami to report that personnel in Varona group and other groups in process joining Dr. Bosch - Commander (of) Diego Party. According (to) Rorke, Frank Fiorini has been power behind scene."

Interestingly, after Crowley's death in 2000, Gregory Douglas published a book called, Regicide: The Official Assassination of John F. Kennedy (Monte Sano Media, 2002, ISBN 1-59148-297-6). The book claims that there was a conspiracy to kill John F. Kennedy, and uses material purportedly obtained from Crowley to claim that the CIA had a central role in the assassination under the code name Operation Zipper.

In Fidel on the Grassy Knoll (Liberation Magazine, March/April, 1977) Jeff Cohen and Donald Freed wrote:

"....Back in Miami, a high-powered propaganda machine was cranking out stories that Oswald was a Cuban agent. It was largely the work of two Miami-based reporters, brothers Jerry and James Buchanan, who were at the same time propaganda officers for the CIA-supported International Anti-Communist Brigade (IAB). The brigade had mob support too, as explained by an IAB attorney: '(The Brigade) was financed by dispossessed hotel and gambling room operators who operated under Batista.'"

"The source of the Buchanans' tales was the brigade's leader, a man who changed his name from Frank Fiorini to Frank Sturgis around the time of the time of the assassination. In 1972, as Sturgis, he was arrested inside the Watergate Office Building wearing surgical gloves and carrying electrical spying equipment."

"Within days of the assassination Buchanan quoted Sturgis heavily in a Pomparo Beach Sun Sentinel story. According to Sturgis, Oswald talked with Cuban G-2 agents and fracassed with IAB members in 1962 while in Miami. Although Sturgis claimed to have seen Oswald in Miami, not a shred of evidence has surfaced in 13 years to indicate Oswald was ever in that city. The FBI interviewed Sturgis four times within a half year of the assassination and dismissed the Oswald/G-2 story as a fairy tale."

"When the FBI first interviewed him on November 23rd, as Sturgis tells it, 'They said, 'Frank, if there's anyone capable of killing the President, you're teh one guy that can do it.'"

"What was in Sturgis' background that would lead the FBI to suspect that this 'news source' was behind the assassination? As Fiorini, in 1961 he was elevated to hero-status as an anti-Castro guerrilla/pilot by Jack Anderson, the columnist, who would use this soldier-of-fortune as a source for later Castro-did-it stories."

"But the hero was soon to become a victim of a presidential change of heart. After Kennedy ordered a clamp down on anti-Castro guerrillas in the wake of the missile crisis, Fiorini barely avoided arrest when Federal agents raided the CIA's No Name Key camp. In September 1963 the administration issued strong warnings to six-Americans to cease their anti-Castro activities. One of the six was Fiorini, who had been piloting B-25 harassment raids against Cuba. The FAA then lifted his authorization to fly...."

p. 6, Freed and Cohen, Liberation Magazine, March/April 1977

In an article published in the Florida Sun Sentinel on 4th December, 1963, Jim Buchanan claimed that Sturgis had met Lee Harvey Oswald in Miami shortly before the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Buchanan claimed that Oswald had tried to infiltrate the Anti-Communist Brigade. When he was questioned by the FBI about this story, Sturgis claimed that Buchanan had misquoted him regarding his comments about Oswald.

Regarding Fiorini/Sturgis' backing off the claims he made to journalist Jim Buchanan about Oswald a few days after the assassination, the FBI recorded Sturgis admitting that "he had made some offhand comments to Buchanan" on Nov 26. He did back off saying he had any first-hand knowledge of Oswald. CD 59 has the short FBI writeup on their interview with Sturgis after the newspaper article:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

Whether or not Sturgis actually knew Oswald and regardless of the truth of any of his statements (Oswald "tried to infiltrate Cuban anti-Castro organizations in Miami"), it's likely that he did tell Buchanan what showed up in the papers, and that his information was based on more than just reading the papers.

I recently read the HSCA testimony of Sturgis' sometimes girlfriend Marita Lorenz, where she told the Committee her story of hanging out with Sturgis and Pedro Diaz Lanz and Ozzie starting in 1961 I think, and their purported car trip to Dallas to go kill JFK. The Committee members waited patiently through to the end before saying, "But Oswald was in Russia then!" To which Marita essentially replied "Whatever."

Rex

I can personally attest to the fact that both E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis frequented what was in all likelihood a CIA safehouse located in the Grapeland Heights section of Miami, Florida right next door to my childhood home.

I saw Frank Sturgis in the front yard of that home on several different ocassions in the early 1960's up to and including the Fall of 1963. On one ocassion, Sturgis was observed stealing hollow cinder blocks from the fence bordering the 2 properties, ostensibly for use in boom and bang operations against Castro. Even though I was only a teenager, I managed to imitate an older person and shouted at him through an overlooking window to put the blocks back where he had found them, and then threatened to call the police if a single additional block disappeared. No more cinder blocks were stolen after that incident. I can not help but laugh to think that Sturgis was cowed and intimidated by a teenager with cajones.

Loading the hollowed out section with explosives and then dropping them from a plane would cause instant detonation. I discussed this topic with Sherry Sullivan, the daughter of Geoffrey Sullivan, who disappeared while flying a plane for such an operation against Castro. I surmised how he may have met his ultimate demise because Sherry thought his plane might have been sabotaged by suspicious leaders of Alpha 66. These cinder blocks would cause sparks to fly whenever 2 of these heavy construction blocks were struck together. If the load shifted in the plane, or if the bombardier was not careful enough to prevent accidental sparks from flying while dropping these missiles, it would be quite possible to detonate the entire load in the air prematurely.

I also saw a person who I can conclusively state was E. Howard Hunt in the same yard taking smoking breaks on at least 2 different ocassions. When he saw me peering through the bushes at him, I attempted to wave and say hello to him but he just quickly turned his head, snuffed out the cigarette and went back into the house without a word. I never saw the 2 of them together during the same observation, but it is safe to say that if both of them frequented that house during the early 1960's which later had a For Rent sign from the Bernard Barker owned Keyes Realty shortly after the JFK assassination, one could conclude that this eventual Watergate trio cut their eye teeth together at one or more Miami based CIA safe houses. E. Howard Hunt admitted as much in his "deathbed confession" to his son, Saint James Hunt in 2006-2007.

While Gordon Winslow continues in his attempts to debunk my documented personal observations, he often catches himself in internal inconsistencies and deliberate falsehoods which have caused him to be mistrusted and ignored by almost all serious JFK researchers. He was the one who asked me to describe another former neighbor in Miami whom he knows from the City of Miami employees roster. I told him that she had "Coke-bottle thick glasses in the 1960's" and that she always wore cutoffs and hot pants and very, very short skirts, he laughed and said: "Guess you really did live there. She still dresses like that today and wears the same glasses." Then a few weeks later he reported to other JFK researchers that I was unable to verify to his satisfaction that I had ever lived in the Grapeland Heights section of Miami. xxxx, xxxx, pants on fire. He also attempted to debunk the now confirmed story of Marita Lorenz which was verified, at least in part, by my personal observations and those of my father. E. Howard Hunt confimed essential portions of Marita Lorenz's version of events regarding the JFK assassination and I am able to do the same. Case Closed.

Wikipedia just published my comments on the E. Howard Hunt page as follows:

In the equivalent of a "deathbed confession" by E. Howard Hunt, as told to his son Saint James Hunt, he finally admitted his "backup" role in the JFK Assassination also implicating his Bay of Pigs and Watergate co-conspirator Frank (Fiorini) Sturgis as well as longtime CIA cohorts Cord Meyer, Jr., David Atlee Phillips and William Harvey. Hunt also named Antonio Veciana, once the head of Alpha 66, one of the most violent anti-Castro Cuban exile organizations operating in Miami and David Sanchez Morales. Hunt also confirmed the existence of an aborted Miami based plot to assassinate Kennedy during his visit to that city the week before the ill-fated trip to Dallas. Both the Miami plot (scheduled on 11/17/1963) and the Dallas plot (11/22/1963) were discussed during clandestine meetings in CIA sponsored safehouses. The plotters traveled en masse in a motorcade to Dallas, according to Hunt, confirming the account of Marita Lorenz in her book "Marita" by Thunder's Mouth Press. The abandonment of the original assassination attempt in Miami happened after JFK's entourage cancelled the open air automobile motorcade from Miami International Airport to the site of his speech in downtown Miami near Biscayne Boulevard. This protective measure was carried out after Chief Walter Headley of the Miami Police Department received a post card warning of a pending attempt on the life of JFK by Cuban exiles at a downtown park on Biscayne Boulevard. Earlier, Willie Somersett, a confidential informant for Lieut. Lockhart Gracey of the Miami Police Intelligence Unit, had secretly tape recorded threats against JFK spoken by Georgia based Joseph A. Milteer, a right wing extremist who was a member of the National States Rights' Party, The Congress of Freedom and the KKK. Milteer bragged that the plot "was sitting on go" and that the attempt would be launched from "a tall building using a high-powered rifle". Milteer also stated that "the Patriots would be in the clear on this" because the murder would be blamed on "the Communists" and "a patsy" would be arrested shortly after the murder. An alleged photo of Joseph A. Milteer standing in the crowd along the JFK parade route in Dallas was published a few years after JFK was shot. Milteer was also tape recorded by Somersett after JFK was shot taking credit for the plot while stating "I don't do no guessing."

Other writers comments:

Hunt was also the addressee of a letter, purportedly from Oswald, dated two weeks before the assassination. Andrew and Mitrokhin state that the letter was a forgery, carefully created by the KGB to implicate Hunt and the CIA, based upon a belief that Hunt had been in Dallas on the day of the assassination. The letter was accepted as genuine by Oswald's widow and left the House Select Committee on Assassinations (1978) unable to verify or discredit its authenticity. Eventually it appeared in the American press, though some assumed the "Mr. Hunt" to whom it was addressed to be the oil magnate H. L. Hunt, whom the Kremlin first suspected of plotting the assassination[39].

Continuing my comments:

Perhaps the final word on the subject of Hunt's presence in Dallas on that fateful day is proffered in "American Spy" by E. Howard Hunt and Greg Aunapu when Hunt refers to his futile attempts to obtain a copy of a CIA memorandum which had been obtained by the HSCA documenting his actual presence in Dallas and discussing how to handle this apparently conspicuous embarassment. At that time, Hunt stated that he wanted to see a copy of the memorandum in order to thoroughly debunk it, then on his "deathbed confession" he admitted in a taped interview that he had been in Dallas on that day after all. These facts, if acknowledged, make the Vasili Mitrokhin and Christopher Andrew accounts palpable falsehoods.

I plan to add more comments on Hunt, Draper and Sturgis on both Spartacus and Wikipedia pages shortly.

A friend sent me a CIA document dated 9th February, 1975. The subject heading is: "Telephone Call from John Dean". The memo is signed JRS and a copy is sent to General Vernon Walters, the Director of the CIA. The memo included the following: "I discussed these matters with Bill Colby, who indicated that Sturgis has not been on the payroll for a number of years and that whatever his allegations about the Chilean Embassy, the Agency has no connection at all."

A friend sent me a CIA document dated 9th February, 1975. The subject heading is: "Telephone Call from John Dean". The memo is signed JRS and a copy is sent to General Vernon Walters, the Director of the CIA. The memo included the following: "I discussed these matters with Bill Colby, who indicated that Sturgis has not been on the payroll for a number of years and that whatever his allegations about the Chilean Embassy, the Agency has no connection at all."

Was this all related to the current and future activity involving the assassination of Chilean Orlando Letelier in 1976 or an attempt to separate

the CIA from Sturgis' obvious Watergate participation and his now conclusive JFK murder involvement? What did Chile have to do with John

Dean and this memo? Forgive my ignorance on this topic.

In a second FBI Memorandum dated 22nd June 1962, it was reported that Alexander Rorke had been interviewed by the FBI. The report claims that:

Rorke advised that on the last leaflet-dropping flight over Cuba, he was with Fiorini and that one of the two planes they used were lost, and the pilots of this lost plane were identified as Bob Swannee of Mississippi and Bob Thompson of Melbourne, Florida. Rorke stated that this leaflet-dropping operation was entirely supported by the CIA.

In connection with the flights over Cuba, Rorke stated that Fiorini does not pilot the planes and acts for the most part as a co-pilot. The planes are rented in the United States and flown to bases outside the United States such as the Bahamas. In making the contract for the rental of the planes, usually someone other than Fiorini signs the contract, although Fiorini is in contact with local CIA agents in Miami relative to the details of the flight. Rorke stated that Fiorini has instructions that on these flights, if he is arrested or stopped, he is to notify the officers that they should telephone a number which is the number of the CIA office in the Miami area. Fiorini has also been informed, according to Rorke, that if anyone arrests him, CIA will get him out. Rorke identified the CIA contact in Miami as one "Barker". Rorke stated that he did not know whether this was an assumed name or the individual's real name.

Rorke advised that he could not understand why the Bureau was interested now in the activities of Fiorini as all of Fiorini's actions are fully known to CIA in Miami and there should be a record of his activities on file with CIA in Washington, D.C. Rorke stated he knows for a fact that Fiorini has not done anything on his own and that whatever he has done in the past he has done on instructions from CIA…

Rorke advised that he originally made contact with CIA regarding Fiorini and recommended the use by CIA of Fiorini and his group. Rorke identified Commander Anderson of the United States Navy, who is assigned to CIA overt office in New York, as his original contact. He further advised that additional contacts had been made in Washington, D. C. and activities of Fiorini and his group had been discussed through intermediaries with Colonel King and Deke James of CIA headquarters, Washington, D.C….

Rorke advised that in the event Fiorini would be arrested for his anti-Castro activities, he, Rorke, having good connections with a well-known newspaper chain, will make plenty of trouble for those involved.

For the information of the Bureau, the newspaper chain, will make plenty of trouble for those involved.

You will find out more about Alexander Irwin Rorke here:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...o?docSetId=1222

Alexander Rorke was one of the handful of people heading up Charles Willoughby's Anti-Communist Liaison - Committee of Correspondence along with Rev. Billy James Hargis, Edward Hunter ("Brainwashing") and that White House correspondent, a woman, whose name escapes me now... Sarah McClendon perhaps? She actually approached me during a Washington, DC JFK conference when Al Gore, Jr. was speaking at the same hotel, with someone who attended the Providence conference when I presented on Willoughby: "Looking for Hate in all the Right Places."

Another story on Willoughby was later printed in HighTimes Magazine under a smokescreen. (Pun intended.) He steered her in my direction. (No pun intended.) And she then quizzed me over lunch about why I thought Willoughby was a principal in the JFK plot. I had no idea who she really was at that time and I just gave her the standard published story lines including the Dick Russell informant's reference. She was just on an intelligence gathering mission, I concluded a few years later when I read her obituary. She was known for her long rants and difficult

questions at White House Press Corps news conferences. She was basically a right-wing wacko and nutball who had to be humored for decades by various Presidents. JFK stopped calling on her because of her wacked-out and embarrassing questions and she hated him for it apparently.

She worked for some small dry gulch tumbleweed-swept right wing Texas newspaper and met Willoughby and Morris through the Dallas John Birch Socieity apparently. Why they picked her for their Anti-Communist Liaison - Committee of Correspondence is beyond me. Any ideas?

Does she deserve a distinct thread on Spartacus? She is on Wikipedia, I think. Can't say for sure.

More on Rorke and McClendon submitted to Wikipedia....

McClendon was a member of Maj. Gen. Charles Willoughby's Anti-Communist Liaison - Committee of Correspondence which featured a handful of people closely associated with both the CIA or Military Intelligence and the JFK Assassination by multiple independent researchers: Rev. Billy James Hargis, Alexander Rorke who died 2 months before the JFK assassination but was a constant associate of Frank Sturgis now definitively tied to the JFK plot by E. Howard Hunt, his CIA case officer, and Edward Hunter, the author of Brainwashing which was published by Henry Regnery Press (1952) one of the foremost Holocaust Denial and anti-Semitic publishers in existence. Regnery's father William Regnery headed up the pro-Fascist America First Committee which was so isolationist before World War II that they were considered pro-Nazi. Rev. Gerald L K Smith, perhaps the most prominent Clerical Fascist of the 20th Century also was a prominent leader in the America First movement and the Hollywood Blacklisting campaign, as well as William Dudley Pelley's Nazi-inspired Silver Shirts and the xenophobic Christian Nationalist Crusade. Hunter was a self-described fascist and an anti-Semite who is considered to be the originator of the term Mind Control. Willoughby himself was identified as a JFK plot conspirator in The Man Who Knew Too Much by Dick Russell as Adolph Tscheppe-Weidenbach, published in 1994 by Carroll and Graf. McClendon penetrated the Coalition on Political Assassinations as a founding member, in order to gather intelligence on the status of the JFK Assassination investigation ostensibly to determine how close investigators were getting to implicating her cohorts like Willoughby, Sturgis, Hunter, Regnery and Hargis in the events surrounding the JFK assassination conundrum. McClendon was a constant associate of McCarthyites, anti-Semites, dedicated xenophobics and pro-Fascists for most of her lifetime.

Cantankerous McCarthyite and MacArthurite and professional Curmudgeon Sarah McClendon was really a Mata Hari in disguise.

She helped to found COPA but for the most part that was only to keep an eye on how close COPA researchers were coming

to solidifying the case against her friends on Willoughby's Anti-Communist Liaison - Committee of Correspondence like

Edward "Brainwashing" Hunter who shows up in Manchurian Candidate as Andrew Salter, the Rev. Billy James Hargis, and perhaps even

Alex Rorke even though he died 2 months before the actual death of JFK. As you recall, Willoughby was confirmed as a JFK

plotmaster by Dick Russell's informant in The Man Who Knew Too Much in the letter sent to Russell from the King Edward Sheraton or on

stationery from that Canadian hotel. Beware of Greeks bearing gifts or ex-McCarthyites who say they are just here to help you.

She was a confidante of Otto Otepka as well. She was one evil, conniving and manipulative intelligence operative for the Reich Wing

and for the McCarthyites plus the MacArthurites plus the pro-Fascists and John Birchers from Dallas like Robert Morris and Charles

Willoughby.

Edward Hunter and Andrew Salter qualify as anagrams to a match level of about 75%.

McClendon was basically a female version of pro-Nazi Col. Philip J. Corso who was one of her close fiends. He also jumped on the Alien Autopsy bandwagon near the end of his life like McClendon, promoted the Vince Foster suicide garbage and other comparable right wing conspiracy theories. When you analyze what they both did to block the truth about JFK you can appreciate the power of controlling the press. The Vince Foster theme was meant to discredit President Clinton somehow by implying that he had Vince Foster killed when he was really driven to suicide by the likes of McClendon, Corso, Otepka, Revilo Oliver and the Regnery Publishing House plus the Liberty Lobby crowd, and all the other paranoid, vindictive, viragos and bastidges, operating as accusatory circling vultures as well as the bitter ex-McCarthyites and ex-MacArthurites.

The Vince Foster family should sue any of these persons and organizations for wrongful death and they would be fully justified and should prevail. May these Reich Wing viragos and bastidges all fry in Hell forever. I really mean that.

Veteran White House reporter Sarah McClendon dies

WASHINGTON (AP) — White House reporter Sarah McClendon, who covered every president since Franklin D. Roosevelt and was known for shouting questions at most of them, died Tuesday at 92. McClendon wrote often about treatment of veterans, government secrecy and other issues.

clear.gif

07mcclendon-inside.jpgclear.gif

Sarah McClendon wrote that journalism 'offers the best opportunity to serve one's country, the people and the public interest.' clear.gif AP file A spokeswoman for Washington Veterans Administration Medical Center did not provide a cause of death for McClendon, who had been hospitalized since late last month.

For over half a century, presidents had found themselves confronted by her questions — often shouted — about treatment of veterans, government secrecy and other issues.

"She was one of the greatest newspaperwomen Washington ever saw," said Helen Thomas, who has covered the White House for decades and is currently a columnist for Hearst newspapers.

"She walked in where angels fear to tread," Thomas said. "She had guts, she asked the questions that should have been asked, and she asked questions for people who had no voice." She said McClendon "made the veins stand out" on President Eisenhower's forehead.

President Clinton sometimes seemed amused by McClendon.

"All of us who called on her in news conferences did so with a mixture of respect and fear, I suspect, because we would never quite know what she might say," Clinton said in a statement. "I couldn't help but admire her spirit."

For her part, McClendon said it was her duty to be aggressive with the nation's leaders.

"Citizen journalist is a mission I took for myself. It offers the best opportunity to serve one's country, the people and the public interest," McClendon wrote in her 1996 book, Mr. President, Mr. President!

"It has been a privilege to have lived this life," she added. "I cannot wait to get out of bed each morning and start living it some more."

She told her story for the McClendon News Service, a biweekly newsletter, which she founded, and a radio commentary which at one point was carried by 1,200 stations.

Besides her 1996 book, McClendon also wrote about her experiences in My Eight Presidents in 1977.

Her career began in 1931 at the Beaumont (Texas) Enterprise and the Tyler Courier-Times and Tyler Morning Telegraph. In 1944, she moved to the Washington bureau of the Philadelphia Daily News and two years later established the news service that bore her name.

McClendon was a graduate of Tyler Junior College and the University of Missouri. She also was a member of the Veterans Administration Advisory Board on Women Veterans and other military organizations.

She is survived by a daughter, Sally Newcomb MacDonald.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Was this all related to the current and future activity involving the assassination of Chilean Orlando Letelier in 1976 or an attempt to separate

the CIA from Sturgis' obvious Watergate participation and his now conclusive JFK murder involvement? What did Chile have to do with John

Dean and this memo? Forgive my ignorance on this topic.

The document says "that there is a new story being passed about in the press, primarily instigated by Seymour Hirsh of the New York Times. The story suggests that Sturgis... was the individual responsible for the burglarizing of the Chilian Embassy."

Interestingly, Don Bohning claimed in his article that I had used my website to link the CIA with the assassination of Orlando Letelier.

Was this all related to the current and future activity involving the assassination of Chilean Orlando Letelier in 1976 or an attempt to separate the CIA from Sturgis' obvious Watergate participation and his now conclusive JFK murder involvement? What did Chile have to do with John Dean and this memo? Forgive my ignorance on this topic.

The document says "that there is a new story being passed about in the press, primarily instigated by Seymour Hirsh of the New York Times. The story suggests that Sturgis... was the individual responsible for the burglarizing of the Chilian Embassy."

Interestingly, Don Bohning claimed in his article that I had used my website to link the CIA with the assassination of Orlando Letelier.

Well I could not imagine the anti-Castro Cuban exiles undertaking either the assassination campaigns against JFK or Letelier without the full support, encouragement and approval of the CIA, could you? Sturgis and the other South Florida Soldiers of Fortune became experts in exerting subtle blackmail pressures against the CIA whenever they ran afoul of the law and had to get out of hot water and quickly. And Sturgis knew where all the bodies were buried and how they got there. He had enough inside dope on the "Bay of Pigs issue", the JFK Assassination and even Watergate to play any of these cards as real threats whenever he wanted to.

I assume then that he somehow avoided incarceration or responsibility for the burglary of the Chilean embassy or received a diminished sentence? I am not aware of the details of this entire story. Of course the CIA exercised their right of "Plausible Denial" in this case regarding Sturgis which was a typical response. And they even used good old Seymour Hirsch to break the news to the world, who was a favored CIA asset. They used Seymour Hersch to break the story about James J. Angleton when they wanted to cut loose from "James Jesus" and hang him out to dry, too. The ostensible charge against Angleton, at least for public consumption, was that Angleton was caught illegally opening the mail of U.S. citizens when in fact they probably put two and two together and realized that Angleton had been

running his own "private CIA" for decades and that both he and his father were Nazi sympathizers and outright Fascists who had a whole lot to do with the JFK cover-up and planning on the American Security Council along with Robert J. Morris (former ONI), Ray S. Cline (CIA) and Charles Willoughby (MacArthur's G-2) who shared the leadership of the ASC with James J. Angleton. Shute even Richard Condon knew about the roles of Morris, Cline, MacArthur and Angleton in 1958 when he penned The Manchurian Candidate in 1958. All four of these guys plus Anastase Vonsiatsky were the subject of embedded anagrams in that "historical novel."

My conclusion therefore is that the CIA formally admitted that Sturgis WAS on the CIA payroll for several years which I can only assume covered the period from at least the early 1960's until the mid-1970's at a bare minimum. Since Sturgis has already been implicated, quite convincingly by Marita Lorenz, E. Howard Hunt and myself in either the Bay of Pigs, the JFK Assassination or Watergate one can only conclude that Sturgis WAS employed by the CIA while carrying out ALL of these campaigns. The only attempted cop-out would be to claiam that Sturgis did all FOUR campaigns (including Letelier) as a rogue agent which is totally B.S.

Therefore, IPSO FACTO, Sturgis and E. Howard Hunt participated in the plot to kill JFK based on:

(1) E. Howard Hunt's dying declaration and personal knowledge plus the CIA memo he was dying to rebut

(2) Marita Lorenz's sworn testimony in The Liberty Lobby trial and before the stupid HSCA who merely caught

her in a few minor date-time variances, and therefore concluded that she was lying

(3) My own personal observations and conclusions after Gordon Whineslow spooked Sturgis into threatening me

after Whineslow sold me down the river by telling Sturgis that I could place him at a Grapeland Heights, Miami based, CIA safehouse in 1963 along with E. Howard Hunt where a plot to murder JFK was overheard by my father and myself on or about 11/18/1963.

You guys have got to be careful out there. If you really had some valuable info and confided it someone you

trusted at first, just be aware that they WILL use it against you and they will tell it to someone who is affected by

it so they can squash, debunk or belittle that new information. It is called Information Control followed by Mind

Control and then Public Dissemination Control. Whineslow cozied up to Kram Diaz, too, and now neither one of

them is still part of the respected and trusted JFK research community. Were they disingenuous snitches? Absolutely. Who did they work for? YOU figure it out, OK? Even Letreb Nhoj who was a "chip" off the old block was justifiably concerned when he heard that Diaz was under sucpicion as a snitch, a plant and an informer. How the heck did he even know who Diaz was and who he was working for in Albany, NY about 250 miles away?

And when I told John Judge about "friendly grandpa" Gordon Hall, Arlington, MA (d. 2000) who donated over 300,000 periodicals to Brown University's Hall-Hoag collection on Extremist Orgarnizations John recognized the name as a subscriber to the COPA periodicals. I learned about Hall when he started penetrating an MIT based leftist organization under the ruse of "organizing your files" which they fell for hook, line and sinker. Sometimes free labor is not the best labor in the world. But somehow Sarah McClendon was given rights as a founding member of COPA when it turns out she was a snitch, a plant and an informer. Hall appeared a book by Frank Donner called the Age of Surveillance.

Hall was even once almost elected President of a local American Nazi Party org in Boston according to the curator at

Brown University he is "that" good. He could swing both ways... leftist or rightist and convince you that he believed in those points of view.

Hall-Hoag collection: http://www.namebase.org/sources/BZ.html

Hall was acknowledged in this book by Matt Lyons and Chip Berlet...

http://books.google.com/books?id=Md1aRhWNk...snum=2#PPR11,M1

And Don Bohning has a problem with this logic? Where's the beef? Bohning was probably the Miami Herald's Operation Mockingbird CIA plant just like Hal Hendrix of The Miami News was in fact. I knew Hendrix during my days as a Miami News Jimmy Olson-style copy boy then intern reporter during my high school summer jobs in 1961-1963. The South Florida Soldiers of Fortune used to trundle into Bill Baggs' and Ed Pierce's office about once a month with some new story to relate to these Editors of the News. That is how Hal Hendrix got the scoop about the upcoming coup d'etat against Juan Bosch. Except he screwed up and published the story the day BEFORE the actual coup. Boy talk about a Coup Scoop, huh? Wonder if anyone read that in Miami and called up Juan Bosch in the Dominican Republic.

"Hello, Juan, I just read the news in Miami and wondered how you were under the circumstances."

"What do you mean I am just fine. Everything is going great."

"You didn't read the news then? Turn on the TV, then. You just were the victim of a coup d'etat!"

"Coup de what? Hey, honey, do you know anything about a coup d'etat?"

"Is that like a ballet dance move?"

"No, it means I got fired and removed from office."

"Are they going to pay severance to you?"

"I am thinking maybe not."

"You need a box to clean out your desk?"

"I am thinking maybe not."

"Does that mean we have to move out of the palace?"

"I am thinking maybe yes."

"But you were the boss! Who could fire you then?"

"I am thinking maybe the CIA and those Trujillo affiliated bastidges."

"Do we have to pull the kids out of school and get out of town?"

"I am thinking yes."

"Call American Express then."

Certainly Gerry Hemming and Roy Hargraves and maybe even Alex Rorke and Geoffrey Sullivan were probably among the groups trundling into The Miami News although I did not know their names at the time. Almost all of them were over six feet tall and weighed about 200 pounds and sometimes showed up in camouflage gear and it made an impression on a 16 year old kid. I actually set the standard for the Miami News pre-employment intelligence exam achieving the highest score in the history of that test, which lasted about 5 hours, and was almost equivalent to an SAT test, at 99.5% which was never broken by anyone at either the News of any other company that administered the test. I was only 15 years old at the time and they considered me some sort of child prodigy which in fact I probably was by dint of the fact of outscoring even Bill Baggs, Ed Pierce, Milt Sosin, Jack Kassewitz, Howard Klein and Hal Hendrix plus a few Pulitzer Prize winning writers. And I am the only person to get into an Ivy League School in the entire early baby-boomer generation (1945-1950) who was the progeny of 2 first-generation immigrants. In the first few years of elementary school we all spoke broken English, got average grades and had difficulty adjusting. This news would make Wickliffe P. Draper roll over in his grave, that an immigrant family could track his butt down. How do you think I managed to solve the JFK Assassination anyway? With a Ouiji Board or a Dart Board? Get real. Mrs. Bevilaqua didn't raise no fools!

Case Closed.

Edited by John Bevilaqua

Was this all related to the current and future activity involving the assassination of Chilean Orlando Letelier in 1976 or an attempt to separate the CIA from Sturgis' obvious Watergate participation and his now conclusive JFK murder involvement? What did Chile have to do with John Dean and this memo? Forgive my ignorance on this topic.

Ironic is it not? Gordon Whineslow did the same thing to me when he related to Frank Sturgis that I could place Sturgis at a CIA safehouse in Miami frequented by anti-Castro Cuban exiles as well as E. Howard Hunt, Jack Ruby and a few others. This safehouse was apparently one of several in Miami referred to by E. Howard Hunt during his "deathbed confession" to his son, Saint James, a few years ago. It is almost like Bohning was EXPECTING you to link the CIA to the Letelier assassination, then he THOUGHT he saw evidence of that on your site, since he knows for a fact that they WERE linked to the Letelier murder and in a a classic knee jerk reaction he started defraying and deflecting

and defending the CIA from these imagined attacks and charges.

Here is Bohning's CIA case officer speaking to Bohning:

CIA officer: "Hey Don, this is the Magic Mushroom."

Bohning: "Oh, hi Bill. Lucy in the Sky with Di-a-monds. Heh, he! The Blue Dolphin swims under the Moonlit Sky."

CIA officer: "You f***ing moron, I TOLD you never to use my name on the phone! What is that Blue Dolphin s*** all about?"

Bohning: "Sorry about that dude, my mind is slipping.... Alzhammer's you know. I thought that was our safe word when the

pain gets too much to bear and I want you to pull it out."

CIA officer: "First of all, that is Alzheimer's not Alzhammer's you idiot. Second of all you know I stopped doing that Blue Dolphin s*** years ago. And Lastly how come you are doing the Plausible Denial thing about the Letelier hit on Simkin's site?"

Bohning: "I thought that was what you hired me for, wasn't it? And I will never forget that Blue Dolphin stuff, how could you?"

CIA officer: "Never mind. Yeah... but... only you only go into Plausible Denial AFTER those assertions or allegations are made, you moron, not BEFORE! What page were you on anyway?"

Bohning: "Oh, s***, sorry about that Chief. Page 27, blue tab section. Does that mean that Maxwell Smart is going to take away my shoe phone, too?"

CIA officer: "I wish we could take away your license to be stupid! That should have been the red tab: 'Plausible Denial after allegations made.'"

Bohning: "OK, never mind..., I get the picture now."

CIA officer: "You are worse then Hal Hendrix at The Miami News. Do you know what he did? He published the story about Juan Bosch's coup d'etat the frigging day BEFORE it happened in The Miami News? How do I get you guys assigned to me?"

Bohning: "Just lucky, I guess."

CIA officer: "F***ing Idiot! Moron! Good bye."

Bohing: "Bye, Bill. Say hello to June for me."

CIA officer: "Aaaarrrr-gggg-hhhhhh! Click!"

Edited by John Bevilaqua

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_276-300/doc0286.html

[RIF 157-10014-10230. Miscellaneous records of the Church Committee. Originating agency CIA.]

2515 N.W. 12nd Street

Miami, Florida 33167

7 May 1976

Mr. Gene Wilson

Information and Privacy Coordinator

Central Intelligence Agency

Washington, D.C. 20205

Re: Pre-freedom of information request notice of charges.

Dear Mr. Wilson:

Before exercising my right to a freedom of information request for copies of any and all available (in accordance with the declassification processes stipulated in Executive Order 11652 and its amendment of January 1974) files of records and documents, both computerized and manual apposite of me and my activities under my present and former names and pseudonyms, I hereby request the complete and final estimate of charges for search and duplication services.

As regards the charges for these services, two matters may be worthy of consideration. The first of them, is that, given the proper access codes, the execution of a computer search is neither difficult nor costly. And the second is that in light of the controversial nature of my past, a waiver or reduction of charges may conduce to the furtherance of the public interest. I therefore respectfully request that these factors be considered in the making of a decision as to the cost of services.

In compliance with your request for identity verification (pursuant to provisions of the 1974 Privacy Act, section 552, subsections b and d) I hereby swear before a notary public as to my name and former names, my present address, my date as well as place of birth, and my citizenship. Thanking you for your cooperation, I am

Yours truly,

Frank Sturgis

a.k.a. Frank Angelo Fiorino

Frank Angelo Fiorini

Frank A. Fiorini

Frank Anthony Sturgis

Frank A. Sturgis

Frank Sturgis

Frank Bonnelli

Frank Campbell

code names:

Federini

Barbarossa

Samson

born 9 December 1924 in Norfolk, Va.

United States of American citizenship

CHRONOLOGICAL SKETCH OF RESIDENCES AND EMPLOYMENT OF:

Frank Sturgis

present address:

2515 N.W. 122nd Street

Miami, Florida 33167

also known as: Frank Anthony Sturgis

Frank A. Sturgis

Frank Angelo Fiorini

Frank A. Fiorini

Frank Fiorini

Frank Angelo Fiorino

1924, Dec. 9--------------------born in Norfolk, Va

1930-1942----------------------resided at 510 High Street, Germantown, Philadelphia, Pa.

1942-1945----------------------U.S. Marine Corps Reserve (Paris is., S.C.; Pacific theater)

1945----------------------------honorable discharge-Klamouth Falls, Ore.

1945----------------------------Miami, Florida

c.1945-1948--------------------Norfolk, Va. adrs: Bank St., etc. joined Norfolk Police Dept.

attended William and Mary College

also attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute

c.1946-employed as manager of the Virginia Tavern on East Main Street

c.1949-employed as owner and manager of the Whitehorse Tavern on East Main Street

c.1948--------------------------enlisted in the U.S. Naval Reserve at Norfolk Naval Air Station

c.1949---------------------------honorable discharge

c.1949-1950--------------------U.S. Merchant Marine traveling to and from Europe.

c.1950-1952--------------------U.S. Army - stationed in Germany

c.1952---------------------------honorable discharge

c.1952-1954--------------------owner-manager of Tophat Nightclub in Virginia Beach, Va.

c.1956-1961--------------------Cuba (Sierra Maestra); Miami, Florida; Mexico; Venezuela,

Costa Rica; Guatemala; Panama; Honduras; Bahama Is.

1958: contact with CIA at US Consulate-Santiago, Cuba

1959: contact with FBI HQ - Washington, DC

1961-1970: Bay of Pigs - CIA control officer Sam Jenis [sanjenis]

End of Page

Copyright 1998-2006 Cuban Information Archives. All Rights Reserved.