The Education Forum

Connellys wounds

My own studies, John, have indicated that it was possible a bullet exiting Kennedy's neck could go on to hit Connally, but not likely that a bullet entering Kennedy's back in the position of the autopsy photos could do so,  And NOT CE 399, which was insufficiently damaged to invoke so much damage!  Furthermore, when one studies the Z-film, and the positions of the bodies required to make the SBT work, one can see that Connally wasn't over far enough in his seat to have a laser project back from his armpit through Kennedy's throat and into the sniper's nest. When one positions the bodies properly it  points back towards the Dal-tex.

Partly I worded my comments badly. For a shot to have gone through Kennedy and Connally that shot could not have come from the sixth floor.

There are different ways that one can interpret the body positions for each frame let alone for any frame. One thing that seems clear to me is that the relative positions of Kennedy and Connally makes a SBT from the TSBD impossible.

The way I have oriented the body of Connally makes a single bullet for his wounds possible. It supports also Mrs Connally's statement to the end that he was hit with a different bullet to the one that hit Kennedy.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

further :

To see whether this posture is possible as far as leg room goes, this superimposition indicates it is

Edited by John Dolva

If my suggested body position/posture is correct then it seems to me that Connally is in the necessary pose AND the trajectory lines up, when he has appeared from behind the sign for a few meters.

At other times when the posture is right the trajectrory isn't and vice versa. Or so it seems to me. One thing this study has shown me more than anything is that if Connally and Kennedywere both shot from the TSBD, then it wasn't with the same bullet. Of course I must accept that I may have made some significant error.

The image shows the relative positions of Zapruder, sign, buildings and street levels in front elevation and birdseye view ( based on plot by Don).

Edited by John Dolva

John Dolva Posted Yesterday, 09:11 PM

If my suggested body position/posture is correct then it seems to me that Connally is in the necessary pose AND the trajectory lines up, when he has appeared from behind the sign for a few meters.

At other times when the posture is right the trajectrory isn't and vice versa. Or so it seems to me. One thing this study has shown me more than anything is that if Connally and Kennedywere both shot from the TSBD, then it wasn't with the same bullet. Of course I must accept that I may have made some significant error.

The image shows the relative positions of Zapruder, sign, buildings and street levels in front elevation and birdseye view ( based on plot by Don).

John, I applaud you on your work. I think one of the key approaches in finding the probable locations of the shooters needs to be done as you have done it; through examining the wounds.

In my view it would be enough to just look at Connally's back and chest wound (entry and exit), i.e. the two points needed to find a third on the bullets path; the origin.

The thing left to do, is to figure out Connaly's exact position at point of impact.

From what I read, in your postings this is what you have done. Am I correct? In my view this should have been done properly in the re-enactment in 1964... or whenever it took place.

Nice work! Give us your opinion, based on your work, where you think the bullets originated...Thanks

Thank you for the kind words, Antti.

I used the plot of Connally's chest wounds as a start. Then I took correctly sized body parts from a typical caucasian male that matched an image of Connally's body. I placed the wrist wound and thigh wound xrays on these body parts then made individualy swiveling shoulder, arm, hip, femura and sought a posture that would obey how these components move while maintaining posture proportions. (it'd be good if someone independently repeated this and checked results, I don't assume that I am right, However it seems possible that I am)

Sometimes the whole affair seems like a series of inept assumptions that gave partly an appearance of conspiracy due to the ego's of those guilty of ineptitude wishing to cover their mistakes.

The posture I arrived at does seem to fit accounts by Mrs Connally and seems to fit the room available in the Limo. Descriptions of posture and referral to images seem to match the period of a few meters just as Connally appears from behind the sign and for a few meters more.

This image shows roughly a sweep of the origin over this period. Only the red is put on by me. There are error margins involved. When I don't assume errors and I do assume I have correct body pose I get the point of origin to be the second window, not the snipers nest, of 6th floor TSBD.

As one can only assume what happened behind the sign, one may extrapolate this sweep to include the Dal-Tex building.

It seems to me also that at no time during this period does Kennedy line up with Connally for a shot from the TSBD in order for Connally to receive the wounds that he does.

Edited by John Dolva

I was thinking about that Connally shot. After reading 2 accounts [one was Igor Vaganov, the other I can't recall, possibly Charles Rogers] of a specific technique, I think known as a 'double tap,' perhaps some of the confusion surrounding Connally's wound can theoretically be explained.

- There were early reports of automatic gunfire.

- There were ear witness accounts of shots being heard [at least 2] too close together to have been from a bolt action weapon.

- There is confusion over the wounds sustained by Kennedy and Connally, the timing and the trajectories involved.

So even if we assume a well timed fusillade, coordinated by radio and/or hand signal, it still seems to leave questions behind when we examine the timing, trajectories and sequence of the wounds - particularly the Connally wound.

The technique of the 'double-tap' was employed by Vaganov prior to the shooting, as per witnesses that knew him. Using an automatic or semi-automatic, say like an M1 Garand, you carefully follow your target through the scope. When you it's time to fire, you squeeze off 2 consecutive rounds as fast as possible. In this way, allegedly, Vaganov used to be able to hit flying birds from a moving car. I'm not suggesting Vaganov was a shooter - only that the technique existed at the time, and may have been used in this situation [i originally thought this technique could have been deployed for the headshot].

If the speed of the motorcade could be reasonably estimated, and if the location of the shooter was certain, and if [many ifs - I won't list them all] the elevation and position of the men could be simulated, I'd like to see what the result of a double-tap would look like - say...from the 5th floor farthest East window of the TSBD.

Perhaps one of the resident experts on ballistics could expand upon the concept of the double-tap?

- lee

Lee, I've considered a semi as well. When looking around for what was available on the american continent at the time there is a high quality mauser for example, called the fn 1949, semi, 20 clip. This model was sent in block lots to various south american countries, for example in argentinia, the 'argentine mauser'. (It apparently had a fierce brass spit pattern that influenced battle formation as no one wanted to be in line for same.)

A double tap from the 5th floor can be imagined by moving the above lines down a fraction. As there is no reason within the particular configuration I have suggested here to allow for a second bullet, in this case I don't 'see it'. (I do see reason for it in a Kennedy head shot from the left.)

Pat and John

Let me begin by saying that the actual events of November 22, 1963 are not my area of expertise. I study Walker and the events surrounding his life and associations. But:

" And NOT CE 399, which was insufficiently damaged to invoke so much damage!"

This statement is what gives me cause to sit back and just continue to listen within this debate that continues to trouble me.

If CE 399 was planted the degree of planning in this assassination would have had to provide for foreknowledge of a Connally thigh wound that did not penitrate very deep and which allowed the spent bullet to be found and plausibly identified as the bullet that caused so many entry and exit wounds. If no CE399 was found we would all be wondering what happened to the "magic bullet" that disappeared after doing so much damage but never exited Connally's thigh.

This continues to bother me and I appreciate the work that you continue to do to provide explanations.

Jim Root

Jim, you've touched on an excellent point. I've been following Tom Purvis' theory about the origins of CE-399, and his theory makes sense...as far as it goes. Perhaps CE-399 fell out of JFK's back wound...that still leaves a mystery as to what happened to the round that found Connally's thigh.

On another note...referring again to Tom Purvis' work...since his theory is that JFK was hit by the tree-deflected shot to the back--a fragment of which exited the throat--and then two separate shots to the head....

...then Conally must have been struck by a fourth bullet.

And with John Dolva's work, which is demonstrating that Connally's wounds are consistent with a shot from somewhere other than the "sniper"s nest," we appear to be heading once again toward the conclusion that there must have been more than one assassin.

So, after forty years, with the help of the most up-to-date computer imaging technology, along with the long-buried survey date...we're coming right back to where we were, theory-wise, in the mid 1960's. But at least we're arriving there based upon more solid, provable information than what some of the early conspiracy theories were based upon.

That's my take so far. Of course, I got to that point by being willing to suspend my preconceived ideas about where the shots came from, and about what the Z-film actually shows [i guess that depends upon which version you've seen].

Edited by Mark Knight

Lee, I've considered a semi as well. When looking around for what was available on the american continent at the time there is a high quality mauser for example, called the fn 1949, semi, 20 clip. This model was sent in block lots to various south american countries, for example in argentinia, the 'argentine mauser'. (It apparently had a fierce brass spit pattern that influenced battle formation as no one wanted to be in line for same.)

John, there were a large number - another good one was the M1 Garand.

- lee

Data On The M1 Garand Rifle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rifle Caliber .30 M1 Basic Stats:

Mechanism:

- Semi-auto gas operated - air cooled

Usual Caliber:

- 30-06

Weight:

- 9.5 pounds

- With Accessories: 11.25

Length:

- 43.5 inches

Barrel:

- 24 inches

Loading Device:

- Enbloc Clip

Capacity:

- 8 rounds

Trigger pull:

- 5.5 - 7.5 pounds

Max Effective rate of fire:

- 16-24rpm

Range:

- Max -3200 meters

- Effective - 460 meters

Sights:

- Front - "Fixed" but is windage adjustable with wrench

- Rear -Adjustable

- (1 click = .7cm at 25 yards)

- Approx 1 MOA per click (1 inch at 100 yards)

Jim, you've touched on an excellent point.  I've been following Tom Purvis' theory about the origins of CE-399, and his theory makes sense...as far as it goes.  Perhaps CE-399 fell out of JFK's back wound...that still leaves a mystery as to what happened to the round that found Connally's thigh.

On another note...referring again to Tom Purvis' work...since his theory is that JFK was hit by the tree-deflected shot to the back--a fragment of which exited the throat--and then two separate shots to the head....

And with John Dolva's work, which is demonstrating that Connally's wounds are consistent with a shot from somewhere other than the "sniper"s nest,"  we appear to be heading once again toward the conclusion that there must have been more than one assassin.

So, after forty years, with the help of the most up-to-date computer imaging technology, along with the long-buried survey date...we're coming right back to where we were, theory-wise, in the mid 1960's.  But at least we're arriving there based upon more solid, provable information than what some of the early conspiracy theories were based upon.

That's my take so far.  Of course, I got to that point by being willing to suspend my preconceived ideas about where the shots came from, and about what the Z-film actually shows [i guess that depends upon which version you've seen].

Nope!

JBC was hit in the wrist by a fragment from the second shot, (headshot at Z-313), and the remainder of his wounds were created by the "real" magic bullet/aka third/last/final shot.

That being the shot which struck JFK in the head a/about station 4+95 (30-feet past the Z-313 headshot), as determined by the US Secret Service with an unaltered version of the Z-film, and as witnessed by Mr. James Altgens who was standing on the street directly by the presidential limousine when this shot struck and blew blood and cerebral tissue in his direction.

After penetrating through the coat collar of JFK, this bullet continued on, entering the head at the edge of the hairline, traversing through the fleshy part of the neck (which was in almost the horizontal position), striking JFK in the vicinity of the EOP.

This bullet damaged the upper portion of the occipital lobe, traversed through the mid-brain of JFK and exited in the frontal lobe of the brain.

Thereafter to continue on to strike JBC in the right shoulder, penetrate through his chest and exit into the left inner thigh of his leg.

At the time of impact to JBC, he was laying across towards Mr. Connally with his back and shoulder exposed in the open area between the jump seats in which they sat.

Tom.

Politicians, not unlike magicians, can make things disappear.--To include bullets!

I once spent too much time trying to reconstruct this piece - does anyone have the original? The area highlighted in yellow represented my 'reconstruction' effort, trying to make use of the font, the letter size, and what was available. I don't think I got it right.

- lee

Jim, you've touched on an excellent point.  I've been following Tom Purvis' theory about the origins of CE-399, and his theory makes sense...as far as it goes.  Perhaps CE-399 fell out of JFK's back wound...that still leaves a mystery as to what happened to the round that found Connally's thigh.

And with John Dolva's work, which is demonstrating that Connally's wounds are consistent with a shot from somewhere other than the "sniper"s nest,"  we appear to be heading once again toward the conclusion that there must have been more than one assassin.

So, after forty years, with the help of the most up-to-date computer imaging technology, along with the long-buried survey date...we're coming right back to where we were, theory-wise, in the mid 1960's.  But at least we're arriving there based upon more solid, provable information than what some of the early conspiracy theories were based upon.

That's my take so far.  Of course, I got to that point by being willing to suspend my preconceived ideas about where the shots came from, and about what the Z-film actually shows [i guess that depends upon which version you've seen].

Nope!

JBC was hit in the wrist by a fragment from the second shot, (headshot at Z-313), and the remainder of his wounds were created by the "real" magic bullet/aka third/last/final shot.

That being the shot which struck JFK in the head a/about station 4+95 (30-feet past the Z-313 headshot), as determined by the US Secret Service with an unaltered version of the Z-film, and as witnessed by Mr. James Altgens who was standing on the street directly by the presidential limousine when this shot struck and blew blood and cerebral tissue in his direction.

After penetrating through the coat collar of JFK, this bullet continued on, entering the head at the edge of the hairline, traversing through the fleshy part of the neck (which was in almost the horizontal position), striking JFK in the vicinity of the EOP.

This bullet damaged the upper portion of the occipital lobe, traversed through the mid-brain of JFK and exited in the frontal lobe of the brain.

Thereafter to continue on to strike JBC in the right shoulder, penetrate through his chest and exit into the left inner thigh of his leg.

At the time of impact to JBC, he was laying across towards Mr. Connally with his back and shoulder exposed in the open area between the jump seats in which they sat.

Tom.

Politicians, not unlike magicians, can make things disappear.--To include bullets!

P.S. Forgot mention, were it not for the washing of the coat of JBC, the blood splatter on this coat would no doubt serve to indicate that the "buckshot" which he claimed to have felt was the splatter from the head of JFK as JBC lay across the open area of the seats.

Kind of hard to get blood splatter all along the left shoulder and lower portion of the back of the coat when one is sitting up erect in a car seat.

Tom

P.S. Unless done extremely well, luminol may still work on the coat.

Nope!

Tom.

That's very interesting , Tom, it appears that if one takes the configuration I suggested above, and tilts, kennedy and consequently Coannally over with Kennedy now sitting back instead of leaning forward then that trajectory might be possible. How do you explain the other Limousine damage and the 'tague' damage?

Nope!

Tom.

That's very interesting , Tom, it appears that if one takes the configuration I suggested above, and tilts, kennedy and consequently Coannally over with Kennedy now sitting back instead of leaning forward then that trajectory might be possible. How do you explain the other Limousine damage and the 'tague' damage?

Perhaps a review of the head wound of JFK as determined by the autopsy surgeons and as also witnessed by those present would assist in placement of JFK in the proper configuration.

1. The entry into the scalp was just into the edge of the hairline.

2. The bullet passed through the fleshy part of the base of the neck.

3. To strike the skull in the vicinity of slightly above the eop.

The downward angle of fire was approximately 11 to 12 degrees.

If you want JFK's approximate position, Z-338 is just prior to impact.

The cracked windshield and damaged windshield molding ar a result of the fragmentation of the head shot at Z-313, as was the wrist wound of JBC.

If one will look good at Z-312 they will see the right forearm of JBC in an almost horizontal position.

The Parkland Dr. Clearly stated that the wound to JBC's wrist was created by an irregular missile of limited velocity. It carried considerable fabric from the coat and shirt into the the backside of the wrist, to include carrying air into the wound as it tore tendon and muscle.

Since there was only one bullet which fragmented, this is again one of those relatively simple things to resolve.

Other than the fact that the reported "Connally wrist fragments" now match in NAA CE399.

(no secret on this one)

The Tague hit was also a result of one of these fragments from the head of JFK.

Many will tell you that this can not be so.

However, these same experts have failed to explain exactly how this bullet struck the skull and fragmented in the manner which it did.

Since they do not understand this fragmentation, many again yell "conspiracy" and exploding bullets,etc.

Somewhere I have another drawing which demonstrates exactly how this bullet fragmented and sent pieces from the nose of the bullet flying into the air.

Not unlike CE399, there is really nothing difficult about placing together the remnants of this bullet with the one anterior/posterior X-ray and determining exactly what transpired to rip this bullet apart.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis