The Education Forum

John Birch Society

Robert,

James Moseley was sentenced to life imprisonment. He later recanted his confession.

As to the image, I have no idea who the photographer was but the uncropped version is the one with Clint Hill poised over JFK and Jackie. There was a foot sticking out over the side of the door and I believe there was discussion on the forum earlier about whether or not it was JFK's or Hill's.

John, yes, I have distant memories of seeing such a film but the details escape me for now. I submit there is a lot of background yet to come out regarding the right-wing in both Dallas and Miami. Oswald was framed as a Communist but I do believe there was a right-wing frame in the mix as well.

James

John,

James,

I have some film footage showing teenagers with tape across their mouths enroute to Parkland Hospital

which has the markings of the right wing.

johnw

I believe this to be the Joiner family of Grand Prarie, several of whom were arrested at the Trade Mart.

You can find their arrest records in the DPD Archives.

See Bobbie Joiner's FBI interview of 6/8/64, CD 1179 page 142.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=152

As an aside, Bobbie Joiner talks about renting an Uncle Sam costume in preparation of Adlai Stevenson's visit.

I remember running across an account in the DPd Archives one time about someone seeing a teenager dressed in an Uncle Sam's costume in Dallas Police Headquarters following JFK's assassination, but I've never been able to find it again.

Steve Thomas

• 2 months later...

QUOTE(John Simkin @ Aug 7 2007, 05:01 PM)

Has anyone got any information on William Frawley, the Californian industrialist who was INCA's largest financial contributor. The web seems to have nothing on this man yet he was a major funder of both Nixon and Reagan and was probably the main figure behind the INCA cover-up in 1967.

-------------

John, could you be thinking of Patrick J. Frawley Jr. Christian and Turner have this to day about him in thier RFK book. The context is about right wingers

in LA area (some actual Birchers) who were trying to feed a trail of planted bread crumbs to the media, the purpose being to depict the basically apolitical Sirhan as a leftist with links to Castro:

In time the LAPD discredited Duarte's identification of Sirhan by producing a look-alike Iranian student who had

been at the leftist meeting and recalled being involved in the altercation. However, the entire scenario struck us

as all too familiar. In August 1963 lee Harvey Oswald was accosted by an anti-Castro exile while handing out

pro-Catro-litterature on the streets of NO. Shortly after the scuffle Oswald was invited to participate in a radio

debate on the subject. In the evening of the day John Kennedy was shot, taped excerpts were broadcast nationally

Oswald was heard by millions proclaiming, "I am a Marxist!"

Both the debate and the assassination-evening ariring of the excerpts were arranged by Edward S. Butler, who

headed a right wing propaganda outfit in New Orleans called the Information Council of the Americas. By 1968

Butler had moved to Los Angeles, where he carried on with financial aid from PATRICK J. FRAWLEY JR.. cheif executive

officer of the Schick Safety Razor Company. For years Frawley generously supported hard-line conservatives such

as Ronald Reagan, Barry Goldwater, and Sam Yorty. (p.59)

This part I found especially intersting. Sam Yorty and Frawley both belonged to the American Security Council. So did Senator Dodd. Dodd's committee was investigating the inter-state gun sales that just happened to have Oswalds papers ready and waiting. Might these LA locals have been involved on the California end, coordinated with Dodd via the American Security Council?

What a weirdo was Dodd!

-----

Does anyone know of any links between the American Security Council and the John Birch Society?

I certainly agree that the John Birch Society was a far-out fringe group with some pretty wacko ideas. As most know, its founder Robert WEelch argued that Eisenhower was a conscious agent of the Communist conspiracy. I do not recall for sure but I suspect he harbored similar views about JFK.

But there is an interesting point here that also relates to those who think the CIA as an institution was involved.

It is one thing to say that members of the JBS may have been involved in the assassination. It is quite another to say that the JBS itself was involved. Arguably, the JBS as a corporation (if it was a corporation) could only be involved if its board of directors or other governing body had authorized its involvement. What if Robert Welch, JBS President, was involved? That fact is not IMO sufficient to sully the reputation of the entire organization (which is not, of course, to say that its reputation was stellar in the first place).

It is one thing to hold far-out political views about the POTUS. It is an entirely different thing to participate or even endorse his violent elimination.

I think one could speculate that JBS members may have been involved--and it would be pure speculation so far as I know--but I do not know how one could ever argue that the governing body of the organization had endorsed or sponsored the assassination.

Jack White might enjoy this question?

In Penn Jones, series FMG Vol 3 page page 57, there is a very clear B & W photograph, of 'what appears' to be the JFK Limo en route to Parkland just a few minute after the assassination, in the background picture clearly is a man on top of a building, who strongly appears to be holding a rifle with his right arm fully extended & holding the rifle at a horizontal angle, I was wondering if Jack, or anybody else for that matter has a jpeg image of this photo, it is not credited to my knowledge, in the book and may be an old photo from the Midlothian Mirror, if an actual rifle it lends credence to the contention of several individuals who believe that the site of JFK's assassination was originally to be at the Dallas Trade Mart, or en route to it. Harry Dean if I am not mistaken believes that to be the case, as well as myself.

Robert,

Is this the photo you refer to?

James

James,

I have some film footage showing teenagers with tape across their mouths enroute to Parkland Hospital

which has the markings of the right wing. Several images taken at Love Field and prior to Dealey Plaza which once again has the markings of the right and do not forget the IMPEACH EARL WARREN board along with the image taken by Jack Ruby.

johnw

By Jove, James that is indeed the photo...Gracias Por Favor....Can you tell us which, photo this is? It bears a great degree of similarity to the AP Worldwide Photo....[a B&W which is more like a poor reproduction of a newspaper photo....] shown on page 45 of Robert Groden's "The Killing of a President," except that photo has a building in the background with a sign that say's Corham......my guess is the photo you reproduced for us was taken virtually within seconds of the photo in Groden's book....At any rate, the reason I was attempting to sound out Jack is he probably would know the locale better than I do...At any rate Thank's......

PS what's the scoop on the guy [James Moseley Jr.] who was charged with the axe-murder of Porter Bledsoe......? Was he convicted...to paraphrase Spike Lee...Do ya know, Do ya know Do ya know?

This photo was discussed extensively here last year. I always thought the CORHAM sign was

a Chevrolet dealer...but researchers finally established that it was a florist. The thread likely

is still archived.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

In Penn Jones, series FMG Vol 3 page page 57, there is a very clear B & W photograph, of 'what appears' to be the JFK Limo en route to Parkland just a few minute after the assassination, in the background picture clearly is a man on top of a building, who strongly appears to be holding a rifle with his right arm fully extended & holding the rifle at a horizontal angle, I was wondering if Jack, or anybody else for that matter has a jpeg image of this photo, it is not credited to my knowledge, in the book and may be an old photo from the Midlothian Mirror, if an actual rifle it lends credence to the contention of several individuals who believe that the site of JFK's assassination was originally to be at the Dallas Trade Mart, or en route to it. Harry Dean if I am not mistaken believes that to be the case, as well as myself.

Robert,

James

James,

which has the markings of the right wing. Several images taken at Love Field and prior to Dealey Plaza which once again has the markings of the right and do not forget the IMPEACH EARL WARREN board along with the image taken by Jack Ruby.

johnw

By Jove, James that is indeed the photo...Gracias Por Favor....Can you tell us which, photo this is? It bears a great degree of similarity to the AP Worldwide Photo....[a B&W which is more like a poor reproduction of a newspaper photo....] shown on page 45 of Robert Groden's "The Killing of a President," except that photo has a building in the background with a sign that say's Corham......my guess is the photo you reproduced for us was taken virtually within seconds of the photo in Groden's book....At any rate, the reason I was attempting to sound out Jack is he probably would know the locale better than I do...At any rate Thank's......

PS what's the scoop on the guy [James Moseley Jr.] who was charged with the axe-murder of Porter Bledsoe......? Was he convicted...to paraphrase Spike Lee...Do ya know, Do ya know Do ya know?

This photo was discussed extensively here last year. I always thought the CORHAM sign was

a Chevrolet dealer...but researchers finally established that it was a florist. The thread likely

is still archived.

Jack

Were the Joiner individuals Steve Thomas mentioned related to "Dad" Joiner?

"Dad" Joiner knew H.L. Hunt back in the 1930's, albeit when they both were in the early days of their oil and gas boom day's......Did anybody know that H.L. Hunt's right wing hysteria was directed against the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr five years after Dallas?

See

Orders to Kill by William Pepper pps 349-353 and elsewhere.....Marcello's name turns up in the MLK Assassination, and I cannot help but note the backgroundi of Army Intelligence at both assassination sites

The 112th MIG at Dallas and the 111th MIG in Birmingham........

Robert,

James

James,

johnw

is still archived.

Jack

Were the Joiner individuals Steve Thomas mentioned related to "Dad" Joiner?

"Dad" Joiner knew H.L. Hunt back in the 1930's, albeit when they both were in the early days of their oil and gas boom day's......Did anybody know that H.L. Hunt's right wing hysteria was directed against the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr five years after Dallas?

See

Orders to Kill by William Pepper pps 349-353 and elsewhere.....Marcello's name turns up in the MLK Assassination, and I cannot help but note the background of Army Intelligence at both assassination sites

The 112th MIG at Dallas and the 111th MIG in Birmingham........