The Education Forum

The Gerhart incident

Lee Forman

Comparing the account in TMOTGK to official records, I would have to conclude that Rogers was not the person who traveled to MC posing as Lee Harvey Oswald.

1) The book describes "Carlos" as wearing a suit and fedora hat when he met LHO and "Charles" outside the Gergart residence. EP Hammett, the ticket agent who sold the ticket to Laredo officially deemed to have been purchased by Oswald, described the buyer as wearing a brown and white pull-over sweater, white dungarees, and dirty white canvass shoes.

2) The ticket buyer first made inquiries about tickets to Laredo and Mexico at about midnight. According to the book, LHO and "Charles" wait in vain for "Carlos" at the bus terminal before walking to the Gerharts and arriving at about 9:30pm. LHO finally contacts "Carlos" by phone between 10:15 and 10:30. The book suggests that they had only just missed "Carlos'" arrival at the terminal. It is possible Rogers made inquiries about tickets before apparently heading home... but whatever time that was, it would have been significantly prior to midnight.

3) Hammett told the FBI that the person finally purchased a ticket between 1:30 and 2:00am - which may fit with the book which has them in various discussions, riding cabs, and LHO and "Charles" booking into a Marcello hotel before "Carlos" returns to the terminal and buys a Laredo ticket.

4) The book has "Carlos" using Oswald's name in the purchase of the ticket. Hammett told the FBI that he didn't need to obtain names to sell the tickets.

5) The book has "Carlos" using LHO ID's that do not contain photos. The two "Australian" girls on the bus specifically said "Oswald" showed them his passport.

6) The book has "Carlos" as a smoker. No bus passengers recall "Oswald" smoking.

7) No passengers note the 4 inch height discrepancy.

--------------------------

Random junk dept:

Acording to the book, Rogers and Harrelson were both from Huntsville. So was Buell Frazier and his family.

--------------------------

For the record, I do tend to believe that someone else went to MC posing as Oswald - and that Oswald did probably stay in Houston.

Here's why: Houston, We Have a Problem

I do not believe Rogers was one of the tramps, FWIW. Always found this one to be a bit odd though....

Lee, have I got this right? Is that Rogers in the insert photo? Thanks. Denis.

Hi Denis - no, that is one crop taken from one of the tramp photos compared against another. That is what makes it so strange.

I am very interested in seeing what Gerry Hoy of GD looked like - and why Sprague knew whom it was RB Cutler was talking about - with a connection to the MLK assassination as well. Especially after reading about the bizarre case that allegedly involved Suite 8F group and a former FBI agent named IB Hale working security for GD - involving Robert Hale [aka Papa Pilgrim] and Judyth Exener in a blackmail project.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&p=18523

I don't buy Charles Rogers as one of the tramps - interesting if he was another pilot though - like Ferrie, Rourke, Plumlee, etc. According to TMOTGK, similar projects as Ferrie, fluent in Spanish, etc.

- lee

I do not believe Rogers was one of the tramps, FWIW. Always found this one to be a bit odd though....

Lee, (or anyone)--

What's "odd" about seeing, next to each other, two pictures of the tall tramp? (Harrelson, IMHO, BTW, FWIW.)

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves