The Education Forum

Joseph Miltter

Gary Buell

I didn't see a thread on Milteer.

Milteer Document

Thanks to Domenica Carriere and the others at the Louisian State University In Shreveport, Noel Memorial Library; Archives and Special Collections for this document and the others that I will post tomorrow. When I have scanning capability I will add scans. Dr. Edward R. Fields was editor of the Thunderbolt, an extremist right-wing publication.

NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS

NATIONAL STATES RIGHTS PARTY

P.O. Box 6263 Phone (912) 355-4271

SAVANNAH, GEORGIA 31405

Feb. 6, 1969

Dear Mr. Milteer:

Please read the enclosed issue of PERSONAL NEWSLETTER very closely. We have just learned from positive sources that the man Somersett is going to put the finger on, and charge as “Top Gun” in the Jim Garrison investigation is – YOU! Bill Sommerset has long been a paid pimp for the ADL. He gave Gerstein and Gelber a tape of a conversation he had with you – he claims it was shortly before the JFK assassination. They are going to play it at the trial in New Orleans with Somersett testifying and lying as usual. It looks as if they are going to name you as the “TOP GUN” in the conspiracy. If Garrison issues a subpoena for you, phone Attorney Stoner without delay – he may be able to help save you from this frame up. You might also write the Councilor and inform them you are a Patriotic Right-Winger and not to name you as the TOP GUN. That rat Somersett and Gerstein in Miami are behind this entire plot against you.

For Christ & Nation

Dr. Edward R. Fields

Edited by Gary Buell

I was about to ask about Milteer as well...

I always found it rather odd that Milteer was implicated, whether he did or didn't fortell of the assassination if only because his dead ringer was in Dealy Plaza that day. I'm pretty good with faces.....

If the story surrounding Milteer is 100% fact, then someone was handing out invites and it's mighty surprising someone hasn't spoken up..

No one is that good at keeping a secret.

How reliable is the information on Milteer and his report to the FBI?

Could it be they wanted every wacko extremist in America there at the same time just in case?

Milteer, a Right wing God bully wacko...?

Brading/Lee/Braden a Mobster/Crack shot?

Any number of cubans?

I mean you coulda pinned the thing on anyone...

I hope thats a question?

I know I'm baffled..

Thanks for reading and posting..

Dobson...

I didn't see a thread on Milteer.

Milteer Document

Thanks to Domenica Carriere and the others at the Louisian State University In Shreveport, Noel Memorial Library; Archives and Special Collections for this document and the others that I will post tomorrow. When I have scanning capability I will add scans. Dr. Edward R. Fields was editor of the Thunderbolt, an extremist right-wing publication.

NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS

NATIONAL STATES RIGHTS PARTY

P.O. Box 6263 Phone (912) 355-4271

SAVANNAH, GEORGIA 31405

Feb. 6, 1969

Dear Mr. Milteer:

Please read the enclosed issue of PERSONAL NEWSLETTER very closely. We have just learned from positive sources that the man Somersett is going to put the finger on, and charge as “Top Gun” in the Jim Garrison investigation is – YOU! Bill Sommerset has long been a paid pimp for the ADL. He gave Gerstein and Gelber a tape of a conversation he had with you – he claims it was shortly before the JFK assassination. They are going to play it at the trial in New Orleans with Somersett testifying and lying as usual. It looks as if they are going to name you as the “TOP GUN” in the conspiracy. If Garrison issues a subpoena for you, phone Attorney Stoner without delay – he may be able to help save you from this frame up. You might also write the Councilor and inform them you are a Patriotic Right-Winger and not to name you as the TOP GUN. That rat Somersett and Gerstein in Miami are behind this entire plot against you.

For Christ & Nation

Dr. Edward R. Fields

Gary,Blair. Given the type of dudes Milteer associated with perhaps secrecy is not so surprising.

From http://www.fpp.co.uk/Legal/Penguin/witness/Levitas.html and http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/Fields.asp...d=2&item=Fields

"A non-practicing chiropractor from Marietta, Georgia, Edward Fields has been active in white supremacist and anti-Semitic groups since he was a teenager in the late 1940s. Beginning a decade later, when he founded the National States Rights Party (NSRP), and lasting into the mid-1970s, Fields was a significant force in the racist world, known both for collaborating with notorious racist bomber J.B. Stoner and for publishing the NSRP's Thunderbolt newspaper. He was forced out of the group in 1983 and his influence has since waned, but his crude writings continue to circulate widely. He maintains an impressive network of extreme-right connections in both the U.S. and Europe, and publishes The Truth At Last. He joined the National Alliance in 2003. "

Milteer's Response

Valdesta, Ga.

Feb. 9, 1969

Mr. Ned Touchstone

1827 Texas Avenue

Shreveport, La.

Dear Mr. Touchstone:

Quite some time since I have seen you or been out your way. However, I "visit" with you every once in a while through your paper, The Councilor.

From your paper, The Councilor, I see in the January 17th, 1969 Volume 6, No. 7, an article out of Baton Rouge that Big Jim Garrison is about to open his now famous or ill-famous case against Clay Shaw. Such a case has has been started and that is why I am writing to you at this time.

I have enclosed some photo stat copy sent to me by Dr. Edward R. Fields, editor of The Thunderbolt, Savannah, Ga. His letter is self explanatory as you can easily see.

Mr. Touchstone, I am the man that visited in your printing place and told you about forming an organization to be known as, "The States Eagles, and asked your cooperation in helping to put this new RIGHT WING organization before the people. I also talked with Mr. Smith, your associate, about this same matter. We never did arrive at any conclusion. I was a little disappointed to say the least.

Now as you can readily see, it appears that I am "Top Gun" suspect from a leak that has come about and Dr. Fields has so informed me. I ask you to faithfully and diligently and most carefully look into this matter fully and consider all angles before naming a RIGHT WING PATRIOT to such a diabolical plot as this. I am a RIGHT WING man, have been a RIGHT WING man for years and intend to remain a RIGHT WING man the rest of my live long days.

As a man on the RIGHT I fail to see how you can possibly name a man that sees matters as you do, works as you do and does about as you do, to such a fiendish, low, contemptible scheme and plot as is now perpetrated upon the American Public. Especially coming from a so called PIMP as outlined by Dr. Fields.

As Americans we stand together or we fall seperately. I shall appreciate your full cooperation in this matter.

Most sincerely,

J.A. Milteer,

P.O. Box 873,

Valesta, Ga.

Ned Touchstones reply:

February 17, 1969

Dr. Edwards R. Fields

National States Rights Party

P. O. Box 6263

Savannah, Georgia 31405

Dr. Fields and Mr. Milteer:

I am writing you jointly as a result of exchange of correspondence between the two of you and of Mr. Milteer's letter to me of February 9, 1969.

The name of the top gun suspect as given to me is not Milteer. This name begins with an "S".

As Councilor editor I stand on accuracy of stories which have appeared in The Councilor itself. I have made it clear time and again that I do not endorse all of the statements made by Mr. Garrison. In fact, I would think that after Mr. Garrison got deeper into the case that he probably would not endorse some of the remarks that he made during the early period of his investigation. If an innocent man is named in New Orleans as a co-conspirator, then I will be just as dedicated in helping clear his name as I have been in helping to bring the attention of the world to David Ferrie.

Sincerely yours,

Ned Touchstone

P.S. on both letters

I tried to telephone both of you today, but was told that Dr. Fields was out of the offcie and could get no number for Mr. Milteer

Milteer's Response

Valdesta, Ga.

Feb. 9, 1969

Mr. Ned Touchstone

1827 Texas Avenue

Shreveport, La.

Dear Mr. Touchstone:

Quite some time since I have seen you or been out your way. However, I "visit" with you every once in a while through your paper, The Councilor.

From your paper, The Councilor, I see in the January 17th, 1969 Volume 6, No. 7, an article out of Baton Rouge that Big Jim Garrison is about to open his now famous or ill-famous case against Clay Shaw. Such a case has has been started and that is why I am writing to you at this time.

I have enclosed some photo stat copy sent to me by Dr. Edward R. Fields, editor of The Thunderbolt, Savannah, Ga. His letter is self explanatory as you can easily see.

Mr. Touchstone, I am the man that visited in your printing place and told you about forming an organization to be known as, "The States Eagles, and asked your cooperation in helping to put this new RIGHT WING organization before the people. I also talked with Mr. Smith, your associate, about this same matter. We never did arrive at any conclusion. I was a little disappointed to say the least.

Now as you can readily see, it appears that I am "Top Gun" suspect from a leak that has come about and Dr. Fields has so informed me. I ask you to faithfully and diligently and most carefully look into this matter fully and consider all angles before naming a RIGHT WING PATRIOT to such a diabolical plot as this. I am a RIGHT WING man, have been a RIGHT WING man for years and intend to remain a RIGHT WING man the rest of my live long days.

As a man on the RIGHT I fail to see how you can possibly name a man that sees matters as you do, works as you do and does about as you do, to such a fiendish, low, contemptible scheme and plot as is now perpetrated upon the American Public. Especially coming from a so called PIMP as outlined by Dr. Fields.

As Americans we stand together or we fall seperately. I shall appreciate your full cooperation in this matter.

Most sincerely,

J.A. Milteer,

P.O. Box 873,

Valesta, Ga.

Ned Touchstones reply:

February 17, 1969

Dr. Edwards R. Fields

National States Rights Party

P. O. Box 6263

Savannah, Georgia 31405

Dr. Fields and Mr. Milteer:

I am writing you jointly as a result of exchange of correspondence between the two of you and of Mr. Milteer's letter to me of February 9, 1969.

The name of the top gun suspect as given to me is not Milteer. This name begins with an "S".

As Councilor editor I stand on accuracy of stories which have appeared in The Councilor itself. I have made it clear time and again that I do not endorse all of the statements made by Mr. Garrison. In fact, I would think that after Mr. Garrison got deeper into the case that he probably would not endorse some of the remarks that he made during the early period of his investigation. If an innocent man is named in New Orleans as a co-conspirator, then I will be just as dedicated in helping clear his name as I have been in helping to bring the attention of the world to David Ferrie.

Sincerely yours,

Ned Touchstone

P.S. on both letters

I tried to telephone both of you today, but was told that Dr. Fields was out of the offcie and could get no number for Mr. Milteer

Gary,

Thanks for these. If I remember correctly, the "S" shooter hinted at by The Councilor was Emilio Santana.

Dave