The Education Forum

Adventures in Missions

Tim Gratz

Has John "got religion"?

This is the doctrinal statement of "Adventures in Missions", one of the new advertisers on the Forum:

We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is authoritative and infallible in the original writings.

We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.

We believe that faith in our Lord Jesus Christ is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful man.

We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.

We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and eternal life.

We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ

I would endorse the group! Look at its web-site and you will see the marvelous work that this group does all over the world.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Had the KKK advertised on the Forum, would you then jump to the conclusion that John had joined them as well?

If Depends undergarments became an advertiser, would you assume that John had started using THEIR product? What about Paxil, Zoloft, or Prozac?

C'mon, Tim...while it's probably more fun on that side of the looking glass, over here in Reality-ville, the colors are more true.

I just thought it rather ironic, like the old ads for the "Right Wing Conspiracy".

I hope, and suspect, that John would not allow KKK ads on the Forum.

Perhaps you do not know it, Mark, but the Keys advertise themselves as "Somewhere South of Reality".

Buffet's song is right: "Changes in Latitudes; Changes in Attitudes"!

Edited by Tim Gratz

Perhaps it's appropriate, then, that the Forum hasn't heretofore had advertising for feminine hygiene products, lest Tim begin questioning John's gender as well.

Presumably a man can be in favor of females using female hygiene products just as most women probably endorse male use of deodorant.

The irony is the acceptance of advertisements for a religion when you do not believe in religion.

But I know you are just having fun, Mark!