The Education Forum

Esquire Magazine: JFK Assassination (Dec. 1966)

John Simkin

It was this very Esquire article, coming on the heels of the LIFE issue headlined, "A Matter of Reasonable Doubt," which kindled my interest in the investigation of the JFK assassination...along with a lingering feeling that there was just something inherently wrong with the conclusions of the Warren Commission report.

• 7 years later...

It was this very Esquire article, coming on the heels of the LIFE issue headlined, "A Matter of Reasonable Doubt," which kindled my interest in the investigation of the JFK assassination...along with a lingering feeling that there was just something inherently wrong with the conclusions of the Warren Commission report.

It is assumed that you now know just exactly what it was that was "inherently wrong"

Tom

Guest Robert Morrow

28. CUI BONO THEORY

Proponents: Izvestia, Trud, Joachim Joesten, Barbara Garson, Don B. Reynolds, Jack Ruby and others.

Thesis: Although not one shred of hard evidence has been uncovered to prove them right, many people have taken the “Who benefited?” line of pursuit and point an accusing finger at Lyndon Johnson.

That list backing the "Cui Bono" theory sure has expanded over the next 40 years hasn't it? It is why I think Joachim Joesten is the greatest JFK researcher of all time. Ed Tatro #2. Vince Salandria #3. Robert Groden #4 Penn Jones #5 (on guts alone). Mark Lane #6 - (Just my opinions, always subject to change).

Bitter pill for many in America: the Russians were right!

So much of what Joesten wrote has been backed up by revelations that came out 14 years later (Madeleine Brown, Billie Sol Estes, Barr McClellan), E. Howard Hunt 30 years later, Roger Stone 40 years later.

Joesten also knew Oswald was US intelligence, that Cuba policy was a big factor. He really nailed the JFK assassination in real time, while the murderers of JFK were in power at their peaks.

In this same issue of Esquire, Dec. 1966, Edward Epstein wrote this:

In January of 1964 the Warren Commission learned that Don B. Reynolds, insurance agent and close associate of Bobby Baker, had been heard to say the FBI knew that Johnson was behind the assassination. When interviewed by the FBI, he denied this. But he did recount an incident during the swearing in of Kennedy in which Bobby Baker said words to the effect that the s.o.b. would never live out his term and that he would die a violent death.

Web link on Bobby Baker: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbakerB.htm

Trud: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trud_(newspaper)

Trud (Russian: Tpyд, meaning "labour") is one of Russia’s largest-circulation daily newspapers. It also publishes a weekend edition under a name "Trud-7". Since 2005, acquired by Promsvyazcapital Group and in 2008 has become a core asset of MEDIA3 holding, alongside with Argumenty i Fakty weekly. In February 2008, the daily newspaper has been completely re-branded, changed the format from broadsheet to compact, went full-color and now includes the only nation-wide job classifieds section.

It was established on 19 February 1921 as the mouthpiece for the Soviet Labor Unions

Edited by Robert Morrow