The Education Forum

William Pawley

John Simkin

"I believe it is possible that William Pawley paid for the assassination of JFK."
Nixon was also to be assassinated in 1970 and 1972. First was at Key Biscayne, the second was at the VVAW at Flamingo Park in Miami Beach Both events were financed by Pawley, both Nixon and Pawley are found in my father's phone book as well.

Who wanted Dick dead? It seems like the entire progress of events begun with LBJ's abdication, including the RFK killing, was set up to put Nixon in, as long as party politics didn't preclude his accession. (And Nixon and his people fought viciously against that.)

Amid a set of motions to correct the "mistake" of the 1960 election, who wanted Dick dead? Larry O'Brien?

I'm kidding about O'Brien (I think). But if you can tell us where these Nixon plots originate, you can add to our understanding of US politics, and of the so-called "culture of assassination." To know more about this is as important as understanding Nixon's relation to the Bremer-Wallace event.

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I believe it is possible that William Pawley paid for the assassination of JFK."
Nixon was also to be assassinated in 1970 and 1972. First was at Key Biscayne, the second was at the VVAW at Flamingo Park in Miami Beach Both events were financed by Pawley, both Nixon and Pawley are found in my father's phone book as well.

Who wanted Dick dead? It seems like the entire progress of events begun with LBJ's abdication, including the RFK killing, was set up to put Nixon in, as long as party politics didn't preclude his accession. (And Nixon and his people fought viciously against that.)

Amid a set of motions to correct the "mistake" of the 1963 election, who wanted Dick dead? Larry O'Brien?

I'm kidding about O'Brien (I think). But if you can tell us where these Nixon plots originate, you can add to our understanding of US politics, and of the so-called "culture of assassination." To know more about this is as important as understanding Nixon's relation to the Bremer-Wallace event.

It seems like the entire progress of events begun with LBJ's abdication, including the RFK killing, was set up to put Nixon in,

This is true, Nixon was to be their man, and after the Republican Party victory with Dick Nixon in the Presidential election of 1968, the Cuban exiles believed there would be a political change concerning Cuba. Several political exile leaders held meetings to devise future plans, my father was apart of these meetings, and according to Sturgis his former revolutionary friend, Manuel Airtime Buesa, would report that there would be no change.

And so the plot to assassinate Nixon was well on its way, (but failed) twice, it was Sturgis and my father who were devising such a plan. When Hemming was under investigation for his crimes, this was one of his questions to the US Government, requesting information on the assassination attempt on Nixon, both in 1970 and in 72. However, the FBI would not release the information that Hemming was seeking, and to this day it must be tied up in the FBI archives in which I'm fighting for the release of my father's information. The goal was to form a government allowing a second invasion into Cuba ousting out Castro, and while the Cubans had their hands full with Castro and the events going on in Miami. Nixon inherited both, their problems along with VN.

Maybe, this is why Nixon got screwed in Watergate, after all, it all started with Barker leaving his phone book only to be discovered in a hotel room, how stupid is that? And, in the book where the names HH and WH. No need to explain who those were.

Stugis and co. were already talking against Nixon, after Sturgis got arrested. It was no secret then, and it was around this time or perhaps earlier that my father started poking his nose into the assassination of JFK.

This is how my father ended up with the photos of Hunt, Sturgis and Liddy, but now we are getting into my book and I must say you will not be disappointed as it is full of information and may raise more questions then give answers. It does however, open up new avenues to explorer.

/srk

Edited by Scott Kaiser

''... . It seems like the entire progress of events begun with LBJ's abdication, including the RFK killing, was set up to put Nixon in, ...'' DA

There is a possible answer if one also includes Reuther, the ACLU, MLK and Charles Evers. I'd even look at the other ''most dangerous negro'' (Hoovers), : The organiser of the Pullman Porters. Therein is the group to eliminate, that could have stood up to the plate. Nixon wiped the board clean. It took him many more years to still the unrest that the US had been seething in for a decade. Then he shuffles off, is pardoned and bingo : business as usual.

To know more about this is as important as understanding Nixon's relation to the Bremer-Wallace event.

Wallace was luck to have survived.

had trouble uploading, sorry bout that..b

This is a good photo of a young Nixon and Eisenhower, that's the start to Nixon's ambition, wanting to become president, working under Eisenhower, he would do it too, become president, and nothing would stop him from achieving it.

• 1 year later...

A new book on Pawley has just been published.

William D. Pawley: The Extraordinary Life of the Adventurer, Entrepreneur, and Diplomat Who Cofounded the Flying Tigers by Anthony R. Carrozza

http://www.amazon.co.uk/William-Pawley-Extraordinary-Adventurer-Entrepreneur/dp/1597977144/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347689637&sr=1-1

William Douglas Pawley was a cross between Indiana Jones and Donald Trump. A self-made millionaire with little education, he immersed himself in whatever business venture he chose and usually came out on top. As a sales representative for the Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Pawley travelled to China in the 1930s and positioned himself as the one source of American military aircraft for the Chinese government. Eventually, he worked to support the Flying Tigers, the American volunteers flying for the Chinese Air Force, and built an airplane factory in India to give the Allies air power in Asia. President Harry Truman appointed Pawley as ambassador to Peru (1945-46), and to Brazil (1946-48). When Dwight Eisenhower ran for president, Pawley switched parties, campaigned for Ike, and was later assigned to the State Department. During this period, he dealt with world leaders on sensitive national security matters, such as back-door diplomacy in the Dominican Republic under Rafael Trujillo in Cuba at the time of Fidel Castro's takeover, and in a plot to overthrow the Guatemalan government in 1954. Later, in an effort to discredit President John Kennedy, Pawley financed secret Operation Tilt to help Russian missile officers defect from Cuba to the United States. This episode, involving a cast of characters from Mafia members to soldiers of fortune, was one of many in an adventure story beyond belief. Anthony R. Carrozza's in-depth biography looks at the extraordinary life of a man whose work influenced thirty years of American and international relations during World War II and the Cold War, and whose death resulted from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKpawley.htm

• 3 months later...

I keep thinking the same thing about Pawley, the soldiers of fortune, the CIA and mafia guys, the Cuban exiles. There are simply too many stories, too many connections,too much disinformation. Most importantly, these guys, in their attempts to get Castro, whether by killing him or by getting the US to attack him, were singularly unsuccessful. That in a nutshell is why I believe that it wasn't from this group that we are going to find the killers of Kennedy. It does not seem likely to me that the plot to kill JFK originated from the 'eastern establishment'. Sure, the old CIA boys were angry at JFK. But he was one of them. They didn't hate him.

Mr. Kelly posted something - sorry I cannot locate it right now - about how the JBS is the source of so much finger pointing at the left, and to them the left was just about everyone in the eastern establishment. They never complain about the Texas 'cowboys', the oil and defense companies. Its more than just a blind spot. Its deliberate disinformation, and shows the JBS for what they were - the old confederacy. That's where you find real hatred, not just anger. And that's where you find the willingness to kill an American president.

Dr. Strangelove, Seven Days in May, etc, and JFK and the Unspeakable, a meaningful book which shows some of the Joint Chiefs for what they were - warmongering idiots. For me it is this nexus, practically headquartered in Dallas, that needs deeper penetration.

What is the truth about the mysterious passenger who conversed with Oswald on the bus to Mexico? Why did Oswald go to Mexico? I cannot believe it was to meet Kostikov, or to get a visa to enter Cuba. Its what some plotters wanted us to believe, but I don't think that is what Oswald was up to. I think he was hunting fascists.

I would love for someone to prove to me that my suppositions are wrong.

What is the truth to the tale that the Bayo-Pawley raid survivors were machine-gunned from Pawley's boat or another friendly boat after they came paddling back from Cuba in failure?

Just a part of the raid that, if true, I don't quite understand.

UPDATE - If I remember correctly, this tale was discussed in a post on this forum some years back. Anybody remember of have info?

Edited by David Andrews

• 2 years later...

I am bumping this thread to see where it goes. I'm not sure what I think about the post I wrote, #204, on this thread. When I wrote it I was not aware of the connection between Operation Tilt and the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee and their man in the State Department Security office, Otto Otepka. Generally, following Carl Oglesby's definitions, I am much more suspicious of the Cowboys than the Yankees. But its too simplistic, as there are mutual interests that supercede eastern and western power centers. How would one characterize the Joint Chiefs for instance?

Bayo Pawley does seem like an important clue.