The Education Forum

The Magic Bullet

Tim Gratz

For anyone who may be on this forum in the next few minutes, at 1:00 am tonight (Eastern time) the History Channel is runnning a program on "The Magic Bullet" (or to that effect). That is about forty-five minutes from the tim,e of this posting.

In a few hours I will post my thoughts on the program.

It's on the "Discovery Channel". It's going to be two hours.

After the first few minutes it is clear it will be an attempt to defend the "lone gunman" theory.

It has already used several times Vincent Bugliosi who the narrator says is writing what will be "the most definitive" examination of the assassination.

Well, back to the tv . . .

Two hours is a lot to cover one magic bullet. Why doesn't it cover all three? There's the magic bullet that hit JFK and Connally, the magic bullet fired a few feet in front of RFK that doubled back and hit him point blank behind the ear, and the magic bullet that did a sharp right turn around a car door to hit Ronald Reagan. (Am I leaving one out?)

Two hours is a lot to cover one magic bullet. Why doesn't it cover all three? There's the magic bullet that hit JFK and Connally, the magic bullet fired a few feet in front of RFK that doubled back and hit him point blank behind the ear, and the magic bullet that did a sharp right turn around a car door to hit Ronald Reagan. (Am I leaving one out?)

No, that's them.