The Education Forum

Tony Izquierdo and a question of citizenship

While researching Tony Izquierdo, I came across this item from 1977; two years before he was killed in Nicaragua. As a Miami resident, the San Antonio angle is curious. I have no more details than what is written so if anyone can fill in the gaps, it would be greatly appreciated.

James

While researching Tony Izquierdo, I came across this item from 1977; two years before he was killed in Nicaragua. As a Miami resident, the San Antonio angle is curious. I have no more details than what is written so if anyone can fill in the gaps, it would be greatly appreciated.

James

----------------------------

James:

This was two years after I supplied several military T-10 parachutes [w/ 24 ft. T-7a reserve chutes] after Tony, "Papito" [of Contra fame], Frank Castro, et al. had experienced equipment difficulties while operating their "Sky Diving Club??" -- Los Halcones Dorados ["The Golden Hawks"]. Their DZ [parachuting "Drop Zone" was located some 65 miles west of Miami on the "Tamiami Trail" [u.S. #41]. Not surprisingly, this dirt airstrip/DZ was used regularly as a marijuana ["Marimba"] smuggling terminus. A fancier resort style private club/airstrip located some 7 miles further west, was denied to them, and the wealthy owners quickly got busted by our So. Fla. FBI/DEA-Drug Interdiction Task Force.

When Tony was mistakenly busted by a stupid Texas assistant U.S. Attorney, who sought instant fame [but was later fired instead], Manolo Reboso, Freddy Duran, et al. ran around like they had "sense-of-their-own" and almost blew the case. My suggestion was to leave Tony with his appointed federal public defender, and in open court use my previously proven tactic, to wit: pursuant to Farretta vs: California [sCOTUS-1975], make a demand in open court that he represent himself "Pro-Se" [in propria persona] with assistance of counsel.

This still terrifies prosecutors, who realize that the defendant MUST be permitted to join in both the "opening statement" and the "closing argument". Moreover, not only are these opportunities for severance from co-defendants, but permits the accused to give purported "testimony" without being under oath -- which obviously, and much to the chagrin of most "persecutors"; humanizes the defendant before the jury -- and usually costs a bundle for interpreters [and allows defendants to slowly contemplate their answers on "direct" & "cross' -- thereby raising a Socratic air of mystery, suspense, and sympathy.]

Tony submitted "Miami-prepared-pleadings" to the court, most notably a "Motion" format where he would question himself in long narrative fashion, and continue same during cross. Result: One pissed-off judge, who quickly made short work of the whole matter.

With thousands of "wet-backs" & "OTMs" streaming daily across the Rio Bravo, any focus upon a lowly CIA asset [especially one w/ mucho VIP supporters] was visibly an exercise in futility !!

Tony died in Nicaragua, strapped into one of my T-10 parachutes [w/reserve chute] when the WWII C-47 "Goony-Bird" blew an engine and the beaner drivers screwed up and "feathered" the wrong engine. The mission that day was to insert by parachute his ODA SF type team behind the Sandinistas lines near Rivas.

San Antonio was where the 5th Army Headquarters still stands. [Gen. Mark Clark's old North Africa WWII command]. The "Texicans", both Nat'l Guard & Reserves were more than happy to "lose" equipment to the anti-Sandinista fighters, as they were totally pissed off at "peanut-grubber" Carter's continous denial of aid to the ant-Fidel commie fight, and more so with the then aborning give-away of the Panama Canal -- which is now controlled by the same government which holds 57% of our Treasury Bonds, The Communist Chinese -- our new-found brothers ??!!

Cheers,

Gerry

Thanks, Gerry. That is terrific information.

On Izquierdo, do you have a theory as to why there is just so little on him to be sourced? Being a million miles away from Miami, I can't dig there but if you Google him, there is virtually nothing. He was obviously much respected given that the exile community through Gilberto Casanova spent $60,000 on a statue to be displayed in Little Havana.

You also mentioned Manolo Rebozo. I have him solidly connected to Bernard Barker. I also have a photo of them together somewhere which I will try to dig up. Was Rebozo related to Bebe do you know?

Cheers,

James

Thanks, Gerry. That is terrific information.

On Izquierdo, do you have a theory as to why there is just so little on him to be sourced? Being a million miles away from Miami, I can't dig there but if you Google him, there is virtually nothing. He was obviously much respected given that the exile community through Gilberto Casanova spent $60,000 on a statue to be displayed in Little Havana.

You also mentioned Manolo Rebozo. I have him solidly connected to Bernard Barker. I also have a photo of them together somewhere which I will try to dig up. Was Rebozo related to Bebe do you know?

Cheers,

James

------------------------

James:

I discern that some enlightenment is in order, now that the sissies [the "Village Idiot & newly signed on from another forum ("Chi-Town" groupy cohort) who offer absolutely nothing herein, save for gad-fly bitching & nagging from day one !!] alongside their snitch-renta-pig "madesmoiselle from the field of dreams" -- no doubt have their mouths full of some African "Pork-Roll" !!

Check the spelling, it's ReboSo, without a "Z" -- no relation. He was once Vice-Mayor of Miami, and was one of RFK's fvorites, as was Tony ["Izquierdito"].

Most likely the Kennedy Klan has insured that minimal information is ever released on Tony.

John & Andy: I have NEVER been a Republican, and only voted as an Independent in locales where it was permitted. I detest the phony Republican charlatans as much as I do their Democratic cohorts, who while in power for over 40 years, didn't do squat for the working classes, nor zip for the labor movements. Che commented more than once that: "...I was more radical than most of the other revolutionaries.."; and it was my opposition to the BOP [JM/ATE] project AB INITIO that "endeared" me ?? to the straight-leg REMF "Company" pogues.

Bill Turner writing that I was "unreliable" type, I couldn't find it ?? -- strange that he writes instead that I gave him the inside scoop on the Fidel assassination Ops [Veciana, et al.] a full two years before I testified to same before the Church Committee. Moreover, Bob Brown [sOF/Mag] disbelieved the Bayo/Pawley operation until both Turner & Billings straightened his ass out !! The SOF article was styled "Operation Red Cross", which he invented -- just where is the documentation that this was ever called "Op Tilt" or crypto'd as AM/TILT ??!!

RE: That operation. It started out as a anti-Papa Doc Haiti Op during February 1963, and was initially funded by Robert Emmett Johnson's donations from the Baltimore & NYC crowd [$75,000]; and as previously, Johnson intended to sell us out to the HNIC in Port au Prince for bigger buck$ !!

James, John, Spartacus, et al. -- most of the guys in the photos were Eduardo Perez troops [War name "Bayo" -- got that correct now -- nobody ever existed with the name "Eddy Bayo" !! Raul Castro gave Perez that war name during April 1958, just after he had left Fidel in the Sierra Maestra and set up shop in the northern Oriente Province mountain range [La Sierra Cristal] with headquarters in Mayari-Arriba.

InterPen was NEVER affilliated with Sturgis/Fiorin's imaginary A.C. Brigade, whose membership consisted of his old lady Jan, Jerry and Jimmy Buchanan, and Larry de Joseph. He was pissed that Rothman, ex-Colombia dictator Rojas Pinilla, Venezulan Perez Jimenez, Mike McClaney, et al. had cut off funds after the fiasco at Playa Giron, and was constantly lying about his partnership with us in attempts at more groceries. Fiorini/Sturgis always demanded ca$h, we insisted on grocery store lines of credit ONLY.

The name of the religious zealot was OSCAR PINO y PINO !!, and he survived about 4 days on No Name Key before running off to church in Perrine.

Returning to Bayo/Pawley: Rolando Martinez remained aboard the CIA subchaser "REX" while the weapons were off-loaded on the Bahamian island [Great Inagua -- check with the lighthous/bouy afficianados to identify the beacon and monument in the background of the photos.] The Soviet SAM artillery Regiment defectors had been originally taken prisoner during the shoot-out and capture of the Sov-Air Force manned SAM site, and the commandos [99% idigenous] then launched against Rudy Anderson's U-2, puncturing his pressure suit, and exploding his body [human blood boils at 98.6 degrees F. at 47,000 feet MSL] This was an Op partially coordinated by Bill Harvey, and it was this [amidst the Missile Crisis] raid which infuriated RFK; not the Matahambre Mine Op] A-la "Northwoods", they hoped that this would instigate a full blown invasion -- which with the "Luna" nuke-tipped/ant-maritime "cruise-missiles-- directed against the Task Force, would have left the southeastern U.S. glowing in the dark for 2,500 years !! Virgilio Gonzalez [Watergate] was NEVER "Sea-Borne", but instead worked out of Barker's office. Rip Robertson was NEVER on the "Flying Tiger II", but remained aboard the REX at all times. I have been in contact with the son of the late "Gringo" skipper of the REX [brooks was "paper-skipper" due to the Nica- flag]. However, this guy wants nothing to do with people that would immediately excoriate any and all, just as has happened with every person who I have "surfaced" !!

My only contact with Don Bohning while he was prepping "Castro Obsession" was my disputing that it was NOT Col. Frank Regan who advised Oliva, Artime, et al. to take the CIA instructors prisoner if the WH called the BOP off. Two of the Cuban Intel folks who testified [before RFK, Gen. Max Taylor, et al.] in the post-Op fact-finding hearings -- told both me and Tad Sculz that the following exchange occurred:

Taylor: "....You are the second person to relate this story of "pressing-on" if the invasion was called off.."

"..and who gave you these instructions??"

Cuban Intel Operator: "....It was Colonel Frank who briefed us first seperately, and then together.....

Taylor: "...And just WHO THE HELL IS THIS COLONEL FRANK..??!!"

Jack Pfeiffer: "..General..there actually were two Colonel Franks, and...."

Taylor: "...I don't give a damn about two...I want to know who the ONE is...the one who had this rogue plan...!!"

RFK: "...It's OK...you can go ahead and tell us everything.."

2nd Cuban Int/Op: "...He apparently outranked the first Colonel Frank [Frank Regan]...and the only thing that the other gring....Americans bragged on him was that....in the movie about the Normandy..you know in France...during the 2nd World...

Taylor: "...I was there...I jumped into Normandy...get on with it..."

2nd Cuban I/O: "...He was played by John Wayne in the movie...you know..where John Wayne broke his foot and had to be pushed around in a wheel-barrow..."

Taylor: "...You mean Sands of Iwo...."

RFK: "...No..he's referring to Ryan's book..the movie was D-Day the 6th of June..."

Taylor: "..Never saw it.."

RFK: "...OK...Jack...what is his real name..?"

J. P.: Colonel Benjamin Vandervoort..he has been with CIA for a few years..."

---------------------------------------

Col. Ben Vandervoort died at his home in Savannah, Georgia during the early 1990s, and he had retired with 25 years of loyal service to the CIA. In the ultimately released CIA I.G. Report, he is shown as being lesser in rank/job than Regan, but in fact was a D.C. honcho during the BOP.

Bayo/Pawley: The Soviet Missile Air Officers were transported to the Baracoa area, and the REX told Bayo by radio that the Sovs had to come out on the rubber boats...first and alone. That completed, when Bayo, et al. were approaching the REX, they were fired upon...and one guy was killed, with 2 wounded. The Soviets were delivered to GITMO, and either "Nosenko'd" or absorded into the American comfort zone with lips zipped. Bill Pawley abruptly cancelled the rented PBY-5A "Catalina" flying boat cruising off Cuba and attempting to make radio contact. Pawley went "ape-xxxx" after hearing a partial account of said events.

[More later on how he fell out-of-love with JFK, et al. after July 1963]

When FBI S/A George Davis came to my Just Island apartment to advise that we were needed at MIA when JFK came in on the 18th of November, he initially claimed that the older Santana brother was back in CONUS, and represented a threat to the President. Upon my correcting his bullxxxx, he switched to saying that Bayo had been turned and was the greater threat to JFK. When I asked why the hell would Bayo turn against us, he stated that nobody would give him all of the "skinny"; but somebody had betrayed Bayo, and it smelled like the "Company" !!