The Education Forum

Label on grey jacket - Maurice Holman

I have always thought the label, Made in California Maurice Holman, on the jacket said to have been tossed by LHO after allegedly shooting Tippit, referred to the manufacturer of the garment.

I am not so sure now.

Has anyone ever identified the manufacturer?

There was a Maurice Holman in Hollywood, CA in 1963. There was a Maurice Holman in Amarillo, TX in 1963.

Is it possible that the label simply meant that the jacket was made for Maurice Holman in CA?

Anyway, I may be way off base, but, I had to pose the question.

Chuck Robbins

I have always thought the label, Made in California Maurice Holman, on the jacket said to have been tossed by LHO after allegedly shooting Tippit, referred to the manufacturer of the garment.

I am not so sure now.

Has anyone ever identified the manufacturer?

There was a Maurice Holman in Hollywood, CA in 1963. There was a Maurice Holman in Amarillo, TX in 1963.

Is it possible that the label simply meant that the jacket was made for Maurice Holman in CA?

Anyway, I may be way off base, but, I had to pose the question.

Chuck Robbins

Hi Chuck,

according to this gentlemans given bussiness experience data, he did work for Maurice Holtman Inc. Mens and Boys outer wear from 1950-1963.

From his educational data, which lists him as a California student between 1960 and 1963, I assume that

the Maurice Holtman Inc. was located in California, possible in the Los Angeles area.

http://www.stapkeharrisllp.com/pages/mharris.htm

Edited by Dave Weaver