The Education Forum

Jim Garrison and Oliver Stone

Owen, is it possible to review the evidence that Jim may have overlooked, discounted (if any) or valued according to his FBI sympathies sans those sympathies in order to see what he may have missed?

A big ask of anyone, so what I mean is : does the evidence, transcripts etc exist as a 'body', accessible for review?

Owen, I found your contribution well put together and very readable. It covers information I'm not overly familiar with. I have, as a result of hte video 'The Garrison Tapes' and the movie JFK a sympathetic view of Garrison. I'm open to being shown wrong as well as having these attacks on him refuted. (One little bit of advise, Don't bit on the personal attacks, they discredit the attackers in their own words. It is unnecessary. Please continue.)

Thanks for your encouragement.

If Jim Garrison overlooked or discounted any information because of his former FBI associations (I've cited one example to the effect that he didn't), it probably wouldn't be reflected in his files. I wouldn't really know where to look for this information.

Edited by Owen Parsons

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no rebuttal for a man without integrity.

Nothing on this website has been effectively refuted, although the zeal to defend the man who effectively covered up the truth is indeed interesting.

http://www.geocities.com/zzzpeace/garrison.htm

Also, the claim that Garrison discredited the warren Commission is silly. The only thing that Garrison ever discredited is the truth -that's why David Ferrie dropped dead while in his custody:

I think the little high school student ought to go back to school.

You have started two threads where you have made two assertions concerning the events surrounding the assassination of JFK. Other members have politely explained to you that:

(1) Jim Garrison was a man of integrity who genuinely attempted to solve the assassination (although all will admit he made certain mistakes).

(2) That the Vietnam War might have been a factor in the assassination but is highly unlikely to have been the only factor.

You have failed to make your case and have now resorted to unpleasant attacks on your opponents. Your comments about Owen Parsons were especially unpleasant. I found this ironic as Owen, despite his years, is clearly more intelligent than yourself.

Your behaviour is not acceptable and if you continue in this way, your membership will be revoked and all your posts will be deleted.

[quote name='Lynne Foster' date='Oct 31 2005, 12:07 AM' post='43503']

There is no rebuttal for a man without integrity.

Nothing on this website has been effectively refuted, although the zeal to defend the man who effectively covered up the truth is indeed interesting.

http://www.geocities.com/zzzpeace/garrison.htm

Also, the claim that Garrison discredited the warren Commission is silly. The only thing that Garrison ever discredited is the truth -that's why David Ferrie dropped dead while in his custody:

I think the little high school student ought to go back to school.

Do you have anything meaningful to say about the assassination of JFK? You are a very hateful person.

Why are you really here on this forum?

The "high school student" could take you on intellectually with not a second's difficulty.

As for David Ferrie, Terry answered you there.

You're a bit out of your league here, in fact some of us wonder if you are who you say you are.

Have you considered therapy or anger management? Your attitude certainly suggests that you could benefit from such.

I shall ignore futhre post from you.

Dawn

Opps, Sorry John, I posted before I saw your post.

I will just ignore her, and Purvis as well. Being a LNer you'd think he maight be happier on

a forum run by McAdams....

Dawn

In considering that "Purvis" just may have slightly more training, education, and experience related to the subject of assassination, then perhaps most of those who value education & learning, also perhaps can evaluate between the potential for reliability of information on the subject matter as presented by diffferent sources.

Last time I wanted information related to clandestine/covert operations, I did not ask a "soccer mom" or even a "schoolteacher", who by virtue of lack of experience; education; and training; has nothing other than what they have read somewhere in providing their usually unreliable opinions.

In this regards, there is one item which history will ultimately classify as an "Absolute".

That being the fact that a SINGLE, (lone assassin) is responsible for the three shots which were fired in the assassination of JFK.

That you obviously lack the capability to distinguish between a LA (Lone Assassin) who was a part of a conspiracy which resulted in the death of JFK, as opposed to a LN (Lone Nut) who merely had nothing better to do on 11/22/63, is your failing.

\

Not mine!

That you, not unlike many/most others, fail to grasp that there are reasons other than "assassination conspiracy" for the actions of the WC, is your failing.

Not mine!

That you can derive no other motive for the assassination other than the "well worn" VIETNAM motive, is your failing.

Not mine.

Suprisingly enough, there are persons who have the capability for their own "independent thought process", and are not likely to be lead down the merry path of Charles Manson; Jim Jones; Jim Garrison; Oliver Stone; etc; etc; etc.

I would have hoped that someone who has studied law would therefore possess a far better grasp on the reality of presentation of "Fact".

But then again, attorney's are merely "people" also, who happen to have studied their subject matter. And as most are now aware (the OJ Trial), "Fact" often has little to do with anything in the American Jurisprudence System".

Just a few "Facts":

1. LHO had an uncle, (Louis B. Claverie) who was a member of a significant law firm in New Orleans, LA.

2. This Uncle, along with two other prominent members of the Law Firm, founded "FOR AMERICA", which was one of the far, far, far, right-wing radical elements in the American political spectrum.

3. The "Home Office" for this right-wing group was the exact same bldg. in Chicago, IL, from which LHO received financial aid upon his return from the Soviet Union.

4. In addition to the other connections, one of these members of the Law Firm, was also a representative for the United Fruit Company.

5. This association to United Fruit, also extends to this member of the Law Firm having met with revolutionary individuals who were seeking funding & backing for overthrow of the Guatemalean Government in the 1950's.

6. A large amount of the employment of LHO as well as his Mother, is directly traceable back to the associations of the members of this law firm as "Registered Agents" for the party for whom LHO & or his mother was employed.

7. LHO, as well as the "United Fruit" representative of this law firm, have direct family ties back to one of the single most prominent and respected families of the Civil War. IE: General PGT Beauregard.

8. This Law Firm, is itself, a direct descendent from a Confederate Civil War Officer in whose home Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of American, died.

9. This individual, who was an early founder of the law firm, also happens to have been the father of a New Orleans Stockbroker, who later merged with Merril Lynch, to become one of the largest stock brokerage firms in the US. (Merril Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, & Beane)

Now, the "Great Seeker of Truth, Justice, and the American Way)/aka Jim Garrison, lived in New Orleans and knew full well the social; political; and wealthy structural and family order of this region of the US.

So: One must question exactly why it is that some poor ole ignoramus from South Mississippi can present this information to the American Public, whereas the Honorable (Watch my Hands) Jim Garrison, DA of New Orleans, LA, could not find this information when it was directly under his nose.

There is little doubt as to what the "Circus" actions of Jim Garrison were about.

That persons continue to follow the circus and heap "Praise" at the alter, does not mean that the "Religion" has validity.

It is merely another demonstration of an aspect of human nature.

Garrison was of course fully aware of the reliability of Mr. Jack Martin/aka Suggs.

After all Garrison was in fact his boss, who paid him through the funds paid to Garrison's "Intelligence Agency", to pay Martin, for all of his worthwhile testimony; statements; and continued investigation of the assassination.

Garrison is most certainly not the "First" lawyer to figure a way to line his own pockets with taxpayer monies.

In fact, he is so far back on the list in New Orleans, that he hardly warrants mention.

Except for the enjoyable laugh at his antics.

A most interesting document. My time online is limited and I must admit that I have found your posts difficult to follow. But you have my attention now. What can you tell us about this "Intelligence Agency?"

Garrison was of course fully aware of the reliability of Mr. Jack Martin/aka Suggs.

After all Garrison was in fact his boss, who paid him through the funds paid to Garrison's "Intelligence Agency", to pay Martin, for all of his worthwhile testimony; statements; and continued investigation of the assassination.

Garrison is most certainly not the "First" lawyer to figure a way to line his own pockets with taxpayer monies.

In fact, he is so far back on the list in New Orleans, that he hardly warrants mention.

A most interesting document. My time online is limited and I must admit that I have found your posts difficult to follow. But you have my attention now. What can you tell us about this "Intelligence Agency?"

The "Intelligence Agency" was nothing more than a "Front" which has at time becomes known in NO, among those aware of it, as the "Garrison Detective Agency".

As you can see, Garrison was smart enough to file the Corporation as a "Non-Profit" entity. Which thereafter eliminated the need for various State & Federal document submission.

As a separate "Corporation", Garrison was thereby personally protected by the laws which separate the Corporate entity from the personal entity.

And, although the Corporation may have received funds which derived from it's activities, Garrison was responsible only for filing documentation relative to salaries paid to it's employees.

Therefore, good ole Mr. Jack Martin/aka Suggs, could be paid a salary from the "Detective Agency" /Intelligence Agency activities, and all other funds received expended as "expenses" related to the "Non-Profit" status of the corportion.

In that regard, one might want to look at how much of the New Orleans Taxpayers monies/DA budget was expended into "Investigation".

Also, this kept Martin/Suggs happily employed with more than adequate funds to keep him on the "happy" sideline, out out of the line of fire and away from "inquiring minds".

In that regard, it is also no coincidence, (some would obviously call it irrelevant) that prior to his employment with the "Garrison-Intelligence-Agency", Mr. Martin/aka Suggs was a part of the phony front organization "Louisiana-Psychoanalytic-Association".

It is also "possibly" irrelevant that the co-founder/registered agent with Martin in this venture was none other than Thomas Juse Baumler, father to the "Hon" Thomas J. Baumler, Jr of the Garrison-Intelligence-Agency.

The "Intelligence Agency" was nothing more than a "Front" which has at time becomes known in NO, among those aware of it, as the "Garrison Detective Agency".

As you can see, Garrison was smart enough to file the Corporation as a "Non-Profit" entity. Which thereafter eliminated the need for various State & Federal document submission.

As a separate "Corporation", Garrison was thereby personally protected by the laws which separate the Corporate entity from the personal entity.

And, although the Corporation may have received funds which derived from it's activities, Garrison was responsible only for filing documentation relative to salaries paid to it's employees.

Therefore, good ole Mr. Jack Martin/aka Suggs, could be paid a salary from the "Detective Agency" /Intelligence Agency activities, and all other funds received expended as "expenses" related to the "Non-Profit" status of the corportion.

In that regard, one might want to look at how much of the New Orleans Taxpayers monies/DA budget was expended into "Investigation".

Also, this kept Martin/Suggs happily employed with more than adequate funds to keep him on the "happy" sideline, out out of the line of fire and away from "inquiring minds".

In that regard, it is also no coincidence, (some would obviously call it irrelevant) that prior to his employment with the "Garrison-Intelligence-Agency", Mr. Martin/aka Suggs was a part of the phony front organization "Louisiana-Psychoanalytic-Association".

It is also "possibly" irrelevant that the co-founder/registered agent with Martin in this venture was none other than Thomas Juse Baumler, father to the "Hon" Thomas J. Baumler, Jr of the Garrison-Intelligence-Agency.

Joan Mellen, in her new book which I am currently reading, presents evidence that Jack Martin's real name was John J. Martin, and that he was CIA, and much more important than we have previously believed. Tommy Baumler I know worked for Banister and was a real rightwinger. What do you make of all this?

I will just ignore her, and Purvis as well. Being a LNer you'd think he maight be happier on

Dawn

Dawn,

FWIW I think you made the right call as to ignoring the poster. As well as where "they" might be better suited.

Too many have never talked to people from Louisiana that of Living Memory have a much more complimentary opinion of Judge (ELECTED REPEATEDLY) Jim Garrison.

Also as is often pointed out in this house to doubters - WHO ELSE TRIED to bring the case into any Criminal Court of law. That is more than any WC did or HSCA did or ARRB did.

A thing too easily forgotten by detractors and those that have never asked nor listened to People of Louisiana tell you about "Standard Oil and the same kinds of people that killed Huey Long did in Jack Kennedy and Jim Garrison was on the right track all along, but he had no chance to get 'em. The thing about corruption and slander of child sex is just more of the same thing he faced when he took them on at trial."

I'll keep and take the word of those that elected Jim Garrison and Re-elected Jim Garrison over the word of anyone else like say Ms. McMillian as known paid CIA hack. Sometimes the front porch talk of those that knew at the time is better than all the scholorship of CIA hacks.

Joan Mellen, in her new book which I am currently reading, presents evidence that Jack Martin's real name was John J. Martin, and that he was CIA, and much more important than we have previously believed. Tommy Baumler I know worked for Banister and was a real rightwinger. What do you make of all this?

1. Presentation of "evidence" is merely that. Presentation of factual and reliable evidence is quite a different story.

The "story" and history of Mr. Martin/aka Suggs is fairly well defined. If one wishes to think that the CIA employed drunk criminals as part of their covert operations, then so be it.

All such representation serves to indicate is how little those who expouse such theories know.

(not to state that the CIA is most certainly not above utilizing the services of someone like Martin. However, never as an employee)

Mr. Martin, in addition to the Garrison front, was involved as the "Registered Agent" and/or Vice President in a variety of other "front" organizations, which ranged from the phony "Divinity" Degree's to phony Junior College Degrees, to being co- Registered Agent with the owner of the bar (in another front) in which his episode with Bannister supposedly began.

About the only thing which I would consider more assinine than chasing the "Garrison" search for truth and justice, would be to follow along behind Mr. J.S. Martin/aka Suggs, and expect to find anything of any value.

2. The entire Garrison episode is not unlike the "mother bird" who flaps a wing as if injured, in order to lead any threat away from the true location of the nest.

In this regard, all were lead to a "Prominent" New Orleans Resident, who in fact had nothing whatsoever to do with any aspect of the assassination.

In this same regard, all were lead to the "Right-Wing" activities of Guy Bannister and associates.

Then, we were lead to the "Organized Crime" New Orleans element.

When following this "lead" , one should also recall that LHO also lead us to this same address of Guy Bannister & Associates as well, along with a few other trees in the forest.

When someone is waving their hand and yelling "watch this hand", it is generally best to watch the other hand.

Any good "Magic" show in Vegas will demonstrate this.

Of course one must also be aware of the fact that Mr. Garrison frequented the "Boston Club" of New Orleans also, which just so happens to be where all of the "elite" of New Orleans were members.

To of course include those previously mentioned lawyers.

I would have certainly hoped that no one would expect Mr. Garrison to lead them to anything which is truely "close to home".

However, this is merely a "hope" as reality recognizes how easily the human species can be lead and convinced into believing most anything.

Dawn

In considering that "Purvis" just may have slightly more training, education, and experience related to the subject of assassination, then perhaps most of those who value education & learning, also perhaps can evaluate between the potential for reliability of information on the subject matter as presented by diffferent sources.

Last time I wanted information related to clandestine/covert operations, I did not ask a "soccer mom" or even a "schoolteacher", who by virtue of lack of experience; education; and training; has nothing other than what they have read somewhere in providing their usually unreliable opinions.

In this regards, there is one item which history will ultimately classify as an "Absolute".

That being the fact that a SINGLE, (lone assassin) is responsible for the three shots which were fired in the assassination of JFK.

That you obviously lack the capability to distinguish between a LA (Lone Assassin) who was a part of a conspiracy which resulted in the death of JFK, as opposed to a LN (Lone Nut) who merely had nothing better to do on 11/22/63, is your failing.

\

Not mine!

That you, not unlike many/most others, fail to grasp that there are reasons other than "assassination conspiracy" for the actions of the WC, is your failing.

Not mine!

That you can derive no other motive for the assassination other than the "well worn" VIETNAM motive, is your failing.

Not mine.

Suprisingly enough, there are persons who have the capability for their own "independent thought process", and are not likely to be lead down the merry path of Charles Manson; Jim Jones; Jim Garrison; Oliver Stone; etc; etc; etc.

I would have hoped that someone who has studied law would therefore possess a far better grasp on the reality of presentation of "Fact".

But then again, attorney's are merely "people" also, who happen to have studied their subject matter. And as most are now aware (the OJ Trial), "Fact" often has little to do with anything in the American Jurisprudence System".

Just a few "Facts":

1. LHO had an uncle, (Louis B. Claverie) who was a member of a significant law firm in New Orleans, LA.

2. This Uncle, along with two other prominent members of the Law Firm, founded "FOR AMERICA", which was one of the far, far, far, right-wing radical elements in the American political spectrum.

3. The "Home Office" for this right-wing group was the exact same bldg. in Chicago, IL, from which LHO received financial aid upon his return from the Soviet Union.

4. In addition to the other connections, one of these members of the Law Firm, was also a representative for the United Fruit Company.

5. This association to United Fruit, also extends to this member of the Law Firm having met with revolutionary individuals who were seeking funding & backing for overthrow of the Guatemalean Government in the 1950's.

6. A large amount of the employment of LHO as well as his Mother, is directly traceable back to the associations of the members of this law firm as "Registered Agents" for the party for whom LHO & or his mother was employed.

7. LHO, as well as the "United Fruit" representative of this law firm, have direct family ties back to one of the single most prominent and respected families of the Civil War. IE: General PGT Beauregard.

8. This Law Firm, is itself, a direct descendent from a Confederate Civil War Officer in whose home Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of American, died.

9. This individual, who was an early founder of the law firm, also happens to have been the father of a New Orleans Stockbroker, who later merged with Merril Lynch, to become one of the largest stock brokerage firms in the US. (Merril Lynch, Pierce, Fenner, & Beane)

Now, the "Great Seeker of Truth, Justice, and the American Way)/aka Jim Garrison, lived in New Orleans and knew full well the social; political; and wealthy structural and family order of this region of the US.

So: One must question exactly why it is that some poor ole ignoramus from South Mississippi can present this information to the American Public, whereas the Honorable (Watch my Hands) Jim Garrison, DA of New Orleans, LA, could not find this information when it was directly under his nose.

There is little doubt as to what the "Circus" actions of Jim Garrison were about.

That persons continue to follow the circus and heap "Praise" at the alter, does not mean that the "Religion" has validity.

It is merely another demonstration of an aspect of human nature.

Well, you've really put all your cards on the table with this one. Let me see if I can get this straight; Garrison was covering for some unnamed New Orleans law firm of which one of Oswald's uncles was a member (one of Oswald's uncles was also connected to organized crime, as Robert Blakey likes to state). This law firm was connected to United Fruit as well as some murky connections to players in the Civil War. Oswald's uncle was a rightwinger. His uncle co-founded a rightwing organization, which was in the same general area as the location from which Oswald recieved financial aid upon his return from Russia (so what? if you think this is significant perhaps you would be interested to know that Oswald purchased his ticket to go to Russia at Clay Shaw's International Trade Mart and registered as an import/export agent [DiEugenio p. 374 n. 63]). Oswald is the lone assassin, acting at the behest of this law firm. Garrison's failure to pursue your pet theory proves his true intentions. What is totally lacking here is any evidentiary link between the "Law Firm" and Oswald's actions.

Also, unlike Manson or Jim Jones, neither Oliver Stone or Jim Garrison have killed anyone or been responsible for anyone's death. Enjoy your "'independent thought process.'"

Edited by Owen Parsons

Mr. Parsons, have you read the Life articles about Jim Garrison's organized crime connections.

I do not agree with anything that Purvis says outside of his lack of respect for Jim Garrison, but do you think that Life magazine got it wrong too?

Yes, Life magazine/Luce press got it dead wrong about Garrison just like the rest of the major media.

I don't have time to dig up ancient Life magazine articles, but the main charge, as I understand it, is that the mob picked up Garrison's tab while at the Sands Hotel in Las Vegas. Davy debunks this one: "Garrison provided evidence to the Life reporters that the 'hospitality' he recieved was nothing more than the standard loss-leader feature extended to most important personages who visited not only the Sands but most other hotels in Vegas. Garrison provided a copy of his Sands bill to the reporters and pointed out that there was a rather hefty valet and telephone bill that the hotel did not cover. As Garrison noted, 'Apparently I am not very highly regarded by the Mafia if they won't even pick up my phone bill.' Nevertheless Life went ahead with these charges." It should be noted that one of the people involved with this article was David Chandler, a personal friend of Clay Shaw's (Davy 153-4). I have already posted additional information showing that Jim Garrison was not a friend of Marcello or the mob. If you have any more charges of Mob/Garrison connections send them my way and I'll debunk them.

Mr. Parsons, have you read the Life articles about Jim Garrison's organized crime connections.

I do not agree with anything that Purvis says outside of his lack of respect for Jim Garrison, but do you think that Life magazine got it wrong too?

Yes, Life magazine/Luce press got it dead wrong about Garrison just like the rest of the major media.

I don't have time to dig up ancient Life magazine articles, but the main charge, as I understand it, is that the mob picked up Garrison's tab while at the Sands Hotel in Las Vegas. Davy debunks this one: "Garrison provided evidence to the Life reporters that the 'hospitality' he recieved was nothing more than the standard loss-leader feature extended to most important personages who visited not only the Sands but most other hotels in Vegas. Garrison provided a copy of his Sands bill to the reporters and pointed out that there was a rather hefty valet and telephone bill that the hotel did not cover. As Garrison noted, 'Apparently I am not very highly regarded by the Mafia if they won't even pick up my phone bill.' Nevertheless Life went ahead with these charges." It should be noted that one of the people involved with this article was David Chandler, a personal friend of Clay Shaw's (Davy 153-4). I have already posted additional information showing that Jim Garrison was not a friend of Marcello or the mob. If you have any more charges of Mob/Garrison connections send them my way and I'll debunk them.

This is pretty convincing:

From 1965 through 1969, Garrison obtained just two convictions and five guilty pleas in police cases brought against Marcello's gangsters. He elected not to prosecute 84 such cases, including 22 gambling charges, one for attempted murder, three for kidnapping and one for manslaughter. Garrison even managed to hush up the fact that last June a Marcello bagman, Vic Carona, died after suffering a heart attack during a political meeting held in Garrison's own home.

It reminds me of David Ferrie's death.

If the Life allegations were not true, why didn't Jim Garrison sue the reporters?

Edited by Lynne Foster

If the Life allegations were not true, why didn't Jim Garrison sue the reporters?

The Life smear was a very small part of a multi-part Life series on the mob. Garrison was busy preparing the case of his career, which the defense team had suceeded in greatly delaying (see Flammonde on this). I don't pretend to know a great deal about the legal system, but I can't imagine suing Life would have sped things up. Most importantly, nothing Life wrote was technically untrue, it just wasn't the full story, as I've shown.